Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Warning to Zenimax.

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    edorfeus wrote: »
    nimander99 wrote: »
    I read an interesting statistic among paying customers in f2p games a while back and I wish I wasn't so lazy cause id search it out and plug the link, but the gist of it was PVP centric players tend to spend the least amount of money in mmo's whereas PVE centric players dump veritable cheddar on fluff.

Well, I don't know about the statistic you've read, but I can say that many PVP players dump as much (if not more) money into games. The cosmetic stuff, crafting stuff and so on.
    I, myself, dropped enough money into this game too. I was a subscriber when it was necessary, and I couldn't complain about it, because what is 10 bucks a month for a great leisure?
    You underestimate the PVP community (not talking about some 13 year old schoolkids).

Somehow I knew you'd refute that using yourself as the example :p

There are always exceptions to the rule my friend ;)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    The majority of gammers are addicts, seeking for the next fix. When the present stimuli dwindles, they petition for more, rebuke the quality, or seek elsewhere. This is an example.
    I have chosen elder scrolls as my alternate universe stimuli of choice. I will make a suggestion of adjustment if desired, yet I am thankful for this creations existence regardless.
    I know more changes will occur and more elder scroll games will exist. It's highly likely. Knowing this reminds me to enjoy what is. If I truly dislike the alternate universe attributes, I'll simply return my attention to my primary reality.
    These worlds' are a bonus to our default. When we allow an intended pleasurable addition to our lives be a source of fear and sadness, we've gone off track.
    I am truly thankful and appreciative of this Tamriel chapter. Like Morrowind, Cyrodiil(Oblivian), and Skyrim before it, I've been blessed with the opportunity to experience an alternate reality with multiple attributes I like. Those that relate will remain and fortify this alternate universe. Those that do not, will not. Less fear, sadness(anger), more courage pleasure(happiness).
    To the creators and supporters of this Tamriel edition:
    Give Thanks
    Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
    TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
    Psn community page: An-Xileel
    Seth Salute
  • edorfeus
    edorfeus
    ✭✭✭
    temjiu wrote: »
    Jura23 wrote: »
    Any examples of good young MMOs? I'm interested in those more than examples of bad MMOs.

ESO was good for some time since launch. Yes, it had bugs, glitches, but they did some right decisions along the way for almost a year. And when the game hit year 2, it has been deteriorating to this very day.

Funny you say that. I remember a mass exodus of players shorty after the release of the game. So much so that Zenimin scrambled to change the end game to try and keep people.

i also remember a group of dev's that stated, "We feel that we have a quality MMO that is worth a subscription. We do not have any plans in the immediate future to go f2p".

and look how that ended up.

You may have enjoyed the game design for the last few years. the rest of the market seemed to disagree with you. One of the big reasons they are changing end game so much was that negative response. Hopefully they're making the right decisions. We'll see.

To the OP,

I can't speak for DCUO, but Based purely on the success of other MMO's that are adding tons of PvE content, Adding More PvE is not the issue. I doubt that DCUO's issue was PvE content. It was more then likely bad design and implementation overall. It's rarely a singular element that kills a game. It's foundational design mechanics that do it. Like ESO did to itself on release.

Neverwinter actually made endgame PvE content worse. they made the trip from 60-70 so nightmarishly long amd boring that many people stopped leveling at 60. And they're most recent addition was a horrible failure in Star Trek...yet they migrated it over to neverwinter where its causing no end to issues. They actually did what ESO had done on release...make endgame a horribly long and difficult grind that was night and day different then the first 50 levels (60 in NWO). and the have a completely broken economy that they themselves made, then gutted the players ability to make any of the currency needed to progress in game. I could go on...but I played NWO for very long periods of time from release up until now. Adding PvE content in general wasn't their issue. they just suck at making a decent MMO.

SWtOR i can't say at the moment...I loved it from release up to 6 months or so ago, where I just got bored. very little to do with the gameplay (I'm starting it back up again though with this most recent release. The story based expansion sounds cool). but it had no issues during its tenure either, and it never suffered by adding more PvE content. Quite the opposite..populations went up when it added PvE.

No offense, but your examples are highly opinionated and conjecture at best. You really just sound like a PvP player who wants to gripe and is trying to use personal judgements from other games as fuel for your argument. Which doesn't hold water for people that actually played those other games.

On another note...I find it really interesting that many of the people threatening to leave, are the same people that stuck around duriing the early exodus of the game. Given all the changes going on, I could see why people who liked the early model would be frustrated. while I certainly respect the opinion...I have to say that the market disagrees.

I'm not saying that adding PVE content is bad, I enjoy it very much actually. What I'm talking about is that you can't just ignore the game's problems and try to conceal it behind the tons of new content and you also can't focus on one aspect of the game. PVP players are the same players as anyone, yet they show us the great disrespect and sometimes pretend that PVP players don't exist at all. I can't say I'm a true hardcore PVPer, I'm not, really. I do both. But seeing as one is sinking into oblivion is unbearable.
    Imagine you have a pain in one of your buttcheeks, but the other one feels perfectly fine. Would you be fine with that? Would you be fine with ONE HALF of your butt causing pain and just festering with some sort of desease? I don't think so.
    Edited by edorfeus on December 1, 2015 12:03AM
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There still may be enough players in this game to keep financing your and to keep this game running, but I will give you a nice example of a similar game that is dying and is pretty much dead already.
    The DCUO (DC unverse online)
    They did all the things you're doing now. They kept ruining the game (PVP most of all) with each update, and just adding more and more PVE content, and some crap to they're in game store for people to buy for money (cosmetic, utility and so on). And with each update there were fewer and fewer players left. And now you see the same people on the server in DCUO. You see the same people in the pvp arena and the group finder for raids.
    Do you even read what your community posts on this forum? Don't you see the huge pile of complaints? Fix this, fix that, buff this... But all you do is throwing more and more PVE stuff and crown store BS.
    I truly love this game since launch, but with each month I feel that it brings more frustration and headache than joy. You keep buffing what doesn't need buffing and nerfing what doesn't need nerfing.
    It's the same case as Star Wars The Old Republic. The whole design and concept was provided by bioware, but the actual gameplay mechanics and balancing things and so on is managed by EA, which made this game a piece of crap eventually, and it's also dying now.
    You, Zenimax, are ruining the Bethesda's Elder Scrolls setting and design with your poor management.
    Please stop!

You dont give any specifics. Also... for every 'nerf this' theres a similar thread saying 'no, buff it' or 'no, nerf that instead'. And if they nerf the thing that was asked in the first place, theres a backlash from pissed off people. You cant really follow forum demands as theyre from people concerned with their personal best interest and even then often clueless as to the results their requests would actually bring.

You ask for more pvp content because you yourself enjoy it and think 'hey, I like it, so must everyone else'. Do you have the metrics showing how much pvp is played compared to pve? Maybe its just 5-10% of players who are really interested in it. Its really the devs who should make these decisions based on statistics, spreadsheets and data they have collected.

Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on December 1, 2015 12:09AM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • edorfeus
    edorfeus
    ✭✭✭
    ankhor8 wrote: »
    The majority of gammers are addicts, seeking for the next fix. When the present stimuli dwindles, they petition for more, rebuke the quality, or seek elsewhere. This is an example.
    I have chosen elder scrolls as my alternate universe stimuli of choice. I will make a suggestion of adjustment if desired, yet I am thankful for this creations existence regardless.
    I know more changes will occur and more elder scroll games will exist. It's highly likely. Knowing this reminds me to enjoy what is. If I truly dislike the alternate universe attributes, I'll simply return my attention to my primary reality.
    These worlds' are a bonus to our default. When we allow an intended pleasurable addition to our lives be a source of fear and sadness, we've gone off track.
    I am truly thankful and appreciative of this Tamriel chapter. Like Morrowind, Cyrodiil(Oblivian), and Skyrim before it, I've been blessed with the opportunity to experience an alternate reality with multiple attributes I like. Those that relate will remain and fortify this alternate universe. Those that do not, will not. Less fear, sadness(anger), more courage pleasure(happiness).
    To the creators and supporters of this Tamriel edition:
    Give Thanks

Well, that's the attitude I was talking about. People who eat all the crap the companies are throwing your way and thankful for that all the time. That's why eventually companies stop trying to do something nice. Cause they don't have to. The hamsters will eat it anyway.
    That's the principle of EA, which makes each game solely for purpose of making the most money with less effort. They release the crap game and then you have to buy DLC's to have the content that should've already been there.
  • edorfeus
    edorfeus
    ✭✭✭
    There still may be enough players in this game to keep financing your and to keep this game running, but I will give you a nice example of a similar game that is dying and is pretty much dead already.
    They did all the things you're doing now. They kept ruining the game (PVP most of all) with each update, and just adding more and more PVE content, and some crap to they're in game store for people to buy for money (cosmetic, utility and so on). And with each update there were fewer and fewer players left. And now you see the same people on the server in DCUO. You see the same people in the pvp arena and the group finder for raids.
    Do you even read what your community posts on this forum? Don't you see the huge pile of complaints? Fix this, fix that, buff this... But all you do is throwing more and more PVE stuff and crown store BS.
    I truly love this game since launch, but with each month I feel that it brings more frustration and headache than joy. You keep buffing what doesn't need buffing and nerfing what doesn't need nerfing.
    It's the same case as Star Wars The Old Republic. The whole design and concept was provided by bioware, but the actual gameplay mechanics and balancing things and so on is managed by EA, which made this game a piece of crap eventually, and it's also dying now.
    You, Zenimax, are ruining the Bethesda's Elder Scrolls setting and design with your poor management.
    Please stop!

You dont give any specifics. Also... for every 'nerf this' theres a similar thread saying 'no, buff it' or 'no, nerf that instead'. And if they nerf the thing that was asked in the first place, theres a backlash from pissed off people. You cant really follow forum demands as theyre from people concerned with their personal best interest and even then often clueless as to the results their requests would bring.

Well, what can I say... Those demands don't come from nothing. And the demands are actually centered around some specific things at a time period, depending on what was nerfed/buffed.
    Let's take the recent hot topics. Do you see many posts about Nightblades being too weak or Sorcs being too weak? No.
    Do you see many posts considering DKs or Templars? Yes.
    Do you see post about the recently increased server lag in Cyrodiil? Yes.
    Do you see anything is done about it? No.
    What do you see is done? New DLC with new dungeons, new quests, new crown store stuff.
  • edorfeus
    edorfeus
    ✭✭✭
    You know, about not giving any specifics... Well, there's just too much important stuff to specify here. I would have to sit for hours to write all of this down and add screenshots and detailed examples and I'm dont feel like doing it, because I'm spending enough time to make the gameplay with all the changes to be fun. And really, I don't have to. There's plenty of posts on this forum, where people include all the details and screens and videos. The message was not for you to see proof, it was to attract the attention of developers of this game that these post actually exist, and all they have to do is their job, which is reading the community feedback and pay attention to it.
    Edited by edorfeus on December 1, 2015 12:21AM
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day
    Another PVP QQ thread.

Try playing PVE. It is more fun and leads to less QQ threads.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whether the game is dying or thriving is honestly in the eyes of the beholder when it comes to opinion. Certain segments of the playerbase care more about certain parts of the game than others, so each and every change they make will only influence that portion of the playerbase and the rest won't care.

As for me? No I do not believe this game is dieing. I know when an MMO is dieing and this one isn't. Not yet...

That's what I'm talking about. I didn't say ESO is already dying, no. As I have mentioned the playerbase is still good enough, but the symptoms of the plague can already be seen, and no one seems to care about curing that plague. And you know what happens if you don't cure the plague? Yes, you die. That's what going to happen to this game if they continue to do what they do.

No no it cant be seen. Ive seen this sort of fear mongering and 'Pleading on behalf of the community because I know whats best for the community, not the community itself' before. You have absolutely no way of telling how things have been impacted because you have absolutely zero evidence beyond your anecdotal experiences.

Ive seen plenty of MMOs that ignored its PvP base and still did well enough that theyre now half a decade old and still holding on strong. The only people currently complaining about the state of PvP and its scale are the vocal minority within a minority claiming PvP is dead because it doesnt fit their preferred style of play. This is coming from a PvPer. We dont hold a key to MMOs success that arent all about PvP. ESO is far more than PvP. And PvP can honestly be completely ignored starting tomorrow and going on until the day ZOS closed its doors and theyd still be successful.

Aside from the opening month on PC and Console and a few instances here and there. PvP in this game has never been more than a handful of Campaigns full at any given time. The death of PvP is far from a sign of the 'plague' that will take down this game or any other Mixed MMO.

Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In regards to DCUO, it became CRAP when the DLC "Halls of Power pt 1" came out and they decided that everyone should run in leagues and that everyone should be forced to run group content. Casual and solo players rebelled, it was also when I left the game after two years playing obsessively. The devs there are completely arrogant and have outright stated they believe solo players in an MMO are "anomalies" and that DCUO shouldn't even have solo content... but because of the mass rebellion after HoP 1, they agreed to add future solo content. But then when SOE became Daybreak, things went even further downhill fast, I'm sure it didn't help with them losing massive budget that Sony was shelling out... soon after becoming Daybreak, they switched to monthly "episodes" no doubt in order to get cash faster instead of waiting for quarterly DLC income, then two major game initiatives were abruptly dropped- new UI and PC/PS Crossplay. Yet, they are still doing absolutely nothing to try to bring in new players, and are, instead, still actively alienating segments of their players. PvP was LONG dead in DCUO, it was pretty much dead before I started playing so we're talking about three years now. PvP in any MMO is basically a fringe group of players, and to people that claim differently-- do you not believe that the game developers can see from in-game data how many of their players actively play PvP and how much money those players contribute? Honestly, ANY game will cater to the group that provides the biggest income for them, and by far the majority of ESO players are PvE-centric and I'd wager mostly solo players.

I digress... back to DCUO... they had a major opportunity being the only MMO and basically only online game available when the PS4 launched, and they arrogantly took those players for granted. Instead of cutting the PS3 loose and creating future content to take advantage of the PS4, they continued giving watered down content (thanks to PS3 limitations), and now after squandering their opportunities with PS4 players and losing a huge majority of them in the process, they are now stuck having to rely on PS3 players to keep the game going. They also have made no attempt at bringing the XBOX One on-board, probably because of the budget cuts that already caused them to shutter those two aforementioned major game initiatives.

So don't sit and believe that because DCUO didn't cater to PvP players that that is the cause of the game's decline... the cause is the arrogant developers who want to give players what the DEVS want, not what the majority of players actually want. Here in ESO, the majority of players want PvE content and game fixes... and as IC demonstrated, only a select few people want PvP. I have no doubt they will add some PvP content in the future, but it will be nowhere near as expansive as their PvE offerings.
    Edited by ADarklore on December 1, 2015 12:44AM
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting that this post was made. As a person who's been around since the beta days on Mac (as in beta Elder Scrolls Online), and currently play on both Mac and PS4, I can say that ZOS is making a few errors on their behalf. BUT! With content like Orsinium, they're taking steps in the right direction (excusing a few hiccups along the way). The game (ESO) has changed quite a bit since TESO and TESO:TU, and I personally am 1 for the change(s). In my opinion, once ZOS starts focusing more on fixing the bugs/issues with the game itself (e.g. mechanics, lag, etc.)? They'll start to win back over a lot of dissatisfied customers.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im willing to bet the vast majority of player are long time fans of the Scrolls series and we would love to see more and more pve material. It should be something like 1 dlc per year pvp centric the rest casual pve centric. ZoS needs to cater to the base.

Edit: I'll also say I feel that the last 2 updates were fantastic if you remove the RNG BoP nonsense and we'd have perfection :D

Catering solely to the TES fan base would be very dangerous. Many (most?) players that are only here because of That will leave when Beth drops the next TES title. Pvpers are more likely to stick it out long term because a) the bonds formed with allies and enemies alike; and b) the limited (quality) alternatives.
    Edited by Reverb on December 1, 2015 12:57AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCUO is five years old in Janauary sold as part of the SOE suite for a profit, making money, and releasing monthly content.

One think Zenumax shoo ups not do is pay attention to terrible comparisons to prove a points.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think once they add the ability to make changes to existing characters, more players will stick around and hopefully more return. It sucks that in order to try new things, classes, races, you have to create a new character and basically start over... one of the things that kept me going with DCUO so long was being able to make major changes to my MAIN character and not have to have different characters, upgrade inventory, mount, etc... all over again.

I do think the nerfing needs to stop... buff other abilities, but stop nerfing... the nerfs to Destruction Staff elemental procs is a good example. One of the things that tends to make players leave is when their favorite abilities get nerfed when devs decide that "too many players are using this, so let's nerf it so they pick something else". Let players play how THEY want, not how the devs want them to or how the devs think 'forced variety' is a good thing.

Between adding more content, fixing existing bugs, learning from your mistakes, continued "improvements" without nerfing, I see ESO being a long term success.
    Edited by ADarklore on December 1, 2015 12:59AM
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im willing to bet the vast majority of player are long time fans of the Scrolls series and we would love to see more and more pve material. It should be something like 1 dlc per year pvp centric the rest casual pve centric. ZoS needs to cater to the base.

Edit: I'll also say I feel that the last 2 updates were fantastic if you remove the RNG BoP nonsense and we'd have perfection :D

Oh yeah, probably thats what SOE and Daybreak thought about DCUO. And they "catered" to that so called base of yours, until there's barely even player base left.

If I didn't love this game so much I'd almost wish ZoS would just dump nothing but pvp content and laugh when this game crumbles in a year.

PVP will ALWAYS be a secondary element of gameplay in an mmorpg... especially an Elder Scrolls one.

Edit: Also DCUO sucks, so comparing ESO to it is kinda like comparing onions and garlic.

DCUO is actually good. It's half a decade old Janaury still plays on PS3 hardware and runs on at least four generation old engine.

PVP there is horribly broken but part of that falls on the player base as any attempt to change PVP is met by a forum revolt of the PVP elite if you touch there counter and immunity Windows.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Catering solely to the TES fan base would be very dangerous. Many (most?) players that are only here because of That will leave when Beth drops the next TES title. Pvpers are more likely to stick it out long term because a) the bonds formed with allies and enemies alike; and b) the limited (quality) alternatives.

Only for a few years.

Then Mom & Dad must have a discussion with PVPers about getting a job.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Do you even read what your community posts on this forum? Don't you see the huge pile of complaints? Fix this, fix that, buff this...

Show me an official MMO forum without a huge pile of complaints.

Forums are the complaint department of MMO's. Most players who are unhappy come to post there. Most players who are happy just play the game and ignore the forums.

Funny, because people on reddit are quite happy. This forum is definitely a lot more negative.
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

depends how you look at it. i think it would be even safer to focus on PvE solo play. this is what ZoS does WAY beter then the PvP. this is true just look how IC was recieved vs Orsinium and howmutch posts there are about PvP content /(serverstate) vs PvE. i dont say PvE content is without flaws but for the community it seem to be on par. we can't say that about PvP. Next Tes game is at least 3-4 years away
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

Only for a few years.

Then Mom & Dad must have a discussion with PVPers about getting a job.

Lol so true.

If this new DLC was only PvP I would not have returned , not because I dislike PvP but not everyone has a fast enough connection and or computer to do PvP but can do PvE quite well with out lagging so bad that it becomes unplayable such is the case in PvP.

More DLCs like this one and I wont unsub , although not sure how long I will wait if the next DLC one is all PvP .
  • Titan1373
    Titan1373
    Please stop!

No OP, this game isn't going down the path of DCUO. DCUO is a cash cow that also requires a sub. Literally everything was made to be imbalanced so you would spend money to switch powers every month. Also in order to replay content and get loot, you had to spend 2.50 real money to run it each time per week. That game always catered to money plain and simple.

Eso requires a sub, and that's it. You can even get by without one (unlike dc). They have minor imbalances as far as classes go, and need to fix some things but it is nothing like DCUO.
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simply put, ZOS is a puppet that lacks common sense and talent. Unless they drastically restructure themselves, this will continue. No matter how many players are unhappy.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    EsO has no problems apparently. There's no population decline , no balance issues , load times are great and all bugs are in the imagination.

Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no game forum which does not have hundreds of subjects of complaints, claims and apocalyptic prophecies about the end.

Many with over 10 years of permanence.

There is no perfect game, there are no perfect consumers.

Perfection does not exist, so the only thing left is constantly improving, but to where?

Within a community of game is impossible to satisfy all tastes, always exist those who are unhappy with something.

Perhaps the best strategy for now to keep active the game is this.

Maybe not.

But the truth is that the only thing that can be achieved to improve the situation is the constructive criticism and that this is taken into account on the other side.

I understand that some users often face the pain of seeing that the game fails the expectations turn their frustration on the forums, but if the other side is a stance taken (for reasons we do not know in general) is very difficult for this type forum claims to achieve some kind of change.

The best thing is constructive criticism and relaxed, evaluate whether it is worth waiting and remain financially supporting the product or if it really is time to go into another direction.
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZoS doing anything for PvP, it's improving it while not ruining the whole MMO.
    Very few MMOs have been able to keep the balance in the whole game. Not just one part.
    MMOs have so many moving parts that it simply isnt possible to have everything perfect, and add more content without ruining something else.

Cyrodiil keeps being interesting even when I have seen every pixel 10 times over.
    The prime campaigns have been full every day since launch (well, maybe not July 2014 when everyone had 5 FPS because of a group bug).

I don't agree with this thread at all.
    Edited by Cogo on December 1, 2015 3:50AM
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It feels and seems that EA is taking over ESO......
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Marcusito
    Marcusito
    ✭✭✭
    This game is on four platforms, it isn't going anywhere any time soon. The MMO if not gaming market is highly competitive now and I think Elder Scrolls is holding its own. I skipped Fallout 4, Witcher 3 and everything else since this game launched and still on my character find some new build, gear set or tweak every week to improve my game.

It is becoming more elder scrolls and an MMO every patch, sure there are some misteps, the loading screens were horrible and I get bugged out from time to time. But so much content is coming and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm still loving it since launch.
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    DCUO has had a good run. It's been out for going on 5 years. Only reason I quit is the constant grind fest just to do end game content, I haven't seen that with eso. At vet 1 I could do end game content, I wasn't very good either but I could do it. With DCUO that's not the case. You need a combat rating just to enter a dungeon and if I took a break I would have to convince my guild to run me through lower content just so I could catch up with them.

Edit: everyone always complains about balance on an mmo. What they don't realize is balance is bad. One class is always supposed to be better than another, and another is better than the last.
    Edited by Fuzzybrick on December 1, 2015 5:54AM
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please stop!

Hopefully, when there is less focus on Fallout 4, Todd Howard will start to realise this too. Those people can't be COMPLETELY blind...
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    temjiu wrote: »
    Jura23 wrote: »
    Any examples of good young MMOs? I'm interested in those more than examples of bad MMOs.

ESO was good for some time since launch. Yes, it had bugs, glitches, but they did some right decisions along the way for almost a year. And when the game hit year 2, it has been deteriorating to this very day.

Funny you say that. I remember a mass exodus of players shorty after the release of the game. So much so that Zenimin scrambled to change the end game to try and keep people.

How did they "scramle to change the end game" just after release?
    (No, Veteran ranks always were in the game. Cadwell's Gold and Silver too)
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isnt even trial and you're sayin this game is dying? If they manage to survive to ES6 launch Im sure it boost population again, not to mention they might be doing Expansion too, I actually believe its happening as they removed VRs, they had to remove VRs from expansion's way.

I think though 12 day Enlightment bank was mistake, it should be Unlimited, so people would come back more easily, even after long breaks, to see new Content and Expansions. I still havent figured why cant they do it.
    Edited by Sausage on December 1, 2015 5:59AM