The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ORSINIUM, first impressions (should you buy the DLC?)

Elloa
Elloa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello everyone, this is my last latestVideo-Guide
5pa2H6N.jpg
Click on the image!

Everything you need to know regarding Orsinium, the second DLC developed by Zenimax for The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited.
I'm describing with details all aspects of the DLC and concluding if this DLC could be something that you want or not.
This is more than first impressions.

The discussion is illustrated with my own footage and some official trailers from Zenimax. I'm playing with template characters and copied character of my Breton Templar Caster/healer (Vet14 - Vet16), Khajiit Dragonknight Archer (lvl 35-41) and Nord Nightblade barbarian (lvl7)

#1 Overview (3:17)
#2 Battle-level (4:39)
#3 Environment (6:50)
#4 Stories (10:15)
#5 Group Content (13:41)
#6 The Maelstrom Arena (16:03)
#7 Conclusions (23:29)
Edited by Elloa on October 31, 2015 6:19PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're against ESO plus then buy but I think ESO plus is the best value as you get the crowns anyways so 60 days worth covers any DLC if you decide to buy later
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As always, thanks for your great work, Elloa.
    I really appreciate your opinion and videos.
    With your recommendation for story players,
    I am looking forward even more to Orsinium.

However, I really hope this is not your "last" guide.
    Please let it just be your "latest" guide. <3

Edited by BalticBlues on October 31, 2015 5:11PM
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're against ESO plus then buy but I think ESO plus is the best value as you get the crowns anyways so 60 days worth covers any DLC if you decide to buy later

What I did for IC was sub. for 2 months then cancel and bought the DLC. Right now though I will be passing on Orsinium. With its focus on only single player rpg and about the only thing being replayable is the single player arena my money went to another MMO's expansion where I received a ton more features, content and playability for the cost.

Down the road I may pick it up, but unless some sizable content is added to the game that makes this game feel like a MMO (group content, etc.) then I will be on autopilot with this game for a while.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your video was awesome! thank you for this made me smile and i loved it.
  • phillyproduct
    phillyproduct
    ✭✭✭

Some1 has a brain sub as long as your playing when you stop take a brake... Come back buy new dlc with crows from previous sub rinse repeat
    CP-750 orc nighblade ebonheart NA
    Dark elf sorc ebonheart
    Orc templar
    Dark elf Dragon knight
    Redguard warden

Vet CoA saved the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S616Dhc2Yu4
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for creating and posting this video, @Elloa! I've never seen any footage of Orsinium by now because I wanted to wait until it's out, but somehow I couldn't resist to play the video... I'll definitely buy it! This is exactly what I was waiting for so long :) Thanks again^^
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got as far into the video as "it might not be everyone's cup of tea" and then I had to go and get a cup of tea :p

Also I got worried that the video may contain Orsinium spoilers, and I've been avoiding those (and the PTS) so that I can have my first play through on live be "fresh". I'll come back and watch the video after I've gone through Orsinium on one of my characters though.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Too many other games and DLC that offer more content for the money.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im in the same boat as at @UrQuan dont want to spoil anything :) and also hope this isnt your 'last' video @Elloa, sad to see more long time community members on the outs if thats the case
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think she meant her last video guide pre Orsinium release?

Cause otherwise I'm confused, "this is polished and well done, I really like it so...." /ragequit! ??
    Edited by nimander99 on October 31, 2015 6:13PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for clearing that up @nimander99 ... too skiddish to watch the video yet, yet, on 11/3 i will :)
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah no worries guy, its my LATEST. In French we only have "Last" (dernier) for both meaning, so I'm often doing this mistake. Sorry!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for clearing that up @nimander99 ... too skiddish to watch the video yet, yet, on 11/3 i will :)

Tis what I'm here for ;)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this Elloa. Very detailed and informative as usual :)
    FYI, I like your hair. You've got a Bellatrix Lestrange thing going on and it works!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant watch vids at work, anyone care to sum it up for me? I wanna know... :(
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant watch vids at work, anyone care to sum it up for me? I wanna know... :(
    There was a fair bit. She broke it up into 6 parts which made it easier to take in.

Basically this DLC looks more polished than any other content in the game.
    It's a battle levelled zone, so you can be like a level 7 and still tackle the content.
    The quests and stories were extremely engaging.
    While it's possible to group up in certain areas, for the most part it's solo based.
    Scenic views, loads of detail in every area (even more furniture in buildings). Some characters have their own animations to bring them to life a little more.
    All in all, if you enjoy exploration and casual PvE, it's the DLC for you. If you're a hardcore PvEr that doesn't enjoy questing and storylines, you have to decide whether it's worth it just for the Maelstrom arena. Though there is 2 new dungeons as well.

That's what I got out of it anyway.
    Edited by Alucardo on October 31, 2015 7:00PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    Yeah no worries guy, its my LATEST. In French we only have "Last" (dernier) for both meaning, so I'm often doing this mistake. Sorry!
    When I saw you say "last" I instantly thought hmm, that French is going to cause a little confusion :)
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every time I listen to Elloa (only twice), Manon from Medal of Honor keeps popping into my head.

302apva.jpg

Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    NobleNerd wrote: »

What I did for IC was sub. for 2 months then cancel and bought the DLC. Right now though I will be passing on Orsinium. With its focus on only single player rpg and about the only thing being replayable is the single player arena my money went to another MMO's expansion where I received a ton more features, content and playability for the cost.

Down the road I may pick it up, but unless some sizable content is added to the game that makes this game feel like a MMO (group content, etc.) then I will be on autopilot with this game for a while.

Same for me. WIth only 2 vet dungeons available for challenging group content and nothing on the horizon, I am quitting for a few months. I hope ZOS gets paid on their gamble that all these people want more single player content. I know me and at least 5 of my friends will be taking a break until the next DLC is out.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love it! It isnt too easy,nor is it so hard you cant get the quests done.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would buy Orsinium even if everyone said it sucks, and not because my main is an Orc :p
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • LeoTheBatiamigo
    Can't wait to traverse the land of the orcs
    GamerRKO - PS4 - NA - EP
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I need to know about Orsinium is how many gigabytes of data I'll have to download on Monday, when I won't be using it, since I'm not a sub :|
    Edited by Gargath on October 31, 2015 9:39PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    All I need to know about Orsinium is how many gigabytes of data I'll have to download on Monday, when I won't be using it, since I'm not a sub :|

There's more to the patch than just Orsinium...
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't buy Orsinium out of principle after how I feel like I got scammed after buying the IC DLC.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be also Dernière Volonté.
    ;)
    Edited by F7sus4 on November 1, 2015 9:30AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whew...I think you stoping your vids has a greater impact than bad game features....I'm a fan!
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    The official statement from Zenimax was that the Orsinium update will be "quite large".

I hope that helps.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always thought Oswolf is the most charming french ESO player but, now, I must confess: Elloa ist the most charming french ESO player <3

Edited by Francescolg on October 31, 2015 11:24PM
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last patch on pts was 6.7gb and IC was 10gb. So pretty safe to say it will be around 10gb and take me 2 days to download on *** Australian adsl.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs