The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Resounding Whimper of the 'Elder Scrolls Online' Release

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed that some of the people who write for Forbes are marginally literate.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Forbes must have it out for Zenimax.... They seem to hate ESO.

That review actually seemed pretty positive to me and blames it all on marketing. That is where I think the article is wrong.

See; way back when this game was not launched yet, in beta weekends; a LOT (and I do mean A LOT!) of people got access to try it out. The thing is, the beginning was considered very slow pace and boring. ZOS tried to give the option of skipping the starter island with that in mind and have revamped the tutorial part a couple time at least since. And combat felt floaty; and that has been addressed a few times at least. Thing is; I think some of it was too late as people had their first impressions, and some things I think have made it worse after launch in that the game has felt long and grindy and they added more things to grind while also making the veteran content easier rather than faster paced. Easier was a mistake because you just wind up making it truly a time gate rather than a challenge with what they did.

Reputation has gotten out. Word of mouth probably is doing the opposite of what the article says and actually hampering growth despite the recent commercials I have actually seen on TV. Bad reputation is a hard thing to crawl out of and between some poor implementations and missing the mark when trying to address it, as well as really lacking the TES game features the article only attributed as being minor; ZOS has a huge uphill battle and I am afraid it is easier to lose players who accept it for what it is, than it is to attract players who are not playing and already have their impressions of it.
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    djyrb wrote: »
    Additionally, the freedom of choice that made Skyrim a favorite in the eyes of reviewers is also gone. It’s understandable and not very surprising that an MMO would want to lock players into five specific roles.

Do journalists get an extra class that we are not able to access? There are so many inaccurate statements in this article; I know someone who won't be winning the Pulitzer any time soon.

he is talking about roles not classes.

You are giving the author WAY too much credit. You presented a thoughtful opinion on ESO's lack of the holy trinity. The author complained because 9 skill lines out of 30 plus would be inaccessible to him at any given time on any character. Guy doesn't even know there are only 4 classes and is complaining about the game. I can almost guarantee he has not participated in any group content that would lead him to question whether ESO respects the trinity or is just a DPS fest.
    Edited by J2JMC on July 21, 2015 3:16PM
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If console release was a whimper i'm guessing IC release will be nothing but crickets.