The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The "Differently Geared" Episode 13 - #Learning (New Episode!)

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Darkshade Cavern caltrop pull is so priceless xD

Tbh. i do a lot of late night pug runs, sometimes out of boredom ... done these pledges and dungeons so many times, it gets fun to join randoms, specially low level vets who are unprepared. That is where I encounter stuff like: no food buff, no soul gems, no potions, no experience, dps got no aoe skills and tank got no taunt.
    ..and also stuff like "afk cuz mom wants me to eat dinner now, I'll be back 30min" during boss fight.

Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on October 5, 2015 8:54AM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love these videos
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love that you apparently play with Roseanne Barr, i'm well jealous :p
    Edited by Belidos on October 5, 2015 10:55AM
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    Arunei wrote: »
    That last part tho.

"It did the THING. I was caught in the THING. The THIIIAAAANG."

About died right there.

Now that you've seen The Thing, you will know what to expect. :)

We've now reduced boss mechanic explanations to "just watch out for the thing, let's go!"
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm loving that cheerful bouncy music as everything goes horribly wrong. XD
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @failkiwib16_ESO
    I really wish I had caught Christie saying out of the blue "afk, I need to go chase the possum out of the shed" we were all like ....uh what??? Lol
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @failkiwib16_ESO
    I really wish I had caught Christie saying out of the blue "afk, I need to go chase the possum out of the shed" we were all like ....uh what??? Lol

lol I can see that.
    Possums are nasty little critters. Had my spaniel bring one to my doorstep once and it wasn't dead. Dang thing had very pointy teeth.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That last part tho.

About died right there.

We've now reduced boss mechanic explanations to "just watch out for the thing, let's go!"

That or "The Thingy Thing" if its a big thing, and "dont stand in stupid"

• Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    That last part tho.

About died right there.

In a thread that has me seriously laughing out loud at numerous posts...
    This had me crying so hard I broke my glasses trying to wipe the tears streaming from my eyes.

To the OP, @Sylance9, brilliant post.
    I've never got to do a group anything, as I KNOW I would suck badly, & hence never even try to pug as I'd upset people who are serious about their dailies & dungeons whilst I'm happy sneaking around slowly analysing where I'm next going to get squished by a "thing".
    You've made me feel normal...ish. :smile:
    Edited by Swindy on October 5, 2015 11:43PM
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this!! Thank you for making this for me who after over a year of playing still gets told she doesn't know how to play!

Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tbh. i do a lot of late night pug runs, sometimes out of boredom ... done these pledges and dungeons so many times, it gets fun to join randoms, specially low level vets who are unprepared. That is where I encounter stuff like: no food buff, no soul gems, no potions, no experience, dps got no aoe skills and tank got no taunt.
    ..and also stuff like "afk cuz mom wants me to eat dinner now, I'll be back 30min" during boss fight.

I think we need to make an AFK BRB episode. We probably have enough clips now to put one together, lol. That was even my wife's personalized license plate for a while.
    Edited by Elijah_Crow on October 6, 2015 12:20PM
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good f'n luck with that Darkshade pull. lol

XBox NA
  • drzycki_ESO
    drzycki_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I think we need to make an AFK BRB episode. We probably have enough clips now to put one together, lol. That was even my wife's personalized license plate for a while.

I had that license plate for years. :)

Please keep the videos coming. They are awesome!

Edited by drzycki_ESO on October 6, 2015 12:32PM
  • Stickleback
    Stickleback
    ✭✭
    At least it wasn't Jim this time :)
    EU server / Ebonheart Pact

Vavara - Templar Healer
    Stickleback - DK Tank
    Stickle'back - Sorc DPS
    Chops - NB DPS
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it wasn't Jim this time :)

It was Don! Don is the face puller extraordinaire!
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good f'n luck with that Darkshade pull. lol

lol that was from our first time in there haha.

• Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL'd at the random light bolts while watching lockpicking action

Keep making these <3
    love is love
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sylance9
    I had to google possom, they look cute and derpy :3 but yeah, I would also think "wtf..." if I heard that from anyone on ts hahaha

@Elijah_Crow
    I am looking forward to that video xD

I have lately played a lot with a group, where you get called out on every mistake you make over teamspeak. It feels surprisingly relaxing and liberating to be able to yell "n00b l2p you did this, try doing it like that instead", while we laugh and adjust to the critisizm instead of getting offended and hurt. We all do mistakes, and we all call eachother out on the mistakes they do - it is one of the most fun groups I've played with so far.
  • death_spirit
    Lol i love these vids
    The intro music is brilliant

Now i know how my team feels with my play style
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sylance9
    I had to google possom, they look cute and derpy :3 but yeah, I would also think "wtf..." if I heard that from anyone on ts hahaha

Little fun fact, we use the phrase "playing possum" to describe pretending to be dead or unconscious to avoid trouble, this comes from the fact that when a possum is attacked and cornered it will actually faint, this is supposedly a defence mechanism that relies on the fact that most predators lose interest if they think their prey is already dead.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belidos wrote: »
    Little fun fact, we use the phrase "playing possum" to describe pretending to be dead or unconscious to avoid trouble, this comes from the fact that when a possum is attacked and cornered it will actually faint, this is supposedly a defence mechanism that relies on the fact that most predators lose interest if they think their prey is already dead.

lol I didn't knew that... usually in dungeons I carry invisibility potions and sneak away. ^^
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    Belidos wrote: »

lol I didn't knew that... usually in dungeons I carry invisibility potions and sneak away. ^^

Always, my squishy NB has plenty of those... :wink:
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the most fun post I have ever seen.LOL! Thank you for not ranking on the noobs,or gear challenged people.I cant wait for the next one.
    (The music is great,btw)XD
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohmagod!! Every time I heard it I was about to burst in laughter. So funny!
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohmagod!! Every time I heard it I was about to burst in laughter. So funny!
    Yup.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok @Sylance9... where's episode 3? :lol:

But really, ever since you explained your group's dynamic on the first video I've really taken a liking to your videos. you guys seem like you have a lot of fun. I feel pretty daft about not seeing it from the beginning. That just goes to show how a perspective shapes how we see the world.

Did you happen to see that ZOS is asking for video submissions? Perhaps you and your friends can do one together. Just a thought. :smile:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may well be the worst but you are definitely the best. love it

• Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHERES JIM
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL that last battle, that was exactly what happened during my first molag kena (non Vet) fight, my group members all got knocked into the fire and a whole minute went by with me cursing like a sailor because I had to fight alone...
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see they were asking for video submissions @Gidorick . *edit* don't know how I missed it plastered at the top of the forums lol :). I'm working on episode 3 and maybe 4 this weekend so you might get two :smiley:

@Asherons_Call Jim is the star of the next one, haven't decided if that one will be ep 3 or 4.

Glad you all enjoyed it!
    Edited by Shimmer on October 30, 2015 1:40PM