The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mounts and Pets Whishlist

• Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    esp1992 wrote: »
    1. Companion Skill (For Pets)
    I am *** sick and *** tired of having the pet that won't fight or do *** for you!

Then don't toggle them.
    Also, relax.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am *** sick and *** tired of having the pet that won't fight or do *** for you!
    Considering what mobs you are up against most of the time... all the pets would be a ragged pile of torn flesh, spilled blood and broken bones after the first or second fight.
    So I am generally rather happy they don't get drawn into combat.
    Except for sorceror combat pets, but then, those are summoned daedra anyways, they just pop back to oblivion when smashed by some troll...

But back to the OT...

Mounts I'd like to se:
    - Direwolf mount
    - Imperial Racing Chariot mount
    - Floating Broomstick mount
    - Spider mount
    - Dwemer Sphere rebuilt into Segway-style mount
    - Donkey mount
    - Slave-carried Palaquin mount
    - Camel mount
    - Nobles Carriage mount
    - Unicorn mount
    - Floating Carpet mount
    - Elk mount
    - Ayleid Floating Platform mount
    - Boar mount
    - Trader Cart mount
    - Dog Sled mount

Pets I'd like to see:
    - Ghost Wolf pet
    - Ghost Snake pet
    - Ghost Tiger pet
    - Ghost Bear pet
    - Ghost Fox pet
    - Bat pet
    - Will o Wisp pet
    - Floating Burning Skull pet
    - Hawk pet
    - Nix-hound pet
    - Spider pet
    - Undead Hound pet
    - Raven pet
    - Dwemer Sentry pet
    - Parrot pet
    Options
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want an Ostrich mount
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kayPOW wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    kayPOW wrote: »
    As for pets and mounts I really want the Skeletal Guar that was teased a while ago, and for a pet I really want a Bantam Guar. They could easily make that and I just think they're adorable! Or even a Guar baby for my mount! It would be sweet if we could have one and when you get a Guar mount it interacts just like in WoWW where the Dread Raven and Dread Chick have little hearts above their heads when they meet!

The Bantam Guar pet already exists (I have it!), it was available on PC and then removed from the Crown Store for some reason prior to console launch.

There is also a Striped Pony Guar pet (I have that too!) that was removed from the Crown Store at the same time as the Bantam Guar (and also the chef and blacksmith outfits, and 2 horse mounts). Not sure why they were removed, but maybe they'll be re-introduced to the Crown Store.

Well that's just console-ist! >:(

I agree! I'd like to see them re-introduced to the Crown Store (still don't know why they removed them in the first place). I only mentioned it to say that they already exist, so could easily be added (back) to the Crown Store. :smile:
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    500 crowns for a monkey pet

I know beta testers got one, so make it 'different' somehow. I'm a Bosmer NB and I need a monkey friend!

1800 crowns for a senche-tiger mount

The actual striped tiger ones.

1800 crowns for an antelope mount

Valenwood has some antelope in it, so an antelope mount could be made with the description that they're a rare and often unseen Grahtwood species. In the real world, there is the male Bongo antelope who has huge horns - which look a ton like the Bosmer symbol - and a super cool coat. Perhaps they could be used as a base.

Yeah...I like the idea of adding other monkeys to the game. My Bosmer has had the beta Monkey as her pet since the beginning - I've never changed it.

As for the striped tiger mount - well...as long as it's not the one awarded as part of the now defunct loyalty reward program, then I'm fine. Like a white striped tiger or something.
    Options
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saber Cat

You mean a Rhojiit, right? :-D

2. Mounted Combat Skill (For Mounts)

I couldn't agree more.

I would also like to be able to teach some tricks to my pet (for example, by feeding my pet like the mount skill lines). For example, there could be pet-based emotes. Or it could be pet-based bonuses.
    Here is a few examples of pet-specific improments which could be nice in my opinion.
    • We could ask our Imgakin to try to lockpick a safebox once or twice a day, hence avoiding the risk of detection for the player.
    • Our cat could bring us dead rats every once in a while, containing some fishing bait.
    • A Dagi companion could venture in a dungeon or climb in a tree and let us see a battlefield from another viewpoint telepathically (is that even a word?) within a small embedded window in a corner of the screen. Or it could detect nearby runestones and somehow highlight them.
    • Our dog could run to a chest and bark when we walk past them without noticing.
    • A soulbug pet like the one featured in the Skyrim Game Jam video could randomly absorb the soul of a dying enemy every once in a while and have a small chance to reload a discharged weapon or reanimate the player once a day.
    • Our goat could inadvertantly cause piles of junks to collapse and stuff to explode in Dwemer ruins, just because it's entertaining. And also, kick an enemy's rear every once in a while during combat, throwing them off balance.
    • Our Dwemer spider could randomly collect and bring us a piece of blacksmithing material every once in a while.
    • A necrotic hoarvor could allow a vampire character to share its stomach's content so as to reduce the vampirism stage without having to feed from an enemy.
    • A gremlin chef pet could bring us a meal once a day.
    • Our Bear cub could bring us some honey and/or insect parts everyday, and on very rare occasions, Ancestor Silk. And, sometimes, bring a bee hive into a fight, dealing nearby enemies a small ammount of damage, similar to one swarm hit by a Spriggan.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
    Options
  • shadow071179
    shadow071179
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf and Vampire Trafelform.

Wolf mount
    Wolf pet.
    Options
  • Eromecno
    Eromecno
    I agree with the floating carpet mount suggestion. That or a broomstick? Also, why not have a giant centipede that could have 4 saddles on it? Then your whole group could ride together!
    Options
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eromecno wrote: »
    I agree with the floating carpet mount suggestion. That or a broomstick? Also, why not have a giant centipede that could have 4 saddles on it? Then your whole group could ride together!

A centipede taxi? LOL.. No
    Options
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    I want mounts, pets and everything else lore friendly, logical, and fits in the world of Nirn.

Either ZOS keep the spirit of ESO and lore, logic of it
    OR
    I walk. ( I know that many others feel the same way.)
    Simple as that.

I know people are WoW trained and ask for stupid stuff that just break the game and I hope ZOS is smart enough to forget about such requests.

New rule, Mounts and pets MUST be Lore friendly and Make sense!
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
    Options
  • Dear
    Dear
    ✭✭✭
    Mount: Echatere

Pet: Crow
    ✉ DEAR | PC-NA | PVE | RP | BETA | NEWBIE | MAIN: MAROON |
      Petite||||||||||||Dual Nightblade|||||Wood Elf ♀||||Tailor and Assassin|||||Neutral Good|||||||Ebonheart||||||| Petite is happily married to Gigantic
      Bride|||||||||||||Storm Sorcerer|||||||High Elf ♀||||||Bored Provisioner|||||||Chaotic Good||||||Ebonheart|||||||| Bride wants to find and marry Groom
      Child|||||||||||||Bowman Knight||||||Wood Elf ♂||||Vampire Mercenary|||||Chaotic Evil|||||||||Dominion|||||||| Child is badly watched over by Adult
      Naive||||||||||||Healer Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Idealistic Shaman||||||||Lawful Good|||||||Dominion|||||||| Naive is a healer companion of Frail
      Maroon|||||||||Flame Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Vampire Alchemist||||||Neutral Evil||||||||||Daggerfall||||||| Maroon likes the color of your blood
      Options
    • MacCait
      MacCait
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      IDEA: Pets that ARE Mounts!

Currently we have pets that follow you around but don't do anything, and we have mounts that are summoned out of thin air only to disapear into thin air again later! We also have huge Senche, Bear, and Guar that appear nowhere else in the game (which never made sense to me).

A cool idea maybe to have a pet that follows you, but then turns into your mount when you summon it! So it follows you about yet serves a purpose... when you go to get on your mount there could be some animation where the pet disapears in a puff of smoke or something and then the larger version is summoned and you ride it.

This would make pets actually look like they serve a purpose, and make a bit more sense for the summoning of mounts.

It would probably be pretty cool looking for most mounts, though maybe not Horses as they are already full size and we have no miniature horses. But think of it, your pet Guar, Senche, or Bear that follows you, only to transform into a full size mount. Upon demounting, it transforms back into a pet.

Probably never happen, but I can dream :)

Thoughts?
      Options
    • Jennifur_Vultee
      Jennifur_Vultee
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      On my VR16 DK I'm wearing a full set of Xivkyn heavy armor, a clannfear mount would look awesome with that.
      "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
      Options
    • 99Mile
      99Mile
      Honestly I am waiting for them to put up a Monkey as a pet.
      Options
    • esp1992
      esp1992
      ✭✭✭
      How about these for Pets...

DOMESTIC
      Dawnstar Husky
      Imperial Bull Mastiff
      White Cat
      Black Cat
      Ebontip Cat
      Nordic Long-Hair Cat
      Blackwood Pig
      White Stornhelm Sheep
      White Highland Goat
      Red and Black Rooster

EXOTIC
      Nordic Winter Lynx
      Red Fox
      Black Fox
      Arctic Fox
      Raccoon
      Alikr Mi'Raj
      Monkey
      Vampire Bat
      Blue Peeper Frog
      Scrib
      MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
      Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
      Options
    • A_Pig
      A_Pig
      ✭✭
      Any Pig!
      Options
    • Krainor1974
      Krainor1974
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Pets:
      Wolf cub
      Vampire bat
      Snake
      Crow
      Spider

Mounts:
      Camel
      Wolf
      Echatere

Edited by Krainor1974 on December 1, 2015 4:40PM
      Options
    • Volkodav
      Volkodav
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Still want that Elk.
      Options
    • catcher51
      catcher51
      Kwivur wrote: »
      I want an Ostrich mount

Different game, but it would have to be named Glenn! :p

A way to see all your mounts and pets would be neat. Lots of the pets are cool, but it just seems like unneeded extra steps to switch them constantly for benefit. This seems like something that'll end up being part of housing though
      EP Dunmer DK Dual Wield - Allamus

"In war there is no prize for the runner-up."
      — General Omar Bradley
      Options
    • Taryf
      Taryf
      ✭✭✭
      just NO to fighting pets.
      It will be a huge step to P2W.

Maybe JUST attack animation but no DMG? I will be satisficed with ANY kind of interaction with pet, but dont make them another fighting skill...
      PS4
      EU
      Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
      Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
      Options
    • Volkodav
      Volkodav
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Taryf wrote: »
      just NO to fighting pets.
      It will be a huge step to P2W.

Maybe JUST attack animation but no DMG? I will be satisficed with ANY kind of interaction with pet, but dont make them another fighting skill...

How about attack pets that are only for distraction.No damage.
      Options
    • CuzImHarley
      CuzImHarley
      ✭✭
      I love to coordinate. So having a matching pet/mount is kinda important in an O.C.D kinda way, can't help it lol :p I would love to have a tiger mount. Would actually pay to have both white and yellow striped tiger. And I'd LOVE to have an unicorn

Mounts
      1. White tiger
      2. Yellow tiger
      3. Unicorn

Pets
      1. Ant thing matching the above list
      AD 810 Templar healer
      AD 810 Magica DK
      AD 810 Magica NB
      AD 810 Magica Sorc
      Options
    • Krainor1974
      Krainor1974
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hoping camel comes with thieves guild
      I like a nice crow , bat , or bird of prey maybe animation where it grabs a small animal
      :D
      Edited by Krainor1974 on January 26, 2016 2:53PM
      Options
    • Abeille
      Abeille
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I want a Wild Boar mount for my Bosmer. The problem is, I don't know how that would work for the other races since the mounts scale with your character's size, so the boars would end up way too big when an Altmer or Nord rode them.

About the Dire Wolf that so many people request, I don't know if we have a wolf big enough to ride in TES. There surely isn't any in any of the TES games I played (but I only played Morrowind onwards). I heard there were Dire Wolves in Shadowkey but I never played or saw a picture of them. Anyway, I do not oppose to them being added, but I would like ZOS to add big wolves to the wilderness before adding them as mounts.

My other characters are fine riding either horses, guars or senche.

About pets, I don't really want any right now. I mean, I'm getting the dog for my Orc this Thursday, but other than that, I'm good. That's because the only pets that would fit some of my characters would be birds, like a crow or an owl, but I wouldn't like to have them if they couldn't land on my characters' shoulders while idle. And I honestly don't think this can be done.

Edit: I would like to see horses of different builds, too. Horses that are not just recolors. There are quite a few different breeds of horses irl.
      Edited by Abeille on January 26, 2016 11:32PM
      Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
      Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
      Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
      Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
      Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
      Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
      Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
      Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
      Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
      Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
      Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
      Options
    • FilteredRiddle
      FilteredRiddle
      ✭✭✭✭
      Mounts
      Black Senche Tiger - the Senche pet pattern, on a mount
      Elk - with massive complex horns, reminiscent of the Bosmer symbol
      Bear - the normal Bear models, and not these weird fat phallic things
      Unicorn - Oblivion throwback ftw

Pets
      Monkey - different from the Beta testers' model
      Snow Fox
      Hawk
      Giant Snake
      Hell Hound
      Raven
      Vale Deer

1. Pets that interact with the world

Give them fighting animations but zero actual damage. Make them reactive, e.g. a dog growling when something aggros to you but has yet to attack. If there is a dog and a cat pet near one another, let the cat hiss and the dog chase the cat around. If you're idle or in your bag, let the dog chase it's tail, or scratch behind it's ear. The bear and the way it interacts with the butterfly was fantastic. However, when 1 person sees the bear doing something, another person may not. Let the animals be phased in such a way that everyone sees the same pet actions, and let the pets simply do and be more.

2. Zone specific mounts

Our current fat stocky horses in The Rift. Camels in Alik'r. Echatere in Wrothgar. Antelope or Deer in Grahtwood. Let there be zone specific mounts, which cost a pretty penny of in-game currency. No more of this pay crowns nonsense. Put cool zone specific mounts in-game and let people spend their gold to have them on the specific purchasing character.

3. Alliance specific mounts

A wamasu (or other dragon-like lizard) for EP, a lion for DC, and a flightless griffin for AD.

4. Mount Dressage

Different mount "costumes" (such as different saddles, face shields, etc) that can be made and attached to mounts like we wear armor. Similar to how our gear looks improve as we level, let the complexity of the dressage improve, dependent upon your mounts level in the 3 skills.
      Xbox One NA
      The Sentinels of Padomay
      Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
      - Jane McGonigal
      Options
    • Sempars
      Sempars
      ✭✭✭
      Anything thats not a damn animal with different skin over and over and over and over and over and over.
      Options
    • A_Pig
      A_Pig
      ✭✭
      Pig is coming soon now, so i'm happy :smiley:

A boar mount now maybe?
      Edited by A_Pig on January 27, 2016 9:42PM
      Options
    • VerboseQuips
      VerboseQuips
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Some mounts and pets that could be nice :smile:

Mounts:
      Durzog
      Bristleback
      Giant Hornet
      Echatere
      Unicorn
      Deer-unicorn
      Undead unicorn
      Rhojiit
      Snow Rhojiit
      Fabricant
      Giant mudcrab
      Giant Snake
      Dire Wolf
      Animated statue of a mount
      Ibex
      Deer
      Elk
      Antelope
      Chamois
      Ox
      Okapi
      Zebra
      Donkey
      Pony
      Beetle
      Dwemer Beetle/ Other Dwemer Animunculus
      Husky-pulled sled
      Spriggan-like vegetal mount
      Skeletal horse/senche/wolf
      Lilmothiit mounting fox
      Mammoth
      Rhinoceros
      Woolly Rhinoceros
      Ostritch/Cassowary/Fellrunner
      Frost Ostritch
      Cocatrice
      Giant Hornet
      Chaurus

Pets
      Squirrel
      Flying Squirrel
      Frog
      Hell Hound
      Death Hound
      Nix Hound
      Ash Hopper
      Wormmouth
      Thorn Gecko
      Soulbug
      Homunculus
      Imp
      Fox
      Snow Fox
      Peafowl/Leucistic peafowl
      Rooster
      Phoenix
      Raven
      White Raven
      Parrot
      Rat
      Skeever
      Baby horker
      Baby Grahl
      Echalette
      Snake
      Winged Snake
      Baby giant wasp
      Dwarf horse
      Dwarf mammoth
      dro-m'Athra cat
      Small Gargoyle
      Ghostly pet
      Spriggan-based vegetal pet
      Edited by VerboseQuips on May 6, 2016 12:56AM
      My characters:
      Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
      Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
      Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
      Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
      Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
      Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
      Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
      Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
      Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
      Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
      Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
      Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
      Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
      Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
      Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
      Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
      Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
      Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
      Options
    • Paazhahdrimaak
      Paazhahdrimaak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm just still hoping for a nix hound.
      Options