The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which class do YOU feel is UNDERpowered?

• Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    Dragon Knights AND Templars are both under powered right now and both need buffed.

And before any one say "oh stamina DKs and bla bla" "stamina DKs" (if you can call them that) just use like 2 or 3 class skills the rest are weapon skills (such as WB spam). Dks need more stamina skills and some of our other skills need un nefred such as reflective scales cause 4 projectiles and 4 seconds is just stupid cause if you are able to reflect 4 projectiles in 4 seconds then the spammer deserves to die.

Side note Molten weapons and it's morphs needs reworked to be more useful. My 2 cents be change it's base to increase heavy attacks by 50% and last 20 seconds. While it's morph Igneous weapons b changed from adding time to the skill to each succesful heavy attack that lands has a 25% chance to cause burning damage and cause "X" ammount of fire damage over 4 seconds. While it's other morph Molten armaments execute damage be changed from 150% to 200%.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on November 1, 2015 7:01AM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    templars - because most of their abilities are not working like the tooltip suggests and thus are underperforming.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Uneed2Stop wrote: »
    I want to hear your opinions on if you think any class is underpowered compared to the rest

Underpowered for what?

Nightblades are underpowered for soloing craglorn and ic, but are one of the best in pvp.

Templars are the ultimate solo class.

Be more specific.

Night blades are awesome in PvE. You mean a weapon power stacked stam NB solo build is crap at grinding mobs.
    PC EU
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    From early-beta player perspective, I actually never thought I'd choose DK as an answer to such question one day.
  • Gern_Verkheart
    Gern_Verkheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    None, all classes are equal having their own strengths and weaknesses
    This is a bad way to ask the question, because it's not a matter of a class on a whole being underpowered, but rather specific builds.

If I were to say that sorcs were underpowered, people would freak out and screem at thier computers "WHAT?! No, that guy is an idiot. If anything Sorcs are overpowered!" mostly because they would be imagining a magicka sorc. But if I say: Stamina Sorcs are underpowered, they would probably agree with me (and rightly so).
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    This is a bad way to ask the question, because it's not a matter of a class on a whole being underpowered, but rather specific builds.

If I were to say that sorcs were underpowered, people would freak out and screem at thier computers "WHAT?! No, that guy is an idiot. If anything Sorcs are overpowered!" mostly because they would be imagining a magicka sorc. But if I say: Stamina Sorcs are underpowered, they would probably agree with me (and rightly so).

Well incase you didn't know ZOS hates stamina users cause rumor is early next year Stamina or something is getting nerfed cause it's "too powerful" right now. Yea ZOS solution to all the WB spam is to nerf all stamina.
  • TheNephilimCrow
    TheNephilimCrow
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at the two votes for Sorcerer... they must not know how unbelievably OP that class is.
    PSN, Youtube & Twitch: TheNephilimCrow
    [NA] ESO EP Guild (GM): The Order of Crows (PvE) - 300+ Members (Discontinued)
    [NA] ESO AD Guild (GM): The Blades of Ayrenn (PvP) - 45 Members (Actively Recruiting)

|:Veteran Rank:|
    VR16 - AD Breton - S&S/Bow Werewolf Stamina Nightblade - Title "Savage Shadow"
    VR 1 - AD Altmer - DW/Resto Magicka Sorcerer - Title "Spellsword"

|:Non-Veteran:|
    LVL 45 - DC Bosmer - Jack of Trades (Master Provisioning, Blacksmithing, etc.)
    Lvl 22 - AD Breton - Templar - Hybrid Build - PvE - Title "The Holy Knight"
    LVL 21 - AD Imperial - Dragonknight - Tank Build (In Progress)- Title "The Copper Knight"
    Lvl 13 - AD Khajit - DW Magicka Nightblade - Title "Mystical Thief"

• eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just class, also build.

Stamina DK's are pretty damn strong and scary. While magicka ones are rock bottom. Stamplars are a complete joke in any kind of PvP situation, while magicka ones in a tanky support/heal role still lifts a group more than any other class.

My list over the underperforming 1v1, weakest to a little less weaker, would be:

1. Stamina templar
    2. Magicka DK
    3. Magicka templar

Just go hang out with duelling guilds, you rarely see any of the 3 class/builds above participate in events. Just a bunch of NB''s and sorc's and the occasional stamina DK.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templars have been the weakest class in this game for PvP since launch when it comes to solo play.
    Just look at the amount of Templars attending dueling tournaments compared to the rest, speaks for itself.

DKs definately needs some love aswell, but they're still better off than Templars ever were.
    Edited by Zinaroth on November 1, 2015 3:55PM
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    dday3six wrote: »
    Speely wrote: »
    dday3six wrote: »
    No vote option really reflects my opinion. I think both DK and ti a lesser extent Templar need to be updated. I don't so much find them underpowered as I find them out of date.

Interesting. I would be interested in some elaboration upon this point if you don't mind. I sort of agree, but would like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

DK was originally designed with dynamic ulimate generation and hybrid builds in mind, but was never fully updated after the removal of softcaps and dynamic ult gen. So I think it's about bringing it up to date with the current state of the game.

For example NB and Magicka Sorc have a lot of overall loadout synergy within their skill kits. DK lacks that overall cohesion (outside of Magicka DK in PVE).

So it's not just about being underpowered and needing larger numbers on skills. It's about giving a more meshed set of skill choices that complement each other.

So true. I have a stam dk and mag nb and my nb generates ultimate like the Hoover Dam generates electicity while my DK takes considerably longer.
  • Gern_Verkheart
    Gern_Verkheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL at the two votes for Sorcerer... they must not know how unbelievably OP that class is.

See, that is what I was talking about here:

Those two Sorc votes could have been thinking of Stamina Sorcs. But you automatically thought of Magicka sorcs. This poll is bad.

Well incase you didn't know ZOS hates stamina users cause rumor is early next year Stamina or something is getting nerfed cause it's "too powerful" right now. Yea ZOS solution to all the WB spam is to nerf all stamina.

That can't be true. They would be resetting the game to horrible state it was in at launch. Back then, because magicka builds were so much more powerful than stamina builds, everyone, and I mean everyone ran magicka builds. Because you pretty much had to if you actually wanted to do anything other than roam around is quest zones by yourself.
    Edited by Gern_Verkheart on November 1, 2015 4:10PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    eliisra wrote: »

Stamina DK's are pretty damn strong and scary. While magicka ones are rock bottom. Stamplars are a complete joke in any kind of PvP situation, while magicka ones in a tanky support/heal role still lifts a group more than any other class.

My list over the underperforming 1v1, weakest to a little less weaker, would be:

1. Stamina templar
    2. Magicka DK
    3. Magicka templar

Just go hang out with duelling guilds, you rarely see any of the 3 class/builds above participate in events. Just a bunch of NB''s and sorc's and the occasional stamina DK.

The more I think of it, the more I am beginning to see that stamina temps are now lacking.

I don't play one and I am not quite sure what happened, but from what I recall this was a pretty good spec in 1.6.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    eliisra wrote: »

1. Stamina templar
    2. Magicka DK
    3. Magicka templar

Exactly this.

• Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar

I don't play one and I am not quite sure what happened, but from what I recall this was a pretty good spec in 1.6.

It was still rock bottom in 1.6, but it was more tolerable since you were able to set up and burst people down with some nasty combinations involving Magnum Shot, Crit Rush and Jabs.

Other builds that relied on heavy burst have been able to adapt, Stamina Templar can't adapt because they lack the tools to outlast because of lousy defensive class abilities and *** class passives which don't prove much sustain compared to all the other classes.

Edited by Zinaroth on November 1, 2015 4:58PM
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    I miss you Magic DK T_T
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    I felt like I really wanted to vote the last option just for how it was worded, but common sense got to me. My shiny new DK needs to be able to survive at least 10 secs in PvP without being laughed to death for being there.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    I choose Sorcerer, because it has the least amount of usefull abilities and passives.

But I think, Templar also needs much love. They have great abilities (functionallity wise) and also some very powerfull passives. But they still perform very bad on their own, while all other classes can perform pretty good on their own. I feel like Templar is the worst when it comes to being indepentend, 1vx.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Dragon Knights AND Templars are both under powered right now and both need buffed.

And before any one say "oh stamina DKs and bla bla" "stamina DKs" (if you can call them that) just use like 2 or 3 class skills the rest are weapon skills (such as WB spam). Dks need more stamina skills and some of our other skills need un nefred such as reflective scales cause 4 projectiles and 4 seconds is just stupid cause if you are able to reflect 4 projectiles in 4 seconds then the spammer deserves to die.

Side note Molten weapons and it's morphs needs reworked to be more useful. My 2 cents be change it's base to increase heavy attacks by 50% and last 20 seconds. While it's morph Igneous weapons b changed from adding time to the skill to each succesful heavy attack that lands has a 25% chance to cause burning damage and cause "X" ammount of fire damage over 4 seconds. While it's other morph Molten armaments execute damage be changed from 150% to 200%.

WTF did i just read?
    Why not give em 100% more dmg on anything they do?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything is overpowered and im a crybaby who needs to L2P and everything should be nerfed
    this option was too good not to click - sorry for corrupting the poll
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Mumyo wrote: »

WTF did i just read?

I was thinking the same O.o what did I just read.
    Molten Armaments is overpowered as hell currently and does not need any buffs.
    My Sorc for example only uses 1 yes, ONE class ability in pve, the rest is non-class abilities. This is because Sorcerer has horrible class abilities.

My Templar bars are filled with 8/10 class abilities. But this is not because they are amazing, but because I can barely survive without. Templar just doesn't work as well with non-class abilities than other classes do.
    I actually think, each class besides Nightblade needs buffs and even reworks here and there.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭

Which ironically made WB even better
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything is overpowered and im a crybaby who needs to L2P and everything should be nerfed
    I tried to resist, but this option... Aaaaaaww...

But as pointed out, yes, the poll doesn't make a diff between magicka and stamina variants, so...
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Instant
    Instant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Mumyo wrote: »

WTF did i just read?

I was thinking the same O.o what did I just read.
    Molten Armaments is overpowered as hell currently and does not need any buffs.
    My Sorc for example only uses 1 yes, ONE class ability in pve, the rest is non-class abilities. This is because Sorcerer has horrible class abilities.

My Templar bars are filled with 8/10 class abilities. But this is not because they are amazing, but because I can barely survive without. Templar just doesn't work as well with non-class abilities than other classes do.
    I actually think, each class besides Nightblade needs buffs and even reworks here and there.

You are so out of date
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    What are we talking about pvp or pve? In PvE I'd rank Magicka DPS as follows; Sorc, DK, Templar, NB. Stamina DPS NB, DK, Templar, Sorc but all of those outside NB could use some buffs. Healers Templar, DK, Sorc, NB. Tanking DK, NB, Templar, Sorc.

In PvP NB and Sorcs are way above the abilities of DKs and Templar. Across the board certain classes are better than others at different roles.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the imbalance you want to DPS Nightblade and Sorcerer clear cut choice. Dragon Knights and Templars how far better staying power.

In what World of logic are Tanks able to both hold off ten players and then kill them one at a time like DK used to do all the time. I never had a problem with DK tanking power but to be able to melt face to have a castle dropped on your head was craziness.

Like at the complaint about Templars and Dragon Knights we have to put points on health for us shields to be strong, how the hell do you want to be Tanky with 3k more health then a glass canon? They don't hit hard but you can take hard hitting attacks like a pro.

Tanks with 20k health and 2.5k damage is low health and semi strong. I made both a Templar and Dragon Knight after Imperial City after running 8 Nightblades of all play styles since beta if you build you tank as a Tank you can wait for it... TANK

My DPS builds on all four classes can DPS, can't heal other people or tank much but great DPS.

My healers can heal. Tanking and DPS is not a strong point but that not why they are there.

The problem with Dragon Knights it that they can't Self heal to 100% in four seconds while tanking 9 people and killing 9 people. Tanks need a role in PvP to be sure but the classes are not weak just the role it self sucks.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Yeah the Nightblade is a beautiful thing
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna say that every class is underpowered thanks to 1.6
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Templar
    ZOS will never be able to fix the class imbalance issues, everything they change will end up in another FOTM stuff 100%
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Guess I'm the only one who can't seem to dominate with a Nightbow.

Good to know it's me and not the class.

... well, not good, per se... since I used to imagine that my skills were bordering on leet. Quite the hit to my self-esteem, right there.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    It really depends on the situation and style of play. I feel most powerful as a sorcerer in 1vx and solo situations. Every class has potential to be strong in 1v1's but templar and dk fall short in 1vX.
    Edited by tist on November 2, 2015 9:01PM