The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rivenspire taking a long time to load

Mhylton44142
Mhylton44142
✭✭
Rivenspire is taking a very long time to load, currently at 10 minutes, what's going on?
  • DEADhorizon
    +1 for this.. I've tried 3 separate times now and it won't load.
  • DEADhorizon
    Fix it.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It loads for me every time after 10 or 15 minutes, but is unplayable due to lag. Other zones work fine.
  • xRAGEx
    xRAGEx
    ✭✭
    Fix the blaming loading screens.
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Same here
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

"Did I pay full price for a beta?" ...
  • Nathrandir
    There's clearly an issue with Rivenspire. I can load any other area fairly quickly, but when I try to port back to Rivenspire, I get stuck on the loading screen forever. I've tried re-launching the game, rebooting my PS4, porting to different way shrines all to no avail.

I mean, it does load eventually, but waiting 15 minutes is absurd. ZOS needs to fix this zone.
  • Scorpio_Alik'ri
    Likewise...

OlkIZ4p.jpg
  • xRAGEx
    xRAGEx
    ✭✭
    Having the same issue as you on PS4 NA server.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're aware there's an issue with Rivenspire either taking a long time to load, or performance issues in the city itself; we're working on a fix for it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nathrandir wrote: »
    There's clearly an issue with Rivenspire. I can load any other area fairly quickly, but when I try to port back to Rivenspire, I get stuck on the loading screen forever. I've tried re-launching the game, rebooting my PS4, porting to different way shrines all to no avail.

I mean, it does load eventually, but waiting 15 minutes is absurd. ZOS needs to fix this zone.
    There's an issue with it on PC, too. Rivenspire's ping times are always in the 400-500 ranges, despite any other area being 80-100 ping for me. It's been like that since IC launched.
  • Scorpio_Alik'ri
    It usually takes 20+ minutes to load Rivenspire. I tried coming in through the Stormhaven border but I had to close the app and restart. Wayshrines take a similar time as well. Also, there's a noticeable lag or delay when you try to interact with objects or NPCs.
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue last night on Rivenspire PS4 EU. It took around 20 minutes to get to the Shornhelm Wayshrine from Alikr which is making crafting writs impossible for me to do at the moment
  • Scorpio_Alik'ri
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, the Rivenspire loading screen issue and glitching have been resolved. I spent a few hours in Rivenspire questing and it went smoothly. Thank you.
  • alexandava
    Cool not just me. Yesterday had no issues but today long load times in Rivenspire and seems very laggy while playing.
    Edited by alexandava on September 30, 2015 1:38AM
  • alexandava
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, the Rivenspire loading screen issue and glitching have been resolved. I spent a few hours in Rivenspire questing and it went smoothly. Thank you.

No issue still happening
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem comes and goes.

When there's a problem, it usually persists for several hours, but then it'll be fine for a long time, and then it'll come back again.

In my personal experience, it's been fine more often than it's been broken. But it's been broken enough times that I've started to try out other cities as my home base (still, Shornhelm is the best).
    Edited by code65536 on September 30, 2015 3:23PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes worse than others, but never good. I use Shornhelm as base too. And our guild just got a trader there...
  • Mhylton44142
    Mhylton44142
    ✭✭
    I was able to play in Rivenspire last night...let's hope that it continues to be that way
  • Minibuns
    Minibuns
    It hasn't I been in there all day and it has progressively gotten worse. 3o min load times. Lag in moves. Even looting npc u just killed takes 4 ever
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minibuns wrote: »
    It hasn't I been in there all day and it has progressively gotten worse. 3o min load times. Lag in moves. Even looting npc u just killed takes 4 ever

Yup. looks like it was only a temp fix - because the issue is back and it's looking worse than ever.
  • Mhylton44142
    Mhylton44142
    ✭✭
    I'm glad I got in and finished what I needed to on Saturday...on to Alik'r Desert for me.
  • Krugan1048
    Happened again today got a v3 sorc and thats the next area to quest, how do I progress if the area is broken, come on guys its been a few weeks, get it fixed.
  • deadlyhuwe
    Rivenspire won't even load now. This is my second alt that hit the Rivenspire wall with an experience scroll active.
    Also don't quick travel to Rivenspire, because it costs gold with a quick travel penalty if you try more than once. I lost a 1000 gold on one character before this was figured out.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Rivenspire is messed up... for the third time that even I can recall. Same old issues. Forget the new DLC - let's fix the current issues before adding more new wallpaper on the decrepit and cracked walls!!
  • Minibuns
    Minibuns
    Here we go again just after orsinium launch and I been on loading screen for rivenspire for 30min and going now wtf. Always something. MUTE-80 PS4
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, every time something major changes in the game - Rivenspire gets messed up. Something is obviously fundamentally wrong with it.