The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

End Game Stamina Nightblade Build- PvE DPS (Updated for Clockwork City)

• Caffeinated_Dani
    Caffeinated_Dani
    Soul Shriven
    Daveheart wrote: »
    @Caffeinated_Dani I'm sure Gill with have his own answer, but I'd personally just use it as a flex spot. In the next update the snare and delayed damage from the Undaunted webs skill, tangling webs or whatever, could have its uses; it seems to have a relatively high tooltip and provides another high damage synergy for teammates. I'm sure reaper's mark could also have plenty of use in certain engagements; the armor pen isn't necessary, but the major berserk upon killing a mob could help somethings. You could also potentially swap rearming trap to the bow bar and keep rending slashes available for single target fights for minimizing how often you need to swap loadouts.

In the end, I personally recommend just going out to earn enough AP to earn caltrops for yourself. With the significantly reduced AP requirements for the alliance skill line, it's not too tough. Plus you'll also earn vigor which is really important for any solo instances.

@Daveheart Yeah, but I'm DC, so most of the time i get zerged :neutral:
    Edited by Caffeinated_Dani on May 22, 2016 12:37AM
    Options
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Caffeinated_Dani I'm sure Gill with have his own answer, but I'd personally just use it as a flex spot. In the next update the snare and delayed damage from the Undaunted webs skill, tangling webs or whatever, could have its uses; it seems to have a relatively high tooltip and provides another high damage synergy for teammates. I'm sure reaper's mark could also have plenty of use in certain engagements; the armor pen isn't necessary, but the major berserk upon killing a mob could help somethings. You could also potentially swap rearming trap to the bow bar and keep rending slashes available for single target fights for minimizing how often you need to swap loadouts.

In the end, I personally recommend just going out to earn enough AP to earn caltrops for yourself. With the significantly reduced AP requirements for the alliance skill line, it's not too tough. Plus you'll also earn vigor which is really important for any solo instances.

So am I, and so is Gilliam. Try joining up with one of the guilds. Worst case scenario you can slap a resto staff on and zerg surf whilst spamming rapid regen. Or just do it slowly with scout quests and repair kits. Either way, good luck.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So am I, and so is Gilliam. Try joining up with one of the guilds. Worst case scenario you can slap a resto staff on and zerg surf whilst spamming rapid regen. Or just do it slowly with scout quests and repair kits. Either way, good luck.

FOR THE COVENANT!
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
    Options
  • Turbatus
    Turbatus
    I don't have caltrops any other skill to use in its place?

Typically for group content I'll swap to sap essence if I see someone else using caltrops and I have faith in the heals. A little magika dump, a little heal, and major brutality. If I get a healer that really doesn't do anything, I'll use vigor instead.

(Btw @Gilliamtherogue .I'm finally pulling 22k on tank and spank bosses with my 217 cp! :D thanks! )
    Options
  • alex394053
    They have reverted Bone Shield to its weak form again (scales off health). That is so sad.
    Edited by alex394053 on May 23, 2016 12:40PM
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alex394053 wrote: »
    They have reverted Bone Shield to its weak form again (scales off health). That is so sad.

Yeah, they've change a little bit of stuff and I will be updated this as soon as the Patch Notes for DBH go to live, to keep the confusion to a minimum.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Gilliam, a question regarding cp allocation. I could only get 2 Ma axes, sharp and precise, how many points should I slot on piercing? And what considerations should be made between trials and 4-man groups? I have no idea how to test this, thank you.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sAnn92 wrote: »
    Master Gilliam, a question regarding cp allocation. I could only get 2 Ma axes, sharp and precise, how many points should I slot on piercing? And what considerations should be made between trials and 4-man groups? I have no idea how to test this, thank you.

If you run with mainly well organized 4 mans and trials that have armor debuffs and whatnot then no more than 20 points into Piercing. There isn't a real answer I can give, and it will change based on what's going on. Check my updated CP allocation link and try and adjust to that with what you will.

Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, how exactly we rotate now?! Am I supposed to cast a dot every rapid strike? I feel so lost, can't even weave rapid strikes correctly lol

Options
  • Turbatus
    Turbatus
    @Gilliamtherogue

Same boat as the guy above me.... no idea how to weave rapid... my bs rotation mammoths give me 13k with rapid, 18k with SA. No idea how to weave it. (Leki daggers still)

And my crit feels lower despite having more cp aND allocating it.
    Options
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Turbatus wrote: »
    @Gilliamtherogue

Same boat as the guy above me.... no idea how to weave rapid... my bs rotation mammoths give me 13k with rapid, 18k with SA. No idea how to weave it. (Leki daggers still)

If you struggle with it the weaving and don't have maelstrom daggers then just use surprise attack
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
    Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ryanborror wrote: »
    @Gilliamtherogue

If you struggle with it the weaving and don't have maelstrom daggers then just use surprise attack

Well, but I got to learn right? I do got Ma weaps tho, my question is about the interaction with the the Cruel flurry, should I just rotate normally or what?

Options
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    I think you just apply dots with in between rapid strikes without light/heavy weaving between Rapids and dot and then weave normally when they are all up. I have not tried this yet but alcast hints at it in his stam dk video.,
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
    Options
  • Turbatus
    Turbatus
    Ah, I don't have the vma daggers yet... thought having them was just a bonus.
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue

Well, but I got to learn right? I do got Ma weaps tho, my question is about the interaction with the the Cruel flurry, should I just rotate normally or what?

Each cast of Flurry procs the enchant, which lasts 4seconds, so you much rapid strikes > dot > rapid strikes > dot until they're all up

Options
  • singlemalt
    singlemalt
    Soul Shriven
    Hey Gilliam, I've been running this build for a long time and loving it! Quick question as to whether or not the CP allocation link on the first page on this thread is updated for DB? Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this build, much appreciated.
    Options
  • Turbatus
    Turbatus
    @Gilliamtherogue

Oh.... I was trying to cancel rapid.... it sounds less timing intensive than sa weaving
    Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue

Each cast of Flurry procs the enchant, which lasts 4seconds, so you much rapid strikes > dot > rapid strikes > dot until they're all up

Even if half of those dots are on the bow bar? Should I rapids, swap poison injection, swap, etc.? That would be crazy lol. And what about if all dots are already applied? Rapid strikes again, or a slashes in between?

I run vIcp already, I did similar dps than before with an embarrassingly awful rotation lol so, I'm pretty excited about the potential. Thanks Gilliam
    Edited by SanTii.92 on June 2, 2016 1:34AM

Options
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue I was reading Some of what you've said on here and I've got a couple questions. Does elfborn/ precise strikes not round down anymore or work in between jump points? And if ravager is being updated would you replace nerieneth and agility if rng allows?
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue I was reading Some of what you've said on here and I've got a couple questions. Does elfborn/ precise strikes not round down anymore or work in between jump points? And if ravager is being updated would you replace nerieneth and agility if rng allows?

They both still round down and do not work outside of JP, and Ravager is not worth while since it is stuck in impen and healthy rings.

Options
  • HawkStan
    HawkStan
    Hey @Gilliamtherogue
    I made this exact build, just without maelstorm weapons and am on 61% crit chance when fully buffed (as a khajiet). Is that normal this patch or am i doing something wrong? (I run hundings cuz multiple guildies run night mothers)
    #VMA token system
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HawkStan wrote: »
    Hey @Gilliamtherogue
    I made this exact build, just without maelstorm weapons and am on 61% crit chance when fully buffed (as a khajiet). Is that normal this patch or am i doing something wrong? (I run hundings cuz multiple guildies run night mothers)

NM and Hundings give the same crit values. When I run my old setup of 5 NM 3 agi 2 Nerieneth 2 Hundings I have 83.9% crit, so you're missing stuff.

Options
  • Azuriel02
    Azuriel02
    ✭✭

Hi there.

I'm quite confused by what I quoted, does it imply that the enchant will last 4 seconds, no matter how much DoTs it buffed? I thought the enchant was consumed after a DoT was applied.

It kinda change my whole point of view on that and how much complicated it was for me to get a perfect rotation on my StamDK the past few months.. ><

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonder about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azuriel02 wrote: »

Hi there.

I'm quite confused by what I quoted, does it imply that the enchant will last 4 seconds, no matter how much DoTs it buffed? I thought the enchant was consumed after a DoT was applied.

It kinda change my whole point of view on that and how much complicated it was for me to get a perfect rotation on my StamDK the past few months.. ><

After casting Rapid Strikes you gain Cruel Flurry, which lasts a total of 4 seconds. If you cast a single target DoT (some AoE's consume it as well, but only 1 target well gain the bonus weapon damage) within those 4 seconds, the duration of the DoT casted will gain the bonus weapon damage.

Options
  • Misterbiax
    Hi Gilliam! Could I ask you which are the best replacements for Maelstrom weapons in this build?
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Misterbiax wrote: »
    Hi Gilliam! Could I ask you which are the best replacements for Maelstrom weapons in this build?

Under Honorable mentions, 2 Lekis or 2 Hundings.

Options
  • YoloWizard
    YoloWizard
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, I have been playing my Stamblade recently and I'm bumped about it. Do you have recent parses by any chance so I can compare what I'm running with?

This *** can (or almost) honestly compete or even defeat Stam DK
    RETIRED

World First Vet Maw Of Lorkhaj Clear
    World First Vet Halls of Fabrication Clear
    World First Vet Asylum Sanctorium +2 Clear

World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (YT)
    Options
  • mortalous
    mortalous
    ✭✭

Hi Gilliam. I assume Morag Tong or Leki can be used if I don't have Maelstrom daggers yet? Morag has the same bonus for the 2 set weapon damage as well, and it seems to be more available currently than Leki is on most vendors (without farming them of course). There were a few selling for 45k earlier today.
    Options
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mortalous wrote: »

Hi Gilliam. I assume Morag Tong or Leki can be used if I don't have Maelstrom daggers yet? Morag has the same bonus for the 2 set weapon damage as well, and it seems to be more available currently than Leki is on most vendors (without farming them of course). There were a few selling for 45k earlier today.

I paid 4K each for Leki's last week in Rawl'kha of all places and there were many of them. They were purple and some blue quality and had crap enchants but that's easy enough to fix. There were lots of them in Orsinium and several in Belkarth as well. Look around a bit more before you overpay by 10X.
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mortalous wrote: »

Leki's should be far cheaper than Morag Tong, but either of them work as they both come in precise daggers and have weapon damage as the 2 piece. Keep in mind that Hunding's (or 2 NM if you're using 5 Hunding's) will beat the weapon damage if someone is running Aggressive Warhorn.

Options
This discussion has been closed.