The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

So how is loot (and laurels) in Undaunted are supposed to work?

newtinmpls
newtinmpls
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Just doing an undaunted non-vet. Various peeps of various levels.

The loot from bosses was leveled to the group/leader
The loot from mobs was leveled to the group/leader
The loot from chests and crates was leveled to my character

I know 3 merc motifs, friend knows 2, and no one got any laurels in the whole dungeon.

Is this what I should expect?
Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can only get Laurel from the endboss. And as you only know a few chapters your chance to get one is probably about 20% per dungeon.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final bosses in veteran dungeons drop them. If you know one chapter, you have 50% to get laurel. Knowing all makes it 100%.See more here .
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well then I should just give up on the idea. Never finished a vet dungeon.

I'm cool with 'in a dungeon' but limiting a style to vet... not cool.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowing one chapter gives you a 50% chance in vet, 12.5% chance in non-vet. Knowing all 14 is 100% chance in vet, 25% in non-vet.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mistake forgetting normal dungeons. But check the thread i linked. There are all the details.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Well then I should just give up on the idea. Never finished a vet dungeon.

I'm cool with 'in a dungeon' but limiting a style to vet... not cool.

You can surely finish Some dungeons, Some of them are really easy. Also if you bring some friends let's say 2 V16 DD's and some V1 let the dungeon scale to V1 and you're gonna have a very easy run.
    There are ways, it's just gonna take some effort or a different approach
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a particular group that I adventure with, and to me, this game is more about RPGing with spouse & friends than it is about completing content. Yes I'm (slowly) learning and getting better, but even with 2 vet 16s and a 4 and a 2, dungeon scaled to 2, we still haven't managed it.

Yes there are ways, but vet content (probably with good reason) is scaled to high-end players, and I'm not gonna be one any time soon.

So put it in the 'someday' pile
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been in vet an normal dungeons where our group was crushed, and have also done them and finished fairly easy. The biggest difference was having someone who knows the dungeon mechanics. At the very least check YouTube or websites for boss mechanics.
    It's worth doing the dungeons to raise your Undaunted skill. The passives are too good to ignore.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good point, @Ourorboros any of the dungeons I've done are easier each time because we know what to expect and how to deal with it.

I do enjoy undaunted, and frankly I never get tired of Spindleclutch (non Vet) I love killing that .... unpleasant lady of unkind dreams (there, that's how my excessively polite altmer clothier would say it).