The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sypher vs. Crown & Parody: Results of the bet!

• Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One day an enterprising DC on azura's star will realize that we aren't allowed to stay for our Dticks and simply follow us around and linger for an extra 2 minutes after an objective is cleared to claim the leaderboards as their own.
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Satiar wrote: »
    wknt4.jpg

Oh man.

You loved my group when it was playing for your faction. How times change ;)

Yeah, the game was not as laggy and you were not running 24men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoU5jqjdrmU

What.

First, I see people from Pride, Hijinx and Havoc in that group. I didn't play with VE anymore at that point. Second and as I sais previously and as it's prouven in the video, the latency was much better.

First.....the people from Pride (myself included) had joined VE probably a month before this video was made as Pride had all but collapsed upon itself, Agrippa (Hijinx) was running with VE up until our reroll, and the 2 or so Havoc folks just happened to be there at the time as well. Also I can remember a few raids that you tagged along with us after I joined VE. Second.....did you even watch the video? It's red lag for the majority of the duration save maybe the first minute and a half. The continuous nasty lag is why the fight actually ended as both teams pulled off due to another fight at BRK iirc which basically put the server at a stand still. So no the latency in this video is not much better than the current game play.
    Zheg wrote: »
    One day an enterprising DC on azura's star will realize that we aren't allowed to stay for our Dticks and simply follow us around and linger for an extra 2 minutes after an objective is cleared to claim the leaderboards as their own.

Those enterprising individuals already started doing that. We already know who they are.
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    I remember Pixysticks doing this a lot at the KC LM on Haderus and the gate during the Forward Camp era. He'd run into us spamming every AoE at his disposal and then die. The AD buff defenders would push into us and wipe us and then he'd release.

The other AD would be so pissed asking me if we were giving him solo defense ticks because they couldn't match his AP gain and the current Emperor was worried once he got dethroned he'd lose his throne to Pixysticks; which he did eventually.

One day I flat out just asked Pixy what he was doing and he explained it to me. Nice guy, miss him. One of the few players that legitimately one shot me with a 24k Crystal Fragment.

Best solo AP farmer was Amseruaq, who farmed suicide resources staying in the tower and throwing trops down on enemy groups trying to blood port. He was actually the first ever Thorn emp that way I think.

Bet he got a lot of rage tells... Smart idea though.

Had a huge tower farm defense tick of 25k once when EP stopped a AD tower farm at Drakelowe Farm. Once EP broke it up; they all left. I learned very quickly to stay back at all broken tower farms. Gotten some nice ticks...

Also when Zazeer says in TS "The tick won't be worth it, let's head back to the keep.." >:)
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sypher Nice video, and it gives the basic principle of how to get AP from others doing the killing. The important thing you're missing that will tell people when it's worth doing and with what skills is the math behind AP distribution. If you have the time, re-watch your video and add up the caltrops ticks per player, then look at their total health and see the percentage of damage that you did to them to get the 250 AP per death. In a real fight there would be healing, players wouldn't stay in caltrops very long, and the total damage done to a target to get a kill would be a lot more.

This principle is how Parody made about 1/2 of her AP later in the first day, the other half being ganking / killing the right people in the right place at the right time. Until about 3-4 hours in, the top positions were very close (within 20 k ish), and it was almost all normal solo play / ganking until enough people from all three factions got in for the right fights to happen.
    JDar wrote: »
    I take back what I said about this requiring a whole lot of skill or technique

I'm looking forward to lots of people trying to do what is shown in this video, failing miserably, and wondering why it's not as easy as @Sypher implied it was, especially since @JDar says it doesn't require a whole lot of skill or technique. @JDar lets see if you can make an average of 50k AP / hour for 12 hours. Keep in mind that this was @Lightingale playing who I've been training how to play solo NB for about three weeks. You have not yet seen what I can do. Care to wager?
    Edited by Crown on December 31, 2015 2:59PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »
    wknt4.jpg

Oh man.

What.

First, I see people from Pride, Hijinx and Havoc in that group. I didn't play with VE anymore at that point. Second and as I sais previously and as it's prouven in the video, the latency was much better.

First.....the people from Pride (myself included) had joined VE probably a month before this video was made as Pride had all but collapsed upon itself, Agrippa (Hijinx) was running with VE up until our reroll, and the 2 or so Havoc folks just happened to be there at the time as well. Also I can remember a few raids that you tagged along with us after I joined VE. Second.....did you even watch the video? It's red lag for the majority of the duration save maybe the first minute and a half. The continuous nasty lag is why the fight actually ended as both teams pulled off due to another fight at BRK iirc which basically put the server at a stand still. So no the latency in this video is not much better than the current game play.

Those enterprising individuals already started doing that. We already know who they are.

I'm sorry but 200ms is like paradize when engaging 24 against 24 nowadays. Like I've said previously, I've ran a few times in 24men ballgroups the past 6months and everytime it was like someone had the rhm lag switch on constantly. Ping was going between 200ms (idle) to 800-1200ms during huge fights.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »

The pizza was VERY good. It had a medium whole wheat crust, with extra tomato sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, sun dried tomatoes, onions, bacon, Italian sausage, hot banana peppers, garlic butter brushed on the crust, and extra mozzarella cheese.

Anyone who likes anything else on their pizza better than the above is wrong.

Both my grandfathers were born in Sicily. What you ate was not pizza. It was a hodgepodge of stuff dropped while cleaning out a pantry/refig that happened to land on some dough, which was then promptly thrown into an oven.
    I love hearing Italians complain to me that Olive Garden is not Italian food. I don't care if it isn't authentic or not, it's better than every $50-100 a plate "authentic" Italian I've ever tried.

Sometime food evolves. Crown's Pizza sounds nasty as hell to me with all the swine littering the thing but he'd probably look like the lady in this video if you put an "Authentic" Pizza from Sicily in front of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzDaI5nsJ_k

Edited by Ezareth on December 31, 2015 5:33PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

The pizza was VERY good. It had a medium whole wheat crust, with extra tomato sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, sun dried tomatoes, onions, bacon, Italian sausage, hot banana peppers, garlic butter brushed on the crust, and extra mozzarella cheese.

Both my grandfathers were born in Sicily. What you ate was not pizza. It was a hodgepodge of stuff dropped while cleaning out a pantry/refig that happened to land on some dough, which was then promptly thrown into an oven.
    I love hearing Italians complain to me that Olive Garden is not Italian food. I don't care if it isn't authentic or not, it's better than every $50-100 a plate "authentic" Italian I've ever tried.

Sometime food evolves. Crown's Pizza sounds nasty as hell to me with all the swine littering the thing but he'd probably look like the lady in this video if you put an "Authentic" Pizza from Sicily in front of him.

I hope by authentic Italian food you mean food made in Italy. Because its pretty legit - and the pizza is too. Only had 1 pizza I wasnt happy with in Italy, and I managed to try one in over half a dozen major cities there!
  • rich.magab14a_ESO
    rich.magab14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭

OH God... Olive Garden isnt even good food, let alone good italian food. Go back out into the world and try some new things, places and new food.
    Loki Ironheart
    Loki Firespitter
    Gattica!!
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Xeniph wrote: »
    @FENGRUSH The hostility is due to my being very proud of how much she's learned over the past month, and the never ending *** talking and whispers that she gets now when she's online. I took your response as another implied insult.

She spends most of her time finding the red vs blue fights, and killing people who are out of position. Similar to what most of you solo players do, though you guys tend to find the fights between your faction and one other - which limits you to specific targets that other players from your own faction have likely already targeted. With zero support from other allied players, it's all on her to kill or be killed - or do enough damage to opponents already in fights such that her percentage of AP gains is higher than others.

The simple way as a DC, find an AD fighting an EP. Wait until both are low on resources. Kill the more powerful one, then the less powerful one. Get the points.

IE...True ganking. Good for her!

I did this for a long while after release. The run times to/from Bleakers eventually got tedius and I got lazy. It most certainly will keep you on your toes though.

I'm sure her rage tells are frequent and plentiful.

Not really talking about ganking, talking about 'tagging' people and collecting. Im cutting a clip from my stream last night just to demonstrate what I mean - and its nothing foreign to me, its just how it works. You could do this between 2 enemies and always come out on top because youre never a loser. In this case - DC comes in and cleans up a group we were already fighting. While they killed them from full health, all of my damage and my groups was still in there, and you can see we collect a decent amount. If I was solo here I would have collected a lot more.

This in essence is how you can be 'solo' and actually function solo - but net huge AP gains operating near a group of yours.. which is all I was asking about. But being a nightblade - you can go between enemies relatively easy throw in a det and an AOE ult and youve pretty much tagged enough damage to net the full payment of a full group.

Im sure something to this effect happened for @Crown wife even though he is saying she was just 'soloing' because its not likely you outperform some of the leaders on AD leaderboard by yourself. If you were that good, The Lord FENGRUSH would know your name.

I have to disagree with your understanding of "Tagging" people @FENGRUSH . AP collected is directly proportional to the amount of damage you(and your team) did to a players health pool over the prior 5 minutes unless the player died in those 5 minutes in which case it is calculated at the point of ressurection. If a player is worth 1000 AP and you did 50% of the damage to their health over the past 5 minutes while solo you would get 500 AP if they die. If that player has 20,000 hitpoints and you did 10,000 damage to the player, then they healed themselves to full and another player took them from 20,000 to dead, you would get 250 AP.

Now there are other bonuses that increase the amount of AP you receive (Or reduce it) but that's the basic gist. You really don't get much AP for "Tagging". You get a lot of AP notifications but if you look at the amounts they are relatively small unless you did a significant amount of damage to the players health.

Solo ganking provides the most AP, especially if you're able to disengage and rengage at will. The primary reason @sypherpk2ub17_ESO lost is because Magicka Sorcs now have zero chance to disengage from large groups. The Bolt Escape nerf gutted the mobility of the magick sorc to where they have zero chance at outrunning any stamina build unless they're near a door somewhere.

Back when I would be #1 AP by a mile on my Sorc it was precisely the ability to pick and choose my fights and targets that gave me the ability to lead everyone else. Now, I die far to often as was probably the case with Sypher compared to PArody. It would be interesting to see the stats of each player in the contest on deaths over the course of those 10 hours. I'd bet a Pizza that Sypher died twice as much as Parody or more.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I hope by authentic Italian food you mean food made in Italy. Because its pretty legit - and the pizza is too. Only had 1 pizza I wasnt happy with in Italy, and I managed to try one in over half a dozen major cities there!

Ohh I know it is good food. I'd consider myself more of a Pizza "purist" than I am an Italian Food purist. I'm not a huge fan of drizzling everything in Olive oil. I also hate vinegar and I don't dig on swine. But I am a big fan of bread.

I just commented because I can understand where Crown is coming from. Sometimes the "Americanized" version of many foods actually taste much better than the "Authentic" foods they mimic. Acquired tastes sure, but I always laugh at these purists or food snobs who think that authentic or original food has to be better to everyone.

I'd never compare Pizza hut to Authentic Italian (Vegetarian) pizza btw. What ever oil Pizza hut uses on their pizzas makes me sick.

OH God... Olive Garden isnt even good food, let alone good italian food. Go back out into the world and try some new things, places and new food.

Tried and still try over and over. Every time I travel I always ask the locals for the best restaurant in the area and try it out. I've eaten some $200 meals that after I was finished I ended up wishing I'd gone to Olive Garden instead haha. Bread Sticks, Salad, + Chicken Marsala can't be topped for me. To each their own I guess ( =
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Olive Garden" and "Italian Food" should never be compared. That's like saying Chipotle is Mexican food. You don't even have to travel to Italy for good Italian food, North Jersey has some of the best around.
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wknt4.jpg

Oh man.

Um, yeah we were.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ohh I know it is good food. I'd consider myself more of a Pizza "purist" than I am an Italian Food purist. I'm not a huge fan of drizzling everything in Olive oil. I also hate vinegar and I don't dig on swine. But I am a big fan of bread.

I just commented because I can understand where Crown is coming from. Sometimes the "Americanized" version of many foods actually taste much better than the "Authentic" foods they mimic. Acquired tastes sure, but I always laugh at these purists or food snobs who think that authentic or original food has to be better to everyone.

I'd never compare Pizza hut to Authentic Italian (Vegetarian) pizza btw. What ever oil Pizza hut uses on their pizzas makes me sick.

Tried and still try over and over. Every time I travel I always ask the locals for the best restaurant in the area and try it out. I've eaten some $200 meals that after I was finished I ended up wishing I'd gone to Olive Garden instead haha. Bread Sticks, Salad, + Chicken Marsala can't be topped for me. To each their own I guess ( =

A simple palette for a simple man :smiley:
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A simple palette for a simple man :smiley:

I do have rather Spartan tastes I suppose. My guild used make fun of my because I had regular Pillsbury Biscuits for dinner every night for a year straight. I love these conversations with the coffee purists as well. I spend enough at Starbucks every month for a new car payment. I try everything recommended by the "Experts" and it's never as good to me.

Then there are those PvP "Purists" who try to tell me that Overload is bad.... ; )

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • PosternHouse
    PosternHouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread is now about why French cooking > Italian cooking. Aaaaand go!
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

French Toast and French Fires are amazing! (if not French)

French food is too damn rich for me, especially their sweets. They only thing I think they do better than the Italians is their Bread and possibly their wines.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • PosternHouse
    PosternHouse
    ✭✭✭✭

French food is too damn rich for me, especially their sweets. They only thing I think they do better than the Italians is their Bread and possibly their wines.

They definitely do wine better. But California does wine better than France so it's not like the French can brag about that! I'd buy a 5-7 year old Pinot Noir from a good Russian River Valley vintner over the best Burgundy has to offer.

The best thing about French cooking is that it lets the ingredients shine and it's hardly ever smothered in sauce. Seared foie gras and white truffle with just enough of an acidic sauce to balance out the flavors ... you have like 5 ingredients and it's just utter perfection.
    Edited by PosternHouse on December 31, 2015 7:54PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They definitely do wine better. But California does wine better than France so it's not like the French can brag about that! I'd buy a 5-7 year old Pinot Noir from a good Russian River Valley vintner over the best Bordeaux has to offer.

The best thing about French cooking is that it lets the ingredients shine and it's hardly ever smothered in sauce. Seared foie gras with white truffle with just enough of an acidic sauce to balance out the flavors ... you have like 5 ingredients and it's just utter perfection.

I once paired a $200 vintage bottle of Perrier Jouet with Walmart-brand String Cheese. It really brought the flavor out in that cheese! I think a $25 bottle of Segura Viudas from Spain tastes far better. Haven't tasted anything from California that wasn't swill.

You had me going on the French until you mentioned Foie gras. Disgusting!
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • PosternHouse
    PosternHouse
    ✭✭✭✭

They definitely do wine better. But California does wine better than France so it's not like the French can brag about that! I'd buy a 5-7 year old Pinot Noir from a good Russian River Valley vintner over the best Bordeaux has to offer.

The best thing about French cooking is that it lets the ingredients shine and it's hardly ever smothered in sauce. Seared foie gras with white truffle with just enough of an acidic sauce to balance out the flavors ... you have like 5 ingredients and it's just utter perfection.

I once paired a $200 vintage bottle of Perrier Jouet with Walmart-brand String Cheese. It really brought the flavor out in that cheese! I think a $25 bottle of Segura Viudas from Spain tastes far better. Haven't tasted anything from California that wasn't swill.

You had me going on the French until you mentioned Foie gras. Disgusting!

You Philistine! Foie Gras is goddamned heavenly.

Also your quote reveals my plebian mistake of confusing two French wine regions. Ach!
    Edited by PosternHouse on December 31, 2015 8:05PM
  • PosternHouse
    PosternHouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you could at least appreciate steak au poivre.

quick-steak-au-poivre_recipe_1000x400_1418075572601.jpg
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you could at least appreciate steak au poivre.

quick-steak-au-poivre_recipe_1000x400_1418075572601.jpg

Sorry I don't dig on bovine either (although when I did it was tasty!).

I've been a pollotarian for the past 20 years or so. I wouldn't even eat poultry if I didn't believe it was required to maintain an appropriate muscle mass.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one cares about Zerg players or the op Zerg ball player
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few clarifications from our side:

It's pretty obvious that groups are CAPABLE of making more AP than solo/small group IN LAG / high latency conditions. With the exception of some very specific play styles, when latency hits 400ms and/or frames drop below 10, MOST solo players have zero (maybe not zero, but very very low) chance to make any plays.

I believe that the current AP reward for killing players is CLOSE for solo vs group for most play styles.

I hope that the result of this exercise have shown that solo AP farming is a VERY DIFFERENT play style from solo or 1vX. Solo AP farming is VERY boring, and Parody only continued on to prove the point and win the bet (and because I ordered us pizza).

I believe that if the lag issues were to be resolved and AoE caps removed, then the likelihood that small groups and solo players will make the similar AP as groups is very high. We can't know this until it's tested in real play conditions, but as the formally acknowledged Grand God of AP ***, my opinion on this matter should hold some weight ;-)

I believe that one of the driving forces for the upcoming AP changes is to incentivize players to run smaller groups in order to decrease the hit on the server(s) from larger groups. I believe that the decision had NOTHING to do with balancing AP gains, and everything to do with trying to alleviate latency challenges when large groups come together.

In order to realistically incentivize small group play, their damage has to be sufficient to take out a large group (if they play well enough) so hopefully we will see some good changes on that front.

From @Sypher's perspective, as a solo player, he makes less AP once the lag hits. At the start of the campaign for the first 2-3 hours, the top spots were neck and neck. It is perfectly reasonable that from his perspective increasing AP gains for solo and small group play would make sense. I don't fault him for that, he is a niche player (meaning he has a specific style and rarely deviates from that style), and probably one of the best solo players out there. If the upcoming changes to AP are made as we understand them, then I have no doubt that unless someone explicitly uses Parody's play style to farm AP, very few people will be able to beat @Sypher on the leader board.

Then i hope someone will play that way. because i tell you now i will have zero incentive to help crown Shpher if he is on his AD sorc. i get it its thier playstyle but it does absolutely zero for the campIgn. at least Fengrush ganks the reinforcement lines. lol.

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »
    A few clarifications from our side:

It's pretty obvious that groups are CAPABLE of making more AP than solo/small group IN LAG / high latency conditions. With the exception of some very specific play styles, when latency hits 400ms and/or frames drop below 10, MOST solo players have zero (maybe not zero, but very very low) chance to make any plays.

I believe that the current AP reward for killing players is CLOSE for solo vs group for most play styles.

I hope that the result of this exercise have shown that solo AP farming is a VERY DIFFERENT play style from solo or 1vX. Solo AP farming is VERY boring, and Parody only continued on to prove the point and win the bet (and because I ordered us pizza).

I believe that if the lag issues were to be resolved and AoE caps removed, then the likelihood that small groups and solo players will make the similar AP as groups is very high. We can't know this until it's tested in real play conditions, but as the formally acknowledged Grand God of AP ***, my opinion on this matter should hold some weight ;-)

I believe that one of the driving forces for the upcoming AP changes is to incentivize players to run smaller groups in order to decrease the hit on the server(s) from larger groups. I believe that the decision had NOTHING to do with balancing AP gains, and everything to do with trying to alleviate latency challenges when large groups come together.

In order to realistically incentivize small group play, their damage has to be sufficient to take out a large group (if they play well enough) so hopefully we will see some good changes on that front.

From @Sypher's perspective, as a solo player, he makes less AP once the lag hits. At the start of the campaign for the first 2-3 hours, the top spots were neck and neck. It is perfectly reasonable that from his perspective increasing AP gains for solo and small group play would make sense. I don't fault him for that, he is a niche player (meaning he has a specific style and rarely deviates from that style), and probably one of the best solo players out there. If the upcoming changes to AP are made as we understand them, then I have no doubt that unless someone explicitly uses Parody's play style to farm AP, very few people will be able to beat @Sypher on the leader board.

Then i hope someone will play that way. because i tell you now i will have zero incentive to help crown Shpher if he is on his AD sorc. i get it its thier playstyle but it does absolutely zero for the campIgn. at least Fengrush ganks the reinforcement lines. lol.

Does he have an AD sorc as well? I swear I was fighting him on a DC sorc at one point.

Either way solo Sorc emps have rarely contributed much to the campaign. Only in the days of permanegates could you meaningfully impact zergballs running around. Then again, these days Emps are far less powerful than they were in the 1.5 glory days.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »
    wknt4.jpg

Oh man.

What.

I'm sorry but 200ms is like paradize when engaging 24 against 24 nowadays. Like I've said previously, I've ran a few times in 24men ballgroups the past 6months and everytime it was like someone had the rhm lag switch on constantly. Ping was going between 200ms (idle) to 800-1200ms during huge fights.

I think you can have 24v24 today. That day was just lucky that not until the last fight nothing was going on in the map, so it was just us.
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wknt4.jpg

Oh man.

Uhhhhhh...

VE has run 24 men pretty much since we had the ability to do it. We filled full raids for months before we went DC, and you know it. You ran in some of those. You're in some of our videos lol, please don't even try to deny it. You also know that lag is not a new thing, lag was horrible before we rerolled and after we rerolled.

The difference is I'm not playing for your faction anymore. That's it.

rekt. as he is used to.
  • allen-iverson
    allen-iverson
    ✭✭✭
    less talk about ap more talk about prizza
    *Marcel Rigmond voice* "Filthy casual."

allen-iverson, Metta World Peace, Kobe Brÿant, Goran Dragić, Dwyane Wade
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We talking about pizza?! Pizza!? Not the real game... not the real game but pizza!?
    PC/EU DC
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Best pizza I ever ate was from a small shop....in Aruba. A whole Island to explore and experience and I ate the same Pizza for 3 days in a row. If I ever go back I'd probably do the same thing.

Haven't made it out to Italy yet unfortunately but its on my list. Will consume copious amounts of Pizza and Pasta while there...and (hopefully) breadsticks!
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Some of these streamers are always quick to cry and point out issues for them.. then continue to slot reverberating bash (since it's known to be broken) and ask for invis pots so they can exploit the bug with invisible rez... yeah, really the type of players ZOS should listen to.

This. ^^^^^. As the Lord likes to point out about how dumb zergs are. here is some simple math.

24 people against a group of 8 would be a 3 to 1 advantage. the other night he chased me down with 8 people. thats 8 to 1. when i called him out he told me some BS that "he hates nbs so its okay".

I AM A FRIGGAN STAMPLAR I TELL HIM.

his response was.... thats right silence. hypocrit
    Edited by Darnathian on December 31, 2015 9:27PM