The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Idea for the Next Motif

Personofsecrets
Personofsecrets
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I am really excited for Orsinium and part of that excitement will be to get the new motifs. The motifs have to be epic though and that means an epic journey to obtain them. I therefore put together the following itemization scheme that would be cool for the new motifs.

Scheme A:

1. Players receive a motif fragment fragment when skinning a fish that has given a perfect roe. Fish must be caught in the Imperial City and only Master Anglers may have a chance at getting a fragment fragment.

2. Players receive a motif fragment fragment restorative resin when completing a to be implemented veteran level 16 daily writ (10 fragment fragments to make a fragment). Only woodworking, blacksmithing, and clothier writs completed with v16 item turn ins will have the chances at dropping these fragment fragment restorative resins.

3. Players receive a fragment restorative resin when receiving a monster trophy from the enemies in their factions starter zone (Fragment restorative resins unable to be banked & 10 fragments to make a page). Only players of the appropriate level with respect to the zone may receive these drops. (So an EP player could get a drop from a Nix-Hound in Stonefalls or Veteran DSA)

4. Players who are alliance rank 20 or more may find the motif material fragments after defeating a Dolmen general in Cyrodiil. This crafting material fragments will be bound on pick up, but may be looted by a player who defeats a holder of these crafting material fragments in battle.

5. Players who have the crafting material fragments may then refine the crafting material fragments into the actual crafting material with a crafting material fragment restorative resin that they have a chance at getting from a horse race trophy vault . Entering the horse race trophy vault requires 50 tokens from the newly implemented horse race that requires a horse with 60 points into speed and 60 points into stamina to enter. This crafting material restorative resin and the actual crafting material will be bound on pick up. (10 crafting material fragments to make an actual crafting material)

Scheme B:

1. Players receive the full Motif when purchasing it for 5000 crowns from the Crown Store™. This will just be for convenience sake.

What do you all think?
Edited by Personofsecrets on September 30, 2015 7:58PM
Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I want to Crystal Frag all these friggin Fragments lol.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    Lol they're are going to do this but it's ok I don't have plans to give them more money for motif, they should make content and sell dlcs, I'm sure if they make this thing one more time they gonna have serious issues with the player base, they already lose to many on the ic launch
  • FuzzyDuck79
    FuzzyDuck79
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a bit of a nightmare really. You aren't really giving anything to the PvE player by making him go to Cyrodil and I can't see PvP players doing a great deal of fishing. I could see a lot of complaints about this, especially off the back of IC if something like this was implemented. No offense.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a bit of a nightmare really. You aren't really giving anything to the PvE player by making him go to Cyrodil and I can't see PvP players doing a great deal of fishing. I could see a lot of complaints about this, especially off the back of IC if something like this was implemented. No offense.

Oh
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever it will be i don't know, but even if they decided by now how will you acquire it.
    From what i can tell it will be the Mercenary Style with Orsinium

[PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    I think is the only idea that the devs are going to use from this forum all the bugs and other things they just simply ignore them
  • FuzzyDuck79
    FuzzyDuck79
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's what the devs have a problem with - catering to both groups and keeping them happy. What I would like to see instead is motifs that are "alliance dependent" like the shieldbreaker armor set just released. Would provide more diversity, plus I like the styling of it.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gerardopg wrote: »
    I think is the only idea that the devs are going to use from this forum all the bugs and other things they just simply ignore them

I really hope that they consider may idea. I took quite a bit of time to plan it out and make sure that it would be a really epic journey.
    Don't tank

• FuzzyDuck79
    FuzzyDuck79
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the idea of having a journey and going to different places to do different things in order to get the motif is a good idea though. Maybe having a choice of where to get materials from and different rates/risks to get it, rather than being forced to either PvP or PvE would get a slightly better response.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the idea of having a journey and going to different places to do different things in order to get the motif is a good idea though. Maybe having a choice of where to get materials from and different rates/risks to get it, rather than being forced to either PvP or PvE would get a slightly better response.

Ahh thats a good idea.

I changed up my post a bit so that players don't just get the material fragments while in cyrodiil. They must get them by completing a dolmen where a general has appeared. This will make sure that there is some PVE & PVP stuff together, but maybe these material fragments should also have a chance at dropping from Molag Bal Simulacrum.

If they were to come from Molag Bal Simulacrum, then I would still personally prefer that only alliance rank 20 players could recieve the material fragment, but these fragments would have to be epic, so maybe only the top 4 contributors of the Molag Bal Simulacrum fight would be able to get the material fragment.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on September 30, 2015 7:34PM
    Don't tank

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heh
    Marketing department should hire you.

Never thought I'd miss the good old days of relog farming for motifs.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What do you think @Enodoc & @MissBizz ?

What about you @Tabre & @Nifty2g ? Do you think that incorporating these items into veteran dungeon drops (same drop rate as set piece) would be a good idea?

@ZOS_GinaBruno , can you all look into this?
    Don't tank

• Levo18
    Levo18
    ✭✭✭✭
    STALHRIM.
  • FuzzyDuck79
    FuzzyDuck79
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah cater to the top 20 by giving a higher drop rate, the higher risk of dying areas like cyrodiil get a slightly higher rate and PvE lower rate where it's maybe a bit safer. The higher the risk the faster you can attain the pieces. Again the player has choice.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah cater to the top 20 by giving a higher drop rate, the higher risk of dying areas like cyrodiil get a slightly higher rate and PvE lower rate where it's maybe a bit safer. The higher the risk the faster you can attain the pieces. Again the player has choice.

Yea, players really like risk. Maybe the crafting material fragments should be able to be looted by a player if they gank, zerg, I mean defeat in glorious battle a holder of the crafting material fragments.
    Don't tank

• Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe they can give you a fragment in the writs like the glass motif, but now when you have 10 fragments you have to go buy a 50k resin, you put it together and you receive a token so you go to a new npc I expect that he is and Orc to match orsinium theme, then he is gonna give you a special writ, this writ is gonna be the same but you have to craft end game level so 150 new mats per piece, then you take it to yellow level, you deliver the writ and they give you a little writ box, when you have a chance of get one of the fragment then with 10 of this fragments you and a 100k special Orc resin you can make one chapter of the motif but you cannot learn it, you have to have all the chapter of the motif to make a whole book, and then you can learn the style.... I am so exciting for this idea and how it's gonna add a lot of end game content to the game that I don't really want to think how the materials for crafting are going to be found
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe they can give you a fragment in the writs like the glass motif, but now when you have 10 fragments you have to go buy a 50k resin, you put it together and you receive a token so you go to a new npc I expect that he is and Orc to match orsinium theme, then he is gonna give you a special writ, this writ is gonna be the same but you have to craft end game level so 150 new mats per piece, then you take it to yellow level, you deliver the writ and they give you a little writ box, when you have a chance of get one of the fragment then with 10 of this fragments you and a 100k special Orc resin you can make one chapter of the motif but you cannot learn it, you have to have all the chapter of the motif to make a whole book, and then you can learn the style.... I am so exciting for this idea and how it's gonna add a lot of end game content to the game that I don't really want to think how the materials for crafting are going to be found

Yea, I totally agree that my scheme should involve new crafting writs that call for v16 gear. that makes quite a bit of sense. I'll update the OP.
    Don't tank

• FuzzyDuck79
    FuzzyDuck79
    ✭✭✭

or we could just grind stuff until we have enough bits to go to a room and get a piece of a motif set and grind to get the materials for weeks. Personally I'd rather take the journey route and have some content than have to grind more, but each to their own.
  • Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but if you grind stuff like the xyvkin one is not so boring and you don't have to be forced to buy it from the crown store that is the idea of the motif
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many pvp players don't do any pve content, including crafting - and bound on pickup will mean they will never farm this item, as it will be useless to them, if it is not tradeable.

Many pve players don't want to walk into pvp areas at all, or they see pvp as "endgame content" and wait till they are max levelled before they even dare to enter Cyrodiil.

Not many people like fishing, or doing writs as they take a lot of time away from actual gameplay. Bound on pickup would make the motif very rare and with the current RNG system, it would become even more rare.

Imagine doing all the content and because you got bad luck with RNG you will get the full motif after 6 months. How would you feel? :)
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Many pvp players don't do any pve content, including crafting - and bound on pickup will mean they will never farm this item, as it will be useless to them, if it is not tradeable.

Many pve players don't want to walk into pvp areas at all, or they see pvp as "endgame content" and wait till they are max levelled before they even dare to enter Cyrodiil.

Not many people like fishing, or doing writs as they take a lot of time away from actual gameplay. Bound on pickup would make the motif very rare and with the current RNG system, it would become even more rare.

Imagine doing all the content and because you got bad luck with RNG you will get the full motif after 6 months. How would you feel? :)

Well, I do understand that concern and that is why I think that the pages for the motif should still be tradeable. That just makes sense.
    Don't tank

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't even begin to imagine why anyone would spend $50 on ANYTHING in the Crown Store. Purchasing the DLC is one thing, but purchasing cosmetic items for cash is kind of silly in my opinion.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but if you grind stuff like the xyvkin one is not so boring and you don't have to be forced to buy it from the crown store that is the idea of the motif

Crown Store™ will just be for convenience sake. Nobody will have to use it, but the motif may encourage people to subscribe which is good for the support of the game.
    Don't tank

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    I can't even begin to imagine why anyone would spend $50 on ANYTHING in the Crown Store. Purchasing the DLC is one thing, but purchasing cosmetic items for cash is kind of silly in my opinion.

Well, some people really like the cosmetic options, but don't really have the free time to play the game. The Crown Store™ choice is a good option for them.
    Don't tank

• FuzzyDuck79
    FuzzyDuck79
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

Unfortunately there are still some people that pay money for cosmetic things, some which pay excessive amounts, just to look "cool" in a game.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And be sure to tell ZOS to make it even more impossible to gather all the parts to make each chapter composed of fragment like glass but each fragment can only be made by gather 100 shredded paper bits to make 1 fragment and 10 fragments make 1 chapter.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And be sure to tell ZOS to make it even more impossible to gather all the parts to make each chapter composed of fragment like glass but each fragment can only be made by gather 100 shredded paper bits to make 1 fragment and 10 fragments make 1 chapter.

it sounds like you are excited to!
    Don't tank

• Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Falmer(snow elf) motif. :trollface:
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing with Writs ever again, thanks (unless it's a full page and not a crappy fragment).

There is nothing fun about doing them and wasting materials when you don't need the achievement, inspiration for leveling it, etc...

The Dwemer motif was implemented the right way... a chance to find a page looting Dwemer ruins. Xivkyn... not so bad either.

Glass was implemented horribly and they should never do that again. I stopped doing the writs although I got some from them, and instead I spent my time grinding in IC, selling high priced rare items and buying the pages I need once the prices dropped a bit. I earned WAY more gold than what it cost me to do it this way. Much better use of my time. The writs way felt like a money grab to get people to buy it from the store.

I have no problem buying Crowns and supporting ZOS, but that is a slap in the face if you ask me. I felt they did wrong by us with that, they need to cut that crap out and re-evaluate whoever's idea it was.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on September 30, 2015 8:34PM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Falmer(snow elf) motif. :trollface:

excellent, excellent, idea
    Don't tank