Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Matt Firor confirms release format of Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    If theres more zones coming makes me wonder if they really dumped the Expansion idea and quarter DLCs is the plan. I think quarter DLC's is way better than wait 1.5-2 year for an expansion. Quarter DLCs should keep the hype going.
    ZOS had never planned to go down the Expansion route.Their original plan was some sort of new content every 6 weeks. The only difference between now and then is that now it's 3 months instead of 6 weeks.
    Gidorick wrote: »
    So we have the form of release confirmed! These releases will be zone-type release.

Looking at the planned zones from beta...
    Pur91sS.png

and comparing it to a map of hammerfell...
    latest?cb=20120123040357

We are either going to get Sunforge or a completely new zone south of Alik'r Desert. We are likely also going to get Colovian Highlands for the Dark Brotherhood. Interesting stuff!
    I personally don't think Thieves Guild will include a whole zone. I think Abah's Landing will be a small island off the coast of Hammerfell, and that'll be a central location to the questline, but that'll be about it. That fits in with how the Mages Guild did Eyevea, and how the Earth Forge works for the Fighters Guild. The Gold Coast for DB, on the other hand, is a more interesting situation to consider, and I have a thread about that.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sav72 wrote: »
    New expansions are nice, but, they have to fix the major issues with this game, Load screes, Lag in Cyrodiil, etc........

Different teams.

well not as long es every addition to the game makes the mentioned problems worse...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    New expansions are nice, but, they have to fix the major issues with this game, Load screes, Lag in Cyrodiil, etc........

Different teams.

well not as long es every addition to the game makes the mentioned problems worse...

Different teams, but the same fate.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    In a recent interview @ZOS_MattFiror said:
    Matt Firor wrote:
    Thieves Guild takes place in a part of Hammerfell that you haven’t yet seen in ESO, and Dark Brotherhood will be set in the area around Anvil and Kvatch in western Cyrodiil (which is not part of the PvP Cyrodiil). After that, you’ll have to stay tuned!

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/feature/10282/Elder-Scrolls-Online-Matt-Firor-on-Orsinium-and-the-Future-of-DLC.html

So we have the form of release confirmed! These releases will be zone-type release.

Looking at the planned zones from beta...
    Pur91sS.png

and comparing it to a map of hammerfell...
    latest?cb=20120123040357

We are either going to get Sunforge or a completely new zone south of Alik'r Desert. We are likely also going to get Colovian Highlands for the Dark Brotherhood. Interesting stuff!

That being said. I'm still hopeful both the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will give us perpetual gameplay that traverses all of Tamriel. I'd be fine with the bulk of the story taking place in one location but contracts really should span all the zones!

Anyway... thought you guys might be interested in this little tidbit of info.

/drink

Yeah. Thieves guild & db did not provide reviting game play in Oblivion or Skyrim. Hopefully its a vast improvement over those two titles.

You are crazy. Although I think dark brotherhood took a step back in skyrim compared to oblivion. Both were great storylines. I prefer oblivion storylines more though.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    AngryNord wrote: »

I kinda had hoped the Brotherhood might perhaps be set in dunmer lands, get some Morag Tong connections... but that may have been wishful thinking because I am a dunmer fancier. But I suppose an assassins guild can work pretty much anywhere, though of course they are better in "civilized" lands, since in the backwoods of some barbaric swamp noone pays an assassin when they can just bash the object of their ire over the head with a club...

I always thought they'd do it in Black Marsh (it seems a pile of others did too) for the Shadowscale connection myself. I'm a Dunmer fan too though, so looking forward to Vvardenfell when it arrives in-game.

Yeah, a bit surprised there too, for the same reason. Morag Tong and Dark Brotherhood are competitors though, so don't quite get the connection there...

DB originally came from the Morag Tong didn't they? They are vicious competitors due to the religious differences and how the Morag Tong are "Legal" and DB certainly aren't.
    That depends on which in-universe source you believe. There are multiple contradictory sources for the origin of the Dark Brotherhood and the explanation for where the animosity between them and the Morag Tong truly comes from. It seems most likely to me that some (or all) of these sources are based on lies spread by one (or both) of these organizations in an effort to enhance their reputation or simply obfuscate the truth.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrobel did say that the next big update they were working on game mechanics and what not including balancing etc.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »

Wrobel did say that the next big update they were working on game mechanics and what not including balancing etc.

Wrobel says a lot of things.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

I kinda had hoped the Brotherhood might perhaps be set in dunmer lands, get some Morag Tong connections... but that may have been wishful thinking because I am a dunmer fancier. But I suppose an assassins guild can work pretty much anywhere, though of course they are better in "civilized" lands, since in the backwoods of some barbaric swamp noone pays an assassin when they can just bash the object of their ire over the head with a club...

I always thought they'd do it in Black Marsh (it seems a pile of others did too) for the Shadowscale connection myself. I'm a Dunmer fan too though, so looking forward to Vvardenfell when it arrives in-game.

Yeah, a bit surprised there too, for the same reason. Morag Tong and Dark Brotherhood are competitors though, so don't quite get the connection there...

DB originally came from the Morag Tong didn't they? They are vicious competitors due to the religious differences and how the Morag Tong are "Legal" and DB certainly aren't.
    That depends on which in-universe source you believe. There are multiple contradictory sources for the origin of the Dark Brotherhood and the explanation for where the animosity between them and the Morag Tong truly comes from. It seems most likely to me that some (or all) of these sources are based on lies spread by one (or both) of these organizations in an effort to enhance their reputation or simply obfuscate the truth.

I don't trust any of 'em. :angry:
    Edited by Gidorick on November 12, 2015 4:38PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see the title of this post at first glance I think it says "Fat Mirror ......" lol

Sorry Matt no offence intended :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

I don't trust any of 'em. :angry:
    Nor should you! I know I don't...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I hope they continue on the path of battle levelling. IMO Orsinium was a big success, and the scaling helped with that a lot. Having the ability to do dungeons as a level 3, for example, with a VR16 is pretty damn awesome. You never feel pushed out of content just because you're behind.

Actually, I hope they go back to the Caldwell's Silver and Gold areas and battle level those to make the game feel more open. I think Orsinium was very successful at doing this so make this happen ZoS so everyone can go where they want.

Gar as DB and TG... start them int he new zone, but the quest lines should span all zones in some way similar to how the MG and FG do now. That is why I would like to see battle-leveling in all zones.
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Skyrim TG and DB were hilariously awful. TG was worse because it was forced with no alternate option to destroy them or aide with Mercer, and the questline made them all out to be very very stupid.

Hello?? No one likes a tattle-tale... but....
  • briandivisionb16_ESO
    briandivisionb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Battle arenas and I resub.

Nah just kidding :) You had a year of AoE caps which are now giving 75% damage reduction with battle level changes.
    Think I'll stay unsubbed for a long, LONG time. #RedeemYourself ^^
    If your group is bigger than 6 members gain 75% damage reduction.

Write this on the back of your box and see how many sales you get!

You won't get any new PvP players until this archaic AoE crap is fixed.
    I for one won't resub until:
    1.) You fix lag.
    2.) You remove AOE caps we voted against.
    3.) 12 months have passed (this is how long we've waited for you to 'get with it')[/b]
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    If they made every zone, from AD, DC and EP scale to you like Orsinium does, this game would be 200% better, Id make an alt and go through it all for the love of pve.

I do hope the thiefs guild and dark brothrh has its own skill lines, that would be fun.

Personally,I hope they never do scale the rest of the world,as in Orsinium.I like being able to go out,as it says in one of the loading screens we all have to stare at,and return when you're stronger and leveled up a bit to finish the quest you started. I hate scaling levels.The only place it is great is in Orsinium. Just my own thoughts though. :}
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they made every zone, from AD, DC and EP scale to you like Orsinium does, this game would be 200% better, Id make an alt and go through it all for the love of pve.

I do hope the thiefs guild and dark brothrh has its own skill lines, that would be fun.

Personally,I hope they never do scale the rest of the world,as in Orsinium.I like being able to go out,as it says in one of the loading screens we all have to stare at,and return when you're stronger and leveled up a bit to finish the quest you started. I hate scaling levels.The only place it is great is in Orsinium. Just my own thoughts though. :}

This was actually one of my thoughts when I wrote out the concept for Caldwell's Redux (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/185967/cadwell-s-redux-concept-to-fix-silver-gold-freetamriel/p1) and the scaling down concept (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/176972/add-the-option-to-scale-characters-down-to-older-zones-please-d/p1)

Each area would have a "level range" and if you are not at the lower end of the level range, then you are scaled to the lowest of the level range. This way there is progression within each zone.

If they implemented the kind of long term leveling concepts I have laid out players wouldn't just automatically be leveled to the highest level. They would still have a bit of work to do within the zone and few levels to gain while running that content.

To continue to try to convince ZOS that this would be better for the game and the community is futile. They've taken the easier way by just scale everyone to max level. That does work, it just kind of makes the concept of levels pointless.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kind of like that the upcoming zones might be new "concepts" since the beta... that their plans can, and obviously do change. *cough-Buy-2-play & Crown Store-cough*

As one of the things they promised they wouldn't be doing was 'Akavir'...I agree. XD I would not mind in the least if they changed that particular plan. :)
    And... is your name referencing that study where people were told to electrically shock patients and did so on the orders of someone in a white coat?

@Gidorick It's nothing so sinister as that; 'white coat syndrome' is when a person gets stressed out at the doctors to the point where they register as sick even though there's noting wrong with them.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be a great addition

Orsinium feels so alive with everyone there.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be a great addition

Orsinium feels so alive with everyone there.

Don't worry once the PvP crew gets their stuff they'll be gone, and once people get their drops from VMA they're gone too.

And it'll be a ghost town once TG comes out.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    White Coat Syndrome occurs when the IRS audits you as well. Even though you are innocent they think otherwise. Well maybe it can be called Cheap Government Suit Syndrome in that case..
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

+100K
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I F-King love this game
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice to see they plan to continue focusing on PvE and questing. They know very well from datamining what the majority of players are playing and what $$ comes out of those players, so they'll focus on the content that makes them the most money, which only makes sense.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix the cc system and performance issues first.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This was actually one of my thoughts when I wrote out the concept for Caldwell's Redux (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/185967/cadwell-s-redux-concept-to-fix-silver-gold-freetamriel/p1) and the scaling down concept (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/176972/add-the-option-to-scale-characters-down-to-older-zones-please-d/p1)

Each area would have a "level range" and if you are not at the lower end of the level range, then you are scaled to the lowest of the level range. This way there is progression within each zone.

If they implemented the kind of long term leveling concepts I have laid out players wouldn't just automatically be leveled to the highest level. They would still have a bit of work to do within the zone and few levels to gain while running that content.

To continue to try to convince ZOS that this would be better for the game and the community is futile. They've taken the easier way by just scale everyone to max level. That does work, it just kind of makes the concept of levels pointless.

Thanks for the links,There is a lot of wisdom in what you have written.It would be nice if the devs would pay attention to something that would work so well.
  • charlmgn
    charlmgn
    ✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    I F-King love this game

We-Know.gif

We Know
  • BlueIllyrian
    BlueIllyrian
    ✭✭✭
    Malmai wrote: »

+100K

Haven't you heard, the game is perfect and any critique makes you a hater.

As with other elements I expect thin content, a price tag and overload on cash store items.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the thievesguild will include more stories of "Bal Molagmer". The Robin hood of Tamriel.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets play a game, any time a thread is made to attempt to create discussion about interesting future content, count how many posts there are until someone mentions lag or bugs, see how far it can go!
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    If theres more zones coming makes me wonder if they really dumped the Expansion idea and quarter DLCs is the plan. I think quarter DLC's is way* better than wait 1.5-2 year for an expansion. Quarter DLCs should keep the hype going.

I vote for this
  • Arthur_Spoonfondle
    Arthur_Spoonfondle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Around two years from launch to get The Dark Brotherhood and The Thieves Guild, essential parts of The Elder Scrolls that should have been present from the start. How long is it going to take to fulfil the promise of the whole of Tamriel being playable? Will it be this side of 2030, if it ever actually happens?