Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Vampire, and stealth advantages in general in IC

trimsic_ESO
trimsic_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
In our guild alliance we are strongly considering to be vampires so as to leverage the vampire passive bonuses when hidden. The speed bonus is absolutely great in IC, and being hidden most of the time when moving is obviously a huge advantage in IC. We can ambush people easily and steal all their TV stones.

This needs to be addressed before IC is released. There are too many advantages being a vampire in IC and not enough drawbacks.

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *uses dawnbreaker*
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    *uses dawnbreaker*
    Agree of course, but not sure it will prevent people from being vampire.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, I dropped it on pts because dawnbreaker will ruin your day
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In our guild alliance we are strongly considering to be vampires so as to leverage the vampire passive bonuses when hidden. The speed bonus is absolutely great in IC, and being hidden most of the time when moving is obviously a huge advantage in IC. We can ambush people easily and steal all their TV stones.

This needs to be addressed before IC is released. There are too many advantages being a vampire in IC and not enough drawbacks.

Stuff like this is cancer. Seriously. Vampire is not overpowered, it's working fine as intended, there are sets that do the same damn thing as dark stalker. Cut the crap. You know what else works in IC? Zergs. Have you considered doing that? You can zerg people and steal all their TV stones.

This needs to be addressed before IC is released. There are too many advantages being a zerg in IC and not enough drawbacks. See what I did there?

f***ing people... I swear. Please go back to PvE and stop trying to ruin the game.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if you use smiting since it's dot hits the same time as the initial damage. I have had flawless dot hit for <500 on vamps. Easy enough to get high magic resist. It's why it should be physical damage for flawless. Camo hunter does seem to proc a lot more than 15% though, again magic damage and easily negated.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is magic damage easily negated now Nirnhoned is all but useless?
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    f***ing people... I swear. Please go back to PvE and stop trying to ruin the game.

to be fair, our PvE skills are now being balanced around PvP, so PvP is ruining the game first ^_^
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • crytantrevors
    crytantrevors
    ✭✭✭
    honestly people on forums ruin any mmorpg fast, most people shouldnt be heard.... This game was made as intended and devs could learn not to cave to whiners because they suck at one small game mechanic and lack skill.. I have seen it happen in every single mmorpg out of 15 years playing this genre... First few months of the games release is epic and fun and after that its all down hill because of complaining people who cant adapt.. Go play call of duty or counter strike if you cant handle this game
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    honestly people on forums ruin any mmorpg fast, most people shouldnt be heard.... This game was made as intended and devs could learn not to cave to whiners because they suck at one small game mechanic and lack skill.. I have seen it happen in every single mmorpg out of 15 years playing this genre... First few months of the games release is epic and fun and after that its all down hill because of complaining people who cant adapt.. Go play call of duty or counter strike if you cant handle this game

Aye Sir you are 100% right!
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, the answers I could read are made by people who whine. OMG don't nerf my vampire, please please please.

To some extents, your reaction proves that you are perfectly aware of how powerful you are as a vampire, because otherwise you would not have over-reacted as you did.

Seriously guys, my only concern is balance. If when IC is released 90% or more of the players are vampire, it´s not good for the build diversity, nor it´s good for the health of the game.

And I don't have a problem being a vampire: I and my allies will be one if it grants more advantages than being a WW or just a human being. No doubt on this.
    Edited by trimsic_ESO on August 4, 2015 11:20AM
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as vamps take 50% more fire dmg I wouldn't call them OP. And yes tooltip says 25% but it is 50%.....
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is dawnbreaker dot proc at the same time with the intimal hit fixed in PTS?
    Because I can!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To some extents, your reaction proves that you are perfectly aware of how powerful you are as a vampire, because otherwise you would not have over-reacted as you did.

Oh come on.

I have no love for vampires, but coming to the forum and claiming they are overpowered, then using the reaction you basically provoked as some sort of proof that you are right, well, that's just low.

• Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No. No *** nerfs.

Vampire is working just fine, and its working as intended. It's not overpowered in any way.

No drawbacks? Even if you get a drop on another party, Sorcs wielding Inferno Staves will cut your day very short. Quit asking for nerfs. All they're going to do is weaken the Vampire to nigh uselessness, and then what happens?

No.

With sets like Dark Stalker (or whatever its called...) that does the exact same thing, there's zero reason to nerf the Vampire.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• crytantrevors
    crytantrevors
    ✭✭✭
    If you truly think vampires are over powered that proves you have not played them and just suck at your class choice.... Pve wise most en game dungeons are fire as well as pvp and vamps die super easy but thats how its meant to be. I suck at this game alot but im at peace with that.... There will always be some one better and to blame game mechanics like perfectly fine systems like the veteran ranks or champion points or vampire or werewolf or what ever because one dies over and over is r e t a r d e d
    Edited by crytantrevors on August 4, 2015 3:57PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only problem with vampires is their strong Undead passive and especially Mist Form. I hate this ability so much.
    I imagine it to be extreeemly OP in Imperial City. You basically cannot die as a Vampire if you run this abilitiy, because allies are everywhere and you can safely run to them. That's what I would do if I was a vampire, now where bolt escape got nerfed.

But I will not fall for the temptation. At least we have 9% more damage against vampires :) So it has some benefits.... somewhere
    Edited by Dracane on August 4, 2015 4:16PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Radburn
    Radburn
    ✭✭✭
    As has been said, Dawnbreaker is a cheap, very powerful ultimate that is available to everyone. Just like the option to be a Vampire.

If you don't like the idea of being a Vampire because it doesn't fit your build, don't try and ruin it for others. Templars rely heavily on the Vampire skill line to be competitive in PvP and any changes made would really hurt that class.

• Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Radburn wrote: »
    As has been said, Dawnbreaker is a cheap, very powerful ultimate that is available to everyone. Just like the option to be a Vampire.

If you don't like the idea of being a Vampire because it doesn't fit your build, don't try and ruin it for others. Templars rely heavily on the Vampire skill line to be competitive in PvP and any changes made would really hurt that class.
    This.

All of this.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't want to ruin anything :neutral: was only telling my opinion
    I didn't ask for nerfs. But I highly dislike vampires as a roleplayer :wink:
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Then don't play one. But your OP does actually allude to a nerf.

Just because you don't like playing Vampires, doesn't mean it's overpowered, nor does it mean that it should be ruined for everyone else.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• Radburn
    Radburn
    ✭✭✭

If you dislike vamps due to rp reasons then it's an opportunity to become Van Helsing. Use dawnbreaker of smiting and go rid the Imperial City of Vampires!
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but your opinion isn't correct. Because you cant "run" to your allies in Mist Form, unless you're fighting these clueless NA PvE'ers I keep seeing in some 1vX videos.

Mist Form is not an escape skill. It's a powerful dmg mitigator that comes with a price, it stops your magicka regeneration. But you're still locked on everyone's target while in Mist, gap closed, rooted and snared and cant get anywhere, while your magicka regen is 0. So you have to cancel Mist Form and Purge roots/snares or dodge roll, to move forward. Than you get instantly cc'ed and dead, if you're trying to flee from an enemy group.

Bolt Escape on the other hand is not affected by roots or snares. You dont blink with less speed, because you have a snare debuff or Talons around your feet.

But fair enough, some class builds dont run either roots or snares, for them it's probably very annoying with Mist.
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Oh come on.

I have no love for vampires, but coming to the forum and claiming they are overpowered, then using the reaction you basically provoked as some sort of proof that you are right, well, that's just low.

Where did I say that the vampire was over powered? Can you quote me stating that?

I said: "There are too many advantages being a vampire in IC and not enough drawbacks" in the context of the advantage of being stealthed in IC. Nothing less, nothing more.

You really over react.

Once again, I don't care being a vampire in IC. If it's better to be a vampire than being a WW or just a standard human, then I'll be a vampire. But I do care if 90% or more of the players are vampires in IC. This would mean that being anything else but a vampire is not an optimal choice, and would narrow the build diversity, which is always a bad thing in a game.

Now I would understand if this was the issue #2376 in their to do list.
    Edited by trimsic_ESO on August 5, 2015 10:15AM
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Using the obvious bug with one of Dawnbreaker's morphs would be, wait for it, bug using. The on activation damage of the other morph is neglible.

Are you really suggesting people exploiting well known bugs are part of proper balancing ?
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on August 5, 2015 10:25AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh come on.

Where did I say that the vampire was over powered? Can you quote me stating that?

I said: "There are too many advantages being a vampire in IC and not enough drawbacks" in the context of the advantage of being stealthed in IC. Nothing less, nothing more.

Which of course is basically the same as saying 'vampires in IC are overpowered'. Having too many advantages and not enough drawbacks is the definition of overpowered.
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh come on.

Which of course is basically the same as saying 'vampires in IC are overpowered'. Having too many advantages and not enough drawbacks is the definition of overpowered.

No, it's actually the definition of powered. Over powered is when it's powered over a reasonable limit.
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP are you kidding?

Dark Stalker is the ONLY good thing about being a vamp.

Negatives:
    Insane fire damage.
    Terrible Health regen.
    Useless abilities at end game.( They were great for leveling)
    No more Regen passive.

Positve: Dark Stalker

Vamps do not get any love from ZOS.

The negative effects out weigh the one positive.

Losing the magika and stam regen now is a joke and is uncalled for, Vamps are always in VAMP form, so we should always have that regen ability.

ZOS took away the ability to stack , Dark Stalker with 5 trait speed bonus in steath.

Why? because it was so OP, Vamps were killing everything? /sarcasm off

BUT Shield staking is not OP! and is working as intended.......and Now so WW don't cry they nerf us Vamps for no dam reason!!!

Yet another example why ZOS made a great game but they lack common sense.
    Edited by Sav72 on August 5, 2015 6:23PM
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Using the obvious bug with one of Dawnbreaker's morphs would be, wait for it, bug using. The on activation damage of the other morph is neglible.
    Are you really suggesting people exploiting well known bugs are part of proper balancing ?

Yeah maybe this suggestion helps fix that crap as every single so-called "skilled player" is using this right now in pvp. You barely survive one of it - you´re totally done for when a duo using it on a vampire. With average HP you get one-shotted if you´re not at full 100%.

Even if they fix it - with a small group all using the skill you can kiss any vampire group goodbye. Imo vampires are far from overpowered or even useful in pvp right now. Really no nerf needed here. You survive much longer in pvp when you got none of the diseases. And on pts you even have to have a vamp ability on the bar to activate the +regen.

Two out of my six characters are vamp and I already think about curing them as pvp is a mess right now as vamp.

Edited by G0ku on August 5, 2015 1:00PM
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VAMP is the preferred syndrome to have now in pvp. It will once again climb to the apex of group mechanics. Everyone will be a vamp if they pvp and the bat swarming race will begin once again. With the reduction to fire damage and the reduction to damage in general there is now reason for players to not be a vamp. The benefits of the syndrome outweigh the negative aspects. Sorcs please get your vamp maxed out you will benefit the greatest from this.....Streak. mist. streak. mist no magica penalty. 4 second of 75% less damage unseeable and increased movement speed. when you come out of mist streak again and mist again. You can do this all the way across Cryodiil and suffer no penalties in the process.

For all those who complained about sorcs streaking and for all the work ZOS put into supposedly fixing this was wasted because now sorc vamps are able to achieve the same thing. In fact I would say those stam dodge rollers are able to do the same thing since VAMP has no real penalties.

Just something to think about folks.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a PvP update that involves PvE and precious upgrades and you have a fleet of role playing carebears giving their "expert" opinions on how to nerf PvP. Brilliant.

Take a look at this gem:
    Anazasi wrote: »
    VAMP is the preferred syndrome to have now in pvp. It will once again climb to the apex of group mechanics. Everyone will be a vamp if they pvp and the bat swarming race will begin once again. With the reduction to fire damage and the reduction to damage in general there is now reason for players to not be a vamp. The benefits of the syndrome outweigh the negative aspects. Sorcs please get your vamp maxed out you will benefit the greatest from this.....Streak. mist. streak. mist no magica penalty. 4 second of 75% less damage unseeable and increased movement speed. when you come out of mist streak again and mist again. You can do this all the way across Cryodiil and suffer no penalties in the process.

For all those who complained about sorcs streaking and for all the work ZOS put into supposedly fixing this was wasted because now sorc vamps are able to achieve the same thing. In fact I would say those stam dodge rollers are able to do the same thing since VAMP has no real penalties.

Just something to think about folks.

Preferred Syndrome you say?
    Vamp will be the apex you say, why? You read thread of a carebear worried about something that is a non factor and all of a sudden the lie begins to spread.
    "Everyone will be a vamp if they pvp and the bat swarming race will begin once again."

ROFL. Batswarm has been nerfed. Damage has been nerfed. This is not a year ago where DK Emperors spammed bats. Just stop. Most classes have better ults and non class ults like Meteor, Barrier, and Dawnbreaker will be taken over this.

Sorcs please get your vamp maxed out you will benefit the greatest from this.....Streak. mist. streak. mist no magica penalty.

This one is a real doozy. Streak / Mist / Streak / Mist? Say goodbye to your Magicka. I guess you didn't realize you don't regen Magicka while in Mistform. You don't know what you are talking about.

Vamp is fine. Dark Stalker is fine. A lot of people are not going to bother with Vamp. Why? Because to have the regen they are required to slot inferior abilities to their otherwise 'set template.' I don't have mistform or bat swarm on my bar because they are inferior to what I already have. Doing so would be a nerf. A lot of people share this situation. Also a lot of people do not want to get wrecked by Fighter's Guild abilities which are getting buffs and already do crazy damage against vampires.

I would address the rest of what you wrote but seeing you don't even understand how Vamp works it's pointless as the rest of your post is predicated on ignorance
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...