The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please make IC access restricted in some conditions, in all campain

• Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gating access only works when people have no choice of server.

Until there is only 1 cyrodiil, I really don't think that gating will work any differently from buff campaigns. Each faction will own one server.
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of this I agree with. Except the first bit. We can no longer travel to campaigns that we are not guest or home campaign and you still get the same results. Giant zergs just reassign their campaigns and move on like locust

Actually yes you can still travel to a campaign you are neither homed nor guested in. My guild does it all the time. All it requires is for someone who is either homed or guested to act as group leader. Do a group queue, voila, everyone in the group zones into the campaign, no matter what each individual's home or guest campaign is.

Edited by Starshadw on November 8, 2015 6:44PM
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's expressly the point of making all Campaigns gated however @altemriel

If it sucks that you can't get in, then get a group together and get access back. The act of taking keeps back will produce foot traffic in Cyrodiil, gives another "keep meta-game" of Cyrodiil play besides transit lines, and may ignite a battle that otherwise wouldn't occur with open access.

PLEASE for the love of the game just put significant PvP objectives in IC, gate access to 4 home keeps in all campaigns, and leave it at that.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it sucks that you can't get in, then get a group together and get access back. The act of taking keeps back will produce foot traffic in Cyrodiil, gives another "keep meta-game" of Cyrodiil play besides transit lines, and may ignite a battle that otherwise wouldn't occur with open access.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler This is all well and good but means nothing if when IC is gated players can perma respawn as normal. When it is gated players should only be res-able and should be forced to respawn out in open cyro.

This is the super important part!
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The PvP crowd has always argued that they hate to PvE in order to PvP. Meaning they need to grind to be what they deem "on par" with PvP. The PvE crowd argues that they hate running around doing their thing, and getting ambushed or something sending them back to the starting point.

The way I see it is somehow someway PvP and PvE need to be separated. Somehow PvPers need to be able to acquire everything they need or could want without having to PvE and vice versa for the PvEers. People that argue Cyrodiil is a mess because IC is open access have a point, but those who say they paid for the content and don't want to be locked out and forced to take keeps have a point as well. That's why I argue the rigid separation of PvP and PvE. PvEers should enter a PvP zone at their leisure knowing their is danger from other players. Not be forced there to acquire something, be ganked, and then rage. And The rabid, foaming at the mouth PvPer shouldn't be forced to run a dungeon 25 times because he or she can't sleep unless they feel they have the ultimate gear (which sounds like a life problem to me. Ha ha, there is your Scipio zinger for the day). This would probably bring peace to all sides.

Somehow someway. Long live Krotha.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unbind all gear. Introduce token system to trials/challenges. Pay for content, not gear.
    Edited by Manoekin on November 8, 2015 8:54PM
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pointless now, IC is dead, there's no point of going there for PvP. If I want anything out of IC, I just go to the buffs server
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Unbind all gear. Introduce token system to trials/challenges. Pay for content, not gear.

I've been saying this forever, it seems.

A token system would solve so many gear/acquisition issues in this game. It's completely doable, though granted at this point in the game it would take some work to get the data tables and such set up.
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭

Please make all campaigns but 1 gated... Or gate them all. So many times a faction will control the map, will have high pop locks but as soon as we need to defend, everyone is in IC (mainly the PVE players). It ruins the campaign.

It is obvious the gated campaigns are empty as if one faction controls them, then the others can't get access to the sewers so block up the "active" campaigns.

• MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I agree, in IC the zones should get controlled by a faction and points accumulated an hour like as it is in cyrodiil. Then the winners of IC campaign can perhaps gain unique master weapons like that seen from the solo arena.

You can easily make IC + Cyrodiil active.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I paid good money to play IC and I want open access so I can play IC whenever I feel like it with any char or faction. I hate the idea of being forced to play content (ie taking keeps) that I do not want to just play IC. TES / ESO is about options, not forced content like your / ZOS's idea is. Taking keeps and finding groups just waste my (limited) play time that I could begin to play the content that I want to play (IC).

I play IC mostly for PVE reasons, but gated access is forcing people like into PVP. :# PVP can be fun at *TIMES,* but my true love is in PVE.
    Edited by k9mouse on November 9, 2015 3:34PM
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I paid good money to play IC and I want open access so I can play IC whenever I feel like it with any char or faction. I hate the idea of being forced to play content (ie taking keeps) that I do not want to just play IC. TES / ESO is about options, not forced content like your / ZOS's idea is. Taking keeps and finding groups just waste my (limited) play time that I could begin to play the content that I want to play (IC).

I play IC mostly for PVE reasons, but gated access is forcing people like into PVP. :# PVP can be fun at *TIMES,* but my true love is in PVE.

I don't want to play Orsinium / run undaunted pledges to gain the max stats / helms/shoulders but I HAVE to if I want to remain competitive in PVP.
    Edited by MountainHound on November 9, 2015 3:37PM
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

And I don't want to waste my limited free time grinding mindless mobs, but I have to because all this gear in PvE is bind on pickup. Options you say? There is none for me since I am forced to PvE to keep up in PvP.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine PVE players, if there were population locks on dungeons / Orsinium... Would you want us PVP players tking up your spots so you can't play what you want to play?

This is what happens when you go into IC, you are blocking up a space for someone that wants to PVP.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like you, I also pay ZOS to play the game and have the same amount of right to play PVE or PVP content in Cyrodiil or IC. I do not always PVE in the PVP zones, but I do prefer PVE over PVP more often than not.

• myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »
    All of this I agree with. Except the first bit. We can no longer travel to campaigns that we are not guest or home campaign and you still get the same results. Giant zergs just reassign their campaigns and move on like locust

Actually yes you can still travel to a campaign you are neither homed nor guested in. My guild does it all the time. All it requires is for someone who is either homed or guested to act as group leader. Do a group queue, voila, everyone in the group zones into the campaign, no matter what each individual's home or guest campaign is.

Well that's stupid. Why would they put in a fix so you can no longer teleport to a friend/guild mates campaign and leave a loophole like that?

Although with the rate they are closing campaigns there may soon only be 2 left.
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just like you, I also pay ZOS to play the game and have the same amount of right to play PVE or PVP content in Cyrodiil or IC. I do not always PVE in the PVP zones, but I do prefer PVE over PVP more often than not.

But with this *** content, you are blocking us.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ultimately it's on ZOS for caving in the first place.

The problem is that people purchased it for open access, when if ZOS had just stuck to their guns and advertised it as gated access none of this *** would be happening.

The thought that you shouldn't have to PvP if you don't want to in the PvP zone blows my *** mind.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is that people purchased it for open access, when if ZOS had just stuck to their guns and advertised it as gated access none of this *** would be happening.

The thought that you shouldn't have to PvP if you don't want to in the PvP zone blows my *** mind.

I do PVP (fight off gankers, small one on one duels) if I need to, however, that is not my goal or purpose going there -- it is for PVE (questing, cave delving, skyshards hunting, etc). Why am I forced to join a zerg* to take back a fort (forced content)? Yes, I know that I have to (or chance of) doing some PVP in a PVP zone, BUT it does NOT mean I have to go looking for PVP.

*zergs can be fun too, but I get burn out on them real fast if I do it to much. I can not use voice chat, but some zergs forced players to used that. That is no fun to be left in the dark, not knowing what the group is doing or anyone is talking to you in group chat.
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reduce campaigns the 3, restrict IC access to home non-corner keeps(maybe make one of the campaigns require an enemy keep as well!), and introduce PvP incentives into IC. Restricting access will not work without either of the other two imo.

This is the win here. Agree 100%.

I'd add one thing - Reduce long load times to get in and through IC. It's one of the reasons I avoid it now...just going into IC, then going in to a zone....doing a daily, maybe a little pvp, then back to the alliance base. 1/2 the time is spent on the dam load screens.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭
    IC pvp > Cyrodil pvp

in IC you have more fair fights and even if you get into an uneven fight you can still use environmental factors to your advantage.

I don't see AOE spam balls in IC

but please give people reasons to go to IC - its dying down
    Edited by Kelleton on November 9, 2015 9:22PM
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kelleton wrote: »
    IC pvp > Cyrodil pvp

in IC you have more fair fights and even if you get into an uneven fight you can still use environmental factors to your advantage.

Do you even IC bruh?
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I do PVP (fight off gankers, small one on one duels) if I need to, however, that is not my goal or purpose going there -- it is for PVE (questing, cave delving, skyshards hunting, etc). Why am I forced to join a zerg* to take back a fort (forced content)? Yes, I know that I have to (or chance of) doing some PVP in a PVP zone, BUT it does NOT mean I have to go looking for PVP.

*zergs can be fun too, but I get burn out on them real fast if I do it to much. I can not use voice chat, but some zergs forced players to used that. That is no fun to be left in the dark, not knowing what the group is doing or anyone is talking to you in group chat.

That wasn't entirely directed at you. The way you play it is how ZOS developed it. I have more of an issue with that part. Can't blame someone for playing the game the way they enjoy it. First thing I told myself when I started playing this game was that if I wasn't having fun I would stop playing. I think that's how everyone should look at it.
  • Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Kelleton wrote: »
    IC pvp > Cyrodil pvp

Do you even IC bruh?

pretty much exclusively
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO

So do you really say you do go in pvp zone but you don't want to pvp !? You know a PVP zone purpose is to pvp right ?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the restriction for all campaigns is non-sense

I wanna go to IC and can not, because of restriction. I dont want to fight several hours to get the keeps, I just want to sneak into the IC, I cant because of restrictions!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno please do not apply IC access restrictions for ALL campaigns!!!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So do you really say you do go in pvp zone but you don't want to pvp !? You know a PVP zone purpose is to pvp right ?

what he is saying, and I fully agree with him is I wanna go to the IC, but not fight hours in Cyrodiil to get the keeps. Why should I be forced to fight in Cyrodiil???? I have bought the IC DLC, I have to have full access to it any time!!!! forcing me to fight in Cyrodiil is non-sense. I wanna have full access to IC any time!!! got it??

Please ZOS, do not make ALL campaigns with restricted IC access. If you would do so, I want my money back for the IC DLC!!!!! I am serious!!!!

There was no clear message at the DLC release that ALL campaigns would have restricted access to IC!!

@ZOS_AnaP @ZOS_Abdu @ZOS_AidanF @ZOS_AJ @ZOS_AjanJ @ZOS_Gideon @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by altemriel on November 10, 2015 9:23AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is what I am saying too, when the DLC was released, there was no clear message from ZOS that all campaigns should have restricted access. Only thing that ZOS stated was, they are testing out more alternatives to this. So no wonder that we are now pissed off if ALL campaigns should have restricted access. I dont want to fight hours in Cyrodiil, I just want to go to IC! I have bought the DLC, so there is no point in making all campaigns restricted!!

I wanna have full access to IC any time!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by altemriel on November 10, 2015 9:39AM
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO
    altemriel wrote: »

what he is saying, and I fully agree with him is I wanna go to the IC, but not fight hours in Cyrodiil to get the keeps. Why should I be forced to fight in Cyrodiil???? I have bought the IC DLC, I have to have full access to it any time!!!! forcing me to fight in Cyrodiil is non-sense. I wanna have full access to IC any time!!! got it??

Please ZOS, do not make ALL campaigns with restricted IC access. If you would do so, I want my money back for the IC DLC!!!!! I am serious!!!!

There was no clear message at the DLC release that ALL campaigns would have restricted access to IC!!

Aaaand that's why real pvp is almost dead now, because of selfish pve farmers.

So ZOS, give a restricted access to IC in all campain accept in one, in order to let those pve guys have a free access, and let the others with restricted access AND PVP buffs for the faction that hown a quarter in IC. Something like Arena district gives a spell/weapon buff, arboretum gives regen buff, etc etc.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

Aaaand that's why real pvp is almost dead now, because of selfish pve farmers.

So ZOS, give a restricted access to IC in all campain accept in one, in order to let those pve guys have a free access, and let the others with restricted access AND PVP buffs for the faction that hown a quarter in IC. Something like Arena district gives a spell/weapon buff, arboretum gives regen buff, etc etc.

no, a better option would be to include the option for everyone to choose, when logging to campaing to choose between
    - restricted access
    - free access

that would be the most fairest option imho and from the software coding point of view it should not be hard to code that
    Edited by altemriel on November 10, 2015 12:07PM