The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

End Game Stamina Nightblade Build- PvE DPS (Updated for Clockwork City)

• JacobyRust
    JacobyRust
    ✭✭
    JacobyRust wrote: »
    What is the critical increase from purple to gold stat wise? Is it pretty significant or minuscule?

Set bonus crit rating change from purple to gold will not be noticed, since it only increases fractions of a percent, which the in game tool does not look at.

However if you have multiple set bonuses going from purple to gold you may notice a few % increases.
    Has anyone heard of the khajiit crit passive getting fixed for the thieves guild update?

I've tested it on the PTS and it's all in working order.

Thank you on my bosmer with your same setup and purple gear I'm only getting a 65% crit rating and didn't want to waste the mats to upgrade if it wasn't worth it
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the critical increase from purple to gold stat wise? Is it pretty significant or minuscule?

Set bonus crit rating change from purple to gold will not be noticed, since it only increases fractions of a percent, which the in game tool does not look at.

However if you have multiple set bonuses going from purple to gold you may notice a few % increases.
    Has anyone heard of the khajiit crit passive getting fixed for the thieves guild update?

I've tested it on the PTS and it's all in working order.

Thank you on my bosmer with your same setup and purple gear I'm only getting a 65% crit rating and didn't want to waste the mats to upgrade if it wasn't worth it

There should only be an 8% difference in crit with dual wield bars active in crit if you have the exact same setup.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • JacobyRust
    JacobyRust
    ✭✭
    That's what I thought. Maybe it's a UI error or something but it says 65.3% or maybe I missed something somewhere.
  • step1step2
    How did you enchant your jewelry?
    • Using 3x Reduce Stamina Cost atm
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    step1step2 wrote: »
    How did you enchant your jewelry?
    • Using 3x Reduce Stamina Cost atm

I use pure weapon damage jewelry for maximum damage output, I have no issue with resource management.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

• Rudster
    Rudster
    ✭✭
    Great post Gill. I don't currently have a stamblade at the moment, but its still nice to see someone taking the time to make a post like this.
    5 Night Mother's Gaze: Currently the tooltip for this set is out of date. Back in 1.6 ZoS mentioned they were going to buff the 5 piece by 50%, and they did. However they forgot to update the tooltip, meaning players thought it was pretty lack luster still. At legendary v16 this offers 5.86% damage(3870 armor reduc)for physically penetrative abilities (I say that since some magic dealing abilities use physical penetration, like our execute). Not only does it give us more damage on our abilities than Hunding's Rage does, but it also works for anyone attacking that target. I would only use 5 piece Hunding's Rage over this set IF someone else in group was running it. This set also has no ICD, and the first ability to proc it also benefits from the reductive damage, meaning it has a 100% operational value. As I said before, even in solo circumstances, this set outperforms Hunding's Rage damage wise.

For a V16 player this would be accurate. However for whatever reason ZOS decided that all VR mobs (or at least the ones I have tested) are level 50 for resistances purposes. So rather than having a max armor value of 66000 thye have a value of 50000, so a 3870 armor reduction would add a 7.74% damage for a PvE mob. This doesn't take into account the fact that armor reductions reduce the effectiveness of maces and any weapon with the sharpened trait, so if you were to switch away from your precise daggers you would want to take this into account. For example if you were using sharpened maces Night Mother's would only add 4.95% because you lose 1393 armor penetration since the target has 3870 less armor so you only end up gaining 2477 armor penetration.
    Let's break down the net values of the higher up races;
    1) Khajiit- 8% crit *if it was working* is a bonus chance to crit with all weapon crit based attacks, which is all of our kit. With this build's current CHD setup 8% crit is worth 7.6% flat damage in perfect math with no buffs, 8.56% flat damage with minor force (rearming trap), and an 11.36% flat damage value with both major (aggressive warhorn)and minor force. This alone makes them the top damage dealing choice. If you're curious how to find the damage % value of crit or crit hit damage, all you have to do is take critical strike multiplied by critical hit damage. In this case 8% crit multiplied by my base 1.95 CHD, but remove the 1 since it stands for base damage. My crits unbuffed deal 195% base damage- 100% of the base attack + 95% extra, so we look at the 95% or .95. Minor force is 12% and Major is 35% so simply add those values to the base CHD.

Major force is 30%, not 35%. But once again ZOS throws a wrench at us and doesn't apply the minor\major buffs in the same way. Minor Force simply adds 0.12 to your crit modifer (e.g. the buff is additive) whereas Major Force adds 30% to your CHD (the buff is multiplicative). So if your CHD is 1.67 and you lay down a trap, your CHD becomes 1.79. If you get hit with a Warhorn and your CHD is 1.67 then it only becomes 1.87. If you have both buffs active and your normal CHD is 1.67 then your CHD will be 2.03.

Whats interesting is if your CHD is higher than 2.0 (which yours is after you do rearming trap), you actually get a higher CHD from the multiplicative nature of Major Force, whereas every other person in your raid is losing quite a bit of DPS due to this bug\oversight.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rudster wrote: »
    Great post Gill. I don't currently have a stamblade at the moment, but its still nice to see someone taking the time to make a post like this.
    5 Night Mother's Gaze: Currently the tooltip for this set is out of date. Back in 1.6 ZoS mentioned they were going to buff the 5 piece by 50%, and they did. However they forgot to update the tooltip, meaning players thought it was pretty lack luster still. At legendary v16 this offers 5.86% damage(3870 armor reduc)for physically penetrative abilities (I say that since some magic dealing abilities use physical penetration, like our execute). Not only does it give us more damage on our abilities than Hunding's Rage does, but it also works for anyone attacking that target. I would only use 5 piece Hunding's Rage over this set IF someone else in group was running it. This set also has no ICD, and the first ability to proc it also benefits from the reductive damage, meaning it has a 100% operational value. As I said before, even in solo circumstances, this set outperforms Hunding's Rage damage wise.

For a V16 player this would be accurate. However for whatever reason ZOS decided that all VR mobs (or at least the ones I have tested) are level 50 for resistances purposes. So rather than having a max armor value of 66000 thye have a value of 50000, so a 3870 armor reduction would add a 7.74% damage for a PvE mob. This doesn't take into account the fact that armor reductions reduce the effectiveness of maces and any weapon with the sharpened trait, so if you were to switch away from your precise daggers you would want to take this into account. For example if you were using sharpened maces Night Mother's would only add 4.95% because you lose 1393 armor penetration since the target has 3870 less armor so you only end up gaining 2477 armor penetration.
    Let's break down the net values of the higher up races;
    1) Khajiit- 8% crit *if it was working* is a bonus chance to crit with all weapon crit based attacks, which is all of our kit. With this build's current CHD setup 8% crit is worth 7.6% flat damage in perfect math with no buffs, 8.56% flat damage with minor force (rearming trap), and an 11.36% flat damage value with both major (aggressive warhorn)and minor force. This alone makes them the top damage dealing choice. If you're curious how to find the damage % value of crit or crit hit damage, all you have to do is take critical strike multiplied by critical hit damage. In this case 8% crit multiplied by my base 1.95 CHD, but remove the 1 since it stands for base damage. My crits unbuffed deal 195% base damage- 100% of the base attack + 95% extra, so we look at the 95% or .95. Minor force is 12% and Major is 35% so simply add those values to the base CHD.

Major force is 30%, not 35%. But once again ZOS throws a wrench at us and doesn't apply the minor\major buffs in the same way. Minor Force simply adds 0.12 to your crit modifer (e.g. the buff is additive) whereas Major Force adds 30% to your CHD (the buff is multiplicative). So if your CHD is 1.67 and you lay down a trap, your CHD becomes 1.79. If you get hit with a Warhorn and your CHD is 1.67 then it only becomes 1.87. If you have both buffs active and your normal CHD is 1.67 then your CHD will be 2.03.

Whats interesting is if your CHD is higher than 2.0 (which yours is after you do rearming trap), you actually get a higher CHD from the multiplicative nature of Major Force, whereas every other person in your raid is losing quite a bit of DPS due to this bug\oversight.

Mitigation values can be obtained % wise as follows; Resistance cap for players is 50% mitigation, which is reached at 33000 active armor. Active armor is how much armor you have after an enemy's resistance bypasses are calculated. Therefor 660 armor/sr = 1% mitigation. Therefor 3870 armor reduction is 5.86% damage mitigation (calculations cut off after the 2nd decimal place in game). That is a static number and does not change, unless an enemy has LESS than 3870 armor, which means it will not get the full armor value (only applicable to critters and low level mobs).

That being said, that is why I mentioned Precise Daggers are the top DPS performance, and is a big reason as to why I do not run maces/sharpened. I am already well aware of the calculations that maces and swords, as well as precise and sharpened bring damage wise to the table as I have tested all possible combinations of them before I posted this build.

CHD was also fixed to no longer be multiplicative, and all sources are now additive as of the Orsinium patch. I derive all calculations in game by raw data I observe, rather than sticking to old knowledge or calculations. But yes, Major Force is 30%, that was a typo on my part.

• Rudster
    Rudster
    ✭✭
    Tested on the PTS just now (v2.3.2) with a template character. Tested it on live last night as well, but I didn't write down the exact numbers. I main a Magicka DK so thats what I tested on, I presume everything would stay the same for physical penetration but I could be wrong.

No Trap\Warhorn:
    3664 Non Crit
    5497 Crit
    Crit Modifier = 1.5

Rearming Trap:
    3664 Non Crit
    5936 Crit
    CM = 1.62

Aggressive Warhorn:
    3851 Non Crit
    6353 Crit
    CM = 1.65 (With quite a bit of rounding going on)

Screenshots
    Rearming Trap:

FiCi6P7.png

Warhorn:

VDRPeFJ.png

I could go a step further and do another round of testing with some points into Elfborn to raise my normal CM (which I have done, just didn't write the numbers down) to further confirm that Major\Minor force are applied differently but I don't really want to spend the time to rerun everything at the moment.

Now for spell\armor penetration. I manipulated my spell penetration\targets armor via the light armor passive and ele drain only. I used a defending staff to make everything simple.

V10 Mammoth (The Rift)

4538 Lava Whip Tooltip
    4538 - 10264 Spell Penetration
    4200 - 5380 Spell Penetration
    4164 - 4984 Spell Penetration
    3721 - 100 Spell Penetration

V16 Thralled Warrior (Vet Spindleclutch)

4538 Lava Whip Tooltip
    3818 - 10264 Spell Penetration
    3374 - 5380 Spell Penetration
    3339 - 4984 Spell Penetration
    2895 - 100 Spell Penetration

Gaining the Concentration LA passive (worth 4884 spell penetration) gave me 443/444 (obviously something just got rounded differently) additional damage against both mobs despite them being 6VR's apart. This is an additional 9.76% (443/4538) damage from the tooltip. If 100% mitigation for a mob was 66000 (like it is for a V16 player) then you would only expect a 7.55% (4884/66000) increase from 4884 additional penetration, however if it was 50000 you would expect a 9.76% (4884/50000) increase, which is exactly what we got.

With the data above you can calculate the Mammoth has 9100 spell resistance (flame resistance to be exact, but I assume they're the same for these two mobs) and the Thralled Warrior has 18200 spell resistance. On a side note the Thralled Warrior (the mob at the beginning of vSC thats getting attacked by the friendly NPC) actually has the same resistance as Blood Spawn. This isn't specific to that trash mob either, I think most (or even all) the trash in SC have the same resistances.
    Edited by Rudster on February 19, 2016 12:52AM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rudster wrote: »
    Tested on the PTS just now (v2.3.2) with a template character. Tested it on live last night as well, but I didn't write down the exact numbers. I main a Magicka DK so thats what I tested on, I presume everything would stay the same for physical penetration but I could be wrong.

No Trap\Warhorn:
    3664 Non Crit
    5497 Crit
    Crit Modifier = 1.5

Rearming Trap:
    3664 Non Crit
    5936 Crit
    CM = 1.62

Aggressive Warhorn:
    3851 Non Crit
    6353 Crit
    CM = 1.65 (With quite a bit of rounding going on)

Screenshots
    Rearming Trap:

FiCi6P7.png

Warhorn:

VDRPeFJ.png

I could go a step further and do another round of testing with some points into Elfborn to raise my normal CM (which I have done, just didn't write the numbers down) to further confirm that Major\Minor force are applied differently but I don't really want to spend the time to rerun everything at the moment.

Now for spell\armor penetration. I manipulated my spell penetration\targets armor via the light armor passive and ele drain only. I used a defending staff to make everything simple.

V10 Mammoth (The Rift)

4538 Lava Whip Tooltip
    4538 - 10264 Spell Penetration
    4200 - 5380 Spell Penetration
    4164 - 4984 Spell Penetration
    3721 - 100 Spell Penetration

V16 Thralled Warrior (Vet Spindleclutch)

4538 Lava Whip Tooltip
    3818 - 10264 Spell Penetration
    3374 - 5380 Spell Penetration
    3339 - 4984 Spell Penetration
    2895 - 100 Spell Penetration

Gaining the Concentration LA passive (worth 4884 spell penetration) gave me 443/444 (obviously something just got rounded differently) additional damage against both mobs despite them being 6VR's apart. This is an additional 9.76% (443/4538) damage from the tooltip. If 100% mitigation for a mob was 66000 (like it is for a V16 player) then you would only expect a 7.55% (4884/66000) increase from 4884 additional penetration, however if it was 50000 you would expect a 9.76% (4884/50000) increase, which is exactly what we got.

With the data above you can calculate the Mammoth has 9100 spell resistance (flame resistance to be exact, but I assume they're the same for these two mobs) and the Thralled Warrior has 18200 spell resistance. On a side note the Thralled Warrior (the mob at the beginning of vSC thats getting attacked by the friendly NPC) actually has the same resistance as Blood Spawn. This isn't specific to that trash mob either, I think most (or even all) the trash in SC have the same resistances.

The reason your % amps are different is because you are applying them individually to the mob's armor rating, which is irrelevant with Nightmother's or any flat reduction. Nightmothers reduces armor by 3870, which means no matter what your attacks will do an additional 5.86% more damage than they would without it. Nightmother's % efficiency does not matter on a targets armor rating, unless it is under 3870, as you cannot over penetrate a target.

You are not incorrect by your statement, but you are applying irrelevant math, further convoluting a rather simple subject. Taking the % of how much your reduction of the target is just shows how much efficiency you are gaining against it, but you will always gain the same amount of damage from the mitigation (with the exception of +/- 1 due to rounding).

As for your statement on CHD, it seems that Warhorn is now broken again and only receiving half of the efficiency as it was prior to the vanilla Orsinium patch. Somewhere along the lines of the minor patches it was broken again, because when it went live ALL sources of CHD were giving true values, but now I am only seeing a 13.9% increase to my CHD when applying it (less than value due to mob mitigation reducing the efficiency). Thanks for posting that from PTS, I will make sure to report that immediately. I had just been testing with this a few months ago and I have the notes in front of me and everything was perfect after mitigation values applied. Guess I eat my own words about not using old info, even if it was a few incremental patches ago D;

• Rudster
    Rudster
    ✭✭

As for your statement on CHD, it seems that Warhorn is now broken again and only receiving half of the efficiency as it was prior to the vanilla Orsinium patch. Somewhere along the lines of the minor patches it was broken again, because when it went live ALL sources of CHD were giving true values, but now I am only seeing a 13.9% increase to my CHD when applying it (less than value due to mob mitigation reducing the efficiency). Thanks for posting that from PTS, I will make sure to report that immediately. I had just been testing with this a few months ago and I have the notes in front of me and everything was perfect after mitigation values applied. Guess I eat my own words about not using old info, even if it was a few incremental patches ago D;

Thats weird, since I don't remember anything mentioned in any of the incremental patches that could have broken it. Honestly it doesn't surprise me that ZOS would break something like that even though they haven't changed anything related to Warhorns\Crit damage modifiers as far as I can tell.

The reason your % amps are different is because you are applying them individually to the mob's armor rating, which is irrelevant with Nightmother's or any flat reduction. Nightmothers reduces armor by 3870, which means no matter what your attacks will do an additional 5.86% more damage than they would without it. Nightmother's % efficiency does not matter on a targets armor rating, unless it is under 3870, as you cannot over penetrate a target.

You are not incorrect by your statement, but you are applying irrelevant math, further convoluting a rather simple subject. Taking the % of how much your reduction of the target is just shows how much efficiency you are gaining against it, but you will always gain the same amount of damage from the mitigation (with the exception of +/- 1 due to rounding).

You're correct that armor penetration\reduction will increase damage at a flat amount regardless of how much armor that target (barring over penetration), however you derived that 5.86% by taking the 3870 armor reduction of Night Mother's Gaze and dividing it by 66000 which is 100% mitigation for a V16 player. However with regards to PvE mobs, their "100% mitigation" armor rating is 50000. This means that reducing a PvE mobs armor by 3870 would increase your damage by 7.74%.

You piqued my curiosity about this enough I crafted a set of Night Mothers to test, although the tooltip is only 2190 armor reduction since its white V14 (didn't want to take the time to improve it lol). I was actually quite surprised at what I found.

Using Heroic Slash against V10 Mammoths in The Rift on Live:
    4587 - Tooltip
    2927 - 100 Armor Penetration
    3127 - 100 Armor Penetration + Night Mothers Gaze

First off the mammoths have more physical resistance than spell, 18200 physical vs 9100 spell from my previous testing. Assuming that, and that a PvE mob has a 100% resistance value of 50000 (instead of 66000) the mammoth should mitigate 36.2% of our damage (18200 Resistance - 100 Penetration / 50000), and this is exactly what happens (4587 * .638 = 2926.506).

Now lets assume that the Night Mothers tooltip is indeed correct rather than it being off by 50% like ZOS said they would, and you hypothesized they did but failed to update the tooltip. The calculation then becomes 18200 armor - 2290 penetration / 50000 = 31.82% mitigation which would take a 4587 tooltip down to 3127.4166 (to be exact), which we see is exactly what happen.

Whats interesting is that my set of Night Mother's results in a ~4.36% increase in damage. If I were to calculate the increase the same way you did (e.g. 2190 * 150% / 66000) we would get a ~4.98% increase. If we go back to a legendary V16 set of Night Mothers its 5.16% vs 5.86%, which is very close. I can guess this was the source of your confusion.

I'm not sure how you drew the conclusion that the Night Mothers tooltip was incorrect, but I think we can definitely say that it isn't. The difference in PvE between your calculation and what I did above is actually quite small, but it is there. For PvP though the implications are a bit more drastic, since the armor cap is indeed 66000 for a V16 player, I don't PvP right now though so I'll leave that alone.

Now just for illustrative purposes I'll take a Wrecking Blow with a tooltip of 10616 physical damage and calculate the actual damage with the Night Mothers debuff, Major Fracture debuff, and a sharpened maul. I'll show everything so anyone unfamiliar with how to calculate actual damage can follow.

18200 Armor - 5280 (Fracture) - 2190 (Night Mothers) = 10730 Armor
    10730 Armor - 10730 * 14% (Legendary Sharpened Trait) - 10730 * 20% (Heavy Weapons Passive for Mauls) = 7081.8 Armor
    7081.8 Armor - 100 (we always get 100 Armor\Spell penetration) = 6981.8 Armor / 50000 Cap = 13.96% mitigation.
    10616 Damage - 10616 * 13.96% = 9134 Damage.

What actually happens:

rD5YJIU.jpg

It does exactly that.

TL;DR

Night Mother's tooltip is correct, and will add 5.16% of the tooltip to your attacks so long as you do not over penetrate your targets armor (highly unlikely) and your weapons aren't maces\maul or have the sharpened trait on them.
    Edited by Rudster on February 19, 2016 6:43AM
  • Azuriel02
    Azuriel02
    ✭✭

Hey there, thanks Gilliam for your work and dedication, pretty impressive.

I just crafted the gear too and I'm having the same issue with my Bosmer, I only have 69.2% critical chance with this set and with the Shadow mundus stone, on my character sheet at least.

I'm wandering if it's actually worth running at 300CP, so without the 12% crit damage multiplier from PRecise strike, as compared to Jeckll''s build I feel I'm loosing tons of weapon damage while having even more crits (77.7%).. And as I don't have the Maelstrom bow, nor Nerieth helmet, I'm not sure I'm going the right way.. :smiley:

But I going to give it a try with 5xNG, Shadow mundus, and SH slotted (curious here, I guess you want to start off your fight with Meteor but do you use SH in one target fight other than on an execute phase?).

Thanks again, and sorry for bad english, I'm not a native speaker. ^^

Have fun in Tamriel guys.

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonder about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure this has been posted somewhere else but if not:

"5) Siphoning Attacks: The saving grace of our resources. This ability alone allows us to ignore running regen or cost reduction anywhere in our build. I keep this ability up whenever I drop below 50% resources on single target fights, and up 100% on AoE fights. The main reason is Razor Caltrops and Scorched Earth both can proc this sucker, and when the RNG gods favor us, procs non stop."

This combo will no longer work with the next DLC.

Also I have noticed that with relentless focus that while it does buff my stam regen, my weapon damage never moves. Has anyone tested to see if this is simply a visual glitch or is this part not working?
    Edited by PlagueMonk on February 21, 2016 10:45PM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »

"5) Siphoning Attacks: The saving grace of our resources. This ability alone allows us to ignore running regen or cost reduction anywhere in our build. I keep this ability up whenever I drop below 50% resources on single target fights, and up 100% on AoE fights. The main reason is Razor Caltrops and Scorched Earth both can proc this sucker, and when the RNG gods favor us, procs non stop."

Also I have noticed that with relentless focus that while it does buff my stam regen, my weapon damage never moves. Has anyone tested to see if this is simply a visual glitch or is this part not working?

I have already mentioned the fact that stamina NB DPS will be no longer competitive next patch due to this change earlier in the thread.

Relentless focus does not give Brutality, so it does not increase weapon damage. It gives Berserk, which is ALL damage, so it only applies to tooltips.

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azuriel02 wrote: »

Hey there, thanks Gilliam for your work and dedication, pretty impressive.

I just crafted the gear too and I'm having the same issue with my Bosmer, I only have 69.2% critical chance with this set and with the Shadow mundus stone, on my character sheet at least.

I'm wandering if it's actually worth running at 300CP, so without the 12% crit damage multiplier from PRecise strike, as compared to Jeckll''s build I feel I'm loosing tons of weapon damage while having even more crits (77.7%).. And as I don't have the Maelstrom bow, nor Nerieth helmet, I'm not sure I'm going the right way.. :smiley:

But I going to give it a try with 5xNG, Shadow mundus, and SH slotted (curious here, I guess you want to start off your fight with Meteor but do you use SH in one target fight other than on an execute phase?).

Thanks again, and sorry for bad english, I'm not a native speaker. ^^

Have fun in Tamriel guys.

Your forms of crit should be as follows;

10% base

10.5% 7 medium armor

12% Champion Point Ritual passive

10% Major Savagery

3% Minor Savagery

4% Pressure Points passive (2 assassination abilities on main bar)

7% Precise weapon trait

10% daggers Twin Blade and Blunt passive

9.4% gear set bonuses gold quality (3 crit bonuses, 2 from NM, 1 from Hundings)

This should net you a total of 75.9% weapon critical self buffed as a non Khajiit and 83.9% weapon critical as a Khajiit.

• PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have already mentioned the fact that stamina NB DPS will be no longer competitive next patch due to this change earlier in the thread.

Relentless focus does not give Brutality, so it does not increase weapon damage. It gives Berserk, which is ALL damage, so it only applies to tooltips.

Guess I'm not understanding this because if it's ALL damage then my weapon damage and spell damage should be boosted by 8% during that time. Why wouldn't it show up as a buff and how then do I even know it's working other than start doing a lot of attack metrics?

• Khamira
    Khamira
    ✭✭✭
    Guess I'm not understanding this because if it's ALL damage then my weapon damage and spell damage should be boosted by 8% during that time. Why wouldn't it show up as a buff and how then do I even know it's working other than start doing a lot of attack metrics?

It shows as "Relentless Focus" buff. If you're damaging something instead of doing 1000 dmg you hit for 1080 dmg. It has nothing to do with stats, just another (the most outer?) layer of damage modifier.
    Kha'jira's Scribbles - Such Blog, Many Thingies, Very Wow!
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because Berserk augments all damage types, by an exact 8%. Damage is not all bound to weapon or spell damage, it is related to passives and resource pools as well (some abilities also have flat baseline damage, although those are very few). Berserk simply takes the tooltip of your damage dealing abilities and multiplies them by 8%, there is nothing related to character stat sheets aside from the buff "Relentless Focus" and "Minor Berserk"

• Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    Have you played with Briarheart at all?
    If someone else asked i apologize.
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lavum wrote: »
    Have you played with Briarheart at all?
    If someone else asked i apologize.

@Lavum
    Yes I already mentioned why Briar is not in my build; "I was actually really excited when Briar was first teased on the PTS but since getting a hold of it I have found to it be less damage out put than Hunding's Rage due to the 5 second minimum ICD. The bonus healing was going to be the redeeming quality as I'd love more heals in vma, but the heal is on a 1 second ICD and cannot crit, meaning that it's pretty much a 400-500 HoT, which isn't going to save me in my runs. The only way I'd drop Nerieneth is is Ravager got a v16 version with the ability to get divines on the gear, and all Robust legendary jewelry, or if a new set comes out to replace it. Until then the gear setup I have posted is the maximum yield for damage in a solo scenario, and only slightly outshined by Essence Thief 5 piece or Hunding's Rage 5 piece IF someone else has NM running in group."

Briar is unfortunately a trap, it doesn't preform anything spectacular compared to any other set that does what it does. If you need self healing you're better off going with Essence Thief, as it heals much more and has much higher damage capabilities.

• Ultionis
    Ultionis
    ✭✭
    What is your weapon damage and stamina recovery sitting at? I'm not running an optimal race so I'm not trying to figure what glyphs to throw on my weapons and jewelry.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultionis wrote: »
    What is your weapon damage and stamina recovery sitting at? I'm not running an optimal race so I'm not trying to figure what glyphs to throw on my weapons and jewelry.

Check the spoiler pull down of my stats on the main post.

• LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think about running NMG 5 piece and Sheer Venom 4 piece?
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think about running NMG 5 piece and Sheer Venom 4 piece?

it'd be a dps loss compared to my setup, but still be okay

• Rayd3rz
    Rayd3rz
    Soul Shriven
    Hey m8, awesome guide on stamina NB :) Keep up the good work.
    Just wanted to ask, if there are any changes in this build after the March 7th patch?
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    are you going to change anything with TG being out? are we still a good DPS?
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice work. I'm always looking options to improve my NB DPS. Good Stuff Here
  • Ammaira
    Ammaira
    I was wondering too if this changes with release of TG
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've updated this thread to reflect a lot of the TG changes. I will continue to update this as I get more information.

• Ammaira
    Ammaira
    This seems to be the most updated guide I can find, but I'm curious though why others prefer Hudings Rage + Ashen's grip?
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilliam,

I have 1 piece Nerien'eth medium infused helm, 1 piece Nerien'eth light infused helm, 1 piece Nerien'eth heavy divines shoulders, and 1 piece Nerien'eth medium reinforced shoulders. Which combination of these should I use for the optimal dps and does that combination beat 1 piece Molag Kena? Also, would running 2 piece Affliction or 2 piece Leki's be better than 2 piece Hundings?
This discussion has been closed.