Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Writ requirements

Ourorboros
Ourorboros
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Looks like my high level crafter will NOT be doing writs soon. All the writs ask for v15 mats. I don't care if it is a lower amount. It is not cost beneficial to use new mats for writs, at least not yet. I will continue to do writs with my 9/10 crafter.
PC/NA/DC
Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame of this is, to get the mats when farming you have to invest the skill points to max level. Which means those are the only writs your going to get.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Stickleback
    Stickleback
    ✭✭
    I'll probably do the same, run around with my 10/10 but keep a few at 9/10 to do my daily writs.
    EU server / Ebonheart Pact

Vavara - Templar Healer
    Stickleback - DK Tank
    Stickle'back - Sorc DPS
    Chops - NB DPS
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably do the same, run around with my 10/10 but keep a few at 9/10 to do my daily writs.
    Which ofc requires a total skill point reset out of our pockets. Again.
    Just for changing one or two points. Brilliant. Not.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I told all my guildmates that were not stacked with v15 stuff to do a reset and cap their crafting passives at 9 so they could still do writs.
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Is there atleast any better rewards in doing the v15 version writs? If not than that's BS Imo.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Shame of this is, to get the mats when farming you have to invest the skill points to max level. Which means those are the only writs your going to get.

So the crafting mat level is tied directly to the harvesting characters Crafting level, not the zone level or the characters adventure level?

If so that kills crafting for both me and my wife : (
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the crafting mat level is tied directly to the harvesting characters Crafting level, not the zone level or the characters adventure level?

If so that kills crafting for both me and my wife : (

Only in Orsinium, nothing has changed in the other zones or other materials in those zones. OK, Cyrodiil is leveled too.

Edited by Nestor on November 2, 2015 8:18PM

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to patch notes, Cyrodiil was also changed regarding harvesting.
  • LindsC
    LindsC
    ✭✭✭
    So now the level 10 crafting materials are Rubeidite?
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The writs aren't always at vet15.

It should be your next tier down (void) most of the time.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LindsC wrote: »
    So now the level 10 crafting materials are Rubeidite?

They are a mix of L9 and L10 mats. But considering the market price for L10 mats, why use them for a slim chance for a good reward vs. selling them for large amounts of gold.

I will say that new mats may not be as rare as they were in IC. I'm getting lots of ancestor silk items, rubedo leather, rubedite items from drops. There are lots of rapidly spawn mobs, and they are easy to kill...nothing like Craglorn mobs. Resource nodes are scarce, but with the loot drops, that may not be much of an issue.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was about to make a thread about it heh.
    Provisioning writ is asking me to make hearty garlic corn and markarth mead, brwosed through thousands of recipes in several guildstores ... not a single one sold.
    Checked ESOwiki, and its on the list of items, but seems to be incredible rare ... or its just a new recipe that came with orsinium? have no idea where to get those recipes. Theyre green, find it hard to believe after thousands of recipes scrolled (my eyes hurt) not a single one came up.

edit: nvm, just found one in orsinium, v15 recipe
    Edited by Bhakura on November 3, 2015 12:42AM
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering about this topic too. Thankfully, my character is only vr11. I will be holding off on putting those last skill points into my crafting passives for awhile. With the outrageous amount of mats the writs usually require, I don't see how it will be worth doing the highest level writs.

Will the writ rewards be improving?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not at all happy about this change, my questing partner and I are both VR16 but stuck in VR14 gear because Zenimax jacked up the materials 10x from VR15 to VR16. Maybe they could punch us in the guts next time just for laughes. But seriously if I can't even get MY character in proper level armor how am I supposed to do crafting writs. Seems like another ploy to make getting Glass motif fragments even harder to get. I'm getting really sick of Zenimax and I used to be a very big supporter.
    Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on November 3, 2015 6:09AM
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    This is ZOS's way of making crafting an even less rewarding experience. Why would I waste rubidite on the meager rewards of a crafting writ when it takes over 1000 to make a full set of VR 16 armor. All I can say is it is a great way for them to sell more glass motifs on the clown store, because we will see the supply of them dry up in the guild traders. Another boneheaded move from a company that is obviously more interested in milking as much cash out of us rather than making the game more enjoyable.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was worried until I saw the actual writs.

For blacksmithing, clothig and woodworking:

- The writs are "mixed", you only need create one VR15 item.
    - The writs are reduced, along with that one VR15 item you'll only need to create 3 or 4 VR9 items.

The alchemy writs all require Lorkhan's tears, which is a bind. Particularly the one that asks for 3 water plus a potion.

The enchanting ones require VR15 potency, however they also provide them in the rewards so you can deconstruct the reward from one for the next writ.

The provisioning writs were the ones I found hardest. They use rare VR15 green recipes. They can be found in Rawl'ka/Belkarth if you don't have them, but they are VERY expensive. On the plus side I did get one of the recipes as a reward from one of the writs. And I had all the ingredients I needed already - fish, garlic, ginko, ginger, jazbay grapes, cheese, meths and bittergreen so far.

IF you have the DLC then getting materials from Wrothgar isn't a problem, there's tons of stuff all over the place and the surveys in writs provide a lot too.

However, if you don't have Wrothgar then I don't know how you'd cope. Which doesn't seem fair.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

However, if you don't have Wrothgar then I don't know how you'd cope. Which doesn't seem fair.

Seems like crafters more than others are being driven to buy the DLC in order to work at the highest levels. I agree, it smells fishy in Denmark. :'(

PC/NA/DC
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get what you are saying about having to have access to the new DLC…If you don't buy the DLC or subscribe (I sub), which supports the game, then you are going to be out of luck unless you are uber rich gold wise already.

I found 4 of the new green recipes in a few hours just running around the zone, not doing any quests yet, farming and opening (not stealing) backpacks chests… killing some new mobs, getting sky shards, poking around the arena (hadn't tried on PTS so only made it to the 6th one) and generally having some serious fun exploring.

I also found over a hundred raw materials of each new matt (ore, cloth and wood - not leather). Got 13 of the new Ancient Orc crafting dust, even found from harvesting the regular void/nightwood nodes here. Heavy material bags are the bomb.

Not sure why anyone would NOT want to run this zone if they had $20 or so worth of crowns if they don't sub, it is absolutely beautiful and jam packed with goodies. The World Bosses are major events, not just a high HP mob or two. I sound like a shill… sorry.

But, I agree... to say that crafters are being driven to buy the DLC or subscribe is 100% accurate. What did anyone expect? The game to just allow new material/sets/recipes etc… to be available easily to people who didn't buy the DLC? That's just silly.
    Edited by Stonesthrow on November 3, 2015 3:09PM
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Writ tells you to craft one single vr15 item a day. Is this something to complain about?
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree, Wrothgar is a blast. Well worth paying for! I did writs here and got a survey and gold temper. Sure, that won't happen every day, but at 15 mats per writ, it's not that bad. And, yes, there are lots of new mats to be had here, either from nodes or loot decon. I can live with this. :)
    PC/NA/DC
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Writ tells you to craft one single vr15 item a day. Is this something to complain about?

Not at all... I got a few surveys and some decon mats. Nothing much, but nothing too bad.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not so much what the Writs ask for, its that to farm the new materials, you need to set your Mat Level to Max, which means your writ levels are max. So, if you want to farm mats for your gear and do writs for tempers as most of us do, you use up your mats on the writs instead of on the gear you want to make.

Its a Catch 22.

I will ultimately choose to Farm, which means I will no longer be doing writs.

Edited by Nestor on November 3, 2015 3:59PM

• Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see what you mean. Yeah.

I made all 4 of my maxed (50 in all) crafters 10/10 for the hirelings and potential for high nodes when they are questing out here someday. I guess only my main will be doing writs for awhile, instead of all of them. Not a really big deal personally, but I get ya.
  • Kozai
    Kozai
    ✭✭✭
    The enchanting ones require VR15 potency, however they also provide them in the rewards so you can deconstruct the reward from one for the next writ.

Do you routinely get a VR15 potency in the reward? With the lower level ones, you just got a glyph, which even with the deconstruction passives didn't provide a potency rune nearly often enough to keep up. I gave up doing lower level enchanting writs for this reason, I couldn't keep up with the need for potency runes, and mid level ones are hard to find in the guild stores.

• Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    Especially annoyed with the high level provisioning writ (Belkarth)! It is herd enough to get all 7 Psijic Ambrosia fragments, now I have to try and complete a writ that I can not even find the recipe to make it. I have two level 50 Provisioners that can not complete their writs because they do not have the recipe called for in the writ and there is currently no place to be found ATM. So no chance of getting a Psijic Ambrosia fragment any time soon!
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭

The provisioning writs were the ones I found hardest. They use rare VR15 green recipes. They can be found in Rawl'ka/Belkarth if you don't have them, but they are VERY expensive. On the plus side I did get one of the recipes as a reward from one of the writs. And I had all the ingredients I needed already - fish, garlic, ginko, ginger, jazbay grapes, cheese, meths and bittergreen so far.

No need to buy em, if you dont mind thieving you can loot all the v15 recipes in orsinium. After 1-2 hours of looting every house dry alreaady looted several double recipes.
    So its not worth buying therm, waste of money. They will soon be overflooding guildstores just like all other recipes.

• Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was worried until I saw the actual writs.

IF you have the DLC then getting materials from Wrothgar isn't a problem, there's tons of stuff all over the place and the surveys in writs provide a lot too.

Have you or anyone reading this gotten an Enchanting Survey yet?

Curious as to how the 2 potency nodes are putting out…

Side note: I looted 2 "world" potency nodes in Wrothgar for a few level ones before I realized I hadn't bumped up the enchanting passive on that guy >< so there is that… I skipped them after that for the rest of you.
    Edited by Stonesthrow on November 3, 2015 5:32PM
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more writs for me, either; usually did the Alchemy (no Lorkham's Tears in water sources in Orsinium; at least I haven't seen anything but Star Dew), the Enchanting (do you folks REALLY get a Potency rune EVERY time you extract? I don't), and the Provisioning (be awhile before those recipes are found), and not willing to respec and keep skills at 9/10.

Like @Nestor, choose to farm, even though that will be a super long (and possibly in vain with Alchemy solvent) process it seems.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it is something to complain about. Those of us still using VR14 armors because VR16 was out of reach now have to make a choice of saving the materials for gear or using it for writs. Most of us are no longer doing writs until we can get geared finally. And those of us using the writs to get the glass motif fragments are essentially on hold trying to get the hundreds of fragments we need. So again...yes, its something to complain about unless you're already sporting VR16 gear.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morimizo wrote: »
    No more writs for me, either; usually did the Alchemy (no Lorkham's Tears in water sources in Orsinium; at least I haven't seen anything but Star Dew), the Enchanting (do you folks REALLY get a Potency rune EVERY time you extract? I don't), and the Provisioning (be awhile before those recipes are found), and not willing to respec and keep skills at 9/10.

Like @Nestor, choose to farm, even though that will be a super long (and possibly in vain with Alchemy solvent) process it seems.
    You can find a ton of lorkhans tears in dwemer urns, graystone quarry. You get the usual water for your characters level, but if your alchemy is maxed out you have a chance of getting additional lorkhans tears.

Edited by Bhakura on November 3, 2015 6:32PM