The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Azura's NA PC...DC can't win without zerging

GRxKnight
GRxKnight
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title of this thread says, DC is literally the joke of the campaign as they need to have 80+ people at one objective in order to accomplish something. You guys are really killing PvP at this point as fighting 80+ on a nightly basis isn't fun for anyone. Server performance sucks, fights aren't fun, and quite frankly, it's sad to see the only way DC knows how to play is to stick so close together that their balls (if they have any) are touching each other. Are you guys really that pathetic and bad that you need to hold hands with your zerg to win? Here's a thought...spread the f out and take multiple objectives if you have that many groups running. AD and EP do it all the time, why can't you?

And before this turns into a, but AD/EP zergs as well, there have been multiple instances where DC has had the opportunity to spread out, hit multiple keeps on the map, and profit for their faction, but instead decide to ball up in one location and kill performance. So congrats to contributing to the already declining state of PvP
Edited by GRxKnight on November 1, 2015 8:43PM
Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel everyone has their own alliance peek periods when they're the one doing massive zerging. On PS4 NA, AD zergs out of control lol, but maybe they feel the same about my alliance (EP) when we take their stuff. The biggest zergfest i've seen came from DC as well. there had to be 50 players attacking one wall and 50 attacking the other, it was like wtf do we do haha.
  • stoop420
    stoop420
    ✭✭
    All alliances are guilty of this.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course all factions do it.

It feels like a design flaw. Right now you achieve amazing results if entire fricken' faction goes and attacks or defends the same keep. When you have that many players pushing for the same objective, there's just nothing the enemy can do.

Spreading out raids and pugs to attack different keeps, being supposedly tactical, usually ends up in double wipe or only one raid is successful. But cluster up entire faction and maul down keep after keep it's a 100% success rate. There's just no way to loose when you play like that, having capped AoE and massive lag on your side. You cant even place siege, get skills of, oil or use the damn door when 50-100+ enemies blob up and storm a keep.

Sure you can cap back keeps behind them, but why bother doing stressed out PvDoor with no defenders, when the zerg gets it back in a few minutes anyway. Better to just leave the campaign and go somewhere fun.

When one faction starts playing like that, you always see the other 2 dropping rapidly in population, because Cyrodiil becomes unplayable. Another reasons stacking entire faction in one spot = auto win.
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    Of course all factions do it.

It feels like a design flaw. Right now you achieve amazing results if entire fricken' faction goes and attacks or defends the same keep. When you have that many players pushing for the same objective, there's just nothing the enemy can do.

Spreading out raids and pugs to attack different keeps, being supposedly tactical, usually ends up in double wipe or only one raid is successful. But cluster up entire faction and maul down keep after keep it's a 100% success rate. There's just no way to loose when you play like that, having capped AoE and massive lag on your side. You cant even place siege, get skills of, oil or use the damn door when 50-100+ enemies blob up and storm a keep.

Sure you can cap back keeps behind them, but why bother doing stressed out PvDoor with no defenders, when the zerg gets it back in a few minutes anyway. Better to just leave the campaign and go somewhere fun.

When one faction starts playing like that, you always see the other 2 dropping rapidly in population, because Cyrodiil becomes unplayable. Another reasons stacking entire faction in one spot = auto win.

You're either pro 'lets-kill-pvp' or just stating the obvious...I wouldn't think you'd be here replying to this thread if it were the former...yes it's the most efficient way to accomplish stuff on the map, but at what cost? Server performance, FPS drop, lag, inability to do anything. If this keeps up DC won't need to do anything to win the campaign, the population moving to get away from the group(s) responsible will do it for them. Azura's was fun last campaign, and so far this campaign has been far from it. The people know who they are and the guild knows who it is. It's time to man up, separate yourself from the zerg and do something that gives you respect on the battlefield. There's really only two guilds right now on opposing factions that I respect. Haxus and VE because they don't rely on zerging to be effective. Nor do the guilds that I run with. So the question arises, are you a zerger, mindlessly following the horde because you're too inept to do anything else? Because that's most of what DC is nowadays.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    all alliances do it:/
    Edited by Cody on November 2, 2015 2:52AM
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    funny -- looks like we're getting zerged:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/227976/video-chuck-norris-eso-pvp-121-vs-18#latest

(since you want to jump around posting basically the same thing over and over again thought I'd join in for da fun)
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭
    all factions do this

too_much_salt_360.jpg

Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NPK Daniel wrote: »

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/227976/video-chuck-norris-eso-pvp-121-vs-18#latest

(since you want to jump around posting basically the same thing over and over again thought I'd join in for da fun)

Any guild worth their salt has at least one such video that they could put up on these forums and say "Hey we feel your pain since we just got zerged as well" but at the end of the day what does anyone really have to show for it when it's all said and done? Laggy servers, hostile players, and devs that obviously can't give us what they promised.

The sad thing is that on AS (and the OP is 100% correct) the DC are of the hive mentality and can NOT do anything without the entire faction backing them up. It's pretty ridiculous when certain "reject" DC guilds who rerolled (per your ever so eloquent scroll named sorcerer) show up to do some down time action and end up taking objectives on the map while the folks who home there potato into whichever keep your guild is trying to take/defend.

Do you really want to be the 3rd coming of Brandon South Ga? Do you really want to be know as just another zerg guild? I mean you are starting to get his rather dubious reputation amongst the factions.

You can and you should be striving for better! You have the potential....why are you lacking the motivation and or drive to be a leader of change on AS?
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Nightenhowl
    Nightenhowl
    ✭✭✭
    lol
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't complain if zerging is the thing that's being encouraged by the developers themselves.

-AoE caps
    -No more stealth resurrections
    -And a ton of other crap that pretty much pushes the game in favor of zergs
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    QQ

I think if the players in AD actually fought instead of Raging and sending angry msgs to DC, they could potentially win. The 10 minutes of well constructed posts could have been spent running back to a keep.
    Edited by MountainHound on November 2, 2015 11:18AM
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night, I kept crashing as everyone else on the screen would stop moving. So, I decided to count heads as I can still move around. There was 67 bananas in Nickle before it put me in the log in screen so, I would say that there were more as I didn't get the chance to check upstairs. Usually, I get to count the EP.

This is after one DC guild spent the entire afternoon camping in Chal with two full raids despite our loosing the home keeps and both of our scrolls.

My group didn't even get above 16 all day.
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our main group was out fighting the whole time. The emp group of 14 was all that was camping Chal. Which was why that was so frustrating when Harley said that. While she was popping into command saying it was our fault they died, our commanders (which she couldn't hear) where complaining about losing to the zerg too, at the same time.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    attachment.php?attachmentid=821236

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I said this in Mano's thread in the alliance war...if DC doesn't want to stop the zerg mentality and spread out like EP and AD try to do, then so be it. We'll do the same thing they do and see what happens. Hope you all like 3 FPS and 500+ ping because that's what will be the case.

• Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRxKnight wrote: »

I said this in Mano's thread in the alliance war...if DC doesn't want to stop the zerg mentality and spread out like EP and AD try to do, then so be it. We'll do the same thing they do and see what happens. Hope you all like 3 FPS and 500+ ping because that's what will be the case.

So you'll do the same thing AD's been doing the past 3 campaigns?

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I homed on Azura's last campaign and the groups I run in primarily tried to avoid the zerging that goes on. We run capped at 24 because of needing numbers to fight these larger groups. Ideally we run with 16 as it takes more skill to fight in a smaller group than a larger one and frankly it's much more rewarding when you wipe larger groups with your numbers. None of us like that we have to be larger to be more effective it but if it's the only way to beat the strong DC zerg then so be it. I can't speak for the previous 2 campaigns as I wasn't apart of that.
    Edited by GRxKnight on November 2, 2015 3:11PM

• Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I homed on Azura's last campaign and the groups I run in primarily tried to avoid the zerging that goes on. We run capped at 24 because of needing numbers to fight these larger groups. Ideally we run with 16 as it takes more skill to fight in a smaller group than a larger one and frankly it's much more rewarding when you wipe larger groups with your numbers. None of us like that we have to be larger to be more effective it but if it's the only way to beat the strong DC zerg then so be it. I can't speak for the previous 2 campaigns as I wasn't apart of that.

I've been homed in Azuras for the past 6, and here is how it has gone from campaign to campaign:

EP zerg -> EP zerg -> AD shows up with 3 guilds, creates AD zerg -> AD & EP both zerg, DC forms zerg to compete -> AD/EP/DC Zerg -> AD/EP/DC Zerg

The DC on Azuras aren't gonna stop doing this because it was the only answer to even stand a chance against such superior numbers between both enemies. I remember for a while there my favorite time of day was early morning because it was great solo or small scale fights, but then EP started blasting map every morning so I switched to afternoon time. Unfortunately then it became a DC roflstomp because so many DC were on. I'm not even sure when there is a good time to find small scale on AZ anymore.

I personally have no clue how to stop said nonsense (outside of ZOS fixing their game), but I know blasting one specific faction for doing something every other faction does isn't going to do anything.

Edited by Zyle on November 2, 2015 3:21PM

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he's talking about all of DC hanging out at the Chalamo last night because it was the last Emp keep to protect.
  • Dkill
    Dkill
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why we keep accusing each others of Zerging, All factions do it and put it this way good groups dont shoose to run with the Zerg. We go where the action is so the point is everyone would be there, stop the hate and the crying and play the broken game.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on November 2, 2015 9:25PM
    BLUE IS THE ONLY WAY OF LIFE
    Illiana VR16 Red Guard Night Blade DC
    Kinkanon VR16 Breton Sorc DC
    Buquenke VR16 Imperial Templar DC
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dkill wrote: »
    I don't know why we keep accusing each others of Zerging, All factions do it and put it this way good groups dont shoose to run with the Zerg. We go where the action is so the point is everyone would be there, stop the hate and the crying and play the broken game.

Difference is.....the good groups actually START the action that everyone else runs to instead of starting their own action.......they piggy back and (queue cheesy french accent) viola ze zerg is born.
    [Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on November 2, 2015 9:25PM
    It's a very grey area.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

TF is lacking an organized yellow guild, whereas there are plenty of blue and red to compete against. If CN wants to run that way on azura's, just leave em alone and come fight us and haxus on TF :)

I'd love to see a stronger yellow presence, it's just not the same without deci...
  • Dkill
    Dkill
    ✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »
    Dkill wrote: »
    I don't know why we keep accusing each others of Zerging, All factions do it and put it this way good groups dont shoose to run with the Zerg. We go where the action is so the point is everyone would be there, stop the hate and the crying and play the broken game. One more time dont cry because you.............

03bd3ae9b61c9c951172e82713a9e22520ca03cced024d5c89928f6d971ac7dd.jpg

Difference is.....the good groups actually START the action that everyone else runs to instead of starting their own action.......they piggy back and (queue cheesy french accent) viola ze zerg is born.

Sure whatever you say, i think you just don't want to see the big picture here but i can make not miracles and make your blind eyes to see the light once again.
    BLUE IS THE ONLY WAY OF LIFE
    Illiana VR16 Red Guard Night Blade DC
    Kinkanon VR16 Breton Sorc DC
    Buquenke VR16 Imperial Templar DC
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    What you don't find enjoyment out of killing your foe with a gap closer?
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »

Any guild worth their salt has at least one such video that they could put up on these forums and say "Hey we feel your pain since we just got zerged as well" but at the end of the day what does anyone really have to show for it when it's all said and done? Laggy servers, hostile players, and devs that obviously can't give us what they promised.

The sad thing is that on AS (and the OP is 100% correct) the DC are of the hive mentality and can NOT do anything without the entire faction backing them up. It's pretty ridiculous when certain "reject" DC guilds who rerolled (per your ever so eloquent scroll named sorcerer) show up to do some down time action and end up taking objectives on the map while the folks who home there potato into whichever keep your guild is trying to take/defend.

Do you really want to be the 3rd coming of Brandon South Ga? Do you really want to be know as just another zerg guild? I mean you are starting to get his rather dubious reputation amongst the factions.

You can and you should be striving for better! You have the potential....why are you lacking the motivation and or drive to be a leader of change on AS?

Daniel.....here's a clip of what I was speaking to in my self quote..........the EP version of VE getting zerg bombed by your 3 raids at Ash back in June. Also note, that in the clip you took out about 18 folks. So 72 vs 18 and it was a good wipe but did you see us call in raid 2, 3, and 4 to get back at you?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WKhJA6LuPsw[/url]

Edited by Huckdabuck on November 2, 2015 9:10PM
    It's a very grey area.
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Know what, I actually agree with you @GRxKnight.

Just 2 nights ago, the usual DC guild was running around in large numbers. We didn't have Dragonclaw so I prepped it. Announced it in /zone, no one came after 10 minutes so I proceeded to bring down the outer & inner by myself then wait for 20 minutes until EP turned up to defend.

I posted in /zone they were both down multiple times, it was an easy take. They still chose to chase after 2 AD scrolls, causing the usual flip-flop pings.
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • Glarin
    Glarin
    ✭✭✭
    Dude seriously ALL FACTIONS DO IT. DC does it on Azura's, EP does it on True, and AD does it on Haderus. Stop singling out an entire faction. I recall you making a similar post about EP.
    Aldmeri Dominon: Glarin |Dragonknight *** Erìnwy |Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact: Alexandrìte |Dragonknight |Former Emperor *** Oops I Negated Again |Sorcerer |Former Emperor
    Daggerfall Covenant: Eìr |Templar
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is amusing on so many levels. EP and AD zergs are usually twice the size of the DC zergs and now those factions are complaining? We have to use your own tactics to be able to compete. At least, the DC is not organizing the zergs outside of Cyrodil and jumping those who are not homed or guested on the campaign in order to get the numbers. Maybe since the other alliances do such on a regular basis, we should start.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stoop420 wrote: »
    All alliances are guilty of this.

This. Stop blaming other factions for zerging, blame ZOS for encouraging the mechanics or yourself for playing an open world PvP game where there are no rules on how to PvP.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."