The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Loading screen .... Loading screen .... Loading screen

MystixCZ
MystixCZ
✭✭✭
My game is ....

Login to game ... loading screen .................. select chcaracter ... loading screen ................... join to PvP ... 40 gamers before me .... i´am waiting ..................................... go to Cyro ... loading screen ................................ move to base to IC gate ...... go to Imperial city ... loading screen ........................... I can play the game ... but I am frustrated from loading screen fest ... Game'm tired
Breton | Templar | CP 700+ | Achiv point 23K+
  • Prodigy1971
    Prodigy1971
    ✭✭
    And not only loading screens but endless loading screens: "Can take a little longer..."

I have loading screens for more than 2-3 minutes. The longest was over 10+ minutes. Ridiculous!
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    SSD helps a bit, but not that much ...

Still 1-3 min loading screens and crashes if you alt-tab because you got bored of loading screen.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since the latest download I now have a 50% chance of crashing when in the loading screen.

Surprisingly this is not a bad thing because it takes no longer to restart, login, select character, get back to where I was than it does for the loading screen to clear...
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    I love the loading screen of death where your character is like 2K/1.6 miles above the surface and you fall to your death...hello, It's called raytracing/raycasting ZOS learn how to do it.
    I also am frustrated by the constant loading screens....if I am not dying it is taking it's sweet ass time to load up somewhere, and then the out of nowhere loading screens...they are fun...you are walking and BOOM! loading screen for no apparent reason...WTF was that, did I time travel what?
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC dailies are just so worthless, its not worth to go through all of those loading screens. I think IC dailie bags should give like 200 stones.
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    I've been experiencing loading screams since the update.

It is. So. Bad.

No 10 min extremes like on PCs, but over 1 min every time (it was under 20 secs before the update on PS4).
    It adds up, as they keep coming one after the other just to reach a certain area.

Since then I think it twice to go setcrafting for guildies, or use wayshrines at all. I just horseride through all of Craglorn instead of jumping. It's swifter.
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'm taking a break until this is fixed. If there's one thing worse than wasting your time playing MMOs, its wasting your time watching MMO loading screens.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The longest loading screen I experience in general and pretty much every time is when I go to Rawl'kha. Sometimes I have a short loading screen, sometimes a bit lengthy but Rawl'kha is the only one that takes so long I get the message "This may be an unusually long loading time." but then again I haven't been to Cyrodiil since the patch lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Ling
    Ling
    ✭✭✭
    every patch/hotfix i hope zos will fix it, but .... nothing :|
    Lìng ~ Ebonheart-Pact
    Achievement points: 33290
    Alliance rank: Grand Overlord (50)(since 2016)
    Soloplayer
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this 2015 or 1985? Sometimes I forget playing ESO...

bttfii_2.jpg

PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loading screen is nothing,

Spawn into game,
    Move 2 paces,
    Fall through world......
    Die, Press E instead of R by mistake,

YAAAAAY i respawn under the imperial city and the sewers in a verrrrrry dull place where i cannot even kill myself,

Mount my horse and ride,
    I ride till the floor/ground becomes a chess board,

Then i pop the question,
    HOW do i get back?

/stuck.....

Cost me 150g for a zenni F'up...
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I log on to 4 characters to get hireling mails - used to take 10 minutes, now it takes over half an hour. Oh I get it, this is another crafter nerf...
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, one of the reasons why I unsubbed. Lately I've had limited time, and when it takes around half an hour+ to just cover the simple logging into main / alts to do hireling, mount trainings, guild store listings, etc., that is just a red flag. Game has gotten laggy as hell since IC, and quality simply plummeted.

It's a pity where this game went. TESO had so much potential.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long is your loading screen because I have not faced a long loading screen only when I login. I even tested out on my crapy laptop and the loading screen was the same ( login only). For IC it took like 16sec but the lag ( when a large GRP of players are there) is real.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh who cares atleast the new art is sexy.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on September 22, 2015 1:33PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MystixCZ wrote: »
    My game is ....

Login to game ... loading screen .................. select chcaracter ... loading screen ................... join to PvP ... 40 gamers before me .... i´am waiting ..................................... go to Cyro ... loading screen ................................ move to base to IC gate ...... go to Imperial city ... loading screen ........................... I can play the game ... but I am frustrated from loading screen fest ... Game'm tired

You missed the part where you'll get a loading screen just walking around sometimes. I mean, the game is actually in an unplayable state for me right now.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I log on to 4 characters to get hireling mails - used to take 10 minutes, now it takes over half an hour. Oh I get it, this is another crafter nerf...

30 minutes for me. Seriously, to log in to all eight characters, feed their horses, and collect hireling mail is taking me 30 minutes to an hour right now with the loading times. Might be why I haven't fed any horses in about 3 days now.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh who cares atleast the new art is sexy.

Sexy? Only if we could add nude/sex loading screen mod like in skyrim :trollface:
    Edited by Van_0S on September 22, 2015 1:38PM
  • Hope499
    Hope499
    ✭✭✭✭
    My game is ....

Yup, cracked and bought TTk last night...couldn't do the loading screen thang any longer....
    Tripped over my friends bra.....
    ..she is always setting booby traps!
  • Sarrge
    Sarrge
    Oh, I wish I just had long load times to worry about...

Yup. Long Wait on Load Screen > Character appears MOMENTARILY where they ought to be > Load Screen > Falling to Death/alternate place in the zone/water/water UNDERNEATH the playable world... FML

I have submitted nigh about 100 bug reports with screenshot included - Of my characters dead having smacked the ground - Of my characters splashing in the ocean beneath the playable world.

Oh, and then there's the "lucky" drops where I wind up landing alive somewhere outside of town at some random nearby-ish locale. and then I get to run back to town to do my banking/adventure prep.

Just doing basic character swaps to do a little bank management takes a blasted hour!

MY FRUSTRATION FILTER IS NOW FULL!
    Edited by Sarrge on October 20, 2015 9:26AM
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this issue is REALLY REALLY getting tiresome. Very annoying, and decreasing my enjoyment of the game. Yeah, banking and switching characters is super annoying.
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    My game is ....

You get an awesome.... yeap my load screens feel a little out of hand. Im up to like 4-5 mins per screen in primetime and my rig isn't even bad.
    The Teach - AD Templar
  • urkonse
    urkonse
    ✭✭✭
    "This loading may take unusuall long time"
    Edited by urkonse on October 20, 2015 9:32AM
    Lightning guild is recruiting active players at any level & skill ( PS4 , EU)
  • Sarrge
    Sarrge
    This does not apply to the long load times, but to the login and fall through the earth, air, etc.:

I've been having this issue for a long time (PC version) - since the DLC update, i think.

I've tweeked and played with the following: LUA memory, addons and mods, changing the in-game realestate where I log off and several other hair brained "what if" scenarios.

I bought a new laptop (not to fix this) and the problem followed me to the new gear > 16GB RAM, 5 GB Video, i7, etc.

Since I've got a hugely powerful new system, I was running with my video settings maxed out. I cut them back (due to the heat generated!) to roughly medium and I haven't had this happen since. Still testing, but it looks like the video settings is at least a contributor if not the cause.

Solution (at least until a fix is provided): lower your in-game video settings and slowly re-up so long as you don't replicate the problem. If you do, go back to the last video setting increase and dial it back.
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome in The Loading Screens Online. It's new concept.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detector wrote: »
    Welcome in The Loading Screens Online. It's new concept.
    It's The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Loading Screens.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My game is ....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXfHZ_m6XfZHwuuLRDLfLSf6BO7PGYDIwgb3wFN1G-pmrfqBGCnVWYpFsxrQ
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, one of the reasons why I unsubbed. Lately I've had limited time, and when it takes around half an hour+ to just cover the simple logging into main / alts to do hireling, mount trainings, guild store listings, etc

On days when that doesn't seem fun, I do something else.

I had one afternoon where all I did was sneak around and look in containers for motifs. Didn't steal (much... some stuff just fell in my pocket, honest) but it ws more a scouting (and mocking) mission than anything else.

As for loading screen issues. My first two fixes are open up the computer and air/canned air it out or lower the video quality.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    My game is ....

60-90% time of loading screen is waiting for zone server access.
    Still waiting for Sithis.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarrge wrote: »
    This does not apply to the long load times, but to the login and fall through the earth, air, etc.:

I've been having this issue for a long time (PC version) - since the DLC update, i think.

I've tweeked and played with the following: LUA memory, addons and mods, changing the in-game realestate where I log off and several other hair brained "what if" scenarios.

I bought a new laptop (not to fix this) and the problem followed me to the new gear > 16GB RAM, 5 GB Video, i7, etc.

Since I've got a hugely powerful new system, I was running with my video settings maxed out. I cut them back (due to the heat generated!) to roughly medium and I haven't had this happen since. Still testing, but it looks like the video settings is at least a contributor if not the cause.

Solution (at least until a fix is provided): lower your in-game video settings and slowly re-up so long as you don't replicate the problem. If you do, go back to the last video setting increase and dial it back.

Thanks for that information. I hope those suffering the problem will try your workaround and see if it fixes things for them, and if several do find it useful it then hopefully it should be possible to work out which particular setting is making a difference. I know that ZOS are working on a more permanent fix but it never does any harm to find a user's workaround in the meantime - and it may help ZOS as well as the players.
This discussion has been closed.