The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

ITT: We theorycraft why ZOS has been silent on Stam Sorcs

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    There is and there never will be class balance in ESO. That being said, stam sorc is not in a bad place in the next update, PvP wise ofc.

They will not do any other changes, first they will check how things are going with the new changes, and if a lot of QQ still incoming then they might change stuff again for the next update.

Stam sorc is basically in the same place it was on live in pts if you do the math on all the changes.

But you are right they will do *** for changes.
    Edited by Cathexis on August 30, 2015 8:30AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder: If you'd like to theorycraft Stam Sorc adjustments and balancing, there are many goo threads for that. Check the OP for which thread seems most appropriate.

However, as many seem to have no noticed, is for theorycrafting why ZOS has been silent on Stam Sorcs
    Options
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huggalump wrote: »

2) ZOS receives funding from a major psychopharmacological company in order for said company to perform case studies on the psychology of players. Stamina sorcs are the case study. I'm not sure what's being tested, but my best guess would be how long human determination can hold out against utter hopelessness.

The truth is out there, outlanders. What's your take?

The phrase, "We laugh, therefore we may not weep," comes to mind.

Great OP, thanks for the mirth amid the frustration.

Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alucasts video only shows bolt escaping around with wrecking blow and then werewolve'n. please tell me theres more available to this build? im running dual wield btw.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    alucasts video only shows bolt escaping around with wrecking blow and then werewolve'n. please tell me theres more available to this build? im running dual wield btw.

I've been running a snipe build but I'm about to swing back to a wrecking blow build.

Basically, those are the options.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morimizo wrote: »

2) ZOS receives funding from a major psychopharmacological company in order for said company to perform case studies on the psychology of players. Stamina sorcs are the case study. I'm not sure what's being tested, but my best guess would be how long human determination can hold out against utter hopelessness.

The phrase, "We laugh, therefore we may not weep," comes to mind.

Great OP, thanks for the mirth amid the frustration.

Thank you, sir. This thread has been an excellent education in how few people actually read threads and/or how well people actually read threads.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Mojmir wrote: »

What I will try to do in the next update is a high close combat damage build. Weapons 2h/bow or 2h/dw. I know many dont want to go WW because it is very risky. Maybe a Bow is also mandatory due to Shieldbreaker set.

Thunderous + quick cloak is a dangerous combo for enemies to get close to you. And sadly, you have to use Wblow, its the only skill that has enough burst..Tho in the next patch Wblow will not be that bad due to the fact that people have LESS stamina for rolldodge and block. So you will finally hit smth with Wblow :P
    Streak is a very nice skill, usually people really dont know how to react when you use this skill because they dont excpect Stamina Sorcs lul

And with access to overload you have a 3rd bar to "reapply" buffs which is kinda nice too.

Another big problem is, because ZOS decided so for WHATSOEVER reason, you cannot apply DoTs on shields or on blocking enemies, which makes a DoT build kinda useless ><. But maybe with the next patch Mages will be more carefull with Shields if this shieldbreaker set fulfulls its purpose.
    Edited by Alcast on August 31, 2015 7:46AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) They're working on an instant attack stamina morph so Stam Sorcs don't feel like their class is irrevelant, but it's proved difficult to balance. If they directly said "yeah, we're gonna do this," people would celebrate and feel assured that they're not being ignored. However, if it then turned out to be imbalanced, turning back on the promise would be significantly worse than never having responded at all, from a PR perspective.

Honestly all i have to say: If sorcerers happen to get an instant stamina attack before a magica one i´m going on a rampage.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Miwerton
    Miwerton
    ✭✭✭
    And Stamina users are still treated as second class citizens from a good portion of the combat team perspective, and they dont seem to care much about changing it.
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    1) They're working on an instant attack stamina morph so Stam Sorcs don't feel like their class is irrevelant, but it's proved difficult to balance. If they directly said "yeah, we're gonna do this," people would celebrate and feel assured that they're not being ignored. However, if it then turned out to be imbalanced, turning back on the promise would be significantly worse than never having responded at all, from a PR perspective.

Honestly all i have to say: If sorcerers happen to get an instant stamina attack before a magica one i´m going on a rampage.

Instafrags isnt too bad
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Instafrags isnt too bad

You´re right but to be perfectly honest. I´d trade instafrags for a morph with less dmg and without knockdown but no casttime without thinking too much about it. Maybe i could live with non interruptable without knockdown. I really don´t know. I´m sick of destro staff.

It´s a severe mistake by the design team that sorcerers are left in the dust when it comes to class based "anytime" abilities.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Instafrags isnt too bad

You´re right but to be perfectly honest. I´d trade instafrags for a morph with less dmg and without knockdown but no casttime without thinking too much about it. Maybe i could live with non interruptable without knockdown. I really don´t know. I´m sick of destro staff.

It´s a severe mistake by the design team that sorcerers are left in the dust when it comes to class based "anytime" abilities.

Thatd be a terrible trade honestly. Ive played magicka sorc enough to know the advantages. Its not like instafrags is rare or difficult to create - its solidified in its use for magicka sorcs. Theyre left casting so many skills that this is ultimately up and ready for when theyre looking to land a killing shot. So they can apply curse once its proc'd or just before/during (because its easy to get it up) then move together with curse timing and toss the frag with a dawnbreaker to follow.

To trade that option of burst for a spammable projectile that doesnt knockdown is going to leave you in a very difficult position to CC melees chasing you. This literally is what will stop that from happening. Otherwise the top tier magicka sorcs I would struggle to chase are going to end up running that much more - because that combo is literally what I have to be worried for when chasing in melee.
    Options