Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Can I Get Gold Quickly?

Sunburnt_Penguin
Sunburnt_Penguin
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I'm currently Level 17 in Ebonheart and I'm wondering what the most efficient methods are for earning gold?
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Steal items fence them and then sell to merchants. Quests and Grinding. Join a trading guild and sell items you no longer need.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Harvesting is the best surefire way of making money at your level. Raw material prices will vary depending on what platform/server you're one, not to mention what trading guild you're selling it on.

All harvested materials will sell, and there's no difference for the level of them except for potency (blue) runes. Refining iron ore is the same as refining voidstone, and so players buy the raw materials and refine them to get the blue/purple/gold tempers.

For a price comparison, on PC when I played, raw materials usually sold for about 1,000g - 3,000g per stack.
    On PS4 NA right now the prices are astronomical and a lot of people are paying 15,000g - 20,000g per stack.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • lifefrombelowb14_ESO
    Hi, I'm currently Level 17 in Ebonheart and I'm wondering what the most efficient methods are for earning gold?

Pick up and sell everything but your kidneys.

Also make friends with crafters and see if they'll hook you up with leveling set gear that way everything is pretty much a sell item.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're level 17 lol, go farm raw materials and sell them to veterans for 4k-6k per 200 raw mats. Because they have lvl'ed their crafts to max and spent skillpoints, they gain a lot from refining the raw materials. The level of the raw materials don't matter ^^

Sell flowers and the solvents you farm. If you gather lvl 20 water, you can earn money from selling that. Flowers go for 40g - 350g depending on which flower it is, so if you gather a stack you can get a lot for it.

Sell fishfood, or go fishing and collect all the fish you catch. Once you get stacks of them fillet them to get perfect roe - sell that for 12k as minimum price.

Rush through quests, you gain 10-20k per region fast if you do that.

Sell recipes and motifs.

Join a trading guild with a guild trader - you can put 30 items for sale at any given time through the guildstore. Most trading guilds don't accept non veterans, but if you talk to them and tell them you intend to sell raw materials, flowers and solvents of different levels - you will easily get a spot in the best trading guilds.
    *Be aware: some trading guilds have a weekly or monthly donation program where they require their members to pay 1-2k. Other trading guilds require you to sell for more than 1k gold throughout a week. Your most important job in a trading guild will be to fill up those 30 spots, and keep your prices in line with others - so your items do get sold. Don't sell through guildchat.