The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Molag Kena.... Was this thought out?

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    , but when ZoS goes out of their way to prevent OHKOs and crazy burst damage and then goes and gives players the means to burst opponent's down again it kind of defeats the purpose.

This, thank you for wording it perfectly for someone who dont have sufficient english skills to do so himself:)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    , but when ZoS goes out of their way to prevent OHKOs and crazy burst damage and then goes and gives players the means to burst opponent's down again it kind of defeats the purpose.

This, thank you for wording it perfectly for someone who dont have sufficient english skills to do so himself:)

So ZOS should never ever add any kind of set that increases burst damage, is that it?

It's not like this set makes you instagib people you hit while it's active (after two light attacks).

Damage is already reduced by 50%, armour/spell penetration bugs are fixed and people will have more health with prismatic enchantments. This set increases your damage by 7.5-10%. Do the math.

More likely case is that you still won't be able to even outdps sorc shields with this proc active considering it takes two rotations to get rid of one and you'll give them ample time to apply those shields or start blocking since you have to activate the effect with two light attacks.
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

So ZOS should never ever add any kind of set that increases burst damage, is that it?

It's not like this set makes you instagib people you hit while it's active (after two light attacks).

Damage is already reduced by 50%, armour/spell penetration bugs are fixed and people will have more health with prismatic enchantments. This set increases your damage by 7.5-10%. Do the math.

More likely case is that you still won't be able to even outdps sorc shields with this proc active considering it takes two rotations to get rid of one and you'll give them ample time to apply those shields or start blocking since you have to activate the effect with two light attacks.

The damage is greater for magicka but you keep ignoring that fact and just use stamina for your values. Average spell damage is 2k up to 2.5k, that's double your values of 8-10%.
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on August 19, 2015 9:17PM
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The damage is greater for magicka but you keep ignoring that fact and just use stamina for your values. Average spell damage is 2k up to 2.5k, that's double your values of 8-10%.

THIS SO MUCH. Yes you can compare to stamina stats of your insane gank build that has its use where you got 5k wep dmg so another 500 is useless to you. What i was trying to say is that, sustain builds can now achieve the damages of a burst build instantly especially magicka. I was running a heavy spell damage build on PTS with my templar and he sat at around 2.4k buffed spell damage if not a little more. I had to rely on engine guardian to help me sustain as i had only like 500-600 recovery and around 32k magicka. I could effectively charge in, sweep once or twice and it was RD time.

With testing, i am able to now achieve a regen build with 1.6k+ magicka &stamina recovery, reduced costs and have spell damage buffed with kena at 3.3k and 26-29k magicka. That spell damage increase outweighs all the magicka i lose but i dont care if i have less magicka coz my skills already cost nothing to use.

If i was to make a stamina version of this set up, i would probs sit around 2.7-3k wep dmg buffed with just rally (theory numbers). And thats how we get back to sustain builds being able to burst dps people and it will just go back to 1.6.

You cant keep comparing your gank spec to a sustain spec when the issue doesnt lie with gank specs using this....
    Edited by aco5712 on August 19, 2015 9:59PM
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Concealed Weapon has the same skillcoef as Surprise Attack (0,103) as far as I am aware.

So even if you are able to reach 40k magicka & 5.5k spell dmg unbuffed (I would be interested to know how), your tooltip would be the exact same, just like your dmg increase after this set is applied, 7.5% (or precisely: 1018 damage)

Now then, how would Sorcerer numbers look like?

First off, we drop the multiplier from 0.35 to 0.25 since sorcs have no access to Minor Berserk (Grim Focus).

Let's assume you manage to get the same 40k magicka & 5.5k spell dmg unbuffed and then proc Molag Kena.

Crystal Frags (skillcoef 0.1541): you gain the same 7,5% in terms of dmg (since magicka & spell dmg stay the same) and the dmg in tooltip goes up by 1411 damage.

Overload Light Attack (skillcoef 0.1903): this is where it gets scarier. Again, 7.5% increase, but this time a 1742 damage increase, and this is one of the biggest increases you can get (I believe NB execute has higher skillcoef, same as Caltrops).

In fine, the best you're going to get from this set is around 1-4k more burst damage (depending on your class/build) after the Battle Spirit damage mitigation kicks in.

Now, you are correct that the dmg increase is bigger for low spell damage/magicka builds.

For example: with 30k magicka & 2,5k spell dmg, your damage will be increased by around 13%.

Still, this is hardly unreasonable, considering the benefit in numbers as detailed above & the cost increase of 33%.

Too big of a deal is being made about this perfectly reasonable set.
    Edited by DDuke on August 19, 2015 10:06PM