Another Nerf for blocking: Black Rose Set nerfed

hrothbern
hrothbern
✭✭✭✭✭
the new Black Rose Set:
Black Rose: This item set has been redesigned. The previous ability (returning stamina on block) has been replaced with an increase to the resources returned by the Constitution passive ability by 50%, and also grants bonus Weapon Damage and Spell Damage.

In the old set you got back approx 160 Stamina per block.
so for example between 4 mobs, you got back 640 Stamina
Because mobs attack approx every 2 seconds, this is 320 Stamina per second

In the new Set you get 50% more back from Constitution, 50% more from roughly 12 Stamina per set item, per second, or 6 Stamina per item per second.
So... If you have 5 Heavy Armor, you get back 30 Stamina.

Even if you make the calculation with only 1 add...
the difference is 80/second of the old set against 30/second in the new set.

I am flabbergasted

"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People were upset that Black Rose embodied a contradiction in design (take away stamina regen while blocking for all, but still let it happen in essence through pay-gated DLC content), so they reconfigured it to buff a similar Heavy Armor passive and damage. Could the number be higher? Sure. But BR set wasn't necessary to tank anyways in 2.1. This changes the set's role in builds in a good way that is more consistent with the change to stamina regen.
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on August 26, 2015 5:42PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • Tabre
    Tabre
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand why they would make these changes. We're 5 days out from this patch going live and here we are majorly redesigning sets. Why?
    "You sleep rather soundly for a murderer. That's good. You'll need a clear conscience for what I'm about to propose."
    Options
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People were upset that Black Rose embodied a contradiction in design (take away stamina regen while blocking for all, but still let it happen in essence through pay-gated DLC content), so they reconfigured it to buff a similar Heavy Armor passive and damage. Could the number be higher? Sure. But BR set wasn't necessary to tank anyways in 2.1. This changes the set's role in builds in a good way that is more consistent with the change to stamina regen.

I quote again: But BR set wasn't necessary to tank anyways in 2.1 Right... So tanking is also possible without this set... hm... it is 160 Stamina per block... that is a lot... that is close to the effect of 3 jewelry enchants (after the effect of the percentual cost reductions)

I get more the impression that PTS showed that semi-permablock tanking was still possible and action has been taken.

And
    BTW
    IF also after this, tanking stays.... will the next nerf be the removal of the jewelry enchant ???
    Edited by hrothbern on August 26, 2015 5:49PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabre wrote: »
    I can't understand why they would make these changes. We're 5 days out from this patch going live and here we are majorly redesigning sets. Why?

And there will likely be more changes on actual launch day. Best bet is to stockpile set pieces, mats, etc for a couple weeks while all the kinks get worked out. I've already been stockpiling writ reward bags and gold keys for a month, why stop now :persevere:
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Black Rose set was NEVER going to let you block like the good old days, anyway. Anybody who told you otherwise didn't bother to do the math. Personally, I'm glad they gave it a more generally useful bonus.

The only problem with it now is that the Constitution passive is so weak in the first place. Hopefully, they'll buff Constitution to make Heavy Armor more viable.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Black Rose set was NEVER going to let you block like the good old days, anyway. Anybody who told you otherwise didn't bother to do the math. Personally, I'm glad they gave it a more generally useful bonus.

The only problem with it now is that the Constitution passive is so weak in the first place. Hopefully, they'll buff Constitution to make Heavy Armor more viable.

Yea, the HA passives are the limiting factor here.
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Options
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It must be a sign.

175272426_Do_Not_Block_Traffic_Sign_K_1809_xlarge.png

Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PEOPLE WHERE UPSET?

People where suggesting that the nerf is justified BECAUSE of the existence of the Black Rose set.

Honestly, good riddance to it. Maybe now we can focus on why the nerf as bad rather than how players can 'adapt.'
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • MmmmTofu
    MmmmTofu
    ✭✭✭
    I have to google the word... didnt even know 'flabbergasted' is a word ;)
    Options
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, good riddance to it. Maybe now we can focus on why the nerf as bad rather than how players can 'adapt.'

Isn't this DLC supposed to drop in 5 days? I don't think the blocking nerf is going anywhere between now and then.
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Isn't this DLC supposed to drop in 5 days? I don't think the blocking nerf is going anywhere between now and then.

You are right, but I still think there is some chances for changes in the future. Some silent majority might wake up when the patch hits and console players will likely have a hard time adjusting.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MmmmTofu wrote: »
    I have to google the word... didnt even know 'flabbergasted' is a word ;)

flabbergasted.jpg

Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really, all they need to do is make the Constitution passive not completely worthless, and this is a fine change.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that set it garbage now.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lt is obvious that the Forces of Molag Bal have invaded the Headquarters of Zenimax.

We must stop them
    Options
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »

lt is obvious that the Forces of Molag Bal have invaded the Headquarters of Zenimax.

We must stop them

We would, but we can't block their attacks!
    Options
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well goodbye Black Rose, hello Histbark. Black Rose was slightly better than Histbark with high reduced block cost. I liked the max stam it gave though. Was very good for DK tanks, since their mana to stamina conversion relies on max stamina.

People ask for ZoS to try some kind of compromise to the harsh stam regen hack. ZoS destroys one of the best tanking sets. Really ZoS, really?

DK's and Tanks are getting the shaft this update.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on August 26, 2015 9:00PM
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    %25EC%2595%2588%25EB%2585%2595-new-jersey-united-states+13298535876-tpfil02aw-5058.jpg
    Options
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭

Blackrose+Engine Guardian+mana regen+max stam+DK was enough to permablock at least 3 mobs. You could perma-block more with cc's and snares/roots. Trust me I did the math and lots of testing to verify the math. You can replace Black Rose with Histbark now. It's not quite as good. Slightly less returns at 800 block cost and less max stam for the DK passive.

The majority of your time will be spent watching mana and stam levels, casting earthen heart skills.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on August 26, 2015 9:13PM
    Options
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, Constitution gives roughly 1% of your highest stat every 4 seconds.

Buffing that with 50% leaves you with getting 1.5% of your highest stat every 4 seconds.

If you have 25K stamina, you'll get 375 stamina every 4 seconds, if you get hit at the exact 4th second, how is that even remotely useful?
    Options
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    Lol, Constitution gives roughly 1% of your highest stat every 4 seconds.

Buffing that with 50% leaves you with getting 1.5% of your highest stat every 4 seconds.

If you have 25K stamina, you'll get 375 stamina every 4 seconds, if you get hit at the exact 4th second, how is that even remotely useful?

It's not useful at all... a complete waste for tanking. Maybe some DPS with a fetish for Heavy Armor will want the 5pc of Black Rose for the added Weapon and Spell Damage, but it's junk for a tank now.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the spastic and incompetent way ZOS "balances" things now I would not be surprised if next update kills magicka builds, makes tanks op, and buffs stamina builds.

I really don't trust ZOS to either listen to community feedback or properly balance their game, its very disappointing.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    Really, all they need to do is make the Constitution passive not completely worthless, and this is a fine change.

It would be nice if they changed it back to scaling up with max health.
    Options
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People always wanted to nerf that set yet preach "ADAPT" because they couldn't adapt to that set, lol talk about contradictment followed by a slice of hypocrisy
    Edited by MaxwellC on August 27, 2015 12:14AM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
    Options
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

^^ Exactly this.

Hopefully, with all our voices they will realize that Constitution needs a buff...
    #ZOSNeedsToPlayHeavyArmorPVP
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Constitution is now based on you lvl, could someone tell me how mutch this will be on v16 without the BR Set?
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    Constitution is now based on you lvl, could someone tell me how mutch this will be on v16 without the BR Set?

I can't login in right now, but if i remember right it's around 380 when you wear 7/7 heavy like me.

Also guys, they won't buff constitution. In 1.6 they even nerfed it by turning the timer from 2 seconds to 4.
    They also took our break free passive and the small 7% melee damage bonus.

Atleast heavy finaly got better at magicka tanking than light....

Edit:
    For those who can't login, the second part of the new 5 set passive gives around 130 weapon and spell damage

Edit:
    It gives 346 stam and magicka on vr 16 with 7/7 heavy without blackrose buff and 154 weapon/spell damage.
    No cp spend.
    Edited by Teridaxus on August 27, 2015 12:52PM
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried new Black Rose on pts - thank ZOS, at least i know where i won't use my Stones after it hit live.
    Btw Desert Rose nerf-hammered by 1.7 update too and now it is only shadow of what it was before:
    image.jpg
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Tried new Black Rose on pts - thank ZOS, at least i know where i won't use my Stones after it hit live.
    Btw Desert Rose nerf-hammered by 1.7 update too and now it is only shadow of what it was before:
    image.jpg
    Actually Desert rose got a buff not a nerf. And it is a significant buff. Probably this will be my IC set for tanking. Converting all the magicka into Stamina as a DK and a high Stamina pool.

Because I can!
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    image.jpg

does this set rly has Exploration?
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options