Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina Templar AoE advice...

LotusBladedancer
I am building a Stamina based DPS Templar using a 2Handed (For single target) and Dual Wield (For Aoe)
I am happy with my single target layout, but unsure about my Aoe bar... For PvE

At the moment I am thinking...

Steel tornado (Main Damage-spam)
Blazing Spear (Opener)
Restoring focus (Heal and resistance)
Evil hunter (Extra damage)
Repentance (Heal and buff from corpses)

Anything else that would fit better? Maybe replace Restoring focus with Deadly cloak or Blazing shield?

All advice appreciated as I am a little confused which works best and the rotation...?
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazing spear is only good as magicka build (the burning light procs don't do enough dmg even though they will scale off your higher resource). I would replace it with blazing shield to keep the 10% more critical hit dmg. Restoring focus can be replaced by quick cloak for more mobility and less AOE dmg. Repentance should only be used if the healer doesn't use it because it scales off max magicka. You can still keep it on your bar for the regeneration bonus. If you have caltrops you could replace quick cloak or repentance.

The rotation is quite simple: evil hunter -> quick cloak -> jump in -> steel tornado (maybe add a dodge after the first tornado or block because all the mobs will attack you first)

Steel tornado is the best AOE in the game with a build in execute, so you don't really need anything else. For 2 and less enemies you can switch to your 2H bar and finish them of with biting jabs.
    Edited by GilGalad on July 17, 2015 1:06AM
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also in the process of making a similar build, and I think Gil.Galad put forth some very good points.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throw caltrops in there if you can get it.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • LotusBladedancer
    I could go with 2 Handed Carve (for the Ultimate add) and Ultimate Empowering sweep/Solar prison ?
  • GNRNCSBLSS
    GNRNCSBLSS
    ✭✭
    You need biting jabs, how do you not have this and why hasn't anyone already suggested this?? Do you people even know how to play a templar... lol?

Steel tornado by itself is crazy strong for an AoE, however, take off blazing spear and put on biting jabs.

Biting jabs is stupid powerful when it comes to any mob or boss, and as of right now using biting jabs during fights(and steel tornado) gets you the highest AoE DPS in the game right now.

Here's the build for reference.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/jabsmania-templar-stamina-dd-build-for-update-1-6/
    Edited by GNRNCSBLSS on July 17, 2015 3:00PM