The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DKs Are Too Tanky PVP, Nerf Please

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Sorc went 1v1 with a DK the other day for more than 5 minutes, and neither one of us could significantly damage the other. Finally, we just put down our weapons and walked away, LOL.

What is the problem with this, though? I figured it meant we were well balanced against each other.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think too tanky might be an understatement here, a lot of times DKs are almost impossible to kill in 1 vs 1 duel! Even DKs are frustrated by the fact that they simply cannot kill another DK 1 on 1 after a loooooong fight. I think ZOS should do something to nurf DKs a little bit, at least to make them less god like??

First, they should never modify the game based on 1v1. At least not until there is something that is really 1v1 in the game.

Second, matchups. You would probably want to nerf rock because it always beats you when you play scissors.

Third, did they kill you? If not, where's the problem?

Fourth, how are they god-like if they can't even kill another DK? Isn't that just more evidence that they can't do sufficient DPS? Bizarre logic.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    I have played DK since beta. It is actually the ONLY VR toon I have. I am rank 25 in Cyrodiil if that tells you anything. I am also Undaunted Rank 9 so I have put a decent amount of time into PvE as well.

That being said, unless you go Vamp, you have ZERO ways to flee. So, building to our strength of being inherently tanky... one must put on heavy armor, 5 pieces is my recommendation… even though Sorcs and NB’s have their easymode escape ability, I prefer the playstyle of a DK. Stand and fight!!! Don’t be a sissy and run.

I do find it funny to be on the front lines and seeing a mob of people try to kill me… only to have my organized group come in behind me and smoke all those fools that dropped all of their ultimate’s on me only to get squished and then I get to walk away perfectly fine. Hahaha… but sadly, this doesn’t happen as often as I would like it to. In the end, the majority of the time that I die is because of a zerg… 10+ people all wailing on me. My satisfaction is just seeing how long I can survive…

I would love it if the DK tank had it so that our spell damage/weapon damage was increased at a decent level according to the number of chumps beating on us. How fun would it be to have our damage increased only to be able to return the favor to those little zerglings running around.
    The big downside in tanky DKs is that, due to lack lack of DPS, you end up killing zero zerg members and dying in the end.

At least with a high DPS build, you might kill someone before being taken out.
  • rordogg
    rordogg
    ✭✭✭
    Bahahaha wait are you serious? I barely see many DKs as it is now.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this seriously a nerf DK thread? I need to go lay down.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    Is this seriously a nerf DK thread? I need to go lay down.

Yeah. I should probably go wipe up all the blood that shot out of my eyes after reading this thread, then I'll go lay down as well.
    Edited by Armitas on October 1, 2015 10:20AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

Yeah. I should probably go wipe up all the blood that shot out of my eyes after reading this thread, then I'll go lay down as well.

I'll be with you guys shortly. Just waiting for my body to stop convulsing from reading this ridiculous thread, then I'll go lay down too.
  • Dober
    Dober
    ✭✭
    So after they nerfed DKs you guys are still complaining about it?
    Follow us on Facebook - The Syndicate ESO
    Join us on the PSN Community Group - The Syndicate ESO
    Add me on Facebook "Karl Doberman" for Auction inv and much more
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people that don't understand the mechanics of this, it's a combination of magma armor, ult gen and/or reduced ult costs. When you have an ultimate that lasts around 10 seconds, with 15-20 second recast, and every recast gives you enough stam through battle roar (and earthen heart passive) to block through that 5 sec or longer... Then you're tanky as hell.

I'd assume that DK's resource generation is going to be addressed at some point. Sorc dark exchange and NB siphoning got nerfed in the last patch to be flat values, it's only a matter of time for DK's helping hand and battle roar to suffer the same fate

It got nerfed this last patch too, guess you don't play a magicka dk. (though not many do anymore)
    Edited by Domander on October 1, 2015 11:22AM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP maybe before you call for a nerf for the whole class why didn't you just whisper said DK and ask what armor they wear? Tankiness isn't just CP and class skills, its armor and jewelry and enchants. You could learn something if you just ask ^_^
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look if you really want a DK nerf look at reflective scales now only deal a bonus damage of 20% instead of 35% while also only reflecting 4 projectiles for 4 seconds . So there a DK nerf happened already.
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, instead of asking for someone to nurf an entire class why don't YOU just buff yourself. Craft better gear. Level up. Learn the tactics to deal with a DK tank (like CC!). Or whatever weakness YOU have. I watch my friends wreck DKs every night. It may take a few extra hits but DK tanks arent putting much hurt on you while they spam buffs and hold block.
    PS4-NA-DC
    PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think too tanky might be an understatement here, a lot of times DKs are almost impossible to kill in 1 vs 1 duel! Even DKs are frustrated by the fact that they simply cannot kill another DK 1 on 1 after a loooooong fight. I think ZOS should do something to nurf DKs a little bit, at least to make them less god like??

LMFAO!!!..... Keep feeding the beast bro.... the more they nerf us, the harder we laugh when we rekt you!

You either a really bad player or a really good Troll!
    Edited by PhatGrimReaper on October 2, 2015 3:59AM
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we nerf templars? That tickly jabbi-jab thing is annoying. It doesn't hurt much but it IS still annoying.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    Can we nerf templars? That tickly jabbi-jab thing is annoying. It doesn't hurt much but it IS still annoying.

Well I would agree that tickly jabbi jab is annoying and needs to go just like WB spamming but bitting jabs is all a templar really has .........
  • AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    Can't tell if troll or... :|
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Stam dk tank is impossible to kill for me (stamblade), but indeed they dont have much dps either. He had black rose heavy set and endurance set and 37k stam. It does seem unfair that dk is still the only class who can permablock bc they can get resources back with ults. I wouldnt cry for nerf for this however. I do need to upgrade my own equipment.
    Btw how do you send tells crossfaction?
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO
    Just as a "more you know" moment all DKs can really do in pvp right now is hide behind a shield in full heavy armor block cast spam flame lash. That's all a DK can do in pvp. Were more useless in pvp than templars and that is saying something.

As a templar i do agree ! DK and temps are the useless classes in pvp
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Btw how do you send tells crossfaction?

Say you wanna /w a guy named MyLittleDK...

/t MyLittleDK,

Then spacebar. Notice the coma.

I think I saw a "Whisper target" in my controls as well, but this might come from an addon (I'm thinking pChat).
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    is this real?
    you must really suck if you're getting killed by a tank hhahahhahaha

go play lego star wars or minecraft.. just turn the game in.
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    is this real?
    you must really suck if you're getting killed by a tank hhahahhahaha

go play lego star wars or minecraft.. just turn the game in.

Are you for real?
    You must really suck at life with zero tolerant comments like this.
    That's not very constructive advice you're giving.

ZOS actually tried to do something against this kind of gameplay (permablocking). They removed staminaregen while blocking. But this doesn't bother DK-s much, who have tons of stamina and an ultimate to cast every once in a while.
    They can still permablock, and block cast 1vX. Also there are techniques to do decent dps like this.
    So ZOS mostly screwed blocking for other classes with this change.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Permablock was never a real problem to begin with. It was an inconvenience.
    Edited by Armitas on October 2, 2015 3:27PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DKs have been nerfed to pretty much nothing, they are a shadow of their former greatness....

Nerf these bloody whine threads I say, if you cannot kill a DK then l2p, dont come on the forums crying about nerf this, or nerf that.

There are counters to every skill, there are ways to defeat every class, take the time out, perfect or indeed learn your build OP, and adapt and get a grip.

Bloody entitlement of some players in this game, if you cannot kill something due to w/e, then its the classes fault, its never them or their possible lack of skill, or w/e, and classes get nerfed to the point of a friggin fly could kill them.

/facepalm
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• 1Grumpy_dunmer1
    You just earned my first L2P comment. Congrats!
    XxbothbarrelsxX ps4 NA
    Magicka nightblade vr16 EP
    Magicka dragonknight vr16 EP
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know this did get me thinking that tank builds in general need buffed for PvP. Cause all the CC spamming from fear to wrecking blow does tend to drain stamina pretty fast. Maybe if heavy armor had it's reduce break free cost as a passive again and maybe reduce snare perhaps.
  • rodderstheangry
    rodderstheangry
    Soul Shriven
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Imagine how stam sorcs feel fighting dk tanks.

How do you fight someone who can match your dps output, has massive tanking abilities, and has nearly triple your defensive stats?

That's what you get for playing a stam sorc. DKs do NOT need a nerf. They need some buffs.
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yonkit wrote: »
    DK's are so OP. I saw one kill like 50 people in their banner, then chained banners and solo took a keep against an entire pvp raid. Talons, inhale, shield bash and banner. OP.

:( wait what year is this?

@Yonkit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLI0lqIMTkU
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭

Who gives a *** how long they can survive if they also have crappy damage.. Just let him continue to nibble on your ankles while you kill someone else. They are hardly gods.. More like anvils.. Yeah they can take a beating but they wont kill anyone, unless it was dropoed on your head.

• a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    Yonkit wrote: »
    DK's are so OP. I saw one kill like 50 people in their banner, then chained banners and solo took a keep against an entire pvp raid. Talons, inhale, shield bash and banner. OP.

:( wait what year is this?

@Yonkit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLI0lqIMTkU

Dont even know what i was watching there.. Some yank spamming impulse?