The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stuttering graphics since update

Diamond_10
Diamond_10
✭✭✭
Hi, since the update my graphics have gone all stuttery and its super annoying.
I disabled all addons but i can still feel the stuttering especially in combat.
Has something changed? Is there any known fix?

Thanks
  • Diamond_10
    Diamond_10
    ✭✭✭
    To elaborate a little more, you know when you have Fraps going and sometimes get the stutter? It feels exactly like that
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In IC the frame rate drops to about 9fps for me. Normally I see 60-90fps.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IT seems to be an issue with some addons, try turning off a bunch and see if it helps.
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No its not. I have completely cleared out all of my addons and I am STILL getting it
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try change your graphics quality settings and see if that helps?

If not, worst case, try delete the ESO Live folder and subfolders in My documents and let them rebuild. This might or might not help, but should be faster than doing a full reinstall.
    Next step is to do a Repair, just in case.
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well the only good thing is my new kick butt pc will be in tomorrow so I have in install everything so hopefully that one will do better.

I cant even get to the dang character select or I get an unable to connect to server...

I am not a programmer or anything but is it really that hard to test this crap before hand?
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Getting about half the FPS I normally do out in the world. Ohhhh patch days.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to clear up when I use /reloadui, but then afew mins later gets bad again and continues to get progressively worse.
  • SaigoNRoguE
    SaigoNRoguE
    ✭✭
    Try Changing the LUA Memory Size...

In:
    My Documents / Elders crolls Online /

Open the file called: Usersettings.txt

SET LuaMemoryLimitMB "64"

(Change the "64")
    Try adding memory to: 128, 256, 512 ... and this does seems to help some.

also off topic...

Tired of the loading videos, and want to load game faster change this setting stated below:

SET SkipPregameVideos "0"

change this to "1"

It will skip the loading videos of the game and go strait to login.
  • SaigoNRoguE
    SaigoNRoguE
    ✭✭
    Alsoi Try these setting changes they will help...

Changed both of these from "-1" to "0"
    might be a different "-1" number but change it like below.

SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"
  • luke.lachanceb14_ESO
    luke.lachanceb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm getting the same thing but only in cyrodiil. I noticed while monitoring my card that the gpu useage goes from 60% or higher to 10-15% and back up real fast,causing the stuttering. I never had this before and it only started after new patch.

I disabled all addons still same thing.
  • SaigoNRoguE
    SaigoNRoguE
    ✭✭
    have you tried what I stated... I forgot to mention you have to reload the entire game for these settings take effect.
  • Anzo
    Anzo
    My pagefile is maxed out when i start to lag really bad. Maybe another memory leak. :neutral:
  • SaigoNRoguE
    SaigoNRoguE
    ✭✭
    Make sure no programs are running in the background...
    Such as Firefox, internet explorer... etc.. there known for memory hogging.

Antivirus programs some of them have a game mode try and see if it does
    and turn it to Game Mode... AVG has this mode.

• tomiffseb17_ESO
    Stuttering is definietly there, 45-60 fps, as it was since there is Cralgorn, and the suddenly drops to mid ten zone for a few sec or even mins, then repeat. I am always deleting Sharedcache and useresettings at every single major update, never had anything like this before. Also no addons.
    Edited by tomiffseb17_ESO on September 1, 2015 9:18AM
  • tomiffseb17_ESO
    Its also present at the character loading screen, i am getting like 20 fps there. :\

UPDATE: after, again setting the "usual" tweaks in usersettings stuttering is gone.

Make sure its 0
    Edited by tomiffseb17_ESO on September 1, 2015 9:52AM
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    I can also report to having this same issue.

Nvidia did release a new driver update today, which I did download. Are the other people having these same symptoms using the new Nvidia driver, or can we rule that out as a cause?
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Its the f, game, they changed smth with the shaders. This problem was reported on PTS from several persons, yet ZOS did nothing.
    Edited by Alcast on September 1, 2015 10:04AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is what you all are experiencing... I get a brief pause every second or so. Was also experiencing it on PTS, assumed it was the messed up add-ons. But now on Live running updated add-ons it is still happening.

It starts out subtle, if I run in a straight line it stands out more, but within a few minutes it gets hard to ignore. For me it seems to be impacted by add-ons but not caused by them. If I remove my out of date add-ons, it improves about 80%. If I check the box to exclude out of date add-ons (even though no out of date add-ons are selected), it improves a little more. If I disable all add-ons, a little better, but not entirely gone.

I just quit to the desktop and restarted with all add-ons off and have been running around for 5 minutes and it just seems to pause every so often, not on a regular 1 second or so rate like before.

I turned on only a few up to date add-ons and run down the road, it is completely gone for about a minute and then it is back. Monitoring my pc performance the only thing I can see that is occurring at that rate is a disk i/o that is pulsing at about the same rate. When I am moving, the peak gets higher (more data transferred), when I stop it goes lower. Even if I stand still and rotate the camera in a slow circle the i/o peaks go up. I'm using an SSD so transfer speed should not be a problem.

Not sure if that has anything to do with it but there is definitely something going inside this update. I am also having problems with Shadowplay, the upper third of the screen garbles with any movement, very annoying so I have to keep it off. I have never had any graphic issues with ESO before. I started PTS with Win7 and updated to Win10 a week ago, all new nVidia drivers and still have the same problem. I updated to driver 355.82 yesterday, no improvement.
  • SaigoNRoguE
    SaigoNRoguE
    ✭✭
    Has nothing to do with New drivers from Nvidia.
    I have a "AMD R9 290x", Graphics Card... and same thing.
    My wife has a Geforce GTX 660ti 2GB Graphics card, and same thing also.
    So this is not a Driver issue per-say, but is caused by something to do with this
    patch release.

Even with no Addons, or little Addons this is still an issue, and needs to be resolved
    PVP this problem has killed me many times so far to where I'm just PVEing. at this point.
    I noticed NO-ONE from ESO Support has even replied to this problem we are having.
    Even removing the whole folder in My Documents, doesn't remove this issue.

MY SPECS:
    Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
    i7 4790k Quad Core
    AMD R9 290x Graphics Card
    16GB Patriot G2 gaming Memory
    Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Motherboard
    Samsung SSD 850 500GB Drive
    Cooler Master (HAF Stacker) Tower
    Cooler Master 1050Watt Power Supply

So I don't think My system has anything to do with this happening.
    Just in case ESO support needs to know my specs.

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue(s) here. Stuttering as hell, fps dropped from previously 60 to 30 and below (at non-crowded spots I still get 60, though), endless or way too long loading screens, etc. etc.

I'm really, REALLY curious on which kind of computers ZOS tests their game before it even goes to the PTS. And then I'm wondering about why it goes even to the LIVE server although the issues existed on the PTS already..
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• corrosivechains
    corrosivechains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also experiencing stuttering. Not FPS drops, but actual stuttering. Going to try some of the tweaks, but figured I'd throw my hat in as well.
    "Could you post me a link to the official MMO rule book please." - clayandaudrey_ESO
  • tomiffseb17_ESO
    Its also present at the character loading screen, i am getting like 20 fps there. :\

UPDATE: after, again setting the "usual" tweaks in usersettings stuttering is gone.

Make sure its 0

Update 2.

Doing so got rid of the stutter and the FPS drops, but resulted in a 60-120secs long loading screens every single time!!
    Pre-patch it was max 10-15 secs.

Edited by tomiffseb17_ESO on September 1, 2015 4:14PM
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not getting quite the same issue, but have noticed sound "breaks" and fraction-of-a-second video sticks. When rotating camera, things are a tad bit jittery. I'm still trying to figure out if I can ignore the jitter, but the breaking is really annoying.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • xeneblaze
    xeneblaze
    ✭✭✭
    I have pretty much brand new Alienware 15, i7 pc and it was buttery smooth before this update. Now the fps is all over the place and I get stuttering with just my character running around. I'm not lowering my graphics settings as it was totally fine before this patch - if it doesn't get fixed I will stop playing, simple as that.
    GuildMaster of Wolves of Destiny
    A fun, social, safe-gaming guild - add Xene68 on PSN with a short message if you would like to join!
  • Granz
    Granz
    ✭✭
    I am getting the same thing. It was a out of date add-on for me.
  • tomiffseb17_ESO
    Its horrible in the dungeons, every single aoe effect causing freezes for at least 1 sec. Spamming aoe every single sec making this whole stuff unplayable at the moment. So whats going on ?
  • SaigoNRoguE
    SaigoNRoguE
    ✭✭
    It's funny how everyone here stating problems, but ZOS still hasn't replied or commented on these issues.

This seems like a normal situation.
  • tomiffseb17_ESO
    It's funny how everyone here stating problems, but ZOS still hasn't replied or commented on these issues.

This seems like a normal situation.

It is. Everything is just fine. Had 4 - 20 fps on the last fight in todays Vr dungeon.
    Add some stutter to it at every effect. Please ZoS can we get some attention here?
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just disabled my addons and it's running fine at the moment, unless just /reloadui is a temp fix until it starts again.