The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Come on ZOS 10k wrecking blows?

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    zornyan wrote: »
    Yep, anyone that kill lava is clearly a scrub. Scrub which is a pretty childish word anyway, as to anyone with half a brain or older than 10 scrubs is a TV series, not a derogatory term to be used against someone on the Internet that beats you at a computer game.

Basically lava you're saying that stamina dk's shouldn't have any offensive moves, I mean that 4% mitigation over medium armor is soooo op right?

Stop wearing robes and standing there spamming Shields and maybe...just maybe you'll kill someone.
    Nobody won the fight. I don't wear robes. Nice try.

That depends on how you define winning.

If you try to gank me while i am trying to enter IC, you do not succeed, and the fight ends with you running away and me entering IC - that's a win in my book, because i successfully completed my objective while you did not ;)
    Edited by Sharee on September 14, 2015 4:57PM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Yep, anyone that kill lava is clearly a scrub. Scrub which is a pretty childish word anyway, as to anyone with half a brain or older than 10 scrubs is a TV series, not a derogatory term to be used against someone on the Internet that beats you at a computer game.

Basically lava you're saying that stamina dk's shouldn't have any offensive moves, I mean that 4% mitigation over medium armor is soooo op right?

Stop wearing robes and standing there spamming Shields and maybe...just maybe you'll kill someone.
    Nobody won the fight. I don't wear robes. Nice try.

That depends on how you define winning.

If you try to gank me while i am trying to enter IC, you do not succeed, and the fight ends with you running away and me entering IC - that's a win in my book, because i successfully completed my objective while you did not ;)
    Even if I instantly killed you and you still felt like you won, there's nothing I can do about it.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one is doing more damage against players in 1.7. Just some overkill build are doing better because they are gaining the benefit of more mitigation, while still having low ttk against people who have low mitigation.
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to increase overall damage, and decrease wrecking blow damage... Currently, wrecking blow us one of the few viable dps options since overall damage has been reduced so much.

Pvp damage needs to be changed to a 35% reduction instead of 50%

Edited by MrGrimey on September 14, 2015 6:30PM
  • MyM16sHot
    MyM16sHot
    ✭✭✭
    Olen_Mikko wrote: »
    10k is nothing. I can ambush people more than 17k.

Sorcs can hit you with 20k crystal fragments.
    Snipe can be over 20k
    Best NBs that i know, say they can burst up to 40k

So 10k WB is not a big deal. Learn to counter.

Yep ^
    VR8 Dumner Nightblade PS4-NA-DC
    lvl12 Imperial Dragonknight PS4-NA-EP
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the fact that despite lowering dmg by 30% they introduced higher sets which is more dmg, then most of the new sets adds a lot of wpn/spell dmg and with the few skill changes most peoples dmg increased by quite a bit, so lower healing, lower shields, same dmg.

What they did is the perfect example of a blank carpet nurf, which was the worst decision they could make for balance..
    It is not the strongest, the hardest hitting player, who was "really" nurfed by the dmg reduction but to the contrary!

Who was really nurfed are the "poor" guys, which do not have so much stacked weapon damage: the guys who do not min-max, who used no nirn, etc.
    So, who was HURT is the John Doe, who is happy about 2k weapon damage and 20k life. The guy who used his skills in PvP just to do basic damage, without maxing weapon damage. This guy, now, in 1.7, is doing the worst damage he has ever done in this game, mainly because of the flat 50% damage reduction.
    The John Doe was the same guy getting 1-2 hitted from stealth. But instead of taking away or changing the weapon that hurt John Doe... Instead of having a closer look at %dmg%-raising mechanics from stealth (including sets, weapons, active and passive skills with %-to proc, imba bow, etc.), they say: "John Doe, now your subpar-build will only do half the damage, because this way you gonna live longer in PvP!"

Imagine a company with rich, normal and poor employees, dependent on their loan. The CEO decides to cut all loans by 50%. So the poorest guys loose everything, the normal become poor and the richest guys are still on top.
    The problem hereby is, that the whole loan reduction only hurts the poorest workers.
    If you see the deeper meaning, you might think that the carpet nurf is not what you want!

Edited by Francescolg on September 14, 2015 7:51PM
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if it's that bad why were people saying pvp is hugely more balanced? People managing to do better with stam sorcerers, templars finally being competitive, tanks being more tanky, gankers not one shotting?

The old meta was glass cannons and shield stickers

The new meta is survivability and sustainability. Which all classes have access to as opposed to just two.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well if it's that bad why were people saying pvp is hugely more balanced? People managing to do better with stam sorcerers, templars finally being competitive, tanks being more tanky, gankers not one shotting?

The old meta was glass cannons and shield stickers

The new meta is survivability and sustainability. Which all classes have access to as opposed to just two.

The new meta is combining heal debuffs, soft cc and burst damage... because only burst damage doesn't cut it anymore.
    I also haven't heard anything positive form any good stam Sorcs really, just a few I never heard of before who are saying they don't die instantly anymore. What could that mean...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ttk is higher, given lower skilled players more of a chance to actually fight and less time playing horse simulator.

So what your saying is, before any Nb could spam a couple snipes and kill anyone in under a second, now they require some actual brain power and a skill rotation to win?

Sounds like an improvement.
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2445ls4.jpg
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the idiots already crying (?) about 20k hits "or close to it", please post screenshots or kindly stfu.

:-)

[edit]
    And not from 1.6. In case the idiots need clarification.
    Edited by k2blader on September 14, 2015 9:16PM
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    The best are the heavy armor DK scrubs that can't do anything besides spam Wrecking Blow and Petrify, while not being able to kill you. However, if you finally manage to run them out of Stamina and have them stunned for 4 seconds, dumping all your poor 3.5k spell damage can muster on them will barely hurt them.

Then it's back to the Wrecking Blow and Petrify spam...

Thank Sithis for Shadow Cloak, the best solution to the boring as hell fights in 1.7.

Lol yeap, so much this. People just don't realize yet that stam DK is the new meta.
    The Teach - AD Templar
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rayste wrote: »
    The best are the heavy armor DK scrubs that can't do anything besides spam Wrecking Blow and Petrify, while not being able to kill you. However, if you finally manage to run them out of Stamina and have them stunned for 4 seconds, dumping all your poor 3.5k spell damage can muster on them will barely hurt them.

Thank Sithis for Shadow Cloak, the best solution to the boring as hell fights in 1.7.

Lol yeap, so much this. People just don't realize yet that stam DK is the new meta.

"while not being able to kill you."

How is it meta if the stam DK can't kill his target? The post you quote complains about stam DKs because he can't kill them, while saying they can't kill him either. If someone spends everything into health and wears heavy armor, shouldn't he get some survivability in return?
    Edited by Zsymon on September 15, 2015 7:38PM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »

How is it meta if the stam DK can't kill his target? The post you quote complains about stam DKs because he can't kill them, while saying they can't kill him either. If someone spends everything into health and wears heavy armor, shouldn't he get some survivability in return?
    Survivability, sure. But not combined with any kind of meaningful DPS.
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »

There are builds now that tout 30k armor / spell resist coupled with burst and sustain. These are notably DK's. Check out Sribes / Richards build. Sypher tried it out as well. it is sickness.
    The Teach - AD Templar
  • Cthalion
    Cthalion
    ✭✭✭
    Are people really whining about WB? Really? LOL. Only newbies. Just my thoughts=)

"Stamina dk is the new meta"

For 1v1 duels? I'm not even convinced of that, and it's hardly relevant in the scope of overall pvp action, if it were even true.

ROFL. What a joke. Mr. Stam DK has no means of escape, and with reduced ability for 1vX these days, will just get zerged down. Some new meta, eh! Like magic nbs were supposedly the new "meta" for nbs. Having SO much fun wrecking these bandwagon magicka nbs. It is delicious!

And hey Rayste, I strike a nerve with my /tell? Awfully quick to put me on ignore, and I was not even trash talkig yet! Weaksauce, man!
    Edited by Cthalion on September 16, 2015 9:43AM
    Kosmoko.
    Stamina NB since 4-4-14.
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought 1.7 was suppose to balance pvp damage. I thought everyone's damage was reduced. Why are people still bonking me on the head with an animation canceled wrecking blow for 10k while in combat. Yesterday, no kidding, the guy hit me in mid air halfway through my ambush. As I lept forward his wb took precedence over my ambush. This skill has got to be the cheesest skill in the game.

well the skill is called wrecking blow not noodle smack. the name and dmg fit I wouldn't want something that sounds so BA to hit like a wet noodle
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There has been a lot of complaining about the change in ttk.

I find that fights and the classes are probably the best balanced in the game ever.

There really is no "gib you" build out there and there is fairly good surviveability if you have actually slotted defensive skills or build for it.

Can't please everyone, but I think more should be pleased than displeased with this incarnation of the pvp game.
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    Cthalion wrote: »
    Are people really whining about WB? Really? LOL. Only newbies. Just my thoughts=)

"Stamina dk is the new meta"

For 1v1 duels? I'm not even convinced of that, and it's hardly relevant in the scope of overall pvp action, if it were even true.

ROFL. What a joke. Mr. Stam DK has no means of escape, and with reduced ability for 1vX these days, will just get zerged down. Some new meta, eh! Like magic nbs were supposedly the new "meta" for nbs. Having SO much fun wrecking these bandwagon magicka nbs. It is delicious!

And hey Rayste, I strike a nerve with my /tell? Awfully quick to put me on ignore, and I was not even trash talkig yet! Weaksauce, man!

Did you whisper me? Thanks for trolling my post by the way.

What was the tell for? Did I smoke you again? :)
    The Teach - AD Templar
  • Whyn Aurum
    Whyn Aurum
    ✭✭✭
    A stam NB was spamming 11k crit WBs at me while wearing shield breaker.

HOW IS THIS BALANCED ZOS???????????????
    MAKE MY MAGICKA DET SPAMMABLE AS WELL THEN
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrecking blow could probably be toned down slightly.. And I stress slightly but that's about it. I do know of 13-15k crystal frags.. Which.. Congrats, and I hope someone hits you with shielldbreaker.. Which until they fix the way sorc shields work... I don't think should change.

The real problem in pvp is the bugged cammo hunter. Now I say bugged only because I would like to think that zos has at least the brain of a 6 yr old, however... There is zero excuse as to why I or anyone should be receiving 2+ cammo hunter procs. Alas... Ninjas gotta stay competitive an peeps gots ta do what's try gon' do. Soooo .. have fun out there.

TTK was too low initially, but as people learn how to push the envelope more and more the game gets closer to whatever "normalcy" can be considered.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Because fighting invisible enemies is soooooo much fun.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make molten weapons affect heavy attacks and wrecking blow, ZOS. Thank you in advance.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Please make molten weapons affect heavy attacks and wrecking blow, ZOS. Thank you in advance.

You want to shoot someone into orbit? :)
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *cough*
    Let me interrupt it.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't nerf wrecking blow until you fix the DK class.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swiift wrote: »
    You can't nerf wrecking blow until you fix the DK class.
    If the success of your Dragon Knight depends entirely on Wrecking Blow, you are just bad.
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please list these amazing DK abilities.... Dots are a joke in PvP, take flight is decent, green dragon blood useless now, and that's about it. Most people maybe use 1 or 2 DK abilities and even then they are not that great.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swiift wrote: »
    Please list these amazing DK abilities.... Dots are a joke in PvP, take flight is decent, green dragon blood useless now, and that's about it. Most people maybe use 1 or 2 DK abilities and even then they are not that great.
    Wrecking Blow is not a Dragon Knight ability.
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once again you can't nerf wrecking blow until you fix the DK class abilities.