Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Matt Firor confirms release format of Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
In a recent interview @ZOS_MattFiror said:
Matt Firor wrote:
Thieves Guild takes place in a part of Hammerfell that you haven’t yet seen in ESO, and Dark Brotherhood will be set in the area around Anvil and Kvatch in western Cyrodiil (which is not part of the PvP Cyrodiil). After that, you’ll have to stay tuned!

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/feature/10282/Elder-Scrolls-Online-Matt-Firor-on-Orsinium-and-the-Future-of-DLC.html

So we have the form of release confirmed! These releases will be zone-type release.

Looking at the planned zones from beta...
Pur91sS.png

and comparing it to a map of hammerfell...
latest?cb=20120123040357

We are either going to get Sunforge or a completely new zone south of Alik'r Desert. We are likely also going to get Colovian Highlands, and the area west, for the Dark Brotherhood. Interesting stuff!

That being said. I'm still hopeful both the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will give us perpetual gameplay that traverses all of Tamriel. I'd be fine with the bulk of the story taking place in one location but contracts really should span all the zones!

Anyway... thought you guys might be interested in this little tidbit of info.

/drink
Edited by Gidorick on November 12, 2015 4:37PM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New expansions are nice, but, they have to fix the major issues with this game, Load screes, Lag in Cyrodiil, etc........
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sav72 wrote: »
    New expansions are nice, but, they have to fix the major issues with this game, Load screes, Lag in Cyrodiil, etc........

Different teams.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Matt Firor wrote:
    Thieves Guild takes place in a part of Hammerfell that you haven’t yet seen in ESO, and Dark Brotherhood will be set in the area around Anvil and Kvatch in western Cyrodiil (which is not part of the PvP Cyrodiil). After that, you’ll have to stay tuned!

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/feature/10282/Elder-Scrolls-Online-Matt-Firor-on-Orsinium-and-the-Future-of-DLC.html

So we have the form of release confirmed! These releases will be zone-type release.

Pur91sS.png

latest?cb=20120123040357

We are either going to get Sunforge or a completely new zone south of Alik'r Desert. We are likely also going to get Colovian Highlands for the Dark Brotherhood. Interesting stuff!

That being said. I'm still hopeful both the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will give us perpetual gameplay that traverses all of Tamriel. I'd be fine with the bulk of the story taking place in one location but contracts really should span all the zones!

/drink

Yeah. Thieves guild & db did not provide reviting game play in Oblivion or Skyrim. Hopefully its a vast improvement over those two titles.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they continue on the path of battle levelling. IMO Orsinium was a big success, and the scaling helped with that a lot. Having the ability to do dungeons as a level 3, for example, with a VR16 is pretty damn awesome. You never feel pushed out of content just because you're behind.
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Matt Firor wrote:

Pur91sS.png

latest?cb=20120123040357

We are either going to get Sunforge or a completely new zone south of Alik'r Desert. We are likely also going to get Colovian Highlands for the Dark Brotherhood. Interesting stuff!

/drink

Yeah. Thieves guild & db did not provide reviting game play in Oblivion or Skyrim. Hopefully its a vast improvement over those two titles.

I think you're just spoiled by Morrowind :tongue:

I personally liked the DB questline from Oblivion, and the TG from Skyrim. Of course MW was waaaay better than both, but that style of quest progression has sadly been left behind.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    Matt Firor wrote:

Pur91sS.png

latest?cb=20120123040357

/drink

I personally liked the DB questline from Oblivion, and the TG from Skyrim. Of course MW was waaaay better than both, but that style of quest progression has sadly been left behind.

Never really played Morrowind. Bought it after playing Oblivion & found the horrible combat mechanics enough to put me off.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim TG and DB were hilariously awful. TG was worse because it was forced with no alternate option to destroy them or aide with Mercer, and the questline made them all out to be very very stupid.
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep, Im officially finished throwing money at this game until cyrodiil lag is gone. Im done. NO MORE MONEY. I play on there dime now from here on out. Orsinium is officially the last expansion i will buy from this company. Finished. Looking forward to seeing a replacement for this game come out. Im primarily a PvP player, so hopefully something good comes out soon.

Should of, could of, would of, This game fails to deliver a fluid and smooth combat experience and they basically pulled the bait and switch on us with this sorry excuse that cyrodiil has become. They are now KNOWINGLY selling broken product to new players KNOWING that the game is broken, They are also failing to Notify NEW PLAYERS that the product is broken before they sell it too them, all the while still reaping the financial rewards. It is illegal in some states to KNOWINGLY sell defective product to customers.There TOS does not over rule my state law, and there is Federal Legislation that protects consumers from fraud such as which is being performed by this company.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. But what is the content? If PvE, not really interested.. except maybe for gear upgrades that folks who don't run dungeons can obtain... PvP stuff I'd be curious about.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Skyrim TG and DB were hilariously awful. TG was worse because it was forced with no alternate option to destroy them or aide with Mercer, and the questline made them all out to be very very stupid.

I SEROUSLY doubt ESO will provide two sides to the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood @Scyantific. I think in both you will be aspiring members of both organizations. I would really love for ZOS to prove me wrong. :wink:

If it is as I suspect... my main character, Gidorick Malborn, won't be able to complete those quest lines. I do, however, have a Khajiit character that is pretty low level that would be more than happy to do any number of jobs for either organization... for a price. :naughty: I should work on leveling Dar-Ja'Taba. He's not quite ready for such dirty deeds. He's still sharpening his claws on pilfering and pickpocketing.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MrBeatDown wrote: »

Yep, Im officially finished throwing money at this game until cyrodiil lag is gone. Im done. NO MORE MONEY. I play on there dime now from here on out. Orsinium is officially the last expansion i will buy from this company. Finished. Looking forward to seeing a replacement for this game come out. Im primarily a PvP player, so hopefully something good comes out soon.

Should of, could of, would of, This game fails to deliver a fluid and smooth combat experience and they basically pulled the bait and switch on us with this sorry excuse that cyrodiil has become. They are now KNOWINGLY selling broken product to new players KNOWING that the game is broken, They are also failing to Notify NEW PLAYERS that the product is broken before they sell it too them, all the while still reaping the financial rewards. It is illegal in some states to KNOWINGLY sell defective product to customers.There TOS does not over rule my state law, and there is Federal Legislation that protects consumers from fraud such as which is being performed by this company.

The game is not so broken that it cannot function. You can't expect them to fix the lag without making content though. They still have to push out content to make money while fixing the problems that they have to fix.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think broken means what people think it means.

I've been able to play since beta started with less than ten crashes, really bad lagging a handful of times and a broken launcher twice.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

The game is not so broken that it cannot function. You can't expect them to fix the lag without making content though. They still have to push out content to make money while fixing the problems that they have to fix.

Crashes, lags, rollbacks, All still prevailent even after the "fix" patches, Yet product still being sold as gold with no mention of disfunctionality. Product is clearly flawed. Yet they dont warn people prior to purchase. You also do not get to accept their terms until you pay for the product and download it. You then have to agree to a TOS before you can create an account and log in. Yet they keep quiet about the poor performance server side and how defected the product is.
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Never really played Morrowind. Bought it after playing Oblivion & found the horrible combat mechanics enough to put me off.

You should try one of the ported versions of it e.g. Morroblivion. I can't get over the aging overall mechanics of MW, but Morrowblivion was an absolutely huge amount of fun. I can't wait for Skywind to be released from closed testing.

tesrenewal.com/
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that map from beta is going to be accurate for the next DLCs; for one because Lady Laurent specifically mentioned the Gold Coast and...well, look at the map of Cyrodiil. Anvil and Kvatch are way outside that Colovian Highlands border. Abah's Landing is apparently a port, so I would assume the Thieves' Guild DLC will take place along Hammerfell's coast somewhere.

Mind, I'm looking forward to them regardless. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

It's pretty broken for some of us. The only reason I ever decided touch this website is because I can't even play most of the time. That, and i also wanted to sell some stuff but i found out we couldn't do that either.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You should try one of the ported versions of it e.g. Morroblivion. I can't get over the aging overall mechanics of MW, but Morrowblivion was an absolutely huge amount of fun. I can't wait for Skywind to be released from closed testing.

tesrenewal.com/

You know what? I did download morroblivion. Still never got around to trying the game again.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that map from beta is going to be accurate for the next DLCs; for one because Lady Laurent specifically mentioned the Gold Coast and...well, look at the map of Cyrodiil. Anvil and Kvatch are way outside that Colovian Highlands border. Abah's Landing is apparently a port, so I would assume the Thieves' Guild DLC will take place along Hammerfell's coast somewhere.

Mind, I'm looking forward to them regardless. :)

I COMPLETELY agree @WhiteCoatSyndrome. I use it only because it's all we have for any kind of reference on these things. I kind of like that the upcoming zones might be new "concepts" since the beta... that their plans can, and obviously do change. *cough-Buy-2-play & Crown Store-cough*

And... is your name referencing that study where people were told to electrically shock patients and did so on the orders of someone in a white coat?

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like this quarterly content schedule.
    The game plays great for me.
    Can't wait for the Thieve's Guild!
    It ain't easy being green.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Matt Firor wrote:

Pur91sS.png

latest?cb=20120123040357

/drink

That is beyond tragic
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Matt Firor wrote:

Pur91sS.png

latest?cb=20120123040357

/drink

Oh,no,no.You just did NOT diss that sacred game??
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacrilege! Burn the Heretic! ;)

Morrowind was great in its day, through it somewhat dated now... painful to play, even, at times. Still had some of the best stories all around, ever. From finding the assassins in Vivecs cellar to folfilling your destiny, from getting to the ashlander clans without fast travel options to the main story plot and lore around it... I may have started playing TES with Daggerfall, but Morrowind was what captured my imagination, made the TES world come alive as world in its own right instead of just another generic fantasy setting...

Back to the topic at hand though...

I kinda had hoped the Brotherhood might perhaps be set in dunmer lands, get some Morag Tong connections... but that may have been wishful thinking because I am a dunmer fancier. But I suppose an assassins guild can work pretty much anywhere, though of course they are better in "civilized" lands, since in the backwoods of some barbaric swamp noone pays an assassin when they can just bash the object of their ire over the head with a club...

Thieves Guild in sountern Hammerfell? Now that sparks my imagination... from Sinbads Voyages Bagdhad to Forgotten Realms Calimshan, from Age of Conans Tortage to the Barbary Coast, there have been many rouge-ish stories set in that kind of climate in both fact and fiction... It certainly might make for some interesting visuals I expect. Yay! ;)
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I kinda had hoped the Brotherhood might perhaps be set in dunmer lands, get some Morag Tong connections... but that may have been wishful thinking because I am a dunmer fancier. But I suppose an assassins guild can work pretty much anywhere, though of course they are better in "civilized" lands, since in the backwoods of some barbaric swamp noone pays an assassin when they can just bash the object of their ire over the head with a club...

I always thought they'd do it in Black Marsh (it seems a pile of others did too) for the Shadowscale connection myself. I'm a Dunmer fan too though, so looking forward to Vvardenfell when it arrives in-game.

Oh look, Anook.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If theres more zones coming makes me wonder if they really dumped the Expansion idea and quarter DLCs is the plan. I think quarter DLC's is way better than wait 1.5-2 year for an expansion. Quarter DLCs should keep the hype going.
    Edited by Sausage on November 12, 2015 6:32AM
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Different teams.

Yes so Shh and gimme TG and DB! xD
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I always thought they'd do it in Black Marsh (it seems a pile of others did too) for the Shadowscale connection myself. I'm a Dunmer fan too though, so looking forward to Vvardenfell when it arrives in-game.

Yeah, a bit surprised there too, for the same reason. Morag Tong and Dark Brotherhood are competitors though, so don't quite get the connection there...
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

Yeah, a bit surprised there too, for the same reason. Morag Tong and Dark Brotherhood are competitors though, so don't quite get the connection there...

DB originally came from the Morag Tong didn't they? They are vicious competitors due to the religious differences and how the Morag Tong are "Legal" and DB certainly aren't.

Oh look, Anook.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Anvils is most definately on the Gold Coast in TES:IV. Kvatch is pretty much just at the border.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure they are working hard on all of that. I do recall hearing about them having found a fix for the loading screens recently, something about it being worse for characters with a lot of quests completed.

Also, while we wait for them to fix that stuff I definitely wouldn't mind more content :p and should they happen to recreate stories like the glory that is Wrothgar's main story, well then that'd just be even better.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they made every zone, from AD, DC and EP scale to you like Orsinium does, this game would be 200% better, Id make an alt and go through it all for the love of pve.

I do hope the thiefs guild and dark brothrh has its own skill lines, that would be fun.

PC EU
    PvP only