Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help Me please...

ArchGrizzlyOp
ArchGrizzlyOp
✭✭
Hello Community. I am making a new character and its going to be an Dps orc but i need help on picking a good class for that race?

If you could help me out i would really appreciate that.

Thank you
Guild Leader for Brotherhood of Blood, North American Server, Xbox one.

Apply to join is today - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229042/brotherhood-of-blood-is-recruiting-pvp-pve-rp?new=1

"Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?"
-- Fadomai
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well by reading about your passives http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Racial+Skills
    Orcs are good for stamina dps builds.

I don't know much about other classes, but don't go templar. We use mainly class abilities for main dps skills, and you will not benefit much from that.
  • Francis_Toliver
    Francis_Toliver
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Community. I am making a new character and its going to be an Dps orc but i need help on picking a good class for that race?

If you could help me out i would really appreciate that.

Thank you

While I would disagree. Stamina Templars are very viable DPS. Any Stamina DPS is going to use weapons for most of their damage. Two handed is best for single target while dual weapons probably has the best stamina AOE in the game. Bows if you prefer ranged or special effects (though Hidden Blade is just as viable for single target range).

The benefit of a Stamina Templar is that you also have some healing to get you through, especially the "free heal" of repentance (the morph of restoring aura) and the few Stamina morphs of the class skill. The healing really helps at low levels and adds a nice group heal for free at higher levels while the Stamina morph Biting Jabs hits like a truck. The passives are very useful (for the most part) and its easy to work as either a tank or dps.

The class also has the benefit of being easy to learn without the more complicated synergies required to make the most out of a Dragon Knight (for instance). So for someone new to the game it is an Ideal introductory class that will still be very good at end game.

The downsides of the class are the lack of crowd control (no talons or chain) and the lack of mobility (no teleports, shadow cloaks or steaks). They do have Toppling charge as a good entering move but no good way to get out of a fight if things go south.

So that's the upside and downside for Templars. I play both a Stamina and a Magika Templar (along with a Sorcerer, a Nightblade and a Stamina Dragon Knight). and enjoy them plenty.
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    Okay thank you both. :D

Apply to join is today - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229042/brotherhood-of-blood-is-recruiting-pvp-pve-rp?new=1

-- Fadomai
  • BaldusMageezack
    BaldusMageezack
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade class skills offer good stamina dps. Just wanted to toss that out there. And I hear orcs make good NB. Maybe try a bit of each just roll them and try them out to see what you like before leveling too high
    Edited by BaldusMageezack on September 20, 2015 8:42PM
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    Nightblade class skills offer good stamina dps. Just wanted to toss that out there. And I hear orcs make good NB. Maybe try a bit of each just roll them and try them out to see what you like before leveling too high

Yea i guess i could try that. Thank you
    :smile:

-- Fadomai
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Francis_Toliver I never said stamina templars were not viable.

I said don't go stamina templar, as orcs have passives for using weapon skills and templars use mainly class abilities for dps ^^
    Any Stamina DPS is going to use weapons for most of their damage.
    I have to disagree with you on this point. Stamina templars main dps skill is Biting Jabs and it is a class ability.
  • Francis_Toliver
    Francis_Toliver
    ✭✭✭
    @Francis_Toliver I never said stamina templars were not viable.

I said don't go stamina templar, as orcs have passives for using weapon skills and templars use mainly class abilities for dps ^^
    Any Stamina DPS is going to use weapons for most of their damage.
    I have to disagree with you on this point. Stamina templars main dps skill is Biting Jabs and it is a class ability.

Ah, didn't realize your point. Hmm. I agree that that the Orc passive doesn't synergize well with with Biting Jabs, however, while Stamina Templars can use Biting Jabs as their main dps, if I was running a Orc Templar I would simply use Wrecking Blow for single target and/or Steel Tornado for AOE. Just because Stamina Templars have Biting Jabs doesn't mean they need to use it. There are lots of dps tools available.

If I were a Bosmer Templar I would use Bow skills over Biting Jabs for their passive bonuses (Stealth). I run an Imperial Stamina Templar and prefer melee attacks over Biting Jabs for the Imperial bonus (Red Diamond). In fact, I would choose the same for a Redguard.

Best as I can tell, all the stamina racial passives give their bonuses for melee attacks over class abilities, so Orcs are not unique in that.

Just my two cents.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, didn't realize your point. Hmm. I agree that that the Orc passive doesn't synergize well with with Biting Jabs, however, while Stamina Templars can use Biting Jabs as their main dps, if I was running a Orc Templar I would simply use Wrecking Blow for single target and/or Steel Tornado for AOE. Just because Stamina Templars have Biting Jabs doesn't mean they need to use it. There are lots of dps tools available.

If I were a Bosmer Templar I would use Bow skills over Biting Jabs for their passive bonuses (Stealth). I run an Imperial Stamina Templar and prefer melee attacks over Biting Jabs for the Imperial bonus (Red Diamond). In fact, I would choose the same for a Redguard.

Best as I can tell, all the stamina racial passives give their bonuses for melee attacks over class abilities, so Orcs are not unique in that.

Just my two cents.
    There is a problem with bow-stealth bonus, in endgame content and trials it does not apply at all, as stealth is impossible in many fights.

The endgame builds stamina users are expensive and the bow damage is not as good as it could be with 2handed and dual wield. It is however veeeery applicable for pvp, and lets not forget it's the only ranged stamina weapon, so it is close to mandatory to learn to use, just for certain situations.

I go for bow/dw to level up my new stamina templar, and I plan to train 2handed later on. I don't want to solo anything without a ranged weapon.
  • Francis_Toliver
    Francis_Toliver
    ✭✭✭

Just my two cents.
    There is a problem with bow-stealth bonus, in endgame content and trials it does not apply at all, as stealth is impossible in many fights.

The endgame builds stamina users are expensive and the bow damage is not as good as it could be with 2handed and dual wield. It is however veeeery applicable for pvp, and lets not forget it's the only ranged stamina weapon, so it is close to mandatory to learn to use, just for certain situations.

I go for bow/dw to level up my new stamina templar, and I plan to train 2handed later on. I don't want to solo anything without a ranged weapon.

Agree across the board. I wonder if the dual wield ability "Hidden Blade" would work as a persons only ranged attack. It slows opponents by 50% and does decent damage, but the problem is it is single target and against mobs it is no replacement for Bombard (or Arrow Spray in PVP). Didn't know that stealth attacks become obsolete in end game pve. Kind of odd that they would put a strategy in that suddenly fails at end game. Glad that it will still be useful in pvp. Now all I have to do is get my Nightblade up the Veteran ranks to do the end game content :smile:
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    Make an obese Orc NB female... run around in no-helmet seducer armor... or barbarian dress... just cause.

Afterall, you are not min/maxing this build, right?

Too bad you can't give her a chef's hat and make her pass gas on command too.

Heh...
    NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
    Knowledge is Power
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    tactica wrote: »
    Make an obese Orc NB female... run around in no-helmet seducer armor... or barbarian dress... just cause.

Heh...

Haha yes

-- Fadomai
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tactica wrote: »

Heh...
    Change gender and you described my DK.
    -The barbaric seducer dress is dyed in Dibellas Blush too!

I have 4 chars min/maxed and 4 chars for the purpose of play as I want.