Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Physical Resistance in Champion Points

• Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Give me a nirnhorned for physical damage, + proper sustain for stamina builds then we can discuss CP disparity. As it stands the only good thing about stamina builds is insane QQ 3 second burst (most likely from stealth cos we all love gankers).

Lets see:

If ur magicka:
    Shields check
    Healing check
    sustain check
    burst check
    mobility check

You lost me. Magic DKs and Templars: No mobility, no burst. The shields are questionable too.

Maybe youre thinking of sorc instead of magicka classes
    Edited by Inarre on February 3, 2016 5:22PM
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed how stingy Physical Resistance in the Warrior constellations is relative to Spell Resistance in Steed -> Spell Shield.

Spell Shield is giving at least 0.3% increase per point, while Heavy Armor Focus, etc. gives only 0.2% (at 3%, say). But Physical Resistance is of no lesser dignity or importance that Spell Resistance.

This is especially strange, because Spell Shield increases Spell Resistance across the board, while Physical Resistance is split up into Light, Medium, and Heavy. A more reasonable system would give not 0.2% for each Heavy, etc. Armor Focus but 0.3% * 3 = 0.9% to compensate for the fact that it applies only to a given type of armor!

Thanks.

5pc Armor Master..
  • M_TeK_9
    M_TeK_9
    ✭✭✭
    The greater % increase in spell shield vs Heavy Armor Focus + elemental resistance balanced by the obvious fact that you're wearing armor that increase physical resistance. If your armor increased your spell resistance I would be complaining about the lopsided champ nodes as well. But it doesn't. :smile: