Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please make IC access restricted in some conditions, in all campain

• contact.opiumb16_ESO
    altemriel wrote: »
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Just like you, I also pay ZOS to play the game and have the same amount of right to play PVE or PVP content in Cyrodiil or IC. I do not always PVE in the PVP zones, but I do prefer PVE over PVP more often than not.

But with this *** content, you are blocking us.

Ultimately it's on ZOS for caving in the first place.

The problem is that people purchased it for open access, when if ZOS had just stuck to their guns and advertised it as gated access none of this *** would be happening.

The thought that you shouldn't have to PvP if you don't want to in the PvP zone blows my *** mind.

I do PVP (fight off gankers, small one on one duels) if I need to, however, that is not my goal or purpose going there -- it is for PVE (questing, cave delving, skyshards hunting, etc). Why am I forced to join a zerg* to take back a fort (forced content)? Yes, I know that I have to (or chance of) doing some PVP in a PVP zone, BUT it does NOT mean I have to go looking for PVP.

*zergs can be fun too, but I get burn out on them real fast if I do it to much. I can not use voice chat, but some zergs forced players to used that. That is no fun to be left in the dark, not knowing what the group is doing or anyone is talking to you in group chat.

So do you really say you do go in pvp zone but you don't want to pvp !? You know a PVP zone purpose is to pvp right ?

what he is saying, and I fully agree with him is I wanna go to the IC, but not fight hours in Cyrodiil to get the keeps. Why should I be forced to fight in Cyrodiil???? I have bought the IC DLC, I have to have full access to it any time!!!! forcing me to fight in Cyrodiil is non-sense. I wanna have full access to IC any time!!! got it??

Please ZOS, do not make ALL campaigns with restricted IC access. If you would do so, I want my money back for the IC DLC!!!!! I am serious!!!!

There was no clear message at the DLC release that ALL campaigns would have restricted access to IC!!

@ZOS_AnaP @ZOS_Abdu @ZOS_AidanF @ZOS_AJ @ZOS_AjanJ @ZOS_Gideon @ZOS_GinaBruno

Aaaand that's why real pvp is almost dead now, because of selfish pve farmers.

So ZOS, give a restricted access to IC in all campain accept in one, in order to let those pve guys have a free access, and let the others with restricted access AND PVP buffs for the faction that hown a quarter in IC. Something like Arena district gives a spell/weapon buff, arboretum gives regen buff, etc etc.

no, a better option would be to include the option for everyone to choose, when logging to campaing to choose between
    - restricted access
    - free access

that would be the most fairest option imho and from the software coding point of view it should not be hard to code that

Sorry no, simply because pvers will still take places in a PVP campain with real pvp players to do... pve. One campain for pvers, with free full access to anything, caves, IC, shards etc, and let the ONLY PVP ZONE IN THIS GAME A PVP ZONE.

PvPers will be happy because they can pvp again, pvers will be happy because they'll pve freely
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just like you, I also pay ZOS to play the game and have the same amount of right to play PVE or PVP content in Cyrodiil or IC. I do not always PVE in the PVP zones, but I do prefer PVE over PVP more often than not.

The problem is that people purchased it for open access, when if ZOS had just stuck to their guns and advertised it as gated access none of this *** would be happening.

The thought that you shouldn't have to PvP if you don't want to in the PvP zone blows my *** mind.

I do PVP (fight off gankers, small one on one duels) if I need to, however, that is not my goal or purpose going there -- it is for PVE (questing, cave delving, skyshards hunting, etc). Why am I forced to join a zerg* to take back a fort (forced content)? Yes, I know that I have to (or chance of) doing some PVP in a PVP zone, BUT it does NOT mean I have to go looking for PVP.

*zergs can be fun too, but I get burn out on them real fast if I do it to much. I can not use voice chat, but some zergs forced players to used that. That is no fun to be left in the dark, not knowing what the group is doing or anyone is talking to you in group chat.

So do you really say you do go in pvp zone but you don't want to pvp !? You know a PVP zone purpose is to pvp right ?

what he is saying, and I fully agree with him is I wanna go to the IC, but not fight hours in Cyrodiil to get the keeps. Why should I be forced to fight in Cyrodiil???? I have bought the IC DLC, I have to have full access to it any time!!!! forcing me to fight in Cyrodiil is non-sense. I wanna have full access to IC any time!!! got it??

Please ZOS, do not make ALL campaigns with restricted IC access. If you would do so, I want my money back for the IC DLC!!!!! I am serious!!!!

There was no clear message at the DLC release that ALL campaigns would have restricted access to IC!!

So ZOS, give a restricted access to IC in all campain accept in one, in order to let those pve guys have a free access, and let the others with restricted access AND PVP buffs for the faction that hown a quarter in IC. Something like Arena district gives a spell/weapon buff, arboretum gives regen buff, etc etc.

no, a better option would be to include the option for everyone to choose, when logging to campaing to choose between
    - restricted access
    - free access

that would be the most fairest option imho and from the software coding point of view it should not be hard to code that

Sorry no, simply because pvers will still take places in a PVP campain with real pvp players to do... pve. One campain for pvers, with free full access to anything, caves, IC, shards etc, and let the ONLY PVP ZONE IN THIS GAME A PVP ZONE.

PvPers will be happy because they can pvp again, pvers will be happy because they'll pve freely

well, but I still do not get it: why do you PVP guys want to have restricted access to IC at all? What is the point of it?
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO

- restricted access
    - free access

well, but I still do not get it: why do you PVP guys want to have restricted access to IC at all? What is the point of it?

Because pvers are killing pvp right since IC release. The population cap is often at max, but we can't find ppl actually doing pvp. Why ? Because a lot a pvers are in IC to grind sewers. I don't have problem with the fact that ppl who buy Ic can have an easy access in ONE campain, especially for that but like it is now, pvp is almost dead, except in one campain, mostly because of this population problem. See ? pvp campaiins are no mostly a pve realm...
    Edited by contact.opiumb16_ESO on November 10, 2015 12:24PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

- restricted access
    - free access

Because pvers are killing pvp right since IC release. The population cap is often at max, but we can't find ppl actually doing pvp. Why ? Because a lot a pvers are in IC to grind sewers. I don't have problem with the fact that ppl who buy Ic can have an easy access in ONE campain, especially for that but like it is now, pvp is almost dead, except in one campain, mostly because of this population problem. See ? pvp campaiins are no mostly a pve realm...

aha, ok then, I understand. good. then the option "one campaign with free access to IC and other campaigns gated" is ok for me.

I just was against ALL campaigns gated restricted access.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should have never catered to those kids threating unreasonable stuff about not being able to enter a DLC they bought. What a bullcrap of some spoiled brats. It should have been restricted since the beginning, on every campaign. This would have given an incentitive to engage into PvP, which should be the idea behind a freaking so called PvP DLC. But instead, they went for the version which handicaps PvPing by hitting populationcaps because of the PvErs grinding inside. But hey, we should probably know by now that ZoS simply doesn't care about PvP.
    Such incompetence, very wow.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO

- restricted access
    - free access

aha, ok then, I understand. good. then the option "one campaign with free access to IC and other campaigns gated" is ok for me.

I just was against ALL campaigns gated restricted access.

Nice we can finally understand each other
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is appealing about the sewers now anyways? It's loops of the same boring trash mobs day in and day out :S
    'Chaos
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is appealing about the sewers now anyways? It's loops of the same boring trash mobs day in and day out :S

Mostly because it takes 150 freaking mats to make one piece of armor and ic is the best place to get said mats. if they would have made it so mats in Cyrodiil scaled to character level rather than crafter level that would have solved a lot of problems. but as it stands, ic is still the best place to get said mats.

Aside from that. i do actually like PvP in IC. it can be quite fun.

At any rate. i think it's way too late to add gated access. IC has died down a good deal since it's release.
    Edited by Lucky28 on November 10, 2015 1:10PM
    Invictus