The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DKs Are Too Tanky PVP, Nerf Please

• Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    theres so much things wrong with Dks right now its not even funny, to say "they should be nerfed a little bit" is ridiculous because they got nerfed so hard.
    seriously L2P.
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
  • Corrupted_Soul
    Corrupted_Soul
    ✭✭✭
    g8q5GHV.jpg?1
    Corrupted_Soul - V16 DK - PS4 NA
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭
    lol this is coming from a nb. DK does NOT need a nerf. poor *** hit like wet noodles. the only thing they got going for them is that they can last alittle while. but they cant get away and they cant kill anything. they need some way to escape or something.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Rohaus wrote: »
    I have played DK since beta. It is actually the ONLY VR toon I have. I am rank 25 in Cyrodiil if that tells you anything. I am also Undaunted Rank 9 so I have put a decent amount of time into PvE as well.

That being said, unless you go Vamp, you have ZERO ways to flee. So, building to our strength of being inherently tanky... one must put on heavy armor, 5 pieces is my recommendation… even though Sorcs and NB’s have their easymode escape ability, I prefer the playstyle of a DK. Stand and fight!!! Don’t be a sissy and run.

I do find it funny to be on the front lines and seeing a mob of people try to kill me… only to have my organized group come in behind me and smoke all those fools that dropped all of their ultimate’s on me only to get squished and then I get to walk away perfectly fine. Hahaha… but sadly, this doesn’t happen as often as I would like it to. In the end, the majority of the time that I die is because of a zerg… 10+ people all wailing on me. My satisfaction is just seeing how long I can survive…

I would love it if the DK tank had it so that our spell damage/weapon damage was increased at a decent level according to the number of chumps beating on us. How fun would it be to have our damage increased only to be able to return the favor to those little zerglings running around.
    The big downside in tanky DKs is that, due to lack lack of DPS, you end up killing zero zerg members and dying in the end.

At least with a high DPS build, you might kill someone before being taken out.

This is why I play a medium armor DK, still tanky because of abilities (your physical and spell resistance gets mega nerfed in cyro ANYWAY, so there is really no point to have heavy armor on ) So at least I have a much higher crit rate, am more mobile, have higher dps and can sustain much better.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused. In the subject title op wants DKs nerfed but in the OP he wants them nurfed. Maybe it was a typo and we wants them smurfed. Well I can tell you right now OP, we have already been smurfed. Every freaking update they smurf us, and it doesn't take brainy smurf to see that either. We hit like smurfette now, we have been smurfed enough.
    Edited by Armitas on October 14, 2015 1:24PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    I'm confused. In the subject title op wants DKs nerfed but in the OP he wants them nurfed. Maybe it was a typo and we wants them smurfed. Well I can tell you right now OP, we have already been smurfed. Every freaking update they smurf us, and it doesn't take brainy smurf to see that either. We hit like smurfette now, we have been smurfed enough.

Exactly, smurf that smurfing smurf. =D
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, do you even ESO?

I dont play a DK, Ive tried, just cant do it... not my play style. However, you must be smokin crack if you think they need a nerf.

Honestly, you "nerf all the world" people need to chill out. Stop asking for nerfs bc you cant handle something. If I make a mistake, its my own dumb ass fault. Not the DK tanking...not the NB in his cloak... not the Sorc streakin around like a mad man or the Temp I cant kill bc hes healing too much. It means I need to up my game. Buff yourself, debuff them, figure out what it was you did wrong in the situation. Do something other than come to the forum and ask for nerfs.

BUFF the world ZOS, *** the NERFS!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I fought a magicka sorc on a magicka templar, we ended up in a draw.

So I should conclude that both are too tanky and shall be NERFED.

Since I end up in a draw when my magicka DK fights another one, I shall conclude that magicka DK must be NERFED.

Since 2 guys using Sword n' board speccing tank usually end up in draw, I shall conclude that Sword n' board must be NERFED. And since both of these guys were stam DKs, they shall be NERFED for good measure.

Since someone dies when a stam NB comes into play, they should probably be buffed tho.

**Logic**
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another nerfer.... L2P. I feel sorry for DK's, sometimes..
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Dude, do you even ESO?

I dont play a DK, Ive tried, just cant do it... not my play style. However, you must be smokin crack if you think they need a nerf.

Honestly, you "nerf all the world" people need to chill out. Stop asking for nerfs bc you cant handle something. If I make a mistake, its my own dumb ass fault. Not the DK tanking...not the NB in his cloak... not the Sorc streakin around like a mad man or the Temp I cant kill bc hes healing too much. It means I need to up my game. Buff yourself, debuff them, figure out what it was you did wrong in the situation. Do something other than come to the forum and ask for nerfs.

BUFF the world ZOS, *** the NERFS!

This, completey agree, so much whining and crying on forums just cos some whiner cant handle stuff, then they cry for nerfs.

Adapt nerf callers, nerf you lot instead.
    Why should everyone else suffer cos you cant L2P.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

You would probably want to nerf rock because it always beats you when you play scissors.

Quoted for posterity.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK needs buff - Not nerf. I have seen first hand how they got screwed over. I have orphaned my own DK for a templar for god sakes. I have seen my boyfriend's DK go thru so many changes with each small patch just to keep it somewhat viable in PVP. It's ridiculous - Stop going on about Nerf'ing them or I'll log onto mine and slap you with my floppy noodle boy.

You need your whinging chip nerfed mate.
    Edited by StevieKingslayer on October 15, 2015 1:43PM
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • Shiall
    Shiall
    ✭✭
    Hard to kill? Do you even tryed to kill a good (even not so good lol) sorc? Ah sorry - it's waste of time (well, shieldbreaker can help but if you're magicka user - you MAYBE manage to kill REALLY bad sorc).
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think too tanky might be an understatement here, a lot of times DKs are almost impossible to kill in 1 vs 1 duel! Even DKs are frustrated by the fact that they simply cannot kill another DK 1 on 1 after a loooooong fight. I think ZOS should do something to nurf DKs a little bit, at least to make them less god like??

This is the reason the game is terrible. ZOS listens to people like this and implements garbage which has ruined PVP.

-= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nah...........
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    nah...........

DK scrub out?
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    nah...........

DK scrub out?

actually, I am currently playing a DK:D so yes, that would apply to me