Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Vampire Lord Form

chaserstorm16909
chaserstorm16909
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone else want to see a vampire lord form ultimate? Vampires could it use the ultimate to transform much like werewolves do. Of course they would have to balance it properly to keep vampires from getting to overpowered. What are your thoughts?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this isnt skyrim, vamps have enough IMO
  • Kozer
    Kozer
    ✭✭✭
    If you give WWs something else.

Also if being a WW or vamp removes all posibility of using the...Fighters guild? Or is it undaunted skill lines?

Being a vamp or WW should not let you also use the skill line that hunts your kind.
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    there might be a vampire Lord polymorph coming in the crown store. i think it was data mined, it's somewhere on the forums.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stravokov wrote: »
    there might be a vampire Lord polymorph coming in the crown store. i think it was data mined, it's somewhere on the forums.

It was.

On the subject of the actual transform? I'll say what I've been saying. The Vampire Lord transformation is an incredibly rare power. So rare, in fact, that it's almost undocumented in the in game literature. Suggesting that there are maybe a dozen vampires in the setting that can actually display said power.

The only reason the Dragonborn was able to become one (without dying) is because they're a demigod that messes with how magic is supposed to work on them. Yeah, that's a minor Dawnguard spoiler. Harkon planed to kill the Dragonborn in the process of turning them.

While it's possible a vestige would be similarly resilient, it'd also mean giving up your sunlight immunity, which I don't think any vampire player in the game would really want to do.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone else want to see a vampire lord form ultimate?

Nope. It was stupid in Skyrim and it'd be stupid here.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it should be like the black werewolf. You don't just get our for being a vamp. You earn it with a coven.

But also, I'm pretty sure ESO vamos are a different bloodline than Skyrim vamps.
    Edited by Gidorick on August 22, 2015 9:49AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire Lord form was dumb enough in Skyrim.
  • Techlisp
    Techlisp
    ✭✭✭
    I want a pureblood ultimate. Where wooden stakes, and silver bullets rain from the sky.
    This post will not take you an unusually long time to read.

PS4. EU. EP.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally fine with devouring swarm, thanks
  • RinneganDovahkiin
    RinneganDovahkiin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Being a Vampire is hardly worth it with this extra fire damage.
    Rinnegan Dovahkiin: Daedric Prince of Balance
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd only want vampire lords implemented when they manage to make vampires actually mean something. Add more consequences to their actions, abide more to lore and have the world react more negatively to them. As it is vampires are pretty much a buff with a fire weakness that can easily be circumvented.
  • lolzbuckets
    lolzbuckets
    ✭✭✭

It was.

On the subject of the actual transform? I'll say what I've been saying. The Vampire Lord transformation is an incredibly rare power. So rare, in fact, that it's almost undocumented in the in game literature. Suggesting that there are maybe a dozen vampires in the setting that can actually display said power.

The only reason the Dragonborn was able to become one (without dying) is because they're a demigod that messes with how magic is supposed to work on them. Yeah, that's a minor Dawnguard spoiler. Harkon planed to kill the Dragonborn in the process of turning them.

While it's possible a vestige would be similarly resilient, it'd also mean giving up your sunlight immunity, which I don't think any vampire player in the game would really want to do.

Not 100% true, though being a demigod was probably a major contributing factor in the Dragonborn's ability to survive the transformation.

According to the lore, only the Volkihar line could transform into Vampire Lords, because they were the first vampires, and the only members of the Volkihar line who could transform with 100% reliability were the ones who went through the ceremony (read: WHOLESOME FAMILY ACTIVITY O.O) by Molag Bal. Anyone who was turned directly by someone who underwent the ceremony *might* gain the ability to transform if they survive, and those people in turn could turn people who by *very slight* chance might be able to transform, but anyone more than two generations removed from Molag Bal would never have any chance of being able to transform into a Vampire Lord.

That said, the vampires in this game are neither pure enough to have any chance of attaining that transformative power, nor are they even the right kind of vampire. Different disease and everything.

Also, apparently the Volkihar vampires are supposed to be able to hang out under frozen lakes and reach through the ice without breaking it to pull things down into the abyss with them. So that's pretty neat.
    Edited by lolzbuckets on August 22, 2015 2:20PM
  • lolzbuckets
    lolzbuckets
    ✭✭✭
    Accidental double post?
    Edited by lolzbuckets on August 22, 2015 2:19PM
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to admit - had visualized a "form" like this, when seeing the title.

Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was.

Not 100% true, though being a demigod was probably a major contributing factor in the Dragonborn's ability to survive the transformation.

According to the lore, only the Volkihar line could transform into Vampire Lords, because they were the first vampires, and the only members of the Volkihar line who could transform with 100% reliability were the ones who went through the ceremony (read: WHOLESOME FAMILY ACTIVITY O.O) by Molag Bal. Anyone who was turned directly by someone who underwent the ceremony *might* gain the ability to transform if they survive, and those people in turn could turn people who by *very slight* chance might be able to transform, but anyone more than two generations removed from Molag Bal would never have any chance of being able to transform into a Vampire Lord.

That said, the vampires in this game are neither pure enough to have any chance of attaining that transformative power, nor are they even the right kind of vampire. Different disease and everything.

Also, apparently the Volkihar vampires are supposed to be able to hang out under frozen lakes and reach through the ice without breaking it to pull things down into the abyss with them. So that's pretty neat.

Yeah, that's not completely accurate. The first vampire is Lamae, which gets brought up repeatedly. Now, it's possible that Harkon and family actually predate Lamae, and they do all date back to the first era at the latest, but, that would mean Harkon's attempt to sacrifice his family to Molag Bal was on the hope that he might get something neat out of the deal and not because he knew he'd become a vampire.

It would also imply that he's (technically) part of a different strain from the main Volkilhar bloodline.

As you pointed out, The Volkihar ability is supposed to be phasing through ice without breaking it. It could be that the author of Immortal Blood was lying, or it's possible that's a different ability native to the main strain of Volkihar, and something Harkon, the Dragonborn, and Serana can't actually do.

The define themselves as "first vampires" as a title. Indicating that they're the origin of a bloodline, rather than being infected by another vampire and turned that way.

Harkon does comment that he's surprised the Dragonborn survived being turned and that most don't. Which is about as close as he'd get to cackling, "you'll never survive my deathtrap... oh, wait."

It's also distinctly possible the Dragonborn shouldn't have been able to pick up the transformation at all. And only gained the ability to transform because the Dragon soul does really strange things to magical effects directed at it's owner.

If Lamae is not the first vampire, in spite of being identified as that by most in game literature, then it would mean that the Volkihar were even more reclusive than any of us thought, and have turned almost no one. Again, or knowledge of the transform would be more common.

I mean, the real reason is because Immortal Blood was written for Oblivion to set the tone for the Cyrodiilic vampires, and with the release of Skyrim, Bethesda decided to revisit the Volkihar, and the transform was a neat power that was previously unsupported in lore. But it sets the transform as something so rare it's not even discussed in scholarly work on vampires, and probably unknown to vampire hunters, until the Dawnguard goes after the Volkihar in the Fourth Era.
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I think it should be like the black werewolf. You don't just get our for being a vamp. You earn it with a coven.

But also, I'm pretty sure ESO vamos are a different bloodline than Skyrim vamps.

I agree you should have to earn it somehow. That would set you aside from all the other vampires.
  • frenchyuk86
    frenchyuk86
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Frenchyuk86 - PSN
    Vet 14 DragonKnight
    The Forlorn Hope Main Tank
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone wants to be Kaine still?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm cool with the vampire lord form, but I'd like to see them create a Witch-Hunter World Skill line if they start adding to Vampire and Werewolf. (I'd actually like to see them do this anyway).
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm cool with the vampire lord form, but I'd like to see them create a Witch-Hunter World Skill line if they start adding to Vampire and Werewolf. (I'd actually like to see them do this anyway).

I'd honestly, rather have Witchhunter back as an alternate stealth class. You know, like the single player skill line.

Right now Fighters' Guild does a pretty good job of covering the roving monster hunter profession.
  • godagarah5000
    godagarah5000
    ✭✭✭
    vampire lord and werewolf lord are both data mined from eso1416udf.jpgtho its possible that werewolf lord might instead be werebear lets hope there will be dlc to join volkihar vampire clan and the snowclad werebear clan/frostmoon werewolf lord clan:wink:
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grand Overlords should be the only ones to posess such a thing. :)
    Then you wouldn't have the issues of EVERYONE undeserving become OP. :)
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Techlisp wrote: »
    I want a pureblood ultimate. Where wooden stakes, and silver bullets rain from the sky.

Don't forget the garlic... for the vamps lol
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a cosmetic change without adding any extra ultimate abilities.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It was.

That is Spot On!!

Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on March 19, 2016 7:11AM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have any idea how powerful 1 vampire lord even is? imagine having the magic's of a Lich and the Strength of a Lycanthrope rolled into 1 creature...be pretty OP combination wouldn't it because that's basically what Lord Harkon is, also their is dialogue with Harkon where he states how rare a vampire lord actually is and he says "as a King is to his subjects so you are to other Vampires" so ask yourself how many Kings exist compared to Tamriels Population? that would be the same ratio for a vampire lord and a regular vampire, It's highly unlikely that any more then 10 Vampire Lords even exist and yet you want them running around like common thinblooded vampires?

Also what does the Dawnguard say when you first walk into their fort?.....oh that's Right "powerful vampires unlike anything we have ever seen" which means the Dawnguard don't have any documentations on any form of vampire like that and their order does exist in ESO but ESO takes place before Skyrim where they are mentioned to have had their first documented case of encounting said type of vampire, most likely being Harkon himself, Think of it like this, The vampire Lord is the "Dracula" of ES and you don't see Dracula level vampires running around very often now do you, also it wouldn't work in ESO for these reasons.

1. Harkon outright claims that the vampire lord needs to float to access the blood magic
    2. floating would allow you to float over water
    3. slaughterfish couldn't kill you if you did that
    4. So you would have to fight with your claws and nothing else, if I wanted to fight with my claws I would be a werewolf
    5. how many people do you think would give up their bat swarm ultimate for it seeing as it is a great addition to many builds?
    6. Not to mention unlike werewolves, Vampire Lords have full 100% control over their transformation so giving it a time limit wouldn't make sense at all, how would this work in ESO?
    7. last but not least..the Vestige isn't Pure enough anyway, you get infected by a Bloodfiend or another player who could of also been bitten by another player who inturn could of been bitten by another player who got bitten by a bloodfiend.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on March 19, 2016 7:45AM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vampire lord and werewolf lord are both data mined from eso1416udf.jpgtho its possible that werewolf lord might instead be werebear lets hope there will be dlc to join volkihar vampire clan and the snowclad werebear clan/frostmoon werewolf lord clan:wink:

Werewolf Lord? now that just sounds stupid, no offense but the word "lord" defines, Nobility, Authority, Intelligence, Wealth and Power, a Werewolf is a beast and displays none of these attributes, the name "Alpha Werewolf" is much more fitting.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have any idea how powerful 1 vampire lord even is? imagine having the magic's of a Lich and the Strength of a Lycanthrope rolled into 1 creature...be pretty OP combination wouldn't it because that's basically what Lord Harkon is, also their is dialogue with Harkon where he states how rare a vampire lord actually is and he says "as a King is to his subjects so you are to other Vampires" so ask yourself how many Kings exist compared to Tamriels Population? that would be the same ratio for a vampire lord and a regular vampire, It's highly unlikely that any more then 10 Vampire Lords even exist and yet you want them running around like common thinblooded vampires?

Also what does the Dawnguard say when you first walk into their fort?.....oh that's Right "powerful vampires unlike anything we have ever seen" which means the Dawnguard don't have any documentations on any form of vampire like that and their order does exist in ESO but ESO takes place before Skyrim where they are mentioned to have had their first documented case of encounting said type of vampire, most likely being Harkon himself, Think of it like this, The vampire Lord is the "Dracula" of ES and you don't see Dracula level vampires running around very often now do you, also it wouldn't work in ESO for these reasons.

1. Harkon outright claims that the vampire lord needs to float to access the blood magic
    4. So you would have to fight with your claws and nothing else, if I wanted to fight with my claws I would be a werewolf
    5. how many people do you think would give up their bat swarm ultimate for it seeing as it is a great addition to many builds?
    6. Not to mention unlike werewolves, Vampire Lords have full 100% control over their transformation so giving it a time limit wouldn't make sense at all, how would this work in ESO?
    7. last but not least..the Vestige isn't Pure enough anyway, you get infected by a Bloodfiend or another player who could of also been bitten by another player who inturn could of been bitten by another player who got bitten by a bloodfiend.

Does not matter Lamae gives you her own blood, thus allowing you to become a vampire. Otherwise the soul shriven would not be able to because of the fact, the soul shriven lacks a soul.
    Your made into a second gen vampire, or first gen vampire, by doing the blood rite with lamae.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Does not matter Lamae gives you her own blood, thus allowing you to become a vampire. Otherwise the soul shriven would not be able to because of the fact, the soul shriven lacks a soul.
    Your made into a second gen vampire, or first gen vampire, by doing the blood rite with lamae.
    You know not all Pureblooded vampires are vampire lords, it could very well be Volkihar Exclusive.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on March 19, 2016 8:38AM
  • JadeNaria
    JadeNaria
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly WWs which even my sorc is one of, have more going for them aesthetically speaking. Do I think we should have a Skyrim like transformation? No. But something nicer than that pale ugliness.
    Edited by JadeNaria on March 19, 2016 9:03AM
    Trueflame or Haderus NA PC AD
    Talia Shade VR10 Stamina Nightblade
    Divinity Day VR16 Magicka Sorc
    Amaria Day VR16 Magicka DK
    Kali Day Level 28 Magicka Templar - Playing the most now
    Oblivion's Orphans Trading Guild - GM
    Mizery Records Raiding Guild- Member
    Resilient PVP Guild - Member

SAVE ESO PVP, WE MATTER.
    #FIXPVP