The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Vampire, and stealth advantages in general in IC

• Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    Make a PvP update that involves PvE and precious upgrades and you have a fleet of role playing carebears giving their "expert" opinions on how to nerf PvP. Brilliant.

Take a look at this gem:
    Anazasi wrote: »
    VAMP is the preferred syndrome to have now in pvp. It will once again climb to the apex of group mechanics. Everyone will be a vamp if they pvp and the bat swarming race will begin once again. With the reduction to fire damage and the reduction to damage in general there is now reason for players to not be a vamp. The benefits of the syndrome outweigh the negative aspects. Sorcs please get your vamp maxed out you will benefit the greatest from this.....Streak. mist. streak. mist no magica penalty. 4 second of 75% less damage unseeable and increased movement speed. when you come out of mist streak again and mist again. You can do this all the way across Cryodiil and suffer no penalties in the process.

For all those who complained about sorcs streaking and for all the work ZOS put into supposedly fixing this was wasted because now sorc vamps are able to achieve the same thing. In fact I would say those stam dodge rollers are able to do the same thing since VAMP has no real penalties.

Just something to think about folks.

Preferred Syndrome you say?
    Vamp will be the apex you say, why? You read thread of a carebear worried about something that is a non factor and all of a sudden the lie begins to spread.
    "Everyone will be a vamp if they pvp and the bat swarming race will begin once again."

ROFL. Batswarm has been nerfed. Damage has been nerfed. This is not a year ago where DK Emperors spammed bats. Just stop. Most classes have better ults and non class ults like Meteor, Barrier, and Dawnbreaker will be taken over this.

Sorcs please get your vamp maxed out you will benefit the greatest from this.....Streak. mist. streak. mist no magica penalty.

This one is a real doozy. Streak / Mist / Streak / Mist? Say goodbye to your Magicka. I guess you didn't realize you don't regen Magicka while in Mistform. You don't know what you are talking about.

Vamp is fine. Dark Stalker is fine. A lot of people are not going to bother with Vamp. Why? Because to have the regen they are required to slot inferior abilities to their otherwise 'set template.' I don't have mistform or bat swarm on my bar because they are inferior to what I already have. Doing so would be a nerf. A lot of people share this situation. Also a lot of people do not want to get wrecked by Fighter's Guild abilities which are getting buffs and already do crazy damage against vampires.

I would address the rest of what you wrote but seeing you don't even understand how Vamp works it's pointless as the rest of your post is predicated on ignorance
    Brilliant.

Thank you for this.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, the answers I could read are made by people who whine. OMG don't nerf my vampire, please please please.

To some extents, your reaction proves that you are perfectly aware of how powerful you are as a vampire, because otherwise you would not have over-reacted as you did.

Seriously guys, my only concern is balance. If when IC is released 90% or more of the players are vampire, it´s not good for the build diversity, nor it´s good for the health of the game.

And I don't have a problem being a vampire: I and my allies will be one if it grants more advantages than being a WW or just a human being. No doubt on this.

So for you over-reaction means we know we are OP?
    So if I make a thread and QQ because stamina sorcerer with doble resto staff and heavy armor is op, ppl will probably insult me and the reason, if I follow your reasonment, is that they know this combo is OP?
    Wow
    you=/=logic
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Galbsadi
    Galbsadi
    ✭✭✭
    I play a vampire. I get hit by Dawnbreaker for 50k+.

Even if I stack stam, I'm pretty sure my HP caps around 30k.

So, tell me how I'm OP when I can be one-shot by an ability available to every player....
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With sets like Dark Stalker (or whatever its called...) that does the exact same thing, there's zero reason to nerf the Vampire.

Nights Silence (5 pieces) if anyone wanted to know which set it was.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigh you know the vamps are gonna feed on you now cause you said nerf vamps right?

Dawnbreaerk, Silver bolts, Expert hunter (you now the buggy divine skill), circle or protection, anything fire related,. Any one else got anything to add?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In our guild alliance we are strongly considering to be vampires so as to leverage the vampire passive bonuses when hidden. The speed bonus is absolutely great in IC, and being hidden most of the time when moving is obviously a huge advantage in IC. We can ambush people easily and steal all their TV stones.

This needs to be addressed before IC is released. There are too many advantages being a vampire in IC and not enough drawbacks.

No. Giving up a slot for a mandatory Vamp skill is ALREADY a serious nerf on PTS.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In our guild alliance we are strongly considering to be vampires so as to leverage the vampire passive bonuses when hidden. The speed bonus is absolutely great in IC, and being hidden most of the time when moving is obviously a huge advantage in IC. We can ambush people easily and steal all their TV stones.

This needs to be addressed before IC is released. There are too many advantages being a vampire in IC and not enough drawbacks.

Stuff like this is cancer. Seriously. Vampire is not overpowered, it's working fine as intended, there are sets that do the same damn thing as dark stalker. Cut the crap. You know what else works in IC? Zergs. Have you considered doing that? You can zerg people and steal all their TV stones.

This needs to be addressed before IC is released. There are too many advantages being a zerg in IC and not enough drawbacks. See what I did there?

f***ing people... I swear. Please go back to PvE and stop trying to ruin the game.

Even though I agree with your point about Vampires, I don't see why you have to drag PvE into this. The OP didn't say anything about PvE versus PvP. Furthermore, all the horrible nerfs that happened to Vampires in 2014 were because of PvP whines, so it's kind of funny hearing PvEers get accused of whining.

Edited by Emma_Overload on August 5, 2015 5:45PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stuff like this is cancer. Seriously. Vampire is not overpowered, it's working fine as intended, there are sets that do the same damn thing as dark stalker. Cut the crap. You know what else works in IC? Zergs. Have you considered doing that? You can zerg people and steal all their TV stones.

This needs to be addressed before IC is released. There are too many advantages being a zerg in IC and not enough drawbacks. See what I did there?

f***ing people... I swear. Please go back to PvE and stop trying to ruin the game.

Even though I agree with you point about Vampires, I don't see why you have to drag PvE into this. The OP didn't say anything about PvE versus PvP. Furthermore, all the horrible nerfs that happened to Vampires in 2014 were because of PvP whines, so it's kind of funny hearing PvEers get accused of whining.

The majority of nerf threads right now are coming from PvE people (by their own admission). Not sure about OP but you kind of have to be a clueless PvE player or have your head shoved really up your ass to make some the claims im seeing in these threads. I figured being labeled a carebear or a pve player is better than being labeled a moron. :/ Sorry if I offended you.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galbsadi wrote: »
    I play a vampire. I get hit by Dawnbreaker for 50k+.

Even if I stack stam, I'm pretty sure my HP caps around 30k.

So, tell me how I'm OP when I can be one-shot by an ability available to every player....

Issue a bug; you should not be hit for 50k damage.
    Edited by trimsic_ESO on August 5, 2015 5:51PM
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In our guild alliance we are strongly considering to be vampires reroll Nightblades so as to leverage the vampire Nightblade class skills and passive bonuses when hidden. The speed bonus(with double take and the ability to spam cloak to stay undetected by players and NPCs) is absolutely great in IC, and being hidden most of the time when moving is obviously a huge advantage in IC. We can ambush people easily and steal all their TV stones.

This needs to be addressed before IC is released. There are too many advantages being a vampire Nightblade in IC and not enough drawbacks.

Fixed for accuracy.

Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    It is good advantages in situation when Drain Essence nerfed.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh you know the vamps are gonna feed on you now cause you said nerf vamps right?

Dawnbreaerk, Silver bolts, Expert hunter (you now the buggy divine skill), circle or protection, anything fire related,. Any one else got anything to add?

Dont forget an extra 9% damage taken from every sources.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daedric npcs = everybody running fighter guild skills