Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Come on ZOS 10k wrecking blows?

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swiift wrote: »
    Once again you can't nerf wrecking blow until you fix the DK class abilities.
    And like I said before: If your entire Dragon Knight hinges on Wrecking Blow, you might want to take a closer look at your setup.
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you build a DK with maybe using 1 class ability. DK's in general have a problem from all the nerfs
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Please list these amazing DK abilities.... Dots are a joke in PvP, take flight is decent, green dragon blood useless now, and that's about it. Most people maybe use 1 or 2 DK abilities and even then they are not that great.
    Wrecking Blow is not a Dragon Knight ability.

To be fair he's got a point, not with the wb but with the majority of dk skills being useless.

They have no class gap closer
    They now have no class heal (dragon blood is useless)
    They have no class execute (molten is also useless)

Most of a dk's skill revolve around dots, which are useless in pvp because templar clease, nb's cloak and everyone has purge.
    They have 2 stamina morphs both of which are Dot's.

Talons is now blockable...
    Ash cloud -_-
    Inferno is also useless, also in IC it'll pull so many mobs to you.
    Igneous shield is used for the heal buff, most useless shield... also gives every ally a really crappy shield which makes them weak for shield breaker.
    Stonefist is still actually useless.
    Inhale ...
    Whip hits like a wet towel

Even most of the passives are useless

The entirety of ardent passives are useless.
    Theres passives that increase hp recovery... DK and temp are the only classes without a decent regen class passive.. but temps have hp/mp/stam/ult reduction passive.

There are a few that are still useable though!

Fossilize
    Volatile armour
    WIngs

Can't really think of more.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best are the heavy armor DK scrubs that can't do anything besides spam Wrecking Blow and Petrify, while not being able to kill you. However, if you finally manage to run them out of Stamina and have them stunned for 4 seconds, dumping all your poor 3.5k spell damage can muster on them will barely hurt them.

Then it's back to the Wrecking Blow and Petrify spam...

Thank Sithis for Shadow Cloak, the best solution to the boring as hell fights in 1.7.

*cough cough* Not all heavy armor DKs are like those cowards some of us want WB nerfed just as bad.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on September 21, 2015 6:47PM
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor DK's....you mean punching bags? What about people that want to use medium armor with class abilities that actually do damage?
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this skill is OP.

Slam enemy with an upward swing, dealing [x] Physical Damage and knocking them back 4 meters, and stunning them for 3.5 seconds.
    Grants you Empower for 5 seconds, increasing the damage of your next attack by 20%.
    Your next attack against target deals extra damage.

Ok. Not only does it do a knock back 4 meters it stuns and increases next attack for 20%! Combine this with critical charge or ambush and your looking at massive damage. But wait! It takes 1 sec to wind up! Macro and Animation cancel this bad boy and you can destroy your enemy not once but twice in a row. Hit them up and then hit them again while knocked down. There was another post that showed a video of some poor guy getting stunned twice in a row while he had immunity timer on. This happens all the time.

No, this skill is messed and goes beyond l2p. It is just ridiculous. I'm sorry but there is no other weapon skill in the game that even comes close to this atrocity. It combines cc with massive damage and because of poor game mechanics its abused beyond what it should be able to do.

You know how I have to combat one stupid skill? I have to run elf bane heavy armor with cp points in heavy armor and use immovable at all times on my magicka NB. All that because 90% of the players are spamming this Skill. Hell I might even start using it on my stamina night blade and abuse the hell out of it on others! If you can't beat em join em?
    Edited by LegacyDM on September 21, 2015 9:01AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It combines cc with massive damage...

Crystal frag says hello.

• zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again NOBDOY seems to care that dragonknights will be dead, we have no stamina skills (dots don't count as useless in pvp) we have ZERO I repeat ZERO stamina dps skills.

Dual wield is useless because flurry has a 3+ second channel time, bow is only good for gankers and ranged combat.

That leaves us with wrecking blow, quite literially the only stamina skill we can actually attack with.

Seriously people want us to run around and cleve people to death? Or what spam steel Tornado?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please list these amazing DK abilities.... Dots are a joke in PvP, take flight is decent, green dragon blood useless now, and that's about it. Most people maybe use 1 or 2 DK abilities and even then they are not that great.

To be fair he's got a point, not with the wb but with the majority of dk skills being useless.

Most of a dk's skill revolve around dots, which are useless in pvp because templar clease, nb's cloak and everyone has purge.

Ash cloud -_-
    Igneous shield is used for the heal buff, most useless shield... also gives every ally a really crappy shield which makes them weak for shield breaker.
    Inhale ...

Theres passives that increase hp recovery... DK and temp are the only classes without a decent regen class passive.. but temps have hp/mp/stam/ult reduction passive.

Fossilize
    Volatile armour
    WIngs

Don't bother arguing with Lava. Lava is the first one to point out the inadequacies of anything nightblade related and the first to exaggerate the effectiveness of anything not related to nightblades.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ash cloud -_-
    Inhale ...

Fossilize
    Volatile armour
    WIngs

Don't bother arguing with Lava. Lava is the first one to point out the inadequacies of anything nightblade related and the first to exaggerate the effectiveness of anything not related to nightblades.
    I dont see how Wrecking Blow is specficially related to Nightblades, but don't let that stop you on your crusade!
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    Again NOBDOY seems to care that dragonknights will be dead, we have no stamina skills (dots don't count as useless in pvp) we have ZERO I repeat ZERO stamina dps skills.

Dual wield is useless because flurry has a 3+ second channel time, bow is only good for gankers and ranged combat.

That leaves us with wrecking blow, quite literially the only stamina skill we can actually attack with.

Seriously people want us to run around and cleve people to death? Or what spam steel Tornado?

What about Magnum Shot, Poison Injection, Critical Rush, Executioner, Heroic Slash, Puncture, Flying Blade. Oh wait, no Poison Injection. DoTs are useless, right? :smirk:
    Edited by ToRelax on September 21, 2015 4:07PM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Crystal frag says hello.

You can't successfully combine crystal frags with a gap closer e.g., critical charge for extra damage. It can't be as Easily animation canceled either. Also you can see it coming a mile away. Crystal frags is one of those stand alone skills that is ok. Also if you read my post I said "weapon skills".
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crystal frag says hello.

You know what the problem with wr blow is? It allows tanks to do massive damage. There is no reason a heavy armor wearing tank should be able to put out that kind of cc and damage in one skill.

Crystal frags is confined to a DPS class right where it belongs. My issue is, why do tanks get massive output. It completely nullifies dps roles and now you get nothing but heavy armor players in pvp that can output same damage as a light armor wearing dps. In ZOS quest to play as you want they are causing imbalance accross traditional class roles with skills like wr.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crystal frag says hello.

You know what the problem with wr blow is? It allows tanks to do massive damage. There is no reason a heavy armor wearing tank should be able to put out that kind of cc and damage in one skill.

Crystal frags is confined to a DPS class right where it belongs. My issue is, why do tanks get massive output. It completely nullifies dps roles and now you get nothing but heavy armor players in pvp that can output same damage as a light armor wearing dps. In ZOS quest to play as you want they are causing imbalance accross traditional class roles with skills like wr.

Is it?

A magicka-based sorc in heavy armor will hit you with crystal frag about as hard as a stamina-based DK in heavy armor will hit you with wrecking blow.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrecking blow should long ago have had its benefits (CC and empower) split between two morphs.

The damage on a 1s cast skill is right where it should be, as compared to EVERY other 1s cast in the game. You may disagree that a 1s cast ability should do that much damage, but then we're talking about changing 4 skills, not one.

Move empower to the other morph. Minor maim is not enough
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrecking blow should long ago have had its benefits (CC and empower) split between two morphs.

The damage on a 1s cast skill is right where it should be, as compared to EVERY other 1s cast in the game. You may disagree that a 1s cast ability should do that much damage, but then we're talking about changing 4 skills, not one.

Move empower to the other morph. Minor maim is not enough

Dizzying Swing has cc as well. As does the base ability.
    Empower vs Minor Maim is a fair tradeoff imo. I wouldn't use the popular morph on anything but a DK.
    Edited by ToRelax on September 21, 2015 6:36PM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU