Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

150 Fish = 1 Perfect Roe... On Average

HighT3chR3dn3ck
HighT3chR3dn3ck
✭✭✭
What's your average for getting a Perfect Roe? Just curious if I'm more lucky, less, or average.
Edited by HighT3chR3dn3ck on December 10, 2015 4:52PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to tell for me, as it seems to go in streaks of good and bad luck. But I'd say roughly 1 in 100. But I've gone over 200 without getting one and I've also gotten 2 in within a half dozen. Both on more than 1 occasion.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a link to a thread from a few months back with a lot of data collected on the Roe drop rate.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    I've done over 200 and gotten 1.

I've also done 3 and got 1, then did another 20 and got 1, then waited a while, did about 6 and got another one....

Totaly random IMO.
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • gbsteve
    gbsteve
    ✭✭
    Does anything really awesome happens when you get one? Does like fireworks pop out of the fish or does the toon do a dance or something? I really hope something flashes across the screen saying "HOLY **** YOU GOT A PERFECT ROE!!" or I won't even know it and then it will be in my inventory and I will accidentally delete it when i'm trying to make room for a gnawed bone in a dungeon.
    VR3 - Stamblade
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gbsteve wrote: »
    Does anything really awesome happens when you get one? Does like fireworks pop out of the fish or does the toon do a dance or something? I really hope something flashes across the screen saying "HOLY **** YOU GOT A PERFECT ROE!!" or I won't even know it and then it will be in my inventory and I will accidentally delete it when i'm trying to make room for a gnawed bone in a dungeon.

There's a sound and your toon glows.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My rate is 1% of all fish. To be precise, it's 1.17% right now.
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've cleaned literally thousands of fish....
    I have a buddy that wants the master fisher title...
    so he sends me some of his stacks of fish to clean for the roe.

Sometimes i'll go through a stack of 200 and get 1 or 0 roe. (which is just about boring enough to make me want to shove a pencil through my eye socket)
    Other times i'll get 1 every 50 fish... sometimes 2 or 3 in a row then nothing for another stack.

I think i average about 1/100 like some others said above.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • gbsteve
    gbsteve
    ✭✭
    Is it true that it increases the chances if you skin the fish facing SE during a full moon? I heard that somewhere.
    VR3 - Stamblade
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gbsteve wrote: »
    Is it true that it increases the chances if you skin the fish facing SE during a full moon? I heard that somewhere.

I wish I hadn't read this because now I'm going to have to do it every time.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing I noticed, which I could totally be wrong about, but for me if I buy them then skin them, no matter how many I have I have never gotten a Roe. But when I do the catching myself, Ill get a Roe every 20-40 I skin.

Probably just imagining things, but I have noticed that happening more than a few times.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I noticed, which I could totally be wrong about, but for me if I buy them then skin them, no matter how many I have I have never gotten a Roe. But when I do the catching myself, Ill get a Roe every 20-40 I skin. Probably just imagining things, but I have noticed that happening more than a few times.

I buy every fish I find at guild kiosks, in addition to spending too much time fishing myself. My Roe yield is about the same either way, right around the 1:100 that others are finding. It's all about the RNGodess.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to Vodan's Fish Fillet since installing it I've found 8/492 (1.62%).
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's your average for getting a Perfect Roe? Just curious if I'm more lucky, less, or average.

0 out of 300 so far.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • TheDPFamily
    1 in 7 most days now that I'm provisioner 50... :blush:
  • budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    So yesterday I caught 175 fish. After filleting the first 145 without getting a perfect roe, I acquired 3 through the last 30.
    l PaleAle l
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Depends... Some weeks it seems they flip the "off switch". Just after getting my master angler I went through over 2k fish before getting another. Other weeks it seems around 100-125 average for me but I fish almost every hole I come across and skin once the hole has finished (between 7-15 fish afterwards).
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mike0987 wrote: »
    Depends... Some weeks it seems they flip the "off switch". Just after getting my master angler I went through over 2k fish before getting another. Other weeks it seems around 100-125 average for me but I fish almost every hole I come across and skin once the hole has finished (between 7-15 fish afterwards).

Maybe, just got my first roe after over 300 fish.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly doubt there is an off switch. In game development, everything is controlled by a random roll. My guess is perfect roe is a 1d10000 and requires the roll to fall greater than 9900. My personal experience is there are no secondary time checks either preventing you from getting back to back roe, because I have been able to achieve that. But the problem with a 1d10000 is it can be a long time before you see a successful result.