The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DKs Are Too Tanky PVP, Nerf Please

oxxalejandroxxo
oxxalejandroxxo
✭✭✭✭
I think too tanky might be an understatement here, a lot of times DKs are almost impossible to kill in 1 vs 1 duel! Even DKs are frustrated by the fact that they simply cannot kill another DK 1 on 1 after a loooooong fight. I think ZOS should do something to nurf DKs a little bit, at least to make them less god like??
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol you did a mistake son. Better edit your post before the DK's see you. :trollface:

No but seriously. Dk's really dont need more nerfs they need buffs imo.
    EU | PC
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    If only DK's did not have to run Heavy to survive in PvP and we actually had good class skills...............
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hahaha, i agree they are tanky as hell and i have a hard time taking them out sometimes, but they do not deserve a nerf for that. it's almost all they got. just letting you know, other commenters might not take lightly to your opinion lol
  • deathscythe
    deathscythe
    ✭✭
    ^ True dat. give them buffs so they can kill on another. Right now their Tanky cause they need to be to survive. Mobility is horrible. Vs a Night blade who needs to be mobile with cloak, etc.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wear medium armour, but can only tank as long as I do because idiot sorcs constantly spam frags at me after I keep reapplying absorb magic. The DKs you're talking about are probably built around heavy armour, maxed spell/armour penetration, high health but have really low damage. Because they are TANKS. Nothing to do with DK - it's just their play style and build.
    I agree with @Master_Kas - they actually need buffs in some areas, but definitely not nerfing. Try playing a DK tank and tell me afterwards if you feel like a God, or if you feel like a turtle tucked away in his shell. My guess is it will be the latter.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we nerf this post and OP learns to play. B)
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK's are so OP. I saw one kill like 50 people in their banner, then chained banners and solo took a keep against an entire pvp raid. Talons, inhale, shield bash and banner. OP.

:( wait what year is this?
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go and l2p. And leave the forums. Best thing, leave the game.
    People like you.. *sigh*
    Edited by Wollust on September 30, 2015 4:41PM
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • nothing2591
    nothing2591
    ✭✭✭
    dks are only tanky against classes where they can reflect most of their stuff, just root them a couple of times
    VR16 nb rank 28 svampenn
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is late for 8 months :mrgreen:
    Or... Or did they revert 1.5 while I was away? Plz say yes.

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Flattedfifth
    Flattedfifth
    ✭✭✭
    Yonkit wrote: »
    DK's are so OP. I saw one kill like 50 people in their banner, then chained banners and solo took a keep against an entire pvp raid. Talons, inhale, shield bash and banner. OP.

Yea, everyone wants this to be a year ago. I main a DK and I love it when i get a 1vX cause I have to work for it... But apparently, everyone wants every class to have all the same abilities and DKs to be able to solo zergs. I cant wait to 6 months from now where every comment in a DK pvp vid will be "lol you only win cuz you picked a easy mode class lol"

;(
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously ? ..... My brain litteraly can not process this thread and how silly it is.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think too tanky might be an understatement here, a lot of times DKs are almost impossible to kill in 1 vs 1 duel! Even DKs are frustrated by the fact that they simply cannot kill another DK 1 on 1 after a loooooong fight. I think ZOS should do something to nurf DKs a little bit, at least to make them less god like??

I loved to play my DK but it was nerf into the ground anymore nerfs and that class will end up being six feet under.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine how stam sorcs feel fighting dk tanks.

How do you fight someone who can match your dps output, has massive tanking abilities, and has nearly triple your defensive stats?
    Edited by Cathexis on September 30, 2015 6:16PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Desommettor
    Desommettor
    ✭✭
    Wow. Just wow; please do some research before you shout nerf at an already broken class. read this first post and you will know what we mean.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/219520/the-death-of-the-dragonknight/p1
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    n3SE40n.jpg
    Edited by Yonkit on September 30, 2015 7:22PM
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have played DK since beta. It is actually the ONLY VR toon I have. I am rank 25 in Cyrodiil if that tells you anything. I am also Undaunted Rank 9 so I have put a decent amount of time into PvE as well.

That being said, unless you go Vamp, you have ZERO ways to flee. So, building to our strength of being inherently tanky... one must put on heavy armor, 5 pieces is my recommendation… even though Sorcs and NB’s have their easymode escape ability, I prefer the playstyle of a DK. Stand and fight!!! Don’t be a sissy and run.

I do find it funny to be on the front lines and seeing a mob of people try to kill me… only to have my organized group come in behind me and smoke all those fools that dropped all of their ultimate’s on me only to get squished and then I get to walk away perfectly fine. Hahaha… but sadly, this doesn’t happen as often as I would like it to. In the end, the majority of the time that I die is because of a zerg… 10+ people all wailing on me. My satisfaction is just seeing how long I can survive…

I would love it if the DK tank had it so that our spell damage/weapon damage was increased at a decent level according to the number of chumps beating on us. How fun would it be to have our damage increased only to be able to return the favor to those little zerglings running around.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    omg_eagle1_zpsdxkzwxdh.gif
    Edited by Armitas on September 30, 2015 8:03PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    Finally we can take the spotlight off of magika nightblades.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finally we can take the spotlight off of magika nightblades.

Thanks for reminding every one there bud.

As he said magical NB are the problem here not DKs.
  • BalgusFlinn
    BalgusFlinn
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't kill this (insert class/race here) .
    I got killed by (insert class /race here) spamming (insert op broken skill here).)
    so better go on forums and QQ!
    Any class is tanky in heavy armor?
    Wanna be durable put on HEAVY ARMOR.
    People like OP are what's wrong with these forums , and its why everything is so out of balance.
    L2P, or go play a facebook game..

@ZOS stop listening to these.......people.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Troll?

DK has no immune system currently, they die by breathing the air.
    Edited by OdinForge on September 30, 2015 9:28PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My DK killed Molag Bal simulacrum and zerg of 30 yellers last night single handedly! lol lol lol
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah that was a good fight. I don't think AD will mess with me again after that.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. DKs are the tanky class. Any damage sponge you come across will be no threat to you. Their purpose is to distract and annoy; burn siege while you use it, res their allies etc. They have a legitimate purpose which is to be hard to kill. If you get killed by one then you have some issues.
    PC | EU
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How did they manage to convince 50 people to stand in their banner? lol

Edit: just realised it was a joke ;)
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on September 30, 2015 10:01PM
    PC | EU
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How did they manage to convince 50 people to stand in their banner? lol

Edit: just realised it was a joke ;)

Back in the day it was like the mots and the candle :smiley:
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    For people that don't understand the mechanics of this, it's a combination of magma armor, ult gen and/or reduced ult costs. When you have an ultimate that lasts around 10 seconds, with 15-20 second recast, and every recast gives you enough stam through battle roar (and earthen heart passive) to block through that 5 sec or longer... Then you're tanky as hell.

I'd assume that DK's resource generation is going to be addressed at some point. Sorc dark exchange and NB siphoning got nerfed in the last patch to be flat values, it's only a matter of time for DK's helping hand and battle roar to suffer the same fate
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people that don't understand the mechanics of this, it's a combination of magma armor, ult gen and/or reduced ult costs. When you have an ultimate that lasts around 10 seconds, with 15-20 second recast, and every recast gives you enough stam through battle roar (and earthen heart passive) to block through that 5 sec or longer... Then you're tanky as hell.

I'd assume that DK's resource generation is going to be addressed at some point. Sorc dark exchange and NB siphoning got nerfed in the last patch to be flat values, it's only a matter of time for DK's helping hand and battle roar to suffer the same fate

Tell me how you get 200 Ultimate in 15 seconds please.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just as a "more you know" moment all DKs can really do in pvp right now is hide behind a shield in full heavy armor block cast spam flame lash. That's all a DK can do in pvp. Were more useless in pvp than templars and that is saying something.