Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Biggest let down ever... Dyed Glass Armor.

• Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Well, most armors have similar problem in proper dyes on various parts.
    So far the Xivkyn style is one of few looking best in all parts but...
    Glass armor is not only one of the most awesome armors but also not so bad for dyes, especially that even as basic armor without dyes it looks great. It likes so much shiny gold or silver - with proper combinations looks queenly.
    I personally love the look of my armor with
    Alchemist Bilious (most awesome dye I unlocked so far, usually great light gold effect on all styles)
    Nirnroot Gray (looks nice as 2-nd dye, I could not find any better, I agree that part of the armor could more like shiny dyes)
    Coldharbour Ash Black (great finisher especially for helmet)

80CeLHf.jpg
    3ZL4L41.jpg
    mzJSJbp.jpg
    XCg5ZrF.jpg

Here with daedric shield all in Alchemist Bilious
    CbcT03e.jpg

RMWn3zN.jpg
    Definitely attracts attention :)
    1lRg8h1.png

PS. belt and gloves are medium armor.

That's funny because that's actually a similar combination that I came up with for my Glass armor on my Templar... Maybe because that's actually the few colors that looks a little good with Glass heavy armor. The dye system was incorrect after Glass armor came out. Every armor after that including the newest update for Thieves and DB have new armors that when you put the heavy armor on under the dye system, it produces incorrect dyes.

Also you've proven my point with your Daedric shield there. Notice the Glass armor has lighter color than the shield? That's an incorrect shade but obviously the same color was selected. You've proven my point by showing how the color "pops" with the shield but its muted and dull on the glass armor.

Try Mercenary heavy armor and put black or red dye on and see if it comes out correct. I already know it won't because you will get grey and pink.

Look at my pictures comparing the basic colors red yellow and black. Notice how Glass armor doesn't look the same and this will apply to all the new armors as well. All I'm asking for is consistency where it's logically due.

If I want red Glass heavy armor, why wouldn't it be able to do it? The game can produce red on previous armor styles...

If I want black Glass armor, why shouldn't I be able to get it? The game can produce black on the previous styles...

So once again, I'm calling out all the devs.. @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober Can someone tell me why the dye system got so screwy after Glass armors came out and why every new armor is following the same suit?
    Edited by Djeriko on June 8, 2016 2:01AM
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • Hearts_Wake
    Hearts_Wake
    ✭✭✭
    Djeriko wrote: »
    So after many months of waiting and writs being completed, we finally see glass armor motifs in the crown store. For some its the first time we can craft glass armor in a full set. But once we get it, burn all of those precious malachites and then run to the dye table, we are blasted with by far the WORST JOB IN THE DYE SYSTEM SO FAR!

The blacks aren't even black, they are a very light grey that's almost white! The reds aren't even red, they are all just a shade of pink! And don't even get me started on the white colors. First the dye system lets us down because no one seems to want to get the SHIELD DYE SYSTEM working but now we get this lazy color by numbers hack of a system that just makes our earned dyes a waste since they are NEVER THE COLOR WE WANT! If you select red, you should get red. If you select black, you should get black. If you want pink, guess what?! All you have to do is select red and you got your pink thanks to whoever was responsible for the dye system on glass armor! Sorry ZOS, you dropped a major ball here!

@ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JasonLeavey can we see some kind of help here?

Well y'all gonna try and improve this or nah?

QQ.
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dye system is generally a bit hit and miss.

Devs, red should be red, blue should be blue.

On a really basic level; the colour of the dye should match colour that appears on the armour. If not then what's the point of having colours and names of colours on the dye system???.

If you want armours to look specific re colours then provide specific palettes for eachildren armour (or grey out the unusable ones).

This would allow us some faith that dye colour = armour colour.