Maintenance for the week of September 2:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 4, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 4, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – September 4, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cured Vampire no Skill Points back?

ZeFeZ
ZeFeZ
Did I just lose around 8 Skill Points?
  • stewart.leslie76b16_ESO
    No, the skill points are still in the Vampire line in case you want to be in the next Twilight film, you need to do a skill point respec to get them back.
    I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the skill points are still in the Vampire line in case you want to be in the next Twilight film, you need to do a skill point respec to get them back.
    * But that respec only works while you are a Vampire. You need to do the respec before getting the cure if you want those points back. Otherwise, they stay where you put them in case you want to become a Vampire again in the future.

Edit: Based on a ZOS quote reposted in comment #13, it appears this information may be out of date.
    Edited by Enodoc on November 23, 2015 2:15PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    * But that respec only works while you are a Vampire. You need to do the respec before getting the cure if you want those points back. Otherwise, they stay where you put them in case you want to become a Vampire again in the future.

Is it true? I was a vampire some months ago, then cured (without respeccing earlier, because I forgot it), then respecced and went to WW, after some weeks cured it, respecced, then infected with vampirism again, and there was my vamp skill line empty. I had to spend those skill points again.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is true. If you want to cure vampire, you must respec first removing the skill points from the tree and then cure yourself. Otherwise the points are locked away forever (even during future respecs) in the vampire tree. To fix this, become a vampire again and then respec, then cure, with no points in the vampire skill line and you have all your skill points back.
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    im not convinced.

I cured, then respec a few weeks later, on assigning points almost identically (except not into provisioning) I feel i had a lot more points than i started with. For ages i couldn't work it out. Then i clicked it must have come from vamp tree. but i dont fancy getting bit and cured again just to be certain. Did any one test this in 2.1.4?

PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not convinced.

I cured, then respec a few weeks later, on assigning points almost identically (except not into provisioning) I feel i had a lot more points than i started with. For ages i couldn't work it out. Then i clicked it must have come from vamp tree. but i dont fancy getting bit and cured again just to be certain. Did any one test this in 2.1.4?

Not convinced. Lol.

I don't have to convince you of facts when you have had several people answer the question in detail. Feel free to test yourself. Get bit, do the 5 min quest, and look at the points still spent in the skill line when it opens again.
    Edited by Elijah_Crow on November 23, 2015 1:25PM
  • stewart.leslie76b16_ESO
    Then that is a serious bug in a the game, a skill point reset gives you back ALL skill points spent. If it is not doing this for Vampire and Werewolf now (and it did when I ran my completionist through the Twilight fever), then something must have really gone wrong. Of course this is easily resolved, all it would do is take someone that works at ZOS to come in and say what should be happening.
    I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the "you have to be vamp when you respec" may also be outdated info.

in fact not may. im pretty sure any respec at any time will give oyu all points back
    Edited by laksikus on November 23, 2015 1:39PM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you do actually have to respec while still a vampire to get the points, that is fairly recent. I've gotten and cured vamp like 15 times on my main char since launch and every time I respecced after dropping vamp I got all of my skill points back.

rip decibel
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    im not convinced.

Not convinced. Lol.

I don't have to convince you of facts
    i was questioning whether it was a fact still, since all the updates, simply asking if any one had tested this recently. and its not for my benefit but for the OP who you are advising. Stating it is fact, does not really help. Is it such a crime to ask for a little up to date evidence this bug is still occuring?

after all they did change how the infection and curing of the abilities worked in the most recent patch, is it so implausible to think they may have also have addressed this bug and forgot to add it to patch notes?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then that is a serious bug in a the game, a skill point reset gives you back ALL skill points spent. If it is not doing this for Vampire and Werewolf now (and it did when I ran my completionist through the Twilight fever), then something must have really gone wrong. Of course this is easily resolved, all it would do is take someone that works at ZOS to come in and say what should be happening.

Or you could just read:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/102819/just-cured-vampirism-but-no-skill-point-refund

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/187573/curing-vampire-and-lost-skill-points

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/92086/cured-vampirism-lost-invested-skill-points

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/136932/stolen-skill-points/p1

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/227673/do-you-get-your-skill-points-back-if-you-heal-werewolf-vampire

• laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, there are several quotes i can gives you that indicate you egt ALL skill points back on respec, even if you cured vamp.

including one from a ZOS employee
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Hey folks!

If you are a vampire and get cured, skillpoints that you have allocated to the vampire (or werewolf) skill lines remain in those abilities. Upon respec, those points should be distributed back into your skillpoint total. You should not need to respec before getting cured.

There was a bug reported early on in the game that prevented those skill points from properly allocating to your total, but that was resolved. Thanks!

• Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    well, there are several quotes i can gives you that indicate you egt ALL skill points back on respec, even if you cured vamp.

Hey folks!

If you are a vampire and get cured, skillpoints that you have allocated to the vampire (or werewolf) skill lines remain in those abilities. Upon respec, those points should be distributed back into your skillpoint total. You should not need to respec before getting cured.

There was a bug reported early on in the game that prevented those skill points from properly allocating to your total, but that was resolved. Thanks!

Wow. That's irresponsible and misleading to post that and not tell everyone that in this thread players pointed out Molly was wrong.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was stated alot that this was common in early states of the game.
    but it was stated several times it is fixed long

inlcuding in that thread after Molly answered
    Glierhuin wrote: »
    You will always get the skillpoints back. It's just difficult to keep track because you don't see your overall points. You just don't see if the points are still stuck in the skill line, because it disappears completely.

If you want to be 100% sure do this:

1. Be a vampire / werewolf
    2. Do a respec and note how many points you have
    3. Spent the skill points in vampire / werewolf tree
    4. Cure vampirism / werewolf
    5. Do a respec again
    6. Note that you will have all your skill points back

The skill points will stay in the skill tree until you do a respec. If that's a good design or not...well that's another thing.

another quote
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @Elsir I haven't checked myself (although I could I guess since I just cured mine), but last time I mentioned this I was corrected and told that now, if you respect AFTER getting cured you get the skill points back. (Although yeah, was definitely the way you explained at launch)

another one
    One of my characters was a vampire and I got it cured when the skill line was maxed. The only thing to get your skillpoints back is doing a respec. Either before or after, respec is respec.
    Just see it like if you'd choose to level a different weapon skill line, you also have tons of skillpoints in the previous skill line and would have to respec to get your skillpoints back for using them in the new tree. It's not all that bad.
    But either way, the skillpoints are not lost :)

Edited by laksikus on November 23, 2015 2:13PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

Hey folks!

Well I'm more inclined to believe a ZOS employee, even if the other view is a common player belief. I apologise if my comment (#3) is out of date. But it definitely was that way once! :stuck_out_tongue:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I was a vamp I cured it and did not get skill points back (I was surprised) but when I did a full respec of skill points I got them all. I don't know why this is still a thing after all this time. When you cure you should be refunded all vamp points.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that information can become outdated. For the good of everyone, I just tested this to see what the status is today and I discovered I was wrong in my previous posts.

At some point this was fixed and you are now refunded all skill points including those in the vampire skill line that is not visible.

4ZlvsOH.jpg

0M0OCAl.jpg

2ZEEvog.jpg

kcaHwxV.jpg

My apologies for posting out dated information.
    Edited by Elijah_Crow on November 23, 2015 2:49PM