The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

CLOSE THIS THREAD - BY ORDER OF THE COMMUNITY

robkrush
robkrush
✭✭✭✭✭
Edit
Edited by robkrush on December 31, 2015 4:26PM
PS4-NA-DC
PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
ZOS, 1-12-2016

CLOSE THIS THREAD - BY ORDER OF THE COMMUNITY 75 votes

Yes, the lore does not specifically state there are no flying carpets soooo..... why not!
21%
Armitasfailkiwib16_ESOPhuzAldmor13AFrostWolfreguvintimidobserverShader_ShibesSallingtongbstevemrdaveqcMolag_Crowstrikeback1247GlaiceanaJura23Father_X_Zombie 16 votes
No (please explain)
69%
ElloaGidorickKoopakevlarto_ESODanielMaxwellNewBlacksmurfDiviniusCapnPhotonMoonshadow66cazlonb16_ESOJeckllbertenburnyb16_ESOalainjbrennanb16_ESOe.v.taramanb16_ESOkwisatzdennissomb16_ESOanitajoneb17_ESOAbeilleDaraughLarsS 52 votes
I don't care
9%
stojekarcub18_ESOAnhedonierobkrushTylersohthreefarmsedorfeusXellos77 7 votes
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    I'll just play Magic Carpet if I feel the urge, thank you. Yes, that is an actual game and the very best flying carpet game you could imagine.
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on December 31, 2015 11:23AM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    The dust would make me sneeze.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    Flying pigs pls
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the lore does not specifically state there are no flying carpets soooo..... why not!
    I want flying brooms.

M202131-39513.jpg
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes but only if Flying Cars come with the update too.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • rez0055
    rez0055
    ✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    Flying Carpets?! Give us flying horses then instead.
    Characters
    - Only-Drinks-With-Templars: Lvl 50 Argonian Magica Templar
    - Bialozar: Lvl 50 Khajitt Stamina Nightblade
    - Rez the Bald Sorceror: Lvl 50 Dark Elf Magica Sorceror
    - Gerard Snow: Lvl 50 Dark Elf Magica Dragonknight
    - Dorothea Black: Lvl 50 Imperial Stamina Templar
    - Demon Cleaver: Lvl 50 Orc Stamina Warden
    - Lord of BØnes: Lvl 50 Breton Magica Necromancer

PC/EU server. You'll find my characters hoping on and off on the plains of Cyrodil with the guild The Black.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flying Carpets? No.
    Floating Carpets on the other hand... yes, please.

Flying just creates too many problems with the whole game system. But floating just at horse-height off the ground and never going higher... avoids all the problems, and lets us have fun mounts.
    Carpets, broomsticks, ayleid levitating thrones, dunmer driftdisks, whatever...
    Edited by TheShadowScout on December 31, 2015 2:52PM
  • Jultzy
    Jultzy
    ✭✭
    No (please explain)
    Don't implement any flying at all to be honest. Can't imagine playing eso with flying mounts, would kind of ruin the whole game experience, especially cinsidering the way you enter new zones in the game.
    Jultzy Altmer Sorcerer (AD)
    Narjiha Bosmer Nightblade (AD)
    Jules Yaká Breton Sorcerer (DC)
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No (please explain)
    My goat is scared of heights
  • gbsteve
    gbsteve
    ✭✭
    OMG...not this again. Mods need to lock this because there's already a flying carpet thread.

http://www.lagoonisfun.com/showthread.php?tid=160
    VR3 - Stamblade
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    Flying carpets are nice, but I don't wanna see anything "flying mounts" in ESO, that would break the engine and the game.
    Riding dragons in Skyrim was already a miserable failure, let's not try again.
    And I don't want the fights to be designed like spaceship fights.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    This is not Aladdin, its not lore breaking because you know magic fantasy and stuff i'm sure a levitation spell to a carpet can make it fly but i would rather dragons than this (are you guys doing this 'cose you got bored of the we need dragons threads?)
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Xellos77
    Xellos77
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care
    I don't care what kind of flying "mount" it is, I'd like to see them added. Most MMO's already have some kind of flying mounts. And end game content. And a diverse community. And dungeon token system. And structured XvX PvP contests. And more than 4 classes.

Not that I hate ESO, mind you. It is what it is. But it ain't a pure MMO.

Take stealth for example. A DK in heavy armor, gleaming in the sun, can stealth. Why not have flying mounts? Same difference to me.
    Ebonheart Pact/PS4/NA
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    No because no NPC in the game or in prior emTES games seems to this type of function.
    To me, it doesn't make any good sense
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    Rather have flying unicorns

6a00d8341d2f6553ef01156f8b6a40970b-320wi
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    no , unless they introduce flying carpet eating moths that attack you everytime you summon the carpet(the moths do 100,000 damage per-second to the carpets)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    Has there ever been any instance of a flying carpet in TES before?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    Gidorick wrote: »

Not that i can recall. But there are carpets, and magic, and other odd flying things. There is no lore saying there arent flying carpets. I was testing the lore cultists. You failed.

(Queue the back peddling)
    PS4-NA-DC

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No (please explain)
    No flying mounts

Why? Because it will make the world smaller. Because it will make people hang out on their big fat mount in cities and take all the space like in WOW. Because it will require developers to redesign some zones so it looks pretty when you fly above it.

NO NO and NO. Lose of time, Zenimax has better to do that implement a stupid flying mount. Unless it's a levitate mount (which would work the same than a ground mount)
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    I wouldn't because when I think of flying carpets I think of Aladdin and this isn't that movie =p
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    robkrush wrote: »

Not that i can recall. But there are carpets, and magic, and other odd flying things. There is no lore saying there arent flying carpets. I was testing the lore cultists. You failed.

Then I stand by my "No". Flying carpets seems too contrived for ESO.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• gbsteve
    gbsteve
    ✭✭
    Rather have flying unicorns

6a00d8341d2f6553ef01156f8b6a40970b-320wi

I prefer space unicorns but only if we get AK-47s. It wouldn't even be game breaking because it's in teh lore.

Edited by gbsteve on December 31, 2015 2:46PM
    VR3 - Stamblade
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care

Nothing wrong with not liking something but this lore BS has to stop. I don't want to see flying cars either but some flexability would be nice. We can't just say, " has that ever been done in Elder Scrolls before"?. We will get nothing new that way.
    Edited by robkrush on December 31, 2015 2:47PM
    PS4-NA-DC

ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)
    Flying dragons =yes
    Flying carpets = Aladdin which also = no place in ESO.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    why not

Its entirely too "foggy" in Tamriel to permit such sorcerers to fly around on carpets. Much too dangerous. I realize this now.
    PS4-NA-DC

ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • gbsteve
    gbsteve
    ✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    why not

Its entirely too "foggy" in Tamriel to permit such sorcerers to fly around on carpets. Much too dangerous. I realize this now.

Not if everyone is reasonable about it and observes rules of the road and code of ethics...like in pvp.
    VR3 - Stamblade
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)

Nothing wrong with not liking something but this lore BS has to stop. I don't want to see flying cars either but some flexability would be nice. We can't just say, " has that ever been done in Elder Scrolls before"?. We will get nothing new that way.

I didn't say "it's never been done so no." I said it seems contrived. If it HAD been done before then there would be precedent... but since there isn't it would seem hokey and forced.

Oh the Redguard are Arabian-ISH so we MUST have flying carpets. Please... they should be more creative than that.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care

I didn't say "it's never been done so no." I said it seems contrived. If it HAD been done before then there would be precedent... but since there isn't it would seem hokey and forced.

Oh the Redguard are Arabian-ISH so we MUST have flying carpets. Please... they should be more creative than that.

Seriously!?!? You said exactlly that! Your answer was "no" and your reason was....

PS4-NA-DC

ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (please explain)

Seriously!?!? You said exactlly that! Your answer was "no" and your reason was....

You read intent in the original question that wasn't there. I legitimately wanted to know if there had ever been any flying carpets in TES before. I wasn't making a passive aggressive statement that they shouldn't be because there hadn't been. I wasn't sure if there had been, so I was asking a question.

I actually voted and then thought to myself "well... if there were flying carpets in previous games..."

If the answer had been "yes" then my response would have been:
    Well... since there is precedence then I guess it wouldn't be out of the question.

Since there isn't precedence I stand by:
    Flying carpets seems too contrived for ESO.

At this point you're just getting upset for me trying to be open to the possibility. Next time I'll just cross my arms and stand by a petulant and emotional "NO! 'CAUSE I DONT WANT IT!"

If you don't care for lore, that's fine, but you shouldn't come to a game that has a 20 year long history with a rich and varied lore and then expect players to not care for the lore. Don't try to insult us for thinking there should be adherence to the established lore. You are free to feel whatever way you want but don't try to deliberately create conflict.

At that point you're just trolling.

Edited by Gidorick on December 31, 2015 3:28PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

This discussion has been closed.