The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Come on ZOS 10k wrecking blows?

LegacyDM
LegacyDM
✭✭✭✭✭
I thought 1.7 was suppose to balance pvp damage. I thought everyone's damage was reduced. Why are people still bonking me on the head with an animation canceled wrecking blow for 10k while in combat. Yesterday, no kidding, the guy hit me in mid air halfway through my ambush. As I lept forward his wb took precedence over my ambush. This skill has got to be the cheesest skill in the game.
Legacy of Kain
Vicious Carnage
¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10k is nothing. I can ambush people more than 17k.

Sorcs can hit you with 20k crystal fragments.
    Snipe can be over 20k
    Best NBs that i know, say they can burst up to 40k

So 10k WB is not a big deal. Learn to counter.
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olen_Mikko wrote: »

Snipe can be over 20k

In 1.6, the op is talking about the latest patch where pvp damage is reduced 50%.
    PC | EU
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭

Snipe can be over 20k

Would love to see these numbers in v2.1+ This isn't 1.6...

I do love how OP managed to sneak "animation cancel" into the mix.... rofl.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Snipe can be over 20k

In 1.6, the op is talking about the latest patch where pvp damage is reduced 50%.

Only 30% more than it was so an attack that used to deal 20k will still deal 14k damage
    That's still 4k more than wrecking blow.

40k burst NBs still can do 28k burst dps.
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

Snipe can be over 20k

Only 30% more than it was so an attack that used to deal 20k will still deal 14k damage

I'd like to see some screen shots or footage that supports this claim because I haven't seen anything close to that since the patch.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably because sets got slightly nerfed, there's no distinct damage difference chances in wrecking blow. So when wrecking blow used to do average of 15k hits, crystal frags and snipe were doing 20k.

They are still.more powerful, besides wrecking blow is the easiest skill to dodge/block. Hell you see someone pull their sword back? Just walk into them, that cancels it right away!

Jesus people if you stand there like a dummy waiting for a slow ass skill to hit you expect to die!
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damage is up to what it used to be in 1.6 and yet healing and shielding have actually been cut in half. the heck?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Damage is up to what it used to be in 1.6 and yet healing and shielding have actually been cut in half. the heck?

It's the fact that despite lowering dmg by 30% they introduced higher sets which is more dmg, then most of the new sets adds a lot of wpn/spell dmg and with the few skill changes most peoples dmg increased by quite a bit, so lower healing, lower shields, same dmg.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best are the heavy armor DK scrubs that can't do anything besides spam Wrecking Blow and Petrify, while not being able to kill you. However, if you finally manage to run them out of Stamina and have them stunned for 4 seconds, dumping all your poor 3.5k spell damage can muster on them will barely hurt them.

Then it's back to the Wrecking Blow and Petrify spam...

Thank Sithis for Shadow Cloak, the best solution to the boring as hell fights in 1.7.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Snipe can be over 20k

37.5%

onTopic:
    At least we can still kill people with something.
    Edited by ToRelax on September 14, 2015 12:28AM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wrecking blow+sorcs wearing heavy armor and blocking+cps in counter to stamina regen nerf=less QQ on forums.

BOOM

your welcome: p
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    The best are the heavy armor DK scrubs that can't do anything besides spam Wrecking Blow and Petrify, while not being able to kill you. However, if you finally manage to run them out of Stamina and have them stunned for 4 seconds, dumping all your poor 3.5k spell damage can muster on them will barely hurt them.

Thank Sithis for Shadow Cloak, the best solution to the boring as hell fights in 1.7.

They also spam stampede, forward momentum, volatile armor, GDB, unstable flame, dragonfire scale, take flight...

;)
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

They also spam stampede, forward momentum, volatile armor, GDB, unstable flame, dragonfire scale, take flight...

;)
    Yeah, sometimes they try to do Take Flight on me, I forgot about that!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

;)

Sometimes the trying results in them getting you down to a sliver of health left, which of course does them no good since all you have to do is spam healing ward and cloak.

Oh well :)
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

;)

Sometimes the trying results in them getting you down to a sliver of health left, which of course does them no good since all you have to do is spam healing ward and cloak.

Oh well :)
    Because there's no Vigor and counters to Cloak. At least they manage to sometimes get me down to a sliver of health. The passive mitigation on these Heavy Armor scrubs is so high that you need several people to take them down and this is not because they are such better players.

There is something not right about the balance between damage mitigation and damage output.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you keep calling them "scrubs", their build is no more cheesy than yours. If they can't kill you then what are you complaining about? I'm sure they'd prefer beating you as well, but you can't always win.

Also, base heavy armor mitigation is only about 4% more than medium armor, for which they sacrifice a ton of DPS and all of their sustain, any build can use additional skills and sets to further increase armor and spell res, that is not a heavy armor user privilege.
    Edited by Zsymon on September 14, 2015 3:04AM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    Why do you keep calling them "scrubs", their build is no more cheesy than yours. If they can't kill you then what are you complaining about? I'm sure they'd prefer beating you as well, but you can't always win.

Also, base heavy armor mitigation is only about 4% more than medium armor, for which they sacrifice a ton of DPS and all of their sustain, any build can use additional skills and sets to further increase armor and spell res.
    I call them scrubs because the only thing they do is spam Wrecking Blow and Petrify with the odd Take Flight and the only thing that keeps them from dying is the insane passive damage migitation.

This is not about me wanting to kill him or him wanting to kill me, this is about whether this is the type of combat that ZOS has in mind for the future of ESO. Judging from the changes with the last update, this is indeed the case.

[EDIT] I add another free 'this'.

Edited by Lava_Croft on September 14, 2015 3:09AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically everyone needs to press keys in a certain order and certain fashion in perfect symmetry to make the victim happy.this is the worthy death!!!
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, anyone that kill lava is clearly a scrub. Scrub which is a pretty childish word anyway, as to anyone with half a brain or older than 10 scrubs is a TV series, not a derogatory term to be used against someone on the Internet that beats you at a computer game.

Basically lava you're saying that stamina dk's shouldn't have any offensive moves, I mean that 4% mitigation over medium armor is soooo op right?

Stop wearing robes and standing there spamming Shields and maybe...just maybe you'll kill someone.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭

Also, base heavy armor mitigation is only about 4% more than medium armor, for which they sacrifice a ton of DPS and all of their sustain, any build can use additional skills and sets to further increase armor and spell res.
    I call them scrubs because the only thing they do is spam Wrecking Blow and Petrify with the odd Take Flight and the only thing that keeps them from dying is the insane passive damage migitation.

This is not about me wanting to kill him or him wanting to kill me, this is about whether this is the type of combat that ZOS has in mind for the future of ESO. Judging from the changes with the last update, this is indeed the case.

Well they removed all active defense, so I assume they want people to rely on passive defense.

Not that it is a good thing, it kills the only thing that makes this game unique.
    Edited by Zsymon on September 14, 2015 9:03AM
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ure complaining that heavy armor is actually doing what it is supposed to? That wrecking blow (a slow ass skill) can hit you for 10k? Damn
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see this 40k shot myself, On shashu i peak out at 25k with a 17k average, that's with 5 v14 hawk eye and 5 hundings.
    I hope once i get my last agility ring my planed set pays off for the better and i get around the 20k average but 40 would be nice to see.
    NB Shashu of DC
    DK William x Wallace of DC
    In game @Amica.
    "i Thought i was poor having no shoe's, Until i saw a man with no feet"
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, anyone that kill lava is clearly a scrub. Scrub which is a pretty childish word anyway, as to anyone with half a brain or older than 10 scrubs is a TV series, not a derogatory term to be used against someone on the Internet that beats you at a computer game.

Basically lava you're saying that stamina dk's shouldn't have any offensive moves, I mean that 4% mitigation over medium armor is soooo op right?

Stop wearing robes and standing there spamming Shields and maybe...just maybe you'll kill someone.
    Nobody won the fight. I don't wear robes. Nice try.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody won the fight. I don't wear robes. Nice try.

Are you a nb? nb's can't call anyome scrubs ^^
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Certain high CP min/max weapon damage builds geared out completely do more burst damage than before. Basically, the new gear and stats makes up the 50% reduction and more.
    Edited by timidobserver on September 14, 2015 1:23PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And the only thing you do is spam healing ward and cloak.

So by your own definition you are a scrub.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

And the only thing you do is spam healing ward and cloak.

So by your own definition you are a scrub.
    Eh, if a player from the US server that has never played with or against me says so, it must be true.

At least Healing Ward and Cloak are active forms of defenses that cost me resources.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fyi. medium armor is bugged and not giving its damage bonus, wait till the patch lands. those wrecking blows will hit harder.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably because sets got slightly nerfed, there's no distinct damage difference chances in wrecking blow. So when wrecking blow used to do average of 15k hits, crystal frags and snipe were doing 20k.

They are still.more powerful, besides wrecking blow is the easiest skill to dodge/block. Hell you see someone pull their sword back? Just walk into them, that cancels it right away!

Jesus people if you stand there like a dummy waiting for a slow ass skill to hit you expect to die!

Latency, the cast window is too small and when it lands they just keep doing it over and over. The stun has to go especially for 3.5 seconds. Most stuns get 2 seconds at the most. But this get's an extra 3.5, knockback and a damage boost on next attack? Sorry that is just unbalanced especially when your not immune to it.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Snipe can be over 20k

Crystal Frags and Wrecking blow have the same base damage, and snipe is only slightly higher in base damage. There should be WB's out there that can hit for just as much if not more due to greater weapon power options, and self empowerment. I think the only reason sorcs are hitting higher atm is because their offense and defense is completely parallel which means they can put everything into magicka.
    Edited by Armitas on September 14, 2015 2:39PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK