The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Undaunted Shoulder Pieces

NoMaassPliz
NoMaassPliz
✭✭
Noob question - does the daily silver have a chance at dropping the shoulder pieces? If so, are the chances just abysmally low?

I'm a newly-minted VR16 (XB1 AD). I run silvers most days with some friends, but I find it's hard to get a good PUG for gold keys if you're unfamiliar with the content, as people seem to get very impatient or just flat won't run with you, even if you're listening and following instructions.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there is a chance.

And yes, the chance is indeed abysmally low, at least in my personal experience. I got one shoulder piece in about 40 or so silver keys that I used. I know people who have gotten much better drop rates from silver, though. The drop rates from gold is far better. About 1-in-3 in my personal experience.

I don't know how it is on consoles, but there are a lot of VR16s on the PCs who group up with low-level VRs to do the dungeon at a low scaling if they don't feel confident about the vet dungeons. I saw a lot of them back when my low-level VRs went looking for PUGs. Ideally, you would've started trying the vet dungeons at VR1 and by the time you hit VR16, you would've had enough practice and experience to master both the dungeons themselves as well as how you play your build. It's a good way to tune your build (I made several drastic changes to my build from VR1 to VR16, largely from the learning experience of the harder content). But, as they say, better late than never. Be open to the idea of changing and evolving your build as you spend time with the vet dungeons.

Also, I used to look for PUGs around the same consistent time each day, and after a couple of weeks, I got to know a lot of the other people who do pledges at around that time. These days, I'm always running with the same group--people that I originally met in PUGs each day--and we clear both pledges at VR16 in 40-50 minutes total each night.
    Edited by code65536 on October 28, 2015 4:37PM
    Options
  • NoMaassPliz
    NoMaassPliz
    ✭✭
    thanks @code65536. I hear you on trying from earlier levels, I just always got so turned off by the groups I was with. I'll keep giving the PUGs a shot I guess.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my own experience, the drop rate on Monster set shoulders from Silver Keys are 1/3 - 2/3 of whatever the drop rate is for Gold Keys.
    With a V16 character:
    Gold Key - V16 Purple
    Silver Key - V16 Blue
    Edited by Vaoh on February 19, 2016 10:31AM
    Options