The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Major BUG: Certain abilities get PVP penalty twice, and become useless.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many abilities that have both a damage part and a healing part gets hit by the 50% PVP reduction TWICE, making the ability nerfed twice has hard as intended in PVP.

Examples are Templars Puncturing Sweep which now heals for nothing due to 50% dmg penalty AND 50% healing penalty on the heal based on damage afterwards, making the healing part get nerfed twice.

Abilities tested so far that suffer from this is BUG:
    • NB: Swallowing Soul/Funnel Health (key ability and HoT is now useless due to 2x penalty), Soul Tether (needs more testing).
    • Templar: Blazing Shield, Puncturing Sweep (both key abilities that become useless in dmg return and heal return, respectively)
    • DK: Draw Essence (Now a joke), Burning Embers.
    • Sorc: Surge.

There are still probably many more abilities affected by this.

This NEEDS to be fixed, or it screws royally over balance compared to abilities like Flame Lash, where the healing part does NOT get penalty twice because it is not factored based on damage, another factor etc.

SOLUTION TO FIX: Either fix the penalty hitting twice, or make each factor separate from each other in the abilities mentioned. Instead of for example "heal 25% of damage done", change it to a seperate factor that scales the same way (so it heals the same) but does not rely on dmg done for 2x penalties.

This definitely needs to be addressed. Should have a long time ago but it's going too far now.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope their code is not convoluted, brittle or otherwise difficult to maintain. If that is the case, things like this can be a nightmare to fix.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many abilities that have both a damage part and a healing part gets hit by the 50% PVP reduction TWICE, making the ability nerfed twice has hard as intended in PVP.

Examples are Templars Puncturing Sweep which now heals for nothing due to 50% dmg penalty AND 50% healing penalty on the heal based on damage afterwards, making the healing part get nerfed twice.

Abilities tested so far that suffer from this is BUG:
    • NB: Swallowing Soul/Funnel Health (key ability and HoT is now useless due to 2x penalty), Soul Tether (needs more testing).
    • Templar: Blazing Shield, Puncturing Sweep (both key abilities that become useless in dmg return and heal return, respectively)
    • DK: Draw Essence (Now a joke), Burning Embers.
    • Sorc: Surge.

There are still probably many more abilities affected by this.

This NEEDS to be fixed, or it screws royally over balance compared to abilities like Flame Lash, where the healing part does NOT get penalty twice because it is not factored based on damage, another factor etc.

SOLUTION TO FIX: Either fix the penalty hitting twice, or make each factor separate from each other in the abilities mentioned. Instead of for example "heal 25% of damage done", change it to a seperate factor that scales the same way (so it heals the same) but does not rely on dmg done for 2x penalties.

Yea, I had Deep Breath on my bar...bloody was healing for 400ish in PvP..that means if I hit like 3 people..it'll heal for 1200 if i'm lucky

Completely useless
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just cannot believe that this hitting twice, resulting in a double nerf, has been the intention.

But I do not understand why ZOS does keep the tension AND the frustration awake, by not being responsive a bit faster...
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    I just cannot believe that this hitting twice, resulting in a double nerf, has been the intention.

But I do not understand why ZOS does keep the tension AND the frustration awake, by not being responsive a bit faster...

they are busy with elemenatary school math curses.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

What the hexadecimal is a math curse? (Like that?)

:smiley:
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

I'm suprised they still haven't responded on something this major. It's basically making a lot of the abilities in the game completely useless in pvp. It's also screwing over the balance between classes even further, since many of these abilities are key factors in each class.

Been subbing since it went f2p, but now I'm starting to really lose hope in this mess.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Yeah, it seems my blazing shield blows up on the first hit :(

Wait until it can be crit. Then it will blow up on the first hit and you'll probably have your health halved as well from that same first hit.
    Edited by timidobserver on August 3, 2015 3:26AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazing Shield inversion. You lose 50% health upon activation. And another 50 percent upon detonation.Kinda like a certain vest in R/L.

No response yet.
    Silence can be from mere oversight
    Silence can be from workload
    Silence can also be Dismissal.

People are doing alot of gambling with what players will endure.

A Camel can carry alot of straw. But one to many and now you have to take your Camel to a vet.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something should be done so that abilities don't get double debuffed from battle spirit. It makes these kinds of abilities "bad" to use in pvp, and I would hope that the devs do not want that to happen.
    Edited by Domander on August 3, 2015 8:31AM
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    push
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still no response from ZOS?

so bump from page 3
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be addressed @ZOS_GinaBruno. Please be sure it is not missed.
  • Radburn
    Radburn
    ✭✭✭
    Puncturing Sweeps and Sun Shield were two skills I relied on as a Templar - this is very disheartening to me...

• Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    WTB 1.5
    Edited by Aunatar on August 3, 2015 7:30PM
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    bump
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, just want to let you know that we are looking into all the abilities reported, and will let you know when we have an update.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

Other abilities tested so far that suffer from this is BUG:

NB: Swallowing soul (Key ability and HoT is now useless due to 2x penalty), Soul Tether (needs more testing).

Templar: Blazing Shield, puncturing sweep (both key abilities that become useless in dmg return and heal return, respectively)

DK: Draw essence (Now a joke)

Sorc: Not yet tested.

I haven't tested it, but this would mean Burning Embers (DK ability) gets a nerf too, "35% of damage done when effect ends heals you". I assume on players this would get the double nerf too.

You didn't mention Entropy.
    :trollin:
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just want to let you know that we are looking into all the abilities reported, and will let you know when we have an update.

Thank you Gina! You are awesome.

• Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing ward gets hit twice.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Same thing with Radiant Glory - healing ticks in execute mode lower than enemy light attacks.

Don't forget this one!
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The battlespirit buff is a lazy way of balancing pvp and causes more problems than it solves.

-remove battlesprit except perhaps the range bonus on 28m abilities.
    -nerf base damage and heals of every ability in the game by 50%
    -give everyone up to 4k more base health (scaling with level)
    -Reduce all NPC's health in the game by 50%
    -Reduce all NPC's damage and healing in the game by 50%
    -Increase NPC's damage slightly to balance with the extra health of players
    -Further tweak each ability in the game until it's balanced.

(^Not sure if it would all balance out in the end but you get the idea... make it work.)

Balance everything around pvp and then adjust the pve content to match.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on August 4, 2015 9:59AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Let's hope their code is not convoluted, brittle or otherwise difficult to maintain. If that is the case, things like this can be a nightmare to fix.

Why do you think penetration bug is not fixed yet? Because they dont know how and the dude that coded the stuff got prolly fired long time ago and they hae literally no freaking clue how to fix it
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!

This really is a concern that needs to be adressed, since it's a big balance issue that render many abilities completely pointless, while others are superior if not fixed.
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just nerfing all damage and heals seems like a bad way to "fix" things. It just causes more imbalances and makes some abilities/builds useless.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just want to follow up and let you all know that we did investigate and confirmed an issue with the battle spirit buff affecting abilities that do damage and heal you based on the damage dealt; the heals are less effective than intended. We're working on fixing it, though - thanks again for the reports!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to follow up and let you all know that we did investigate and confirmed an issue with the battle spirit buff affecting abilities that do damage and heal you based on the damage dealt; the heals are less effective than intended. We're working on fixing it, though - thanks again for the reports!

Awesome! Thank you for the info.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Are the heals not being as effective the only bug or did you concur with our findings about damage?
    Please be aware/make a note that there are a few healing abilities which are healing nicely. For instance "Vigor" is supposed to be an "overtime dot heal" but it would appear it's giving a rather large instant burst of heal before the dot.
    I didn't think this "initial burst" was supposed to happen is it?
    I'll deter to the healers on this forum for their thoughts about any other healing abilities.
    Edited by kaithuzar on August 4, 2015 5:50PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

OK, but don't forget other combinations of "does x based on y" like Blazing Shield, which does damage based on the size of the shield. With the blanket nerfs to everything in Cyrodiil, all abilities like these are affected...

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbl post
    Edited by danno8 on August 4, 2015 6:00PM