The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ORSINIUM, first impressions (should you buy the DLC?)

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrGrimey wrote: »
    I can't buy Orsinium out of principle after how I feel like I got scammed after buying the IC DLC.

Well,your loss,my friend. :}
    (not said unkindly)
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Last patch on pts was 6.7gb and IC was 10gb. So pretty safe to say it will be around 10gb and take me 2 days to download on *** Australian adsl.
    I moved to the UK because I was tired of the limited crappy, expensive Internet that was available in Australia. Is it still no better?
    Thanks for providing the numbers for the patch too.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Last patch on pts was 6.7gb and IC was 10gb. So pretty safe to say it will be around 10gb and take me 2 days to download on *** Australian adsl.
    I moved to the UK because I was tired of the limited crappy, expensive Internet that was available in Australia. Is it still no better?
    Thanks for providing the numbers for the patch too.

Odd. Here in New Zealand, kept hearing about our third world'' internet. Yet last weekend, did a fresh install as in downloaded the game plus all updates on adsl. Took 7 hours.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Odd. Here in New Zealand, kept hearing about our third world'' internet. Yet last weekend, did a fresh install as in downloaded the game plus all updates on adsl. Took 7 hours.
    7 hours isn't too bad. I haven't lived in Australia for a while, but the quality and restrictions were terrible on the Internet there. If you wanted more than, say, 25GB a month, you'd have to pay a hell of a lot more. Once you went over that you'd generally get slowed down to dialup speeds.
    In the UK everything was unlimited and 20x faster. Not to mention cheaper.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    phairdon wrote: »
    7 hours isn't too bad. I haven't lived in Australia for a while, but the quality and restrictions were terrible on the Internet there. If you wanted more than, say, 25GB a month, you'd have to pay a hell of a lot more. Once you went over that you'd generally get slowed down to dialup speeds.
    In the UK everything was unlimited and 20x faster. Not to mention cheaper.

Was like that in the past in this country too. Unlimited data these days (for a couple of years now). Going fibre next year, 1.5gbps.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good video, I like more to see videos with the personal opinion of the people than notices narrated by big magazines.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your positive comments guys!
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    Thanks for your positive comments guys!

You are welcome lass, watched your vid on Orsinium earlier, very informative:}
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am aware this is an old thread.

It has been some time since the release of the Orsinium DLC, and there is a new one knocking at the door, so I would like to talk about the playability or entertainment of that Orsinium by adding a factor of time.

Early playability:

Covered by @Elloa in the original post, generally a positive experience.

Medium-term playability:

Even after the initial impressions, an average player still had a lot to do in Orsinium either by doing dailies, honing their skills in Maelstrom Arena, finishing the great quest line or completing the achievements.

Achievements - A very positive experience, they are not instant and some really need to be earned. Just recently I finally caught the Epic fish completing almost all the Orsinium achievements (damn you Flawless Conqueror!). Orsinium Patron, One Last Brawl, Hooking Wrothgar's Biggest Catch and Hero of Wrothgar will keep you occupied for some time, and even grant you some nice costumes for it. Feels rewarding.

Farming - For the first time farming materials and chests didn't feel much of a grind and felt really profitable. It was the first time the game rewarded you for being a max crafter. Also, chests became something worthwhile to pick because of the chance for an Orsinium item set.. Any other map, I would pass right past a chest.

Long-term playability:

Some people raced through Orsinium content, some took their time, but in the end everybody was left with just a few repeatable content:

Maelstrom Arena - This is the only reason I am considering purchasing the DLC. Some people might have cleared vMA in the first week and farmed it since, but the vast majority of players took a long time to learn and beat the arena. The prolonged playability of this content is mostly tied to it's difficulty and the fact the best weapons are only obtainable by completing it. Some may argue that hard difficulty is a poor way of proloning content but I am very happy with the longevity of DLC group dungeons and solo arena. Although it just might be that gear and weapons are the only reason this content has any longevity.

Wrothgar daily bosses - This is a very nice way for prolonging content longevity, and yet again, only because it is worthwhile (bound sets). People are doing dailies to this day, and Wrothgar is always packed with people running around killing bosses.
    However, ZOS should really reconsider quest objectives for future DLCs. Some quest objectives are really group friendly, while others are not. Killing mobs for Meat for the Masses is not a bad example because you can collect that meat from almost all mobs all around Wrothgar. Collecting Pages from Ogres however is tedious. Not as tedious as rescuing prisoners for the King Chief Edu's quest. Long respawn times combined with players that do not care for anyone but themselves killing quest mobs before anyone else even gets near. Not to mention disbanding a group. Why is a "disband group" option even implemented? Is it really necessary?

Verdicht

It is a really nice DLC, anyone should at least try it via the ESO+ but apart from the Maelstrom Weapons, I don't see much longevity in this region. Sure, they will add style motifs in the Wrothgar boss dailies prolonging that content for a couple of months but after that you are left only with vMA farming.
    And some people already have their desired Maelstrom weapon so I guess those people won't be visiting Wrothgar anymore.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well made guide, @Elloa , very informative as well in wording and visual content. Your english has improved a lot and is more fluent than ever before while still having this special french charm to it. Don't take this as flirting though, I am happily partnered already, but I want you to know, that I appreciate your video in all of it's aspects, content and presentation.
    Edited by Lysette on February 12, 2016 3:18PM
  • darkdivideb16_ESO
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Farming - For the first time farming materials and chests didn't feel much of a grind and felt really profitable. It was the first time the game rewarded you for being a max crafter. Also, chests became something worthwhile to pick because of the chance for an Orsinium item set.. Any other map, I would pass right past a chest.

Unless your an enchanter, where farming V16 potency runes makes a korean grindfest look like fun by comparison.
  • urkonse
    urkonse
    ✭✭✭
    i love orsinium. tought i think i want TG & DB dlc even more
    Lightning guild is recruiting active players at any level & skill ( PS4 , EU)
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »

Unless your an enchanter, where farming V16 potency runes makes a korean grindfest look like fun by comparison.

True that.
    urkonse wrote: »
    i love orsinium. tought i think i want TG & DB dlc even more

I would like it if TG brings something interesting but I am skeptical.

If on the other hand they improved the Justice System they way they planned it, I would not think twice to buy it.
    Edited by Dubhliam on February 12, 2016 7:33PM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<