The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dear cloak nerf crew,

• Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beedles wrote: »
    ALL the counters are useless against this with the speed they can achieve

Have you tried a snare instead of mindlessly spamming attacks for DPS numbers? Caltrops alone snares for 70% movement speed. Stampede is 60%.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on September 26, 2015 2:40AM
  • rordogg
    rordogg
    ✭✭✭
    Beedles wrote: »
    ALL the counters are useless against this with the speed they can achieve

Have you tried a snare instead of mindlessly spamming attacks for DPS numbers? Caltrops alone snares for 70% movement speed. Stampede is 60%.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]

Caltrops is great outside of imperial city. But inside that just pulls everything in the room and everything that was following the NB onto you.
  • Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭
    All I'm seeing is a ton of L2P scrubs complaining to be honest.

"You can pull a NB out of cloak but then he goes straight back into it..." - As soon as he comes out of cloak, gap close and CC him! You can't cloak when you can't control your character... While he's CC'd burn him to the ground. I do this all the time with my non NB characters and it works fine.

We need to stop all the scrubs having influence on nerfs and PVP patches.

If you can't kill a cloaking NB, I'd love to see how to fare against all the other classes in general.

Nerf's to all classes are making this game very boring.

The NB doesn't just come out of cloak. Any decent nightblade has the exact timing of it in their muscle memory and knows how to stay completely hidden all the time.

Hypothetically say you do CC him. He breaks CC and cloaks again then runs away. He has immunity now, within that 6 seconds he's got double take, cloak and he's in the opposite part of tamriel.

Burning someone to the ground during a CC? in update 7? Lol. I'd love to see how you can deal 20k damage within 1 second in cyrodiil.

"Rock is too OP, please nerf"
    Sincerely, Scissors.
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lutallo He wouldn't be running if he had a full bar of health.

That's the point.

In update 7, if you have half a brain, you're not gonna get killed from stealth by a NB quickly at all.

(Keep your buffs up and your head on a swivel and you shouldn't drop fast enough to be 'ganked' anymore)

Every time a squishy Nightblade attacks, he has to come out of stealth right? So hit him then...

Just as a NB has muscle memory for cloaking, you will have muscle memory for your cc own or gap closer.

The key with NB is to keep them close, and as soon as they run, aoe them out of stealth and gap close/cc them.

A Nightblade with enough resources to stay hidden forever, will not have much HP so just smash them when they're up.

It's all about timing, skill, and awareness of the situation.

Maybe you should try a Nightblade so you can learn how they play, and then use it against them when you're running you're other character.

I run NBs, Temps and Sorcs so far, and playing each of them has helped me combat them significantly. DK is next on the list!

• Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lutallo also, a lot of nightblades will either just cloak immediately, or if they're smart, they'll dodge roll to create space, and then cloak and dash.

So anytime you see a NB dodge roll, use your gap closer to stay on top of him.

KEEP THE PRESSURE ON!