The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CLOSE THIS THREAD - BY ORDER OF THE COMMUNITY

• gbsteve
    gbsteve
    ✭✭
    Yes, the lore does not specifically state there are no flying carpets soooo..... why not!
    Gidorick wrote: »
    robkrush wrote: »
    Has there ever been any instance of a flying carpet in TES before?

Not that i can recall. But there are carpets, and magic, and other odd flying things. There is no lore saying there arent flying carpets. I was testing the lore cultists. You failed.

(Queue the back peddling)

Then I stand by my "No". Flying carpets seems too contrived for ESO.

Nothing wrong with not liking something but this lore BS has to stop. I don't want to see flying cars either but some flexability would be nice. We can't just say, " has that ever been done in Elder Scrolls before"?. We will get nothing new that way.

I didn't say "it's never been done so no." I said it seems contrived. If it HAD been done before then there would be precedent... but since there isn't it would seem hokey and forced.

Oh the Redguard are Arabian-ISH so we MUST have flying carpets. Please... they should be more creative than that.

There's a buried lore book that you find that takes you on a quest to a Redguard genie that gives you a flying carpet.

Maybe you just haven't explored all Tamriel has to offer.
    VR3 - Stamblade
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    Are U high?
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a flying pet car, but IRL. It's almost the same thing.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on December 31, 2015 3:22PM
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care

Not that i can recall. But there are carpets, and magic, and other odd flying things. There is no lore saying there arent flying carpets. I was testing the lore cultists. You failed.

Nothing wrong with not liking something but this lore BS has to stop. I don't want to see flying cars either but some flexability would be nice. We can't just say, " has that ever been done in Elder Scrolls before"?. We will get nothing new that way.

I didn't say "it's never been done so no." I said it seems contrived. If it HAD been done before then there would be precedent... but since there isn't it would seem hokey and forced.

Oh the Redguard are Arabian-ISH so we MUST have flying carpets. Please... they should be more creative than that.

Seriously!?!? You said exactlly that! Your answer was "no" and your reason was....

You read intent in the original question that wasn't there. I legitimately wanted to know if there had ever been any flying carpets in TES before. I wasn't making a passive aggressive statement that they shouldn't be because there hadn't been. I wasn't sure if there had been, so I was asking a question.

Stop trying to create conflict.

Lol. No one is falling for that. You had your mind made up and your reason was because it had never been done before. Obviously your trying to back peddle out of this. For someone with so many "concepts" you should be less judgmental of others ideas and loosen the reins on YOUR idea of what ESO lore is.

Im not gonna argue with you any more.
    PS4-NA-DC
    PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irrelevant what people want as the necessary work to turn isolated island zones we currently have into anything resembling an open explorable world is a hundred times more than ZO$ want or are able to perform.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    Lore doesn't say they didn't have monster trucks running down AD in cyrodil either but that doesn't make it a good idea
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    gbsteve wrote: »

There's a buried lore book that you find that takes you on a quest to a Redguard genie that gives you a flying carpet.

Maybe you just haven't explored all Tamriel has to offer.

I can't tell if you're serious @gbsteve . Are you serious? And that's why I asked the question... because I don't claim to have explored all of Tamriel or know all the lore. Far from it... That's why I like discussion of topics and ask questions when I am not sure of an answer.

Seriously!?!? You said exactlly that! Your answer was "no" and your reason was....

You read intent in the original question that wasn't there. I legitimately wanted to know if there had ever been any flying carpets in TES before. I wasn't making a passive aggressive statement that they shouldn't be because there hadn't been. I wasn't sure if there had been, so I was asking a question.

Stop trying to create conflict.

Lol. No one is falling for that. You had your mind made up and your reason was because it had never been done before. Obviously your trying to back peddle out of this. For someone with so many "concepts" you should be less judgmental of others ideas and loosen the reins on YOUR idea of what ESO lore is.

Im not gonna argue with you any more.

seriously? You make a post... and then attack someone for asking a question.

I actually voted and then thought to myself "well... if there were flying carpets in previous games..."

If the answer had been "yes" then my response would have been:
    Well... since there is precedence then I guess it wouldn't be out of the question.

Since there isn't precedence I stand by:
    Flying carpets seems too contrived for ESO.

At this point you're just getting upset for me trying to be open to the possibility. Next time I'll just cross my arms and stand by a petulant and emotional "NO! 'CAUSE I DONT WANT IT!"

If you don't care for lore, that's fine, but you shouldn't come to a game that has a 20 year long history with a rich and varied lore and then expect players to not care for the lore. Don't try to insult us for thinking there should be adherence to the established lore. You are free to feel whatever way you want but don't try to deliberately create conflict.

At that point you're just trolling.

That's ok though... next time I just won't bother with you.

Edited by Gidorick on December 31, 2015 3:36PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    next time I just won't bother with you.

That would be my preference as well. Thank you.
    PS4-NA-DC
    PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the lore does not specifically state there are no flying carpets soooo..... why not!
    Well, putting all the drama here aside ...I would love flying on a carpet, because it is cool. I would also love, if they made it gained by an achievement, or quest and integrated it within the lore. Write some more lorebooks, give us a nice story and the cool mount :3
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flying mudcrabs please. Levitation spells in Morrowind could be used on targets, so this is highly possible at least.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lel

rip decibel
  • ZOS_Alex
    ZOS_Alex
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there, everyone.

Due to the disruptive behavior in this thread, we are going to close it. We understand that people will disagree from time to time, but we ask that trolling, insulting, and spam are not acceptable behavior on the ESOTU forums. We encourage everyone to take a few minutes and read our Code of Conduct. It outlines the guidelines and expected conduct on our forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.