Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

"Nerf cloak" ... But it's stamblade damage that is op ... (explanation)

• KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^ I loled

/thread
    Edited by KenaPKK on December 31, 2015 5:12PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Isbilen
    Sorry but somewhere between the ability to go completely invisible at will with sprint speed, perma-block in light armour, jump off keeps or cliffs and teleport right back up, an unblockable area CC effect, and just in general being better than the other classes at pretty much everything in PvP other than healing, the class just becomes a laughable easy mode.

Your post right here is a joke! And u sir are a nit wit! L2p is prolly the best advice to your post. We are not better than any other class. In my eyes I'm on part with all the classes as it takes skill to be a damn good magica NB. You have sustain but you don't have burst, but than you have burst but no sustain. So most go half and half or have 2 pvp sets.1 for solo play which is burst and the other is sustain for group play. Now for cloak. Cloak is not op! Like ppl have stated there are ways to counter it. It's more or less a L2p tactics. My nb is prolly my favorite toon than my dk or sorc than my healer as last. Now all my toons are magica and I think it takes skill to play a magica class compared to a stamina class, but that is my opinion!
    Options
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »
    oh look another butt hurt player getting killed by nightblade... how will zenimax fix the rouge/assasin class that has high crit n can run away just like every other rouge out there >,> pffff....

Oh look another butt hurt player who couldn't kill a sorc.... how will Zenimax fix the mage/sorcerer class that has high magicka n can blink away just like every other sorc out there >.> pfffff......I WONDER?

Big Tex with the best signature NA
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
    Options
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually tbh if the mass majority of the damn cry babies screaming nerf. Here is an idea, play all the classes an learn to counter that class whether it be a stamina class or a magica class. Hell I have 2 dk's 1 nb, 1 sorc, 1 templar, and all v16 and I've learned to counter classes pretty well.
    Options
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am a one character guy. Even still, though, I've fought against every build imaginable on all other classes and learned how to counterplay them without bitching once that something needs a nerf. It's a matter of attitude. Most kids these days form a victim mentality. Instead of practicing and changing their own behavior, they demand that anything which makes them uncomfortable is changed. The problem is that baddies will always find something better than them to be uncomfortable with.
    Edited by KenaPKK on December 31, 2015 6:13PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »

Stop reacting to frustrations you encounter while playing against cloak with demands to nerf the skill. Instead, embrace them as opportunities to advance your own skill.

You've got myself, Lone, and other well known authorities on nightblades and the game in general chiming in here to educate you on this subject. Stop making excuses and irrational arguments in attempts to dumb the game down. Grow some balls, equip an aoe, make some detect pots if you have to, and git gud already.

this argument right here is the exact same argument sorcs where making when they nerfed Streak (again) I hate nerfs, i do and i hate that nerfing skills is zos' main approach to fixing issues I would prefer ZOS' said "hey, these changes we made last patch are not working, let's rethink them" but they're not gonna do that, they're gonna nerf cloak.
    Invictus
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

Stop reacting to frustrations you encounter while playing against cloak with demands to nerf the skill. Instead, embrace them as opportunities to advance your own skill.

You've got myself, Lone, and other well known authorities on nightblades and the game in general chiming in here to educate you on this subject. Stop making excuses and irrational arguments in attempts to dumb the game down. Grow some balls, equip an aoe, make some detect pots if you have to, and git gud already.

this argument right here is the exact same argument sorcs where making when they nerfed Streak (again) I hate nerfs, i do and i hate that nerfing skills is zos' main approach to fixing issues I would prefer ZOS' said "hey, these changes we made last patch are not working, let's rethink them" but they're not gonna do that, they're gonna nerf cloak.

The Sorc situation was very different, I'm not sure how people can still try to justify comparing cloak and streak. In 1.6 you could almost perma streak and run anywhere you wanted, this alone wasn't an issue. But combine that with hardened ward and the type of damage they could put out, like mini fighter jets with shields flying all over the place. I'm not saying movement for Sorc should have been nerfed, but the ability to perform all three was out of control. In the case of NB, you can perma cloak but that doesn't do you any good, when someone with a brain pops a detect pot and starts whacking you with debuffs and burst.

Streak is much different from cloak, I watch Fengrush play his stam Sorc sometimes where he gets low stam and pulls off a streak, getting his around a corner and out of sight. As a NB in this similar situation cloak is not as reliable, I'd prefer that burst movement. If you're out of stam almost and need to rely on cloak you're ***, especially if you're snared and cannot get up a movement speed buff, even still.

Keep telling yourself cloak and streak are comparable.
    Edited by OdinForge on December 31, 2015 7:29PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

The Sorc situation was very different, I'm not sure how people can still try to justify comparing cloak and streak. In 1.6 you could almost perma streak and run anywhere you wanted, this alone wasn't an issue. But combine that with hardened ward and the type of damage they could put out, like mini fighter jets with shields flying all over the place. I'm not saying movement for Sorc should have been nerfed, but the ability to perform all three was out of control. In the case of NB, you can perma cloak but that doesn't do you any good, when someone with a brain pops a detect pot and starts whacking you with debuffs and burst.

Streak is much different from cloak, I watch Fengrush play his stam Sorc sometimes where he gets low stam and pulls off a streak, getting his around a corner and out of sight. As a NB in this similar situation cloak is not as reliable, I'd prefer that burst movement. If you're out of stam almost and need to rely on cloak you're ***, especially if you're snared and cannot get up a movement speed buff, even still.

they are, never had any issues with Sorcs on 1.6. guess that would make that an l2p issue wouldn't it?. i played a magicka NB for a time, it was stupidly easy and as an escape cloak is leagues better than streak in it's current form. freakin' stupid that anyone would try and claim otherwise.
    Edited by Lucky28 on December 31, 2015 8:01PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

they are, never had any issues with Sorcs on 1.6. guess that would make that an l2p issue wouldn't it?. i played a magicka NB for a time, it was stupidly easy and as an escape cloak is leagues better than streak in it's current form. freakin' stupid that anyone would try and claim otherwise.

Somehow sorcs "Had to be nerfed (again, after several other hits)" yet the first hint of NB rebalance (remember Gina's post a few months back loosely mentioning nb rebalance?) and its the end of the world "everyone just needs to l2p" and "there have been enough nerfs". Wish this mentality was around before all the other classes had their share of nerfs, but I guess with NB's being so vocal now is the perfect time to stop.
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You didn't have an issue with 1.6 Sorc but you have an issue with NB post 1.7? That's not a blatant lie or anything, if you can't counter NB now no way you were countering Sorcs back then.

Aside from the fact that you're clearly just saying whatever is convienent for you, somehow they let you out of the noob play-pen. I'll leave some detect pots and AoE for you by the gate door.
    CP5 wrote: »
    Somehow sorcs "Had to be nerfed (again, after several other hits)" yet the first hint of NB rebalance (remember Gina's post a few months back loosely mentioning nb rebalance?) and its the end of the world "everyone just needs to l2p" and "there have been enough nerfs". Wish this mentality was around before all the other classes had their share of nerfs, but I guess with NB's being so vocal now is the perfect time to stop.

It's funny you say this CP5, I clearly remember showing you in-game how well radiant magelite worked (despite a few uncertain bugs) and how shocked you were at the results. When your magblade couldn't escape my toon. You weren't just shocked, you were casually proven wrong. Granted you weren't an endgame NB, but believe you me I was ready for much more of a challenge.

Detect pots work even better than RM, without having to slot two skills. There were clear issues with DK pre 1.5, and there were clear issues with Sorc post 1.6, you can't accept that a potion and a skill counters cloak?

*Edit, And I'm not even saying you shouldn't nerf cloak, I could honestly care less what happens, it won't affect me. I just find it funny how little difficulty I have fighting it, using the counters provided in-game. And how god-mode you all somehow convinced yourselves this skill is.
    Edited by OdinForge on December 31, 2015 8:25PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You didn't have an issue with 1.6 Sorc but you have an issue with NB post 1.7? That's not a blatant lie or anything, if you can't counter NB now no way you were countering Sorcs back then.

Aside from the fact that you're clearly just saying whatever is convienent for you, somehow they let you out of the noob play-pen. I'll leave some detect pots and AoE for you by the gate door.

It's funny you say this CP5, I clearly remember showing you in-game how well radiant magelite worked (despite a few uncertain bugs) and how shocked you were at the results. When your magblade couldn't escape my toon.

Detect pots work even better than RM, without having to slot two skills. There were clear issues with DK pre 1.5, and there were clear issues with Sorc post 1.6, you can't accept that a potion and a skill counters cloak?

on that same note. there where counters to sorc 1.6 and multiple people have posted video's showing what one might consider problems with Nightblades on this patch. and yet you're here to tell us otherwise?. you're just a hypocrite and i'm done with you.
    Edited by Lucky28 on December 31, 2015 8:29PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    on that same note. there where counters to sorc 1.6 and multiple people have posted video's showing what one might consider problems with Nightblades on this patch. and yet you're here to tell us otherwise?. you're just a hypocrite and i'm done with you.

Yeah you know what that counter was? Nearly 4K weapon damage and *** sustain, and some lucky LOS.

Don't talk to me as if I couldn't take down top Sorcs, I know what I'm talking about, better than you.

https://youtu.be/mv-ZI8OBBvo?t=6m36s
    and multiple people have posted video's showing what one might consider problems with Nightblades on this patch

While we're at here is a video of what's wrong with cloak as a skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGB_R7x4nuU
    Edited by OdinForge on December 31, 2015 8:35PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's funny you say this CP5, I clearly remember showing you in-game how well radiant magelite worked (despite a few uncertain bugs) and how shocked you were at the results. When your magblade couldn't escape my toon. You weren't just shocked, you were casually proven wrong. Granted you weren't an endgame NB, but believe you me I was ready for much more of a challenge.

*Edit, And I'm not even saying you shouldn't nerf cloak, I could honestly care less what happens, it won't affect me. I just find it funny how little difficulty I have fighting it, using the counters provided in-game. And how god-mode you all somehow convinced yourselves this skill is.

I keep thinking back to that test, but I can't shake the feeling that the frequent use of ambush carried a lot of that. PS to anyone wondering, if you want to make a NB rage use radiant and spam ambush.
    Options
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could just pop Rapids or immovabiltiy pot and spam crit rush or ambush into a sorcs butt hole to stop him from streaking away but they needed to be nerfed right?

The double standards from all these ambush spamming monkeys is too damn high. Everyone but Them needs to L2p. I just can't wait for class rebalancing patch to drink all the sweet sweet tears nom nom nom. 50 bucks says nbs getting smacked with the bat.

(2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    You could just pop Rapids or immovabiltiy pot and spam crit rush or ambush into a sorcs butt hole to stop him from streaking away but they needed to be nerfed right?

The double standards from all these ambush spamming monkeys is too damn high. Everyone but Them needs to L2p. I just can't wait for class rebalancing patch to drink all the sweet sweet tears nom nom nom. 50 bucks says nbs getting smacked with the bat.

As the user of a v16 stam dk, v16 mag sorc and a v16 mag nb i can safely say nb's are in another class.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I keep thinking back to that test, but I can't shake the feeling that the frequent use of ambush carried a lot of that. PS to anyone wondering, if you want to make a NB rage use radiant and spam ambush.

That's how it works CP5, you pop a detect pot or RM or AoE, and you use gap closer to stay in range of the NB. I can substitute ambush for invasion, for crit rush for anything. As long as I can snare my target, stay somewhat in the area for AoE damage, good luck. I won't run myself out of resources, because I know what I'm doing.

I run rapids on my stamblade, when I'm pressure I don't spam cloak, I just use my run speed and dodge to get away, a hell of a lot more reliable. Magblade with their infinite wisdom and godhood and permacloak, all useless against people who know what they're doing.

Let's not even talk about Axe bleed, and other bugs that break cloak. That makes it a whole different level of unfair, for the NB.
    Edited by OdinForge on January 1, 2016 5:22AM
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's how it works CP5, you pop a detect pot or RM or AoE, and you use gap closer to stay in range of the NB. I can substitute ambush for invasion, for crit rush for anything. As long as I can snare my target, stay somewhat in the area for AoE damage, good luck. I won't run myself out of resources, because I know what I'm doing.

I run rapids on my stamblade, when I'm pressure I don't spam cloak, I just use my run speed and dodge to get away, a hell of a lot more reliable. Magblade with their infinite wisdom and godhood and permacloak, all useless against people who know what they're doing.

Let's not even talk about Axe bleed, and other bugs that break cloak. That makes it a whole different level of unfair, for the NB.

Just saying, the gap closer root on ambush is insane. I run a DK tank who has radiant up 24/7 in pvp. On good nights I chain kill the same group of NB's that can't take a hint and on a bad day I watch NB's vanish before my eyes well within arms reach. But if I could trade invasion for any one skill to help me keep NB's down it would be ambush. I just find it funny the best class to counter NB's are NB's, and that does nothing to help class populations.
    Options
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just saying, the gap closer root on ambush is insane. I run a DK tank who has radiant up 24/7 in pvp. On good nights I chain kill the same group of NB's that can't take a hint and on a bad day I watch NB's vanish before my eyes well within arms reach. But if I could trade invasion for any one skill to help me keep NB's down it would be ambush. I just find it funny the best class to counter NB's are NB's, and that does nothing to help class populations.

This is the first good point you've made in this thread.

And Lone's right. Mageblades don't have an escape against good players. NONE. That's why I favor stamina these days, even on my Breton. I have some mobility...
    Edited by KenaPKK on January 1, 2016 7:43AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
    Options
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ya but Fengrush isnt immortal any more. he dies a lot more now. stam sorcs have to be a lot more strategic now due to streak treatment.

cloak should be the same way. pick and choose ahen to use it.

before the detect pot nerf all the nbs were complaining about them and they should be nerfed. and that whip shouldnt go through dodge roll.

where were all your comments then about l2p? exactly. becUse each and everyone of you that only play a nb have no clue about class balance. you just want your easy mode.

trust me. i get it. i was the same way with my magicka dk when they were gods. its so much fun you dont want it to end.

but then a wise man told me, i think Ezareth, try every class before complaining or telling someone to L2P. and you know what? he was right. i look back now like every magicka dk and can admit they were gods.

that is the same as sorcs(shield stacking) and nbs (cloak, ambush/lotus, insane dps) right now. if gou dont want them nerfed any then ALL the other nerfs will have to be undone.

that means no stam regen while blocking, dodge roll, detect pot, streak, abilities through dodge roll, etc.

these are the facts. they are undisputed.
    Edited by Darnathian on January 1, 2016 3:48PM
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »
    ya but Fengrush isnt immortal any more. he dies a lot more now. stam sorcs have to be a lot more strategic now due to streak treatment.

before the detect pot nerf all the nbs were complaining about them and they should be nerfed. and that whip shouldnt go through dodge roll.

where were all your comments then about l2p? exactly. becUse each and everyone of you that only play a nb have no clue about class balance. you just want your easy mode.

trust me. i get it. i was the same way with my magicka dk when they were gods. its so much fun you dont want it to end.

but then a wise man told me, i think Ezareth, try every class before complaining or telling someone to L2P. and you know what? he was right. i look back now like every magicka dk and can admit they were gods.

that is the same as sorcs(shield stacking) and nbs (cloak, ambush/lotus, insane dps) right now. if gou dont want them nerfed any then ALL the other nerfs will have to be undone.

that means no stam regen while blocking, dodge roll, detect pot, streak, abilities through dodge roll, etc.

about l2p? exactly

Don't answer your question for me, like you're some kind of authority on me. Darnathian you know nothing of me, when you say BS like this it's just BS assumption, but you've been known for this for some time.

I never had an issue with detect pot length, in fact I've voiced my opinion over how much of a bad idea it was to shorten the length. My problem with detect pots has always been that they bug out and grant your allies the effect instead of just the user.

Whip going through dodge was broken AF, and it shouldn't have been that away, end of story. Dodge was really really strong, but so was streak + shields, and so was perm-block, all of which got nerfed in some way.

Common theme here is that I have an issue with bugs, and questionably strong mechanics are just something else, questionable. Cloak would be OP if there were no available counters, as it stands there are plenty of counters and on top of that plenty of bugs. You're not bringing anything new to this discussion, except assumptions and BS.
    becUse each and everyone of you that only play a nb have no clue about class balance. you just want your easy mode.

Once again you know nothing about me. I played stamina NB at launch, when NB or stamina builds weren't even a thing. By the time 1.4 / 1.5 came around I had created my own build, that could go toe to toe with some of the best players running FoTM Magicka DK of the time. A build you'd never see anyone running, a build all you FoTM magicka builds would scoff at on paper. 1 of like 2 maybe 3 competitive stamina players in the entire game at the time, don't talk about me as if I'm some scrub looking for easy mode. Did you run a magicka DK back then Darnathian?

It would appear you have, yet you talk to me as if I'm looking for easy mode. My ghetto sustain stam build back in 1.4, would probaby trash 9/10 FoTM godmode DK. I trash many stam players with my magbuild, and I don't touch cloak more than twice per fight. Easy mode Darnathian? I earned the right to enjoy my stam NB post 1.6, you started out on the DK bandwagon or jumped on it like everyone else, NUFF SAID.

I'm constantly teaching players of other classes, about niche mechanics they didn't know about within their class. You think I only play NB, or only know about NB, just the type of BS assumption I expect from you.
    these are the facts. they are undisputed

I'm still looking for your facts.
    Edited by OdinForge on January 1, 2016 9:41PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

about l2p? exactly

Don't answer your question for me, like you're some kind of authority on me. Darnathian you know nothing of me, when you say BS like this it's just BS assumption, but you've been known for this for some time.

I never had an issue with detect pot length, in fact I've voiced my opinion over how much of a bad idea it was to shorten the length. My problem with detect pots has always been that they bug out and grant your allies the effect instead of just the user.

Whip going through dodge was broken AF, and it shouldn't have been that away, end of story. Dodge was really really strong, but so was streak + shields, and so was perm-block, all of which got nerfed in some way.

Common theme here is that I have an issue with bugs, and questionably strong mechanics are just something else, questionable. Cloak would be OP if there were no available counters, as it stands there are plenty of counters and on top of that plenty of bugs. You're not bringing anything new to this discussion, except assumptions and BS.
    becUse each and everyone of you that only play a nb have no clue about class balance. you just want your easy mode.

Once again you know nothing about me. I played stamina NB at launch, when NB or stamina builds weren't even a thing. By the time 1.4 / 1.5 came around I had created my own build, that could go toe to toe with some of the best players running FoTM Magicka DK of the time. A build you'd never see anyone running, a build all you FoTM magicka builds would scoff at on paper. 1 of like 2 maybe 3 competitive stamina players in the entire game at the time, don't talk about me as if I'm some scrub looking for easy mode. Did you run a magicka DK back then Darnathian?

It would appear you have, yet you talk to me as if I'm looking for easy mode. My ghetto sustain stam build back in 1.4, would probaby trash 9/10 FoTM godmode DK. I trash many stam players with my magbuild, and I don't touch cloak more than twice per fight. Easy mode Darnathian? I earned the right to enjoy my stam NB post 1.6, you started out on the DK bandwagon or jumped on it like everyone else, NUFF SAID.

I'm constantly teaching players of other classes, about niche mechanics they didn't know about within their class. You think I only play NB, or only know about NB, just the type of BS assumption I expect from you.
    these are the facts. they are undisputed

I'm still looking for your facts.

If you think NBs and Sorcs for that matter are okay as is there is no point in having a discussion. Nuff Said.

good talk.
    Options
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ my pov exactly. Wah Wah nerf everyone but me mentality of ambush/lotus spamming monkeys.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you think NBs and Sorcs for that matter are okay as is there is no point in having a discussion. Nuff Said.

good talk.

You just got slammed, and you can't even figure out what to say in response. LOL

This thread and forum base is full of people like you, "This is OP because I don't know what I'm doing, therefore pls nerf because opinions". Sorcs got what they needed to be more grounded, if they nerf cloak you're still going to get rekt by good NB, nuff said.
    Edited by OdinForge on January 2, 2016 5:11PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

good talk.

You just got slammed, and you can't even figure out what to say in response. LOL

This thread and forum base is full of people like you, "This is OP because I don't know what I'm doing, therefore pls nerf because opinions". Sorcs got what they needed to be more grounded, if they nerf cloak you're still going to get rekt by good NB, nuff said.

Im sorry. did you say something?
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

good talk.

Im sorry. did you say something?

Yup, he did say smth. In case you missed it :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • italia366
    italia366
    People are complaining that nightblades are OP. They call for cloak nerfs, but their death recap screenshots all show Ambush and Surprise Attack spam...

They are getting rekt by STAMINA damage, which is favored by the game:
    • % bonus weapon dmg from medium armor and Flawless DB passives
    • weapon dmg glyphs on weapons
    • mass availability of weapon crit in itemization
    • Hardy CP cutting magic damage with no comparable CP for physical damage

The course of events leading to this irrational witch hunting goes as follows:
    • pug gets rekt by stamblade's high damage, is mad :angry:
    • pug fights a mageblade, who he is able to survive against and even gets low :mrgreen:
    • pug fails to counter mageblade's cloak, so mageblade is able to escape, accepting that he has lost the fight :disappointed:
    • pug wants the kill because GRRRR I GOT REKT BY THAT OTHER NB :rage:
    • pug writes forum post about op cloak, failing to remember that the stamblade's damage is what caused him to be upset in the first place :bawling:

People are NOT getting rekt by magicka nightblades' cloak spam or damage.

Magicka nightblades will take the brunt of a cloak nerf, but they are already struggling in PvP right now. Stamina damage is the problem, NOT CLOAK.

A nerf to cloak will NOT change nightblades' dominance in PvP because STAMINA nightblades are the problem, NOT magicka ones.

L2p everyone.

this x 100

The nightblade is a stealthy class. if they wanna stealth away they should be able to and there are counters to it.

the problem is stamblade, not magblade. ambush just needs to be changed to not be spammable.
    Options