The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

This is just my two cents and I am sure people will not agree.

• Fedaygin
    Fedaygin
    ✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Auction house will destroy guild trader system - shouldn't happen.

It would, and would end the trade guilds.

Not to worry. ZOS is not interested in Auction House, which is the correct decision for this game.

Really? Because I looked it up, and did not see them saying that. I saw At this time, but things can and will change. So I feel like with the console version out and how much feedback was giving about a global ah over the years. Players have a good chance on getting it changed.

Yeah we the Community a.k.a Supporters of the Product have the huge influence to how the product evolves. Just personally hope that Devs won't bow down to all the simplification requests and start Nerf hammering TESO to Uberly Watered Down product. Like happens to so many Mmo's in these days.. Thanks to many wanting effortless watered down gameplay where no thought / work is required for Char lvl progression or any progression in general. So yeah IF Developers do the Right thing and listen the feedback from the Community then it's going to be amazing :) Hopefully balanced listening that is.

Kind regards: Old Mmo gamer and TESO Subber for a long time. Huge Fan of Tamriel ever since Morrowind launched.
    "Recycle, Reduce Single Plastic Use & Use Fabric Groceries Bag. Easy Steps to Help Animals" Follow #WeWantStargate Campaign on Twitter & @BaronDestructo w Details. Play Games & Redeem pts at web stores: https://mistplay.co/Nw5kvzopc2
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSsw2YuVvv004W7gPWDg0xC0kKaX7UFTEoumFPFoKAiWpLTL0UeALYJuF5PcTtKTFF8cunIcC0f3sqD/pub
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to worry. ZOS is not interested in Auction House, which is the correct decision for this game.

Really? Because I looked it up, and did not see them saying that. I saw At this time, but things can and will change. So I feel like with the console version out and how much feedback was giving about a global ah over the years. Players have a good chance on getting it changed.

This is what ZOS says when they say "No" about topics like these:

Leavey: "It's not something that we plan on considering. While global auction houses would be convenient, they're not ideal for the economy of the game, so it's not something that we're planning to do."

Bruno: "Nope, sorry."

Leavey: "That was the nicest way I could say it."

Bruno: "Just to put it to rest."

Leavey: "Yeah, we are not planning on it."

This was an "end of discussion" type of statement.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Leavey: "It's not something that we plan on considering. While global auction houses would be convenient, they're not ideal for the economy of the game, so it's not something that we're planning to do."

And things like that can still change, what Developers say now does not mean they won't have a change of heart in the future. We seen it happen before as mmos get older and things can change. There is no end of discussion when it comes to the nature of mmo, and what players desires. A developer can close his or her ears and chant la la la all they want with that feedback, but that does not mean that players should not talk, and still ask for it. As it is a huge matter when it comes to mmos and I would go as far as to say hinders some end game elements for players.

So I take with ZOS says right now with a grain of salt. As any developer worth a cent in today market will be willing to listen to feedback and change thing base off that feedback. They won't get far with a hard headed stance. As we warned them in the beta. (and a lot of it came true.) They are getting a big second chance, so this feedback be it good or bad is key for a better future.
    Edited by rager82b14_ESO on November 1, 2015 2:58AM
  • Rust_in_Peace
    Rust_in_Peace
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO was marketed from day 1 as a game with a heavy focus on pvp. If you can't come to terms with that then maybe this isn't the game for you.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And things like that can still change, what Developers say now does not mean they won't have a change of heart in the future. We seen it happen before as mmos get older and things can change. There is no end of discussion when it comes to the nature of mmo, and what players desires. A developer can close his or her ears and chant la la la all they want with that feedback, but that does not mean that players should not talk, and still ask for it. As it is a huge matter when it comes to mmos and I would go as far as to say hinders some end game elements for players.

So I take with ZOS says right now with a grain of salt. As any developer worth a cent in today market will be willing to listen to feedback and change thing base off that feedback. They won't get far with a hard headed stance. As we warned them in the beta. (and a lot of it came true.) They are getting a big second chance, so this feedback be it good or bad is key for a better future.

I seriously doubt that they will be rolling out an auction house any time over the next several quarters (or years). For all intents and purposes, the guild traders are here to stay and there will not be an auction house. There is simply too much new content to develop and they are not going to want to spend money to do an auction house when they have so much content that they can sell for money. People would not be very tolerant of such a decision, especially if it delays some new zone.

You can use all the salt you want, if it makes you happy while you play the game. :wink:
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I seriously doubt that they will be rolling out an auction house any time over the next several quarters (or years). For all intents and purposes, the guild traders are here to stay and there will not be an auction house. There is simply too much new content to develop and they are not going to want to spend money to do an auction house when they have so much content that they can sell for money. People would not be very tolerant of such a decision, especially if it delays some new zone.

You can use all the salt you want, if it makes you happy while you play the game. :wink:

I kinda figure you had a smartass remark with how you did your post You proved it with that last remark. Since I know your types so well, and you think things will always go your way, or that they won't make a change that would get supported by many players who been asking for it for years. Heck even a website was made at one point design to give it to players if you think that it could not be changed at all. I got one thing to say for you. Welcome to ignore, because me getting the last word, I know your type really hates that. Have that extra salt buddy.
    Edited by rager82b14_ESO on November 1, 2015 3:19AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda figure you had a smartass remark with how you did your post You proved it with that last remark. Since I know your types so well, and you think things will always go your way, or that they won't make a change that would get supported by many players who been asking for it for years. Heck even a website was made at one point design to give it to players if you think that it could not be changed at all. I got one thing to say for you. Welcome to ignore, because me getting the last word, I know your type really hates that. Have that extra salt buddy.

The last remark was just intended to be a little levity, playing on your "grain of salt" comment. Don't take it personally. That is why it is followed by a wink.

Edited by Elsonso on November 1, 2015 3:25AM
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't mind small scale pvp, but only if ZOS isn't going to balance classes around small scale pvp. Otherwise - no.

Couldn't care less for DB and Thieves guild.

So losing the guild trader system a bad thing for the game?

I believe it is.

Could you explain why? Some people might not like the change, but would people quit over a system that is more user friendly? If someone is willing to hate the game because of this change, I question what about the many other things the game offers?

Because an Auction House would completely destroy any semblance of economy this game has. Case in point: Diablo III's poor implementation. People are just going to consistently undercut anyone who has a fair price until the market is flooded with cheap stuff.

Which is obviously the goal for everyone in favor of an auction house. To not have to pay more than 100 gold for a rare or hard to find item.

• AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    auction house woukd destroy guild trades though

Good. competition is good for the economy.
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like all of it, except for the auction houses.
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Arthur_Spoonfondle
    Arthur_Spoonfondle
    ✭✭✭✭
    AFrostWolf wrote: »

It is high time we had a global auction house. Most of the players who don't want one are likely to be the small minority successfully exploiting the current system for huge financial gain and hogging the best trader sites. A global AH puts everyone on an equal footing and makes it a great deal easier to find things when you want to buy something, especially rare items. As for the prices that items sell for in an AH, simple supply and demand will dictate that.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    The sooner ZOS just abandons PVP the better.

PVPers are narcissists in the broader scope and will never, ever, lobby for anything that isn't detrimental towards 99% of the rest of the players in the game.

Want to see your game die? Focus on PVP.

Really, I am a hybrid player and play both PvE and PvP, and enjoy both, but enjoy PvP more as its a real breathing human being you are pitting your skills and wits against, that trumps any of the same boring hardmode trials any day of the week for me personally.

This game has different types of players who play it, it is not just for you, remember that.

And the irony of your statement is truly the lolz btw.

I sense butthurt from possibly being killed by a PvPer or worse a PvEer and you probaby have no idea how to play.

Narcissist players exist in PvE too, way more elitist players in PvE than in PvP.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    The sooner ZOS just abandons PVP the better.

PVPers are narcissists in the broader scope and will never, ever, lobby for anything that isn't detrimental towards 99% of the rest of the players in the game.

Want to see your game die? Focus on PVP.

...sure. Like Counter Strike, Battlefield,...

OK, on a more serious spin:

For one, PvP is an attempt to bring the Egoshooter kids to the MMO boat. This can work out. And it needs some focus. PvP as a mere afterthought stitch-on doesn't float...

Next, PvP (-balancing) at significant cost for the PvE community will alienate many a PvE-player. Difficult to ride the ragged edge of disaster, but IMHO not impossible...

Third, PvP as an obligatory part of the game, irreplaceably necessary for top notch gear and char progression, will lead to even more alienation. There are certain compromises that are possible - getting through a PvP zone to PvE objectives e.g. - but you shouldn't force it upon PvE players to get good at PvP. This can be a matter of ISP quality, hardware, preference or age that makes people refrain from PvP, and not respecting that will only lead to people not staying. Also you shouldn't treat kills acquired in the PvEer-ganking the same as full-fledged PvP-fight kills.

On the other hand, overly focussing on PvE will lead to PvP where exploits run rampant, the bully gangs will form, and push many a hopeful out of PvP entirely. It does need some oversight to keep the balance...

...just coming from a game where both parts went to shambles...

Um CS/Cod and BF are FPS games and nothing to do with MMOs at all, in fact most woud not even be seen dead playing MMOs, I am a exception to the rule and a few here are too.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeula wrote: »
    Thieves guild is the next DLC, so it's coming next quarter, just so you know.

My money is on Dark Brotherhood in first quarter.

It's already been confirmed thieves guild is first. They said so at the end of their latest meet the character article on the front page.

Money please :tongue:
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • jpatek0501ub17_ESO
    jpatek0501ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Orchish wrote: »
    Quite a toxic PvE crowed this game has going by some of the posts in here.

Can't quote this enough.

Quite toxic PvP crowd here as well.

Guys really? ESO is Toxic, and corrupted all the PvP/PvE Players.

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand that, but a necessary evil for a better overall mmo experience is choices developers have to make at times. Trust me on that one. My main Idea and details chart has seen better times.

What about the middle of the road, we keep the guild vendors but have a way to see what all vendors are offering in one place, yes this not perfect, because vendor location would no longer mean anything, but having a central spot or two around the map to view what is offered, they could do it game wide or regional, I think this would at least give the feel of an auction house, let the trade guilds still have their vendors, without completely having a traditional AH. I doubt ZOS is going to make any changes, in fact I think I have heard say nothing is planned.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFrostWolf wrote: »

It is high time we had a global auction house. Most of the players who don't want one are likely to be the small minority successfully exploiting the current system for huge financial gain and hogging the best trader sites. A global AH puts everyone on an equal footing and makes it a great deal easier to find things when you want to buy something, especially rare items. As for the prices that items sell for in an AH, simple supply and demand will dictate that.

There is a much larger dynamic in the ESO economy than would be available in a one-stop Amazon.com arrangement like an auction house. Prices and trends vary by trader and city. People can still sell for whatever they want, be it crazy high or crazy low. Prices in one guild can be going up while prices in another guild are going down. Crazy low prices are not snapped up instantly by auction house players and relisted for more gold, which actually works in favor of the rest of the players. I can go to guild traders and find stuff that is cheaper (and more expensive) than what is selling in my guilds. Trade players who buy low and sell high need to work for their gold, they don't just get to run an add-on that scans the auction house.

People forget that the guild trader system is more than a player trading system. If ZOS was just interested in allowing players to trade, it would have been a whole lot easier to just have a trade chat and no guild traders or auction house. A main purpose of the trade system is to skim gold out of the economy, and the guild traders do that very well. An auction house would need to skim the same amount of gold. Auction houses, as people have noted, tend to drive prices down due to easy competition. This would reduce the gold sink ability of the auction house, so ZOS would have to put steep taxes and fees into the auction house to keep prices artificially high so that enough gold was removed from the economy. This would not sit well with players, I am sure.

So, I am all about fixing the guild trading system, not replacing it. What ZOS needs to do is add a flexible number of traders. They have the same number of traders on every platform, for every megaserver. The population and economy on these megaservers are not identical, yet they are serviced by the same number of traders. ZOS needs to be able to customize this system per megaserver.
    What about the middle of the road, we keep the guild vendors but have a way to see what all vendors are offering in one place, yes this not perfect, because vendor location would no longer mean anything, but having a central spot or two around the map to view what is offered, they could do it game wide or regional, I think this would at least give the feel of an auction house, let the trade guilds still have their vendors, without completely having a traditional AH. I doubt ZOS is going to make any changes, in fact I think I have heard say nothing is planned.

One of the reasons that the guild trader system works as a system is that there is separation between the different trader locations. This separation acts to slow down information that travels between locations, which allows the independent locations to set prices and stock without having to know or worry about what is being sold everywhere else. Prices are free to trend up and down locally. Information about these local trends does not immediately become available everywhere in the game, which slows down the reaction in other market areas. This tends to stabilize the rate at which prices change.

EDIT:
    Thieves guild is the next DLC, so it's coming next quarter, just so you know.

My money is on Dark Brotherhood in first quarter.

It's already been confirmed thieves guild is first. They said so at the end of their latest meet the character article on the front page.

Money please :tongue:

Dag nabbit! :smile: It certainly does sound like Thieves' Guild is next, or they are taking a whole quarter off of the Meet the Character, which sounds unlikely. Well, this is a ray of hope for the Justice System Pt 2. I wonder if Justice PVP is still in the plan.
    Edited by Elsonso on November 1, 2015 1:35PM