Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PS4] NA Azura's

jpeltor
jpeltor
✭✭
Can anyone explain to me what's going on in Azura's? It has been a DC buff server since Thursday...
PS4 NA - Solo/Duo PvP
V16 Wood Elf Nightblade AD, Azura
V16 High Elf NightBlade AD, Azura
V16 Kahjiit Templar AD, Azura
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of good players/guilds left due to the lag. And yeah, if the blues don't slow down on being overly aggressive it will eventually turn into a blue buff campaign. Overly zerging the map at all hours of the day is going to kill morale for reds and yellows. It is a really frustrating thing to see... it honestly looks like the beginning of the end for AS for yellow and red. Unless--

1. Yellow gets support from its stronger guilds or new leaders arise
    2. Red gets organized or brings in its stronger guilds

I do not see either of this happening because lag was the original reason Yellows strengths left AS to begin with.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on December 21, 2015 4:36PM
  • jpeltor
    jpeltor
    ✭✭
    A lot of good players/guilds left due to the lag. And yeah, if the blues don't slow down on being overly aggressive it will eventually turn into a blue buff campaign. Overly zerging the map at all hours of the day is going to kill morale for reds and yellows. It is a really frustrating thing to see... it honestly looks like the beginning of the end for AS for yellow and red. Unless--

1. Yellow gets support from its stronger guilds or new leaders arise
    2. Red gets organized or brings in its stronger guilds

I do not see either of this happening because lag was the original reason Yellows strengths left AS to begin with.

You know where the yellows are going? Jumped into Thornblade but didn't see much yellow action there.

Had a nice time playing last night on Azura's--lag-free, but not a fan of playing without scrolls against blue who has all 6 scrolls.
    Edited by jpeltor on December 21, 2015 4:42PM
    PS4 NA - Solo/Duo PvP
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/227831/na-ps4-ep-dc-ad-the-new-chillrend/p4

TL:DR

Thornblade-- however I was there last night and didn't see any yellows. I do know Stoney updated his guild message of the day to keep pushing for more activity in Thorn. Need more consistency when folks get on and such 1.0

Other then that, I'm going to be hanging out in Haderus Sewers hunting for blues/reds that prey on farmers ;)
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD guild I am is having tons of fun in skull of corruption. AD is definitely outmatched but there is a lot of activity from both DC and EP. While it's nice the lag in Azura has died down, the newly found DC zerg that plays all day makes it kind of stale. Can't go anywhere without being dogpiled by them steel nados!
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad everyone left Azura the lag was horrible
  • jpeltor
    jpeltor
    ✭✭
    Catblade wrote: »

Just wish some DC would leave as well ;)
    PS4 NA - Solo/Duo PvP
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catblade wrote: »

At least take some of us with you 1.0
  • CavalierPrime
    CavalierPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA AS is a joke. Yellow is helping Blue attack Red, then Blue turns around and takes from Yellow too. Yellow is a battered girlfriend who stays with BlueBoyfriend despite constant abuse and underappreciation. Red has no chance to win. My guild always has 20+ people in there, but our guildmaster has a substandard personality and is unpleasant to listen to for extended periods of time. So our zergs are fairly loose and we get homplestomped by the green alliance sooner or later.
  • jpeltor
    jpeltor
    ✭✭
    PS4 NA AS is a joke. Yellow is helping Blue attack Red, then Blue turns around and takes from Yellow too. Yellow is a battered girlfriend who stays with BlueBoyfriend despite constant abuse and underappreciation. Red has no chance to win. My guild always has 20+ people in there, but our guildmaster has a substandard personality and is unpleasant to listen to for extended periods of time. So our zergs are fairly loose and we get homplestomped by the green alliance sooner or later.

Last night my wife and I were fighting Blue at Aleswell, we died, went to turn in our bounties, and were stuck because Red took Bloodmayne AND Blackboot even though they only had 2 of their home keeps and Blue had Emp. I assure you, I have not spawned on the East side of the map the entire 1st week of this campaign. Until I see the scores even out more, I'm not touching Red.
    PS4 NA - Solo/Duo PvP
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭

Why is it whenever a faction does well, theres always one faction who claims the other 2 are working together? While I know it can happen with alt characters, that is on the case with AS. What happened was Blue took Roebeck and Brindle, and the zerg held it, forcing yellow to fight reds just to get away from the zergfest.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • CavalierPrime
    CavalierPrime
    ✭✭✭✭

Why is it whenever a faction does well, theres always one faction who claims the other 2 are working together? While I know it can happen with alt characters, that is on the case with AS. What happened was Blue took Roebeck and Brindle, and the zerg held it, forcing yellow to fight reds just to get away from the zergfest.

Thats why im saying we should call a red/yellow truce until we can humble blue a bit. If we had a text chat, we could implement this for real. If blue is playing zerg defense on yellow's keeps on the left side, I would be happy to bring red reinforcements to push blue back. My guild attacks blue and yellow equally, so I will try to influence them to push blue hard.
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭

Thats why im saying we should call a red/yellow truce until we can humble blue a bit. If we had a text chat, we could implement this for real. If blue is playing zerg defense on yellow's keeps on the left side, I would be happy to bring red reinforcements to push blue back. My guild attacks blue and yellow equally, so I will try to influence them to push blue hard.

I honestly don't think blue is going to be humbled anytime soon. A lot of the groups I jump into seem to have some kind of vendetta... I was able to still get into 18 member groups fairly easily even late into the night. I dunno what you guys did, but blue is MAD. I hope we do not meet on the battlefield friend.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I honestly don't think blue is going to be humbled anytime soon. A lot of the groups I jump into seem to have some kind of vendetta... I was able to still get into 18 member groups fairly easily even late into the night. I dunno what you guys did, but blue is MAD. I hope we do not meet on the battlefield friend.

Oh I can understand why they are mad--they have mostly? come in last for the past 3-4 months on AS even with numbers. Its understandable sure, but I am also worried for the health of the campaign. I would hate to see it die due to blues being in a rageful fit.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on December 21, 2015 11:02PM
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh I can understand why they are mad--they have mostly? come in last for the past 3-4 months on AS even with numbers. Its understandable sure, but I am also worried for the health of the campaign. I would hate to see it die due to blues being in a rageful fit.

I was assuming that once everyone had their little fit and each of them claim "see?! we lost for months till I got there! Whenever I wasnt online we lost keeps!" we could go back to our regularly scheduled campaign....
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭

I was assuming that once everyone had their little fit and each of them claim "see?! we lost for months till I got there! Whenever I wasnt online we lost keeps!" we could go back to our regularly scheduled campaign....

Was listening to this exact situation the other night in group chat lol almost word for word.
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will say, as a blue, it isnt much fun for all of us either. So I'm with you in waiting for all this to be over with. I join PvP to fight players, not to run around taking keeps from NPCs and then listen to everyone argue in area chat about the "best" location for a scroll followed by an hour long rant from the group leader about how/why the other groups are stupid.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The EP i have discussed the Azure's situation with have similar opinions as me. We could form up groups large enough to be 'competitive', but the server would suffer, and so would all the players in the entire server. We would rather lose the campaign than contribute to the lag.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The EP i have discussed the Azure's situation with have similar opinions as me. We could form up groups large enough to be 'competitive', but the server would suffer, and so would all the players in the entire server. We would rather lose the campaign than contribute to the lag.

@FireCowCommando That DC guild with AngryMusic and Baconator is staying really active as well. They run 2 full groups most of the time with solid and active players. Really wish EP had as many dedicated players as they did.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

@FireCowCommando That DC guild with AngryMusic and Baconator is staying really active as well. They run 2 full groups most of the time with solid and active players. Really wish EP had as many dedicated players as they did.

Thank you for the update, i was looking forward to pvping tomorrow, but if they are still running around with 2 full groups im going elsewhere!
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

We only run one group but we are constantly full during primetime. People seem to think we are running this deep (I have received messages saying we are +48 when we only have 20-24 with less than five pugs) because they have never seen an actual nado\prox\barrier\purge train. We have been fine tuning group composition and strategies over week and we have become quite effective at slaughtering +60 pugs or disorganized guild groups.

However we are aware that the current state of Azuras is a major issue, as until tonight I can't recall a moment where DC didn't have +11 keeps. We realize this does not promote a healthy pvp environment and we are dicussing ways to reduce the DC domination outside of late primetime. We honestly don't even know how it got this bad, all factions were poplocked from about 5pm EST to 10pm EST while I led a group of 3-5 independent of 10-14 in our emp group. During that time period DC was either gate camping AD, EP, or both at any given moment. We are not sure if this is due to some influx of guilds\players from others servers of which we are not currently aware (thanks no zone chat!) or the fact that the ocean of DC pugs flowing out from glademist have somehow L2P'd in the past week, but realize we are working to increase competitiveness on the sever. We hate a DC dominated server as much as everyone else does.

First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not about being "large" but playing effectively in the current meta. PVP on our sever is no longer groups of 24 going up against each other running one-shot-yolo 1vxer builds, but with coordinated AoE bombs. It was amazing seeing what large scale pvp was like without ball groups, it was arguably the most fun I've ever had with an online video game, but the playstyle is no longer viable when your group of 12 is going against a group of 24 with a barrier rotation. EP doesn't need larger groups, you need groups who actually play to the meta. Whether it be small bomb groups such as that of Elementz(AD), a large ballgroup that pushes objectives effectively such as Freelance(AD) or FC(DC), or an elite medium group that makes up for its quantity of players with quality players, you guys need groups that fit those molds if you want to compete as a faction.
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Truckdriver
    Truckdriver
    ✭✭
    I've been playing as a blue on AS for a long time. AngryMusic and Baconator are the best group leaders I've ever had the privilege to play with. It's best experience I've had, running in a well organized and experienced group.
    Edited by Truckdriver on December 22, 2015 1:25PM
    Bigrig80ft
    PS4 NA DC
    The Guar Cartel
  • olivaresdonjuan
    Im happy to see that blue isn't dead but they should spread out like yellow and red did to avoid the lag. Thornblade, Chillrend, and Scourge has been a constant red vs yellow war with blues ganking questers and grinders. If we had more blues in those three campaigns it should reduce the lag on Azuras star and make the campaigns competitive. Don't get me wrong a buff server for imperial city grinding is helpful but it makes for a boring experienced in Cyrodiil. Pushing an enemy back to thier gates and then 1v1 gets boring after a while.
  • jpeltor
    jpeltor
    ✭✭

I think this is the key issue. Now, I'm not very involved with the PvP guilds but I do notice a lot of our (AD) top players are nowhere to be seen this campaign. Also noticing very few skilled EP players on the leaderboards. So while top Reds and Yellows are switching to other campaigns to beat the lag, Blue is taking over Azura's. Pretty simple. Has nothing to do with "meta" as yellow has won 3 or 4 campaigns in a row. To claim that Blue all of a sudden has some OP strategy seems odd to me--I think the other factions just aren't participating in the lag-fest.

Played in Thornblade last night and the number of quality players compared to Azura's is astronomical. My wife and I consistently win 2v3-6 in Azura's, but we were consistently losing 2v2's on Thornblade. If these Thornblade EP I was fighting last night went to Azura's and started fighting Blue, the campaign would for sure be different.
    Edited by jpeltor on December 22, 2015 4:14PM
    PS4 NA - Solo/Duo PvP
  • CavalierPrime
    CavalierPrime
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not about being "large" but playing effectively in the current meta. PVP on our sever is no longer groups of 24 going up against each other running one-shot-yolo 1vxer builds, but with coordinated AoE bombs. It was amazing seeing what large scale pvp was like without ball groups, it was arguably the most fun I've ever had with an online video game, but the playstyle is no longer viable when your group of 12 is going against a group of 24 with a barrier rotation. EP doesn't need larger groups, you need groups who actually play to the meta. Whether it be small bomb groups such as that of Elementz(AD), a large ballgroup that pushes objectives effectively such as Freelance(AD) or FC(DC), or an elite medium group that makes up for its quantity of players with quality players, you guys need groups that fit those molds if you want to compete as a faction.

Now I regret taking a screenshot of your dead body and sitting in a chair over your corpse. You seem like a pretty stand-up guy.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jpeltor wrote: »

I think this is the key issue. Now, I'm not very involved with the PvP guilds but I do notice a lot of our (AD) top players are nowhere to be seen this campaign. Also noticing very few skilled EP players on the leaderboards. So while top Reds and Yellows are switching to other campaigns to beat the lag, Blue is taking over Azura's. Pretty simple. Has nothing to do with "meta" as yellow has won 3 or 4 campaigns in a row. To claim that Blue all of a sudden has some OP strategy seems odd to me--I think the other factions just aren't participating in the lag-fest.

Played in Thornblade last night and the number of quality players compared to Azura's is astronomical. My wife and I consistently win 2v3-6 in Azura's, but we were consistently losing 2v2's on Thornblade. If these Thornblade EP I was fighting last night went to Azura's and started fighting Blue, the campaign would for sure be different.

The wedding crashers had some fun last night in Thornblade! I gained about 120k AP in the four hours I was in there lol. Some of the reds are definitely very strong in that server. The blues also showed up later with a good two or three groups as well. But they seemed to rely more on their numbers for the time being.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • jpeltor
    jpeltor
    ✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    jpeltor wrote: »

The wedding crashers had some fun last night in Thornblade! I gained about 120k AP in the four hours I was in there lol. Some of the reds are definitely very strong in that server. The blues also showed up later with a good two or three groups as well. But they seemed to rely more on their numbers for the time being.

"The Wedding Crashers"? Saw an AD group running around in white dresses -- I've ran into them a few times in the past -- always makes me laugh :)...assuming this lot is The Wedding Crashers?
    PS4 NA - Solo/Duo PvP
  • CavalierPrime
    CavalierPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might be my imagination but it seems every toon in the wedding dress guild is a dumpy balding elf who has a hairy chest and looks like he is prohibited from being near schools? Yeah that group gives me the heebie jeebies.
  • DividendGamer
    I just read about some of the AP changes, and that should be great with splitting up some of the bigger zergier groups, I like the pvp the best when it roughly 8-16 vs. 8-16.

You can see clusters of fights develop and fight across the battlefield, have good ebb and flow, and the dps usually isn't too spiky/bomb oriented as long as it is happening in open field.

I think that the upcoming siege changes can go a long way in changing how different sized groups can handle fights, and a couple adjustments to a few skills can lend a good hand too.

Getting people in all factions interested in running good groups, and working towards group cohesion and communication.

The upcoming structured group v group content should help thin out some numbers too, I know that I am greatly looking forward to that if they make it worthwhile for groups to go into, I hope it is at least 6v6, and 12v12 versions. It is what I miss most from WAR.
    PS4
    Magicka Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Guar Cartel
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a warning, DC zerg guild out in force today, highly recommend spending your time elsewhere today.