The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hireling question

LindsC
LindsC
✭✭✭
Hi, I was wondering if you could only have one hiring per toon?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LindsC wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if you could only have one hiring per toon?

You can have hirelings for each craft you are learning, except alchemy, which has no hireling. So each toon could have 5 hirelings if all crafts are being learned.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can have a hireling for every available craft on a single character.
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    There are 5 available from the Crafting skills, all of them except Alchemy.

And you can have all 5 of them on a single character, provided that you train those skills sufficiently to unlock the Skipp Point expenditures and allocate 1-3 Skill Points in each crafting skill.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please do not tar and feather me and send me to Cyrodiil without any weapons, but I was wondering if the majority of players create their hireling alts in the same faction or if they try to have them spread over all three? Just personal preference or does it really make a difference?

I have 3 alts, one in each faction, and wondered if I should of just stuck with one, such as Ebonheart. If this has been answered numerous times I apologize....
    Edited by Lixiviant on October 29, 2015 10:53PM
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hirelings are not affected by alliance, only skill points and clock.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have hirelings in multiple alliances because the crafter characters that hold them would eventually be leveled to play in other alliances.
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Hirelings are not affected by alliance, only skill points and clock.

Good to know..ty!
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    I have hirelings in multiple alliances because the crafter characters that hold them would eventually be leveled to play in other alliances.

Thanks for the reply....I'll continue with the same thought as how you are set up...thanks!
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful when you create a character for the purpose of hirelings, as you might want to lvl it up and play with it in the future. If you make it in a faction where you don't have many friends or guilds, and you have the crafting skills maxed ..you can still delete it and make one in the faction you play mostly in though.

• wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also be sure to read the messages your hireling sends....funny stuff, worth the few seconds to read
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you get the ruby materials from hirelings?
    I up'd my skill points to 10/10 for all crafting and i've only gotten some improvement materials like tempers and resins.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I up'd my skill points to 10/10 for all crafting and i've only gotten some improvement materials like tempers and resins.

Aye you do, but max out the 3 points in hirelings for each, and you will, RNG permitting get some in mails.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you get ruby, generally in small amounts but I have gotten as much as 10 wood once.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @SHADOW2KK and @Jennifur_Vultee

I've only had the skills maxed for a couple days... so i have prob just had bad luck so far :confused:
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks @SHADOW2KK and @Jennifur_Vultee

I've only had the skills maxed for a couple days... so i have prob just had bad luck so far :confused:

Welcomes matey, good luck hehe, RNG is affy fickle sometimes:D
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access