The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO on ESPN...Are My Eyes Playing Tricks on Me?

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that Bethesda Softworks (ZOS has nothing to do with this) has contracted with an advertizing agency that is handling this based on cost and audience parameters. Ads could pop up anywhere, and if you are seeing them, they they are hitting the demographic.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • markt84
    markt84
    ✭✭✭
    Don't see why this is weird at all. A lot of people love video games and sports, video games aren't only for dorks. I watched the entire NBA finals while playing eso with the finals snapped. Best way to watch NBA games. Now when football comes around, I'll do it to the games I don't really care about, but when my giants and wolverines play, eso will have to take a break....well unless they are losing then it will get snapped.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch college football pretty much every minute its on TV, and I play this game too.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say that this is the most advertized TES title I have seen yet. I see ads for it all over the tube. Comedy Central, TBS, ESPN.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First you need to explain what ESPN is then we need an in-depth review on this Center for Sports...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »
    So I have a little under 36 hours left in my vacation. I was watching SportsCenter, when the anchor said..."SportsCenter brought to you by The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited".

I thought "Are you kidding me?" ESPN seems like the last place you want to have a video game sponsorship with...

I don't...I can't...I don't understand.

What are your thoughts on this, Community?

Nothing that @ZOS does surprises me anymore.....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait..... wut ? a video game commercial on a sports network..... da *** is this twilight zone?
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you guys ever seem the figures for game development spending? It's terrible... the developers of the game might have a budget of a million dollars say, then the marketing folks will come in and spend 200 million on advertising (here's looking at you Star Wars: The Old Republic).
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be weirder if they were sponsoring baby nappies or something.

Slogan: With ESO baby nappies, you'll never get too much content!

s21984_Ba_dum_tss-s398x343-181273-1020.jpg
    Edited by Gyudan on July 13, 2015 6:30PM
    Wololo.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The were advertising heavily during the UFC 189 prelims. New commercial.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may have to google Sophie Monk, but that commercial was a helluva lot better than the bland one they're running now.

Horribly generic, does not begin to show the features or convince anyone to play. Sadly the grafix actually looked worse than what I see on my XBOX.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may have to google Sophie Monk, but that commercial was a helluva lot better than the bland one they're running now.
    Who is Sophie Monk and why would you Google her?

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • markt84
    markt84
    ✭✭✭

Horribly generic, does not begin to show the features or convince anyone to play. Sadly the grafix actually looked worse than what I see on my XBOX.

Just be happy it looks as well as it does on consoles. This game is crazy big with thousands of people playing all at the same time. Just be happy that the current gen consoles have the power to handle a game like this at all
  • rayeab16_ESO
    rayeab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    have to agree with QuebraRegra.
    that advert was a heluva lot more sence making than the cgi ones.

while the original trailers were lovely to look at, they gave the impression that the game is one huge siege.
    where as that trailer (and thanks, by the way, for posting it, i havent lol'd at a trailer like that in ages) is a lot more honest about things.
    it shows off the in game world better (because its visible, not covered in clouds of dust/smoke from the fighting.) it shows you things you can do other than be stuck laggin in pvp, warns you that theivery is afoot (so if you want to try it, go ahead) AND shows you that if you do steal (and get caught) you can ahem, loose your fingers (well, the fingers of your char, even if they would grow back thanks you restoration magic XD)

if i were going to have to choose between the cinematic war between the factions (interupted) trailers and this one, i would easily pick the one with sophie. because its much more honest of in game than the other one.
  • Wolfshade
    Wolfshade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    ESPN is on Sky TV where I live. Did not notice anything about Tamriel Unlimited on SportsCenter after watching the baseball today. Must pay more attention today.

I mentioned the release of ESO, not ESO:TU.

• Aerathnor
    Aerathnor
    ✭✭
    yeah I was shocked to see a commercial on tv the other day. The wife and I were watching and we both were surprised to see that ZOS spent the money for it.

Come to think of it you honestly do not see game commercials that much.
    Everyone remembers the BF4 commercial drive though I bet.. I swear it took a month or more to get that song out of my head lol..
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dEbE3fGfF-o

That's the song that took forever to get out of my head. Don't remember the BF4 one.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering two major esports events are scheduled on espn, no coïncidence
  • Proffit91
    Proffit91
    It's simple.

Sporting events are some of the most watched programs on TV and as someone said they bring people together from all walks of life. Many different niche markets you're catering to within that one large sports market. I think it's a great marketing strategy.

A little odd to hear the two associated together, but why not? They have eSport channels so it's not too far off from making perfect sense.
    Level 24 Gamer
    Founder: 'Order of The Higher Cause'
    |PSN: Proffit91| |Skype: Proffit91| |Twitter: @TheProff91| |Instagram: @proffit91|

• FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    Not much surprises me after hearing saying competitive gaming was an actual sport. That one nearly made me cry from laughing so hard. Apparently anything can be considered a sport these days. Seeing video games sponsoring or advertising on a sports network? Nope , not surprising in the slightest. That's all I will say on the subject.
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • Rivan12
    Rivan12
    ✭✭✭
    The other day a guard in Riften whispered "Hail Sithis"

I responded "Roll Tide"

ESPN advertising makes sense to me.
    "Pssst, I know who you are... Hail Sithis"
  • markt84
    markt84
    ✭✭✭
    Not much surprises me after hearing saying competitive gaming was an actual sport. That one nearly made me cry from laughing so hard. Apparently anything can be considered a sport these days. Seeing video games sponsoring or advertising on a sports network? Nope , not surprising in the slightest. That's all I will say on the subject.

Don't worry, only people that don't know what a sport is, consider playing a video game a sport
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Korozenn on July 13, 2015 9:35PM
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it's not.

The ad happened after a commercial break following a SC-Featured newscast.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭

That's actually pretty hilarious. Love the Monty Python level of cheesy humor. Reminds me of the old time corny game commercials we use to see, too. Well done, ZeniMax! XD

Meanwhile at ZeniMax:
    Employee: "Look! They like the new cheesy commercials we're putting out. WE NEED MORE CHEESE!"
    Rich: "/lurk"
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright, guys, let's get back on topic.

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on July 13, 2015 11:13PM
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any publicity is good publicity.
  • Kazzy56
    Kazzy56
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 EU

So many uninformed critics sat on their high horses, but apparently still happy to play and be associated with a game they make fun of and scorn.

Have a great Tamriel day.
    <3
    Young at heart. Slightly older in other places.
    PS4 player.
    If everything was perfect there would be nothing to strive for.